AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 15:31   Link #241
winteragain

Regarding Juubi

Is the Juubi fight going to become a power rangers duel? Kind of like different beast or mythical dinos combining into a super monster pretty much power rangers right?

Juubi 1 (incomplete madara version) versus Juubi 2 ( Naruto - 9 tails + Bee - 8 tails + the little given to naruto by all the other tails.)

While alliance stand to side watching? or giving minimal support like Gozilla stuff when army forces shoot massive amounts of ammo with little effect.
winteragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 19:58   Link #242
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by winteragain View Post
Is the Juubi fight going to become a power rangers duel? Kind of like different beast or mythical dinos combining into a super monster pretty much power rangers right?

Juubi 1 (incomplete madara version) versus Juubi 2 ( Naruto - 9 tails + Bee - 8 tails + the little given to naruto by all the other tails.)

While alliance stand to side watching? or giving minimal support like Gozilla stuff when army forces shoot massive amounts of ammo with little effect.
Oh god, as sad as it is, that's entirely believable. I can see Naruto somehow becoming the 10-tails.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:09   Link #243
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sakura still doing her job though. I still don't see the problem.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 00:28   Link #244
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The problem is (for them it seems) lack of fanservice. Currently, Sakura isn't in any high-level fights showing off new techniques making it obvious that she has or will surpass her teacher, and she doesn't seem to be going to end up in some teenage love-affair with Naruto. For whatever reason, some fans are desperate for her to end up in a relationship with Naruto, and finally give up on her feelings for Sasuke. Also, I guess for some people "healing" equates to "uselessness" : /

Its interesting how Karen was not regarded well early on, but now but when she seemed to have a bit of a crush on Naruto, many readers began to like her character. For an action-adventure manga about ninjas with powers, there sure does seem to be a significant amount of energy put towards the implied love-relationships in this manga; early teen-aged ones at that...
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 11:41   Link #245
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
me neither...tho i imagine sakura can't get a major upgrade as long as tsunade is alive. i can see sakura being pretty useful after contracting with that boss slug...where are the summons in the war anyway?
Old 2013-01-07, 11:51   Link #246
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I understand it's not what some people like to se her do. But I, at least, think she's doing her job well. She keeps her comrades alive, and also keeps herself alive so she can keep on keeping her comrades alive. A medical ninja's first and foremost priority. If anything, it's Tsunade who breaks the mold of a medical ninja more often than not.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 12:02   Link #247
james0246

Sakura will not be wasted on the pointless Tobi battle (like Hinata was). She'll show up for the more relevant Sasuke confrontation.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 13:49   Link #248
itachi-san314

yea i have to think that shes made the slug contract already and kishi is waiting to reveal all the new slug summons techs and other techs she may now have for the sasuke/orochimaru confrontation. that said, people are complaining because she's only a medical ninja when she was one of the main characters when the story began. the sannin all fought and improved to high levels, but sakura (even though she may be there) doesnt showcase it and it's boring. its true that shes not supposed to fight as a medical ninja, but that doesnt mean it cant happen and she cant be forced into it. it would be interesting as opposed to the milktoast character she is right now
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:06   Link #249
james0246

I would love of Sakura had to fight and defeat Orichimaru while Naruto took on Sasuke (or even vice versa). Just something to show how awesome Sakura is [when Kishimoto isn't messing her up].
Old 2013-01-07, 15:03   Link #250
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I would love of Sakura had to fight and defeat Orichimaru while Naruto took on Sasuke (or even vice versa). Just something to show how awesome Sakura is [when Kishimoto isn't messing her up].
yea thats my hope as well. it would instantly showcase her as surpassing tsunade. her fighting and beating orochimaru would drastically improve her character when looking at the entire series. they actually are a good matchup because similar to sasori, orochimaru is basically a medical ninja too. sakura is best suited to fight ninja who use medical type techs. depending on what happens with kabuto, i could see her fighting him as well. either way, i doubt kishi has completely tossed her aside in the series to be a backup medic. much like kakashi, she will be relevant and fight on a high level again. she might even be a slug sage at some point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 15:20   Link #251
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea thats my hope as well. it would instantly showcase her as surpassing tsunade. her fighting and beating orochimaru would drastically improve her character when looking at the entire series. they actually are a good matchup because similar to sasori, orochimaru is basically a medical ninja too. sakura is best suited to fight ninja who use medical type techs. depending on what happens with kabuto, i could see her fighting him as well. either way, i doubt kishi has completely tossed her aside in the series to be a backup medic. much like kakashi, she will be relevant and fight on a high level again. she might even be a slug sage at some point
I don't know if I want her to be a Slug Sage (we are currently 1 for 3 on the whole attractiveness of senjutsu with Naruto not looking bad but Jiraiya and Kabuto looking fugly), but your observation concerning the potential fight is good. Ultimately I just want to see her do something to validate her existence once more as a Part I main character. I've accepted that she will never be a main character again (only Naruto really counts as a main character anymore), but I still want Kishimoto to give us one last showcase for proving her continued dramatic growth (she is arguably to character that has grown the most over the course of the series).
Old 2013-01-07, 15:38   Link #252
winteragain

Tsunade's death or close to death tree scene after saving the other Hokages may result in Kishi spinning subtheme 'entrust the new generation again' and have Sakura step up to the plate. Filling the Tsunade void and showcase her with an easily seeded in backstory of sage training. Who knows how Kishi will spin it.

Prediction on Tsunade's death and final snail message to Sakura should do the job.

