AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 29.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-15, 08:54   Link #41
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

All this talk of shafting Ami....oh my!

And is anyone else getting a Galadriel-vibe off Taiga at the end? "All will vote for me and despair!" Man, it's gotta suck to be in that school right now.
Old 2009-01-15, 10:17   Link #42
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

TAIGA FOR PRESIDENT! 'Nuff said.

Man, the episode breezed through 4 chapters of volume 6 like it was nothing. I haven't even finished reading the book.

Kitamura has been "Sunohara-fied", if there was ever such a word.

Though I would prefer that his blond hair stood up as seen in the novel illustration, rather than just simply dyed blonde. With his hair merely blonde, he's still the "normal" Kitamura to me, but with his hair standing up, he does give that rebellious delinquent feel that he's trying to give.

But yet most of the important bits were still there, but they seem shortened a lot. Like Ami trying to provoke a reaction from Sumire; Ryuji and Minori's exchange of feelings; Taiga various hilarious reaction when Kitamura is in the house.

At first I was aghast in horror when they took out that warm scene with Ryuji putting his scarf on Taiga, but was relieved and even impressed that they moved it to after discovering Kitamura was crying.

I can see where Taiga and Ryuji are going from by running for SC president. They're purposely trying to be the menacing "bad guys" so as to have Kitamura re-emerge as the saviour that will save the school from a disastrous Reign of Terror by the Palmtop Tiger. Reverse psychology, to put it simply.
Old 2009-01-15, 11:13   Link #43
typhonsentra

Subs are out on AnimeSeason for those interested. Less than 24 hours, that's pretty crazy.
Old 2009-01-15, 11:19   Link #44
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Subs are out on AnimeSeason for those interested. Less than 24 hours, that's pretty crazy.
You forgot Coalguys.

I've been getting their subs, since qq/gg/jj whatever doesn't seem to show any movement, and Coalguys seem to be the only coal people around.
Old 2009-01-15, 11:23   Link #45
typhonsentra

You're right, I just checked their site. The one on AnimeSeason is probably their translation.
Old 2009-01-15, 11:40   Link #46
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I can see where Taiga and Ryuji are going from by running for SC president. They're purposely trying to be the menacing "bad guys" so as to have Kitamura re-emerge as the saviour that will save the school from a disastrous Reign of Terror by the Palmtop Tiger. Reverse psychology, to put it simply.
Hell, look at next week's preview. They're wearing Dracula cloaks They'd better throw in a few mwahaha's, or I'll be very displeased.
Old 2009-01-15, 12:17   Link #47
Caster13
=^_^=

I'm glad that Kitamura is finally getting a decent amount of attention. Even more so that it's in a so benign, almost cliché way as Ami points out quite a few times. It just shows how human he is. We might have all kept some distance from him for the past fourteen episodes compared to the other characters, but something like this can make him all the more relateable.

Whatever happened to Kitamura, he doesn't like it. Something's changed for the worse and when one can't stand it, one might subconsciously go for broke and try to change everything possible. Intentionally or not, in Kitamura's case, this'll include how other people treat and react to him and that's playing right into his hand.

And so he shacks up with Ryuuji and Taiga, two people close to him who haven't drastically reacted to him and his changes. But since the two naturally are worried about him, they're not just going to do nothing at all. Question is whether the things they've learned in the past will be of any help.
Old 2009-01-15, 13:16   Link #48
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Few goods moments.
Some Kitamura's developpement

Not a bad episode, it's too soon for this ark to expect greats moments.

We will see.
Old 2009-01-15, 14:21   Link #49
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Ya-chan pwnd teh episode

or was it dictator taiga?

But noooo, more Ami´d be thx

or a Season 2 announcement Xd
Old 2009-01-15, 14:25   Link #50
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
It's more to do with shafting one of the best scenes in the entire vol.6, i think. I'm not a big fan of Ami myself, and I quite enjoy the pace of toradora so far, but excluding THAT scene is beyond my understanding.
It's not shafting.....

Spoiler for novel spoiler:
Old 2009-01-15, 15:23   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh man did Kitamura lose his head...this has got to be one of the quickest breakdowns to a character recently seen
He completely screwed himself up and just because the student president asked you out...oh gosh he still is a kid afterall
Of course it would be more complex than this but until we get there...

