AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-26, 23:57   Link #21
Kensuke

Higurashi no Naku Koroni airs April 4th, 26:00 (April 5th, 02:00 am) on Kansai TV. Plus few days to one week for fansubs.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 14:59   Link #22
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
But other than that, it looks nice to me. The atmosphere of the sceneries seems good too.
I am in angst to see how they'll pull off "usoda!!"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 01:13   Link #23
Gitami

Ayu, specifically one opped mod in Ayu's channel, said they're going to sub this. Yay.
Gitami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 04:40   Link #24
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I am in angst to see how they'll pull off "usoda!!"
I'm in angst to see "nipa~☆", I'm pretty sure it'll do some pretty big damages, if not kill me outright.

....And well! The summary of Episode 1 was released! (Source)

It appears that it will run up to the point where our main character, Keiichi, learns of the strange deaths that's been associated with the village from a travelling cameraman that he met by chance.

Maybe it's time we started speaking in spoilers. ^^;

Oh yeah, the 07th Storming Party is having another popularity vote. I've been voting for Satoko and quietly sending my brain waves out to command others to do the same. The freaky thing is that it's working.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 10:09   Link #25
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I'm in angst to see "nipa~☆", I'm pretty sure it'll do some pretty big damages, if not kill me outright.

....And well! The summary of Episode 1 was released! (Source)

It appears that it will run up to the point where our main character, Keiichi, learns of the strange deaths that's been associated with the village from a travelling cameraman that he met by chance.

Maybe it's time we started speaking in spoilers. ^^;

Oh yeah, the 07th Storming Party is having another popularity vote. I've been voting for Satoko and quietly sending my brain waves out to command others to do the same. The freaky thing is that it's working.
Ooh. I love how they will be putting the episode numbers in red. Great feel.

For the popularity vote, I'm gonna keep on voting for Rika-chama and Shion. You can find my comments easily as I've written it in English!!

Wow, so they are going up to Kei-chan's initial contact with Tomitake in the first episode? I wonder if that means they are going to show each chapter separately then?

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-03-29 at 14:12.
Old 2006-03-30, 14:45   Link #26
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

By the way, I just realized this by looking at the pictures that Sushi-Y has posted.

Mion's necktie is green!!!!
I wonder why they made that change? Personally, I think the original red necktie looks better.

While I am at it, am I the only one who thinks Rena's school skirt is short? I sincerely doubt Japanese school uniforms had such a short skirt length back in 1983. I wonder why they changed this as well. In the original game, her skirt length was much more longer, in par with the time the story is supposed to take place.
Old 2006-03-30, 17:18   Link #27
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
While I am at it, am I the only one who thinks Rena's school skirt is short? I sincerely doubt Japanese school uniforms had such a short skirt length back in 1983. I wonder why they changed this as well. In the original game, her skirt length was much more longer, in par with the time the story is supposed to take place.
Seeing as how the story takes place in the early 80's, I'd say that even Rena's school skirt in the game would be considered to be a little bit on the short side. Mion's would probably be the norm for the time? Satoko and Rika's skirt length would probably all be in the "miniskirt" range back then. ^^;

I liked Mion's red tie better too, it helped balance out her green hair. The green tie just... makes it really stand out instead.
Old 2006-03-30, 17:22   Link #28
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Is this the point where your hopes and dreams are then slowly crushed to bits over a long period of time?
Old 2006-03-30, 18:04   Link #29
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Is this the point where your hopes and dreams are then slowly crushed to bits over a long period of time?
You mean like I was disappointed with JINKI:EXTEND and Shingetsutan Tsukihime? We shall see. At least the staff for Higurashi seems to know what they are doing. At least, that's the speculation that I have for watching them do Fate/stay night.
Old 2006-03-31, 17:17   Link #30
Freakman

Kj, in your opinion, are they going to animate only Onikakushi, or will they try to do it like they did with Fate/Stay Night.... でも祭りが一度しか起これないから無理があるかと。。。

Spoiler:

Bleh messed up japanese font orz
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:08   Link #31
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Kj, in your opinion, are they going to animate only Onikakushi, or will they try to do it like they did with Fate/Stay Night.... でも祭りが一度しか起これないから無理があるかと。。。

Spoiler:

Bleh messed up japanese font orz
I think it was confirmed that this was going to be a 2 kur, 26 episode series that spans from Onikakushi to Tsumihoroboshi. Although, it would be nice if it went to Minagoroshi so it answers everything. Judging that this first episode finishes where K-chan learns about the Hinamizawa Dam Project, I think they might do four episodes per each chapter. Either case, I'll look foward to see how this story progresses.
Old 2006-03-31, 21:47   Link #32
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I think it was confirmed that this was going to be a 2 kur, 26 episode series that spans from Onikakushi to Tsumihoroboshi.
I suppose we can rule out a single coherent story then... But why up to Tsumihoroboshi? Just because that's as far as the game went when the anime was being made? It feels kind of weird to have contents from 4 question chapters, but only the answer chapters for 2 of them... I wish they would add Minagoroshi too, since that's where all the most important answers are...
Quote:
K-chan
Nono, it's either Kei-chan or "K". "K-chan" sort of feels like a mixup between his "cool-mode" self and "kaaii Keiichi-kun omochikaeri~~~☆" self instead... I think.

