AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 03:02   Link #41
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycen
Ep12 Screencaps and Summary

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2005/12/24/blood-12/

Overall an action packed episode... and the series lives up to its name!!-- lots of blood and gore in this episode.
However, the action gets hotter next week!! I believe this series is finally living up to its potential after all...

Merry Christmas to all!!
i really liked the pacing of ep 12 too. great ep

Spoiler:
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 09:27   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

ep12 is great! I wonder if
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:37   Link #43
kari-no-sugata

Spoiler for some comments on ep 12:

Sucks we have to wait another week for the next ep...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 23:22   Link #44
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Oh... My... God.
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-31, 01:24   Link #45
Shades
Kali Kompton Hoodlum

So it seems the movie is loosely related...do you think people should watch the movie before they see the series, or wait until the series is over before watching? Or it doesn't matter?

I'm watching the series but I haven't seen the movie. Wondering if I should watch it.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 08:30   Link #46
ShellyKukai

I loved episode 12 because it finaly gave us an idea of what the series is about.
Spoiler:

I think of possible you should watch the movie before the series. Things would make more sense.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 09:04   Link #47
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
Anyway, this was really the best episode yet. I actualy got a little scared.
Spoiler for indeed...:

While it was a very tense episode (and a good one, too), I must admit I got a bit angry at Saya's behaviour - until I saw the preview for the next episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-31, 09:16   Link #48
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

For Diva
Spoiler for speculation based on the manga and movie setting:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 09:44   Link #49
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
For Diva
Spoiler for speculation based on the manga and movie setting:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-31, 09:54   Link #50
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I'm really looking forward to Episode 13... the preview looked really promising.

And I was pretty annoyed with Saya in Episode 12, too... I like Saya, but I'm really looking forward to see a real fight ^_^
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 12:24   Link #51
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 13:46   Link #52
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades
So it seems the movie is loosely related...do you think people should watch the movie before they see the series, or wait until the series is over before watching? Or it doesn't matter?

I'm watching the series but I haven't seen the movie. Wondering if I should watch it.
If you wanna know what Saya was like before she thie series than watch the movie... or you can skip it till later.. I have a feeling that this series would reveal more things about her past soon..
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 21:24   Link #53
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Am so sick of saya refusing to fight...it was understandable the first 6 times but now it's just stupid...
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 22:15   Link #54
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Though I saw it a few years ago, I don't recall the movie explaining anything whatsoever. My impression of it at the time was that the animation was beautifully done and the concepts seemed cool, but I had little to no idea what was going on, why things were happening, and so forth.

Someone mentioned that the events of the movie occured 30 years prior to the TV series; I'd like to know where they heard that. I've asked about the relation between the TV series and the movie, and I've heard responses ranging from that it's a select part of the TV series to that it's something of a "parallel universe" (that is, same characters and general idea, but no relation to each other). In my mind, the two are essentially unrelated.

Of course, if you enjoy the TV series, I'd highly recommend watching the movie. Don't expect it to make anything clearer, though.
Old 2006-01-01, 07:46   Link #55
ShellyKukai

If you remember correctly, the movie ends just before the vietnam war.
So we don't get to see the blood bath, or Saya's insanity unfold. But we know the series picks up after the events in the film because characters like David and Karl keep on saying " 30 years ago blah blah blah Saya was crazy."
By the way David, Lewis and Saya were the only charactersfrom the series featured in the film.
While viewing the film isn't like a must or anything, I think seeing it would help you understand how miserable Saya was before her new life and why she may have gone insane.
Here is a character bio I found on the film website:

Saya, the film's mysterious, brooding protagonist, is played by the vivacious Youki Kodoh, who recently made her Hollywood debut in the feature film Snow Falling on Cedars.

A loner expelled from human society as well as the domain of beasts,paying heed to no one, beholden to no one - this beautiful nocturnal creature simply roams the darkness, bringing about a cruel destiny to all those who cross her path. Only undying legends will forever capture the tale of this accursed creature.

Some hints about Saya/Diva's? orgins taken from the film website but explained in more detail in the novel Blood the Last Vampire Night of the Beast:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-01, 18:07   Link #56
kari-no-sugata

I wouldn't necessarily assume that Blood+ directly follows on from Blood The Last Vampire. Using concepts yes, but not necessarily directly based. After all, the movie doesn't have Haji, Saya's current sword...

Anyway, I don't think the movie contains any necessarily information - the TV series doesn't assume any special knowledge that I can see.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:50   Link #57
hat_hair

They probably wrote it specifically so that anyone could watch the series without having seen the film, because to do otherwise would be, frankly, a stupid decision. However, anyone who has seen the film will get a bonus from having seen that.

Although there's a good chance, from what I can see, that the series and the film are indeed set in slightly different universes. This doesn't rule out the film as good background watching though.
hat_hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:17   Link #58
linton

question regarding subbed torrents

For those getting the subbed episodes, which versions are you watching?

Reason being, I'm about to start on this show, and have noticed the file size difference between the bakakozou subbed and the rest (230mb+ Vs 170mb+).

I like the bakakozou subs (from the promo+trailer I downloaded), and was just wondering if the size difference is due to a better video resolution?

Cheers, Linton
linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 08:05   Link #59
Fushigiai
nani

Send a message via MSN to Fushigiai
Smile All good

Well, I downloaded from bakakozou and the rest and I can´t see any quality difference. It´s all good

Suffering in my longing for the next episode. (and I just -loved- the killer babies=)

(btw, i know this doesn´t belong here but I´m really not that good with forums...I rather stink acctually So, if u know some good shonen ai pleas tell me. I´m starved for gay..erhm..love. ^, ^
Fushigiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 09:04   Link #60
Yuiichi
Retired.

I just finished watching episode 11 (a little behind, I know ) and I have a question that some of you might be able to answer.

David mentioned he heard about Diva in Joel's Journal. First of all, who is Joel? I don't remember if that was ever explained. Secondly, what is Diva? Some all powerful chiropitean?
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural