AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-30, 06:00   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 494 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
The chapters already been released. Also, it seems the new Bleach novel (Spirits are forever with you) has been released as well. So I guess we can look forward to discussing that as well as more translations are made. Enjoy!
Old 2012-05-30, 06:05   Link #2
Gundamx

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-30, 06:07   Link #3
Aqua Knight

One shotted him I'd say...
Old 2012-05-30, 06:12   Link #4
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hehe...owned!
Let the Death Note jokes begin!
Old 2012-05-30, 07:00   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What are you talking about, people? Kira only got a new hole ripped in him, people have survived worse.
Old 2012-05-30, 07:07   Link #6
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2012-05-30, 07:50   Link #7
kiak666

The Sternritters fully revealed at last, though only the blonde (possibly the leader as well as the strongest of the bunch), the girl with heart shaped belt (1st female Quincy I saw in the series), Mohawk and the one with mask (male or female?) caught my attention design wise.

Lots of random new characters introduced, only to be offed to make the Sternritters looked good.

And looks like we will be shifting back to Hueco Mundo next chapter, I hope Kubo will conclude the battle with Kirge so we can shift back to SS....
Old 2012-05-30, 08:12   Link #8
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I'll believe it when I see it. Looks the same as Matsumoto's wound from Allon and she bounced back no problemo.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:29   Link #9
Valky
Radioactive

1000 Dead in seven minutes, huh. Meh, they're all fodder anyway. I just hope Kubo didn't pull a stunt like what Nagato did in Naruto.

That quincy girl kinda cute, I always like girls in uniform. lol.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:36   Link #10
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for spoilers:
ok the heart belt buckle was a bit much but I f**king love the way kubo drew her eyes! She has such nice eyes! i want to steal the eye design and use it on an oc!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-05-30, 08:41   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kira killed? We probably won't actually know for sure until about 100 chapters later... XP
Old 2012-05-30, 08:41   Link #12
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
1000 deaths in 7 minutes sounds pretty bad, but remember this is Bleach, normal shinigami are weak as hell compared to almost everything in Bleach, they get killed by normal hollows for christs sake. The only ones in SS that can put up any decent fights are the captains and in some cases the vice captains (bye bye Kira lol), so until we start seeing captains fall, I don't really think SS is any real danger.

In danger of sounding too cynical however, I must say that I actually enjoyed this chapter more than I have the previous ones. Shitt…. actually…. happens… for once!

I predict however, that the villains will retreat after doing some damage and killing of some semi-important characters, as we need time to familiarize ourselves with them and actually get a taste of what they're capable of (at this point, they should be able to fight on par with the captains at least) before the main showdown between them and the captains takes place (because let's be honest, that's what's gonna happen). If they just suddenly start fighting the captains and we get random fights, I think some of us may find it hard to get involved in them.

And also, it would be awesome if the villains didn’t feel the need to explain in depth how their power works before every single fight, it always bothers the heck out of me how they always do that, giving the shinigami the advantage of knowing their abilities. I’ve always been a fan of seeing the good guys silently analyzing their opponents as they fight.

MY SUPER QUINCY POWER ALLOWS ME TO KILL ANYONE WHO'S NOT STANDING ON ONE FOOT, YEAAH, HOW YOU'RE GONNA DEAL WITH THAT SHINIGAMI???"
Old 2012-05-30, 08:58   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
ok the heart belt buckle was a bit much but I f**king love the way kubo drew her eyes! She has such nice eyes! i want to steal the eye design and use it on an oc!
Yeah she's cute but I bet she&ll be into the certain quincey we know.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:18   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

damn, Kira didn't get to do shit
Old 2012-05-30, 09:19   Link #15
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
And also, it would be awesome if the villains didn’t feel the need to explain in depth how their power works before every single fight, it always bothers the heck out of me how they always do that, giving the shinigami the advantage of knowing their abilities. I’ve always been a fan of seeing the good guys silently analyzing their opponents as they fight.
That reminds me when Ukitake fought Stark. The Espada saw his Shikai, asked what it did and Ukitake was like "lolno...find out by yourself" it was one of the few moments in Bleach that I went "Thank you! Someone with a brain!"

Hmmm 1000 dead in 7 minutes? That's a Sunday afternoon walk for Kenpachi...

Really now, as was said already, 1000 dead isn't that high a number when you look at the difference between even Vice-Captains and regular shinigami. Granted, taking out Kira was impressive but the rest...
Look at Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou, even a lazy one is quite large, if that thing hit a cluster of shinigami it could easily kill 50 or more. There's 6 or seven of these guys so...meh, I'll be impressed when they beat the non-fodder captains.
Yes, because captains like Komamura and Soi Fong are, to me, fodder-captains, meant the give...meh performances and possibly/nearly lose. If they beat any of the Vizards, Byakuya or the likes I'll be impressed. If they beat Shunsui 1 on 1 then I'll really be impressed.

Also...thank you Kubo, for making another villain that looks like 10 others characters in the series.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:19   Link #16
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Also, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually a little bit interested in hearing Ishida's thoughts on this whole thing.

I mean, me putting the words Ishida and interesting in the same sentence is pretty wierd in itself, but hey... dude's a quincy.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:37   Link #17
james0246

^Agreed. I can't wait to see Ishida's response to this situation. Additionally, I can't wait to see the surviving Shinigami's reaction to Ishida. There is potential for lots of fun drama in upcoming chapters.

That being said, here's hoping everyone stays dead in this upcoming war. Can't wait to see Old Head Guy die.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:00   Link #18
itachi-san314

there's no way kira is dead from a mere flesh wound like a giant hole through his body. would be kinda nice if someone aimed for the head for once. it'd be pretty shocking to see a named shinigami actually look like they were killed in battle for once.

q1: 'sorry the orders were to kill you all'
q2: 'so we'll give you all severe wounds that look painful but won't kill you'

its funny how sasakibe was instantly replaced with a similar shinigami as if his character was so important we needed a filler role right away...
Old 2012-05-30, 10:04   Link #19
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well actually, now that I think about it Kubo has no real reason to keep characters alive any more. This is the final arc. He doesn't even need to try and make things ambiguous so it doesn't contradict anything he writes later on...
Old 2012-05-30, 10:11   Link #20
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well actually, now that I think about it Kubo has no real reason to keep characters alive any more. This is the final arc. He doesn't even need to try and make things ambiguous so it doesn't contradict anything he writes later on...
but it can contradict what happened in the past arcs.

i.e. a VC shinigami dying from something a VC shinigami survived in the past. but kubo may be trying to forget the past at this point
Closed Thread