AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 21:29   Link #61
LKK

A very satisfying premier. I could do without the censoring on general principle. But other than that, I have no complaints. I like the male lead in particular.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 22:37   Link #62
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Spoiler for Episode 1:
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 22:39   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Someone involved in this production is definitely an ass man.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:17   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 1. That was terrific. Great pace. Good look. Interesting situation. Fine characters all round. Excellent voice-acting from Kondou Takashi (Sugisaki), Hikasa Youko (Mio), Toyosaki Aki (Yui), and Yonaga Tsubasa (doing a version of the Sunohara character I actually liked), with Yuuki Aoi appearing at the end. And Sphere's song was good, too.

I have no idea if it can keep this up, but that was a great start. I had no idea I would enjoy this as much as I did. And the fanservice worked, too, without going over the top.

The director (Watanabe Takashi) directed Shakugan no Shana but has been around long enough to have done an episode of Utena, too. Writer Yoshioka Takao did Elfen Lied, Zero no Tsukaima...and Queen's Blade.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:25   Link #65
NoLongerSane

A very enjoyable first episode. I really enjoyed how the protagonist made his intentions only to have that raven throw a very huge wrench into his plans. Thought it was very hillarious on how the class misinterpreted the situation and the guy did not make it any better. Will be waiting to see how the next episode turns out.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:03   Link #66
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Absolutely batshibe insane.

And I loved every moment of it.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:17   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 03:45   Link #68
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Impressive!

I had quit a few good laughts in this episode. Fanservice was okay and good to see an not wussy harem lead again (To bad this kind don't gets animated very often. The last ones I can think of are Saito from ZnT, Nagasumi from SnH and Ikuto from Airantou).

To the harem I can't say much. The only female character getting much screentime was Junko.
She was quit nice. Normaly the overly aggressive girls tend to be a little anoying to me, but she was shown to be quit nice in the beginning and being some kind of japanese paladin, thinking she was fooled by a future demon king, makes her hostility a little understandable.
Let's see how long this hostility will last. Also she is Mio/Satan. xD

I agree with serenade, Toyosaki Aki's main characters always seem to be a little unintelligent. I know she had some quit good side character roles (For example I really liked her as Asmodeus in Umineko or Yumi in Kobato).
Well, let's see how Keena will develop.

Another pleasant surprise was the voice of the "best buddy character".
I don't know much of his roles but what I know from his roles as Jun in Special A and Remus in Guin Saga he had at least two characters that could turn from wussy to badass. xD

Hirohashi Ryou! My hope for Dlanor's voice is also voicing here. Great!

If they manage to keep it up like this, I will definitly keep watching this show.
Old 2010-04-03, 04:32   Link #69
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm so impressive with this episode..Voices and chars there so intersting ^^
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 05:12   Link #70
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The ED... is actually the OP? Either way, liked it too.
Eh? I thought this was Standard Op Procedure for first episodes of a series. This recently happened to Omamori Himari as well, you were there in that thread too, ja? makes one wonder what the ED'll be like.

By the way, I wonder if we'll continue to get those basic Black-screen White-font next ep previews. That'll kill my psychic prediction ability -20% (as if Omamori Himari made a difference in its similar previews style )

I know this probably wouldn't make sense to some, but it was a change to see a normal human sized granny (as opposed to the micro-chibi's more common to manga). I have the feeling this series will bring about a fresh change to some cliches of old.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 08:14   Link #71
Audit01

The plot seems promising, the animation-fighting scenes are decent, the pace is fast and with a bit of Ecchi...

Spoiler for Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou:

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^

Last edited by Audit01; 2010-04-03 at 08:26. Reason: Added spoiler tag
Audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:31   Link #72
LKK

Quickie question: What does the show's title translate to?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:37   Link #73
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, this was fast paced, but it was funny and the main lead is a laugh. Definitely going to be a show I'm going to follow if it keeps up like this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 10:54   Link #74
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'd give you a fragmented one, but I haven't seen any translators like myself translate this title at all, and probably for good reason, so I'm keeping mum till a novel reader can give some insight as to why this title has never been translated to english.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:16   Link #75
Audit01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Use Japanese letters instead of latin...

- In Japanese alphabet: いちばんうしろの大魔王 (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaō)
- Ιn English: Most large devil of rear

Source Yahoo babel fish translator

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^

Last edited by Audit01; 2010-04-03 at 11:29.
Audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:33   Link #76
AlaAlba

more likely it's; "the endmost Great Demon Lord"

he sits on the endmost chair in the class, no?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:48   Link #77
Who

I was surprised. Didn't expect much seeing as how there was no information about it except one or two sentences on wikipedia. Quick question though:

Spoiler for Main character/Someone who's read novels:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:50   Link #78
Midonin
Last Engage

Aside from the robot, everyone appears to be, more or less, a human. It's more of a title than an actual demon. As far as I'm aware. In this case, it just means he has power and a desire to take over the world (Of course!).
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 12:41   Link #79
Iron Maw
Banned

That was pretty decent beginning. While the setup is nothing new there is quite bit potential thanks mostly to male lead being pretty sensible character (the only one in the cast really). I thought the pacing was far to fast in the middle and end of the show and the sudden transitions took away from atmosphere a bit. Music was pretty standard stuff for this type of show, nothing terrible, but nothing memorable either. Overall one of the better starting episodes of the new season.

At this point I don't really like Junko's character, she jump far too much to conclusions in very over the top matter that it's hard to take her seriously. The blonde haired guy is ok so far and I like that he was the only one to stand up for Akuto throughout craziness. Red haired girl didn't get much screentime, but judging what was shown she might be insane. I had no idea what she blabbing about and she randomly decides to protect the Akuto because of some weird fantasy?

For bit of speculation: anyone think Akuto might become the Demon Lord because of how the general public treats him due to divination rather than prophecy itself?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 12:51   Link #80
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I personally think that it's a test of his personal strength. If he wants to be as righteous as he claims, he has to overcome this.

To add to speculation, anyone see this as a huge ploy to create a bunch of self-fulfilling prophecies for people? You tell people that some magic thing with 100% accuracy will tell your future, it tells people approximately what they want to hear or something that they will become, they go out and pursue it with increased effort or pursue it thinking they have no choice, they reach the goal, you have a 100% success rate. Isn't that what Akuto was saying during that speech?

I'm interested to see how they manage the plot in this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen