AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-17, 19:36   Link #21
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
no and no
GSG manga is a different telling of the same story
in essence, the "manga version"
Based on the first volume, it seems to be the same events as the anime, just in a different order.
Old 2004-08-18, 01:36   Link #22
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Based on the first volume, it seems to be the same events as the anime, just in a different order.
there are other minor differences as well
for instance, if i remember correctly some of the manga's descriptions of things were a bit more...explicit (i think i remember Henrietta's accident being described in greater detail in the manga)
Old 2004-08-18, 02:29   Link #23
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I also remember the manga describing the girls in more depth as well, but I could be mistaken as I haven't seen it since my friend showed me an original print :P
Old 2004-08-18, 02:45   Link #24
hacks21

angelica died in the manga? and did the manga continue after that (if its inside the manga)
Old 2004-09-07, 09:12   Link #25
Beyond Panda
Slug guy

Oh man I only found Vol 1 in a local anime store here in canada.

i need volume 2 and 3!
!
Old 2004-09-07, 11:29   Link #26
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Panda
Oh man I only found Vol 1 in a local anime store here in canada.

i need volume 2 and 3!
!
I'm also on book 1 and its been ages, I bought it at the same time as full metal panic 1 and steel angel kurumi 1 came out and there both on 5 now ( 6 even).

What the fuck is ADV doing. Dont tell they stoped releasing it because is not that popular as the other two, god I hope not.
Old 2004-11-21, 17:48   Link #27
mcovey

gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Last edited by mcovey; 2011-12-27 at 13:02.
Old 2004-11-22, 12:16   Link #28
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

You know volume four is out in japan right?
Old 2004-11-22, 16:47   Link #29
mcovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
You know volume four is out in japan right?
I know but as far as I know there is no english version of anything past volume one. I can't read Japanese.
Old 2004-11-22, 17:10   Link #30
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Not much stuffs has happened to our girls so you guys don't have to worry.

Except that :-

Spoiler for Henrietta's fans:

Spoiler for Rico's fans:

Spoiler for Triela's fans:

Spoiler for Claes's fans:

Spoiler for Angelica's fans:

Spoiler for Supervisors & Terrorist:

And according to Amazon. ADV will release GSG Vol.2 next spring, around March 2005.
Old 2004-11-23, 03:18   Link #31
USCPharmacist

did elsa come back from the grave? j/k

Gunslinger girl is kindda old but it's still my fave, next to Elfen lied and FMP fumoffu. I wonder if the vectors can cut thru pure carbon fiber....might make an interesting crazy cross over comic!!! except of course Japanese are not interested in cheap american sale boosting tactic for their dying superheros series eheheh
Old 2004-11-23, 06:10   Link #32
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
did elsa come back from the grave? j/k
Nope,but there's a new girl in town,Beatric.The group's a sextant now.

Quote:
Gunslinger girl is kindda old but it's still my fave, next to Elfen lied and FMP fumoffu. I wonder if the vectors can cut thru pure carbon fiber....might make an interesting crazy cross over comic!!! except of course Japanese are not interested in cheap american sale boosting tactic for their dying superheros series eheheh
That will not work.GSG is based reality based. Not much of Sci-Fi stuffs in there.
Old 2004-11-23, 12:09   Link #33
USCPharmacist

actually that was a joke on the cross over part. I am just making fun of all those cross over in American comic to boost sales.

The comic industries in America must be kindda piss that comic books remain in the nitch market whereas mangas are getting mainstream. Although the rise in american acceptance to manga also coincide with the falling of the Japanese animation industries. Sad isn't it.
Old 2004-11-28, 14:17   Link #34
mcovey

ggggggggggggggggg

Last edited by mcovey; 2011-12-27 at 13:01.
Old 2004-11-29, 20:08   Link #35
TronDD
Team the box!

Finally. Hopefully it won't be one volume a year.
Old 2005-12-27, 02:26   Link #36
Catafriggm

I have a couple of questions about the manga.

1. Is the manga still going? I saw there are 6 volumes out in Japan, but that doesn't tell me if the series is still being written (and I can't read Japanese...).
2. Does the manga contain a significant amount of material not in the anime, especially in volumes 4-6?
Old 2005-12-27, 02:41   Link #37
dfens

Catafriggm to answer your questions.

1) Yes currently the series is still ongoing in Japan. Volume 6 just came out about a week ago. It's serialized monthly meaning so many pages are printed in a giant phone book like comic with other different manga series. After so many pages come out they put them in tankoubons aka manga form of about 200 pages plus. And that is your volume format.

2) The anime and manga are pretty much dead on with each other but the manga keeps going with lots more action and story. Plus a few new characters etc. Basically Angelica is still alive and kicking that's why I believe she never died in the anime. The anime barely covers the first 2 volumes maybe half way at most into volume 3. So if they wanted to they have enough reference material to animate another season.

I already have volumes 1-5, while I'm waiting for volume for number 6 to arrive from Japan hopefully sometime this week.
Old 2005-12-27, 03:02   Link #38
Catafriggm

Aha. Thanks for the info. I did like the anime, and I was wondering if there was any additional material in the manga. That just leaves the question of whether ADV will ever get around to translating the rest of it after volume 3 (considering their manga web site hasn't been updated in a year and a half, it makes me worry about the state of the company... ).

And while I'm mentioning my own desires, I REALLY wish somebody would license the Elfen Lied manga (as fan groups are doing an underwhelming job of translating it, as well as that I'd also like hard-copies of it).
Old 2005-12-27, 04:09   Link #39
dfens

Yeah I got fed up with ADV and their licensing of a manga series and never releasing them in a timely fashion or the rest of the volumes when they been out in Japan for like a year plus. So since I can read enough japanese I decided I can't wait so I ordered the whole series raw 1-5 even though I bought 1-3 by ADV. I mean volumes 1 to 2 took 1 and half years in the states.

Ridiculous I'll never buy manga from them ever again they are a joke I hope their manga division goes under. Even their translations are going down hill, plus all the errors that get through did you ever preview Yotsuba.

I was waiting for number 6 to come out and came across the release date in time to pre-order it. Man I love this series it really heats up in volume 4 onward and the art work keeps getting better and better.
Old 2005-12-27, 14:13   Link #40
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Actually Dfens I think their manga division did go under. That's why it's taking so long.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, gunslinger girl, seinen