AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-03-05, 08:58   Link #1
monster

Adjusting video brightness in SMPlayer

I've tried to use the video equalizer, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there another way to do this?
Old 2010-03-05, 10:03   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I tried to replicate the problem using both vdpau (my default) and xv video output drivers, and both stock Ubuntu mplayer and my custom-compiled multithreaded version, and in all these cases I can make the screen totally black or white with the brightness control.

I can also control the brightness directly using mplayer from the command line and holding down the 3 or 4 keys. Does that work for you? SMPlayer is probably doing the equivalent of this.
Old 2010-03-05, 18:24   Link #3
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I tried to replicate the problem using both vdpau (my default) and xv video output drivers, and both stock Ubuntu mplayer and my custom-compiled multithreaded version, and in all these cases I can make the screen totally black or white with the brightness control.

I can also control the brightness directly using mplayer from the command line and holding down the 3 or 4 keys. Does that work for you? SMPlayer is probably doing the equivalent of this.
I tried the 3 and 4 keys, and while the SMPlayer status bar tells me the brightness level is changing (from -100 to +100) just like when I do it through the video equalizer, that change is not reflected in the video itself. I'm not sure how to do it through the video output drivers or the command line.
Old 2010-03-08, 22:24   Link #4
monster

I finally got the equalizer to work by enabling software video equalizer in the SMPlayer preferences. I guess my graphic card or video output driver doesn't support video equalizer.