As for the first episode going all the way up to Keiichi's meeting with Tomitake... A good cut-off point, don't you think? If we go any slower, episode one would end up pretty pointless. ^^;

But 4 episodes per chapter...? That sounds impossible no matter how you think about it... Although we call them "chapters", we all know that these are really entire "scenarios" that are independent from each other, so if they really do the 4 episode per chapter thing, I can't imagine anything except a "collection of short stories, each extremely rushed" for this anime.

That's actually my biggest concern. Instead of trying to squeeze such a huge story into only 26 episodes, I would rather have them pick ONE scenario to concentrate on (Onikakushi, Watanagashi, or Tatarigoroshi), and then somehow work the "answer" (Meakashi, Tsumihoroboshi, Minagoroshi) in using the second half of episodes.

Well, we'll see, I guess.
Old 2006-04-01, 22:40   Link #33
JarOfMayo

Only a few days away and I'm soooo excited...lol... the art looks fine, very cute.

No time to play the game with classes and all, though I just got the rest of the chapters a bit ago

I kinda think they may give this a sort of chapter-ish feel, since it seems each chapter is a sort of cycled repeating playing out differently each time.

Not doing it like this might give a different impression of the original piece perhaps. Cause in one way we are viewing from Kei-chan's view primarily, but with multiple playouts, it is more useful to be.... uhh more third-person? So such stops-repeats-replays seem not to be aestheticly bad, but increase the mystery behind what happens more and more?

I wonder if thats understandable lol. Indeed I think ending with encountering Jirou and what Jirou first speaks of to Kei-chan makes for a suspenseful cliff-hanging episode 1.... no? lol
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:55   Link #34
Kyousuke

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Excuse me.

Last edited by Kyousuke; 2006-04-10 at 12:46.
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 16:10   Link #35
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Thread already exists here
Old 2006-04-05, 22:32   Link #36
choia

I've a question about the original doujin sound novels. Namely, what exactly does that mean? A visual novel with voices? Or just nice music? Or an audio CD?
choia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 00:49   Link #37
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
I've a question about the original doujin sound novels. Namely, what exactly does that mean? A visual novel with voices? Or just nice music? Or an audio CD?
"Visual novel" is a pretty loose term to begin with, so it depends on your own interpretation.

Sound novel is actually quite similiar to visual novels: they both feature novel texts displayed on screen along with character and background visuals as well as effects, accompanied with background musics and sound effects. The term "visual novel" is born out of "sound novel" (and the term "sound novel" itself dates back to 1994's "Kamaitachi no Yoru" back in the super famicom days), and is mainly used to describe games that places a heavy emphasis on the graphical features of the game (Event CGs, high quality artworks, etc.). Many current novel-style ADV games can be classified as a visual novel.

Higurashi no Naku Koroni, on the other hand, doesn't feature all the fancy graphical bells and whistles of a visual novel, so Ryukishi07-san refers to it as a sound novel himself. Also, there are no selection points within the story at all, so it's not an ADV either.

Oh, but Higurashi does have some really nice musics though.
Old 2006-04-06, 15:04   Link #38
Freakman

I'm fearing they're rushing things like ... a lot
According to the official website, ep 2 will be :
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-06, 18:07   Link #39
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
I'm fearing they're rushing things like ... a lot
According to the official website, ep 2 will be :
Spoiler:
It makes sense if you think about it though. Remember, we have to cover Onikakushi all the way up to Tsumihoroboshi in only 26 episodes, it wouldn't be strange to see a fast development.

But the comment from MOON PHASE is correct too, as long as we have established the "happy daily life" once, there's no need to go over the normal daily stuff in detail again. Things that repeat throughout the chapters only has to be shown once in the anime. So if you think about it that way, 26 episodes actually leaves a lot of room for chapter-specific events from each scenario.
Old 2006-04-07, 01:47   Link #40
Freakman

Then are they keeping Satoko's traps for Tatarigoroshi ?