Ryuji's mom <333

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-01-15, 15:44   Link #52
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Nice story man.
So I'm a troll for pointing out how people seem to be thinking?

Your logic is INFALLIBLE, seriously.

If I were a "troll" I would be trying to make other people angry. I was merely expressing how I feel about people's negative comments. In my usual blunt manner.

Just because there is little Ami in this episode does not make it bad. Just because Kitamura is acting in a stupid manner does not make it bad.

I'd have expected some better arguments than this.
Old 2009-01-15, 15:50   Link #53
typhonsentra

Houkoholic, if it wouldn't make sense for them to show the scene because it doesn't work with what she later says is her reason for staying then doesn't that kinda say she was lying/being dishonest during the later conversation?
Old 2009-01-15, 16:18   Link #54
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly, I thought knowing a bit more about Kitamura would be good. Now he annoys me even more. His childish mentality is just horrible. I know no other way to describe it, nor do i wish to waste time elaborating on it. I don't think I'll like parts of his arc, since I don't like him as its focal char.

One thing it awakens me to; Kitamura was very much acting like Minorin. He had that high-spirited, easygoing, cheerful personality. I can see why they get along so well. Seeing him get so self-destructive has me worried about if something were to happen to Minorin. Maybe that's why she was so worried about him. Not having someone to confide in, someone to understand you; its synonymous with her situation.

It feels like Minorin is continuing to talk about herself more to Ryuuji. She must really hoping that Ryuuji starts to understand the 'real' her. It was very nice, though Ryuuji's face looked so half-hearted when he called her kind and when she yelled at him. Usually his face would lighten up or smile, retract back, something. Not that it really matters compared to the tones in the conversation itself, I just found it kinda weird.

Ya-chan looked pretty scary when her sleep is disturbed. I can almost visualize how Ryuuji's dad could be attracted(or maybe feared ) that. And Ryuuji's 'deliquent' look at the end was excellent.
Old 2009-01-15, 16:25   Link #55
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Honestly, I thought knowing a bit more about Kitamura would be good. Now he annoys me even more. His childish mentality is just horrible.
This might just be exactly the point.
Old 2009-01-15, 16:34   Link #56
Fran~
floating away...

it's not like i'm angry or anything, but it's really complicated to me to rate this... in one hand i have the "novel experience" in that way i'd give it a 4 or a 5, but for someone who didn't read novels, this episode is a 9 minimun.

really guys, it's kinda complicated read this thread, some people who only see the anime is trying to skip this because of the unavoidable spoilers we all leave here and there.
Old 2009-01-15, 17:43   Link #57
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

OMG , just watch this episode !

The more , it show kitamura , the more i hate him ! Piss me off !
Just because , he got rejected , he acting like a kido , a bastard , a crying baby !!!
WTF ! and he make Taiga more suffered and worried ! He already know Taiga love him but he don't mind at all playing around her feelings ! Kick him with his blond hair who make him more worse !
Well , Taiga love him more and more and "final salvation" but don't realize yet Ryuji is more carrying and more gentle !
Wow , Ryuji was mean too , when Kushieda talking about Ami , he acting like he don't care !
Ryuji should focused more on Kushieda instead to keep on Taiga x Kitamura !(he should get more interested on Ami too )
There are still kiddo excepted Ami , so need more developpement !
And , don't wake up Ryuji's mom or you'll be kicked out !^^
Old 2009-01-15, 18:38   Link #58
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Here is my take on the episode. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 2009-01-15, 18:44   Link #59
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
And , don't wake up Ryuji's mom or you'll be kicked out !^^
and get money in return
Old 2009-01-15, 19:03   Link #60
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Taiga acting girly made me dislike her even more... The guy who does everything for her gets no respect, but for Kitamura she even fucking cooks... The only reason people like Taiga is because she's got the whole loli thing going for her, if she was fat and ugly nobody would care.

And I actually like Kitamura, if only for the fact that he is going to make her cry when he rejects her again sometime in the future.

Quote:
WTF ! and he make Taiga more suffered and worried ! He already know Taiga love him but he don't mind at all playing around her feelings ! Kick him with his blond hair who make him more worse !
Didn't she promptly tell him to fuck off when he confessed to her? At least he was a lot classier when he reject her... He already said that he is no longer interested, it's her fault for not moving on...

Last edited by aliasxn; 2009-01-15 at 20:21.
Closed Thread