Although, not displaying any of her snail sage skills the entire time and all of a sudden being awesome would be kinda of abrupt.

As for looks in sage mode did Tsunade ever use it? I mean was the tattoo all over the body her version of sage snail mode? Didn't look to0 awful if thats the case. Wonder where those tattoos go on Sakura!? heheh
winteragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 15:58   Link #253
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Sakura will not be wasted on the pointless Tobi battle (like Hinata was). She'll show up for the more relevant Sasuke confrontation.
Relevant Sasuke confrontation? You mean after Naruto saves the world tacked on Sasuke confrontation. The Obito/Madara/Jyuubi battle is the last thing of siginficace in the manga unless Kishi wants to make Sasuke final villain. After this we wrap up Sasuke's story and the Team 7 nonsense.

Sakura is already being wasted. Being around Sasuke, where her character usually comes off as worse than usual, is not going to change that. What do you expect her to do during that confrontation? Other than to cry and say she still believes in Sasuke. Or some terrible love confession.

There is no way she can outshine Hinata; who is a one note Satellite Character. Kishi has decided that Hinata is the heroine who throws herself in front of the main character. There is nothing Sakura can do to counter that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Oro will likely be gone by the time Sasuke meets Naruto again. At this point, does it look like Kishi is setting up growth fights?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 17:15   Link #254
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is there a chapter this week?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 17:28   Link #255
Midnight Commander

Quote:
I really hope not; I'd be very, very disappointed. Orochimaru's character really hasn't been done justice imho, so I think he at least deserves an epic death similar to Jiraiya; I'm sure Tsunade is about to have one. As great a villain he's been for this series, I think his character should be given a much better exit than being defeated by Sakura.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 17:28   Link #256
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Relevant Sasuke confrontation? You mean after Naruto saves the world tacked on Sasuke confrontation. The Obito/Madara/Jyuubi battle is the last thing of significance in the manga unless Kishi wants to make Sasuke final villain.
Saving Sasuke has been plot relevant for 500 some chapters (if not since their first team meeting way back in the 3rd or 4th chapter). Saving the world has been relevant for about 100 chapters (therebouts). Yes, Sasuke is far more relevant to the overall story and experience that is Naruto.

Quote:
Sakura is already being wasted. Being around Sasuke, where her character usually comes off as worse than usual, is not going to change that. What do you expect her to do during that confrontation? Other than to cry and say she still believes in Sasuke. Or some terrible love confession.
Kishimoto could decide to continue to ruin all Sakura's advancement by simply making her mimic Hinata (who has never done anything expect act as emotional support (for which she is amazing at)), or he could actually realize what a substantial character Sakura can be (as I said, she has grown more than almost any character in the series).

Quote:
There is no way she can outshine Hinata; who is a one note Satellite Character. Kishi has decided that Hinata is the heroine who throws herself in front of the main character. There is nothing Sakura can do to counter that.
Except win a fight, especially if it is against Sasuke (though there is some nice drama if she defeated Orochimaru, since, in many respects, he represents the beginning of Sasuke's defection)...

Quote:
Oro will likely be gone by the time Sasuke meets Naruto again. At this point, does it look like Kishi is setting up growth fights?
Isn't the Tobi/Madara fight just another "growth fight"? I'm pretty sure we are all just waiting for Naruto to sprout his optimistic mantra and either convert Tobi or gain the needed will power to defeat the Jyuubi. In the end, though, the fight is all about Naruto finding personal answers to important (unanswerable) questions. (The Sasuke fight will also follow a similar route.)
Old 2013-01-07, 17:55   Link #257
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Is there a chapter this week?
Some people have said its on break until 3rd of January so we may get a new chapter in a few days but it may take a while longer, its like predicting stock.

@james0246 Some people have said Sasuke lost plot importance but he's going on a scroll quest so he's been gone a while.

If Sasuke wasn't very important to the plot he may not have gotten this scroll quest to go on and he may have just waited for Naruto to finish fighting Madara and Obito.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:05   Link #258
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
I would love of Sakura had to fight and defeat Orichimaru
Wow, i can't believe that at least 3 of us thought of the same thing here, from just a few of us who are currently reading this thread. This will probably be a popular demand so Kishimoto will have to do this or something very similar I would even even vote for another lesser timeskip (half or one year) if it's necessary to level up Sakura and the others. Sakura having a top level genjutsu with inner-Sakura in it would be epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
If Sasuke wasn't very important to the plot he may not have gotten this scroll quest to go on and he may have just waited for Naruto to finish fighting Madara and Obito.
Let's not forget that Suigetsu even claims that they will be able to control the world if they succeed using the secret of Orochimaru. So they are now on a quest not only for knowledge but also for huge power, which makes sense if we go by shonen logic where each new adventure is on a higher power level and the current adventure sure is on a huge power level so the next one with Sasuke will have to be insane if this logic applies to it. For example Sasuke might use the sage of 6 paths as an Edo Tensei, or maybe find a way to bring back the 4 previous hokages from the death god and use them.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-01-07 at 19:17.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 21:30   Link #259
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I come back to finally catch up with Naruto after such a long time to see neji die on me. Dang it, he was my favorite character ):

I don't know whats up with Sakura, I mean she better do something, because I think its gonna be too late to win Naruto, I mean I know she has some feelings but shes been just pulling him along and Naruto finally sees that Hinata would do anything, and that she has grown so much because of him.

But Naruto's mom did say to marry someone like her, so NaruSaku might end up happening...

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 21:50   Link #260
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I really hope not; I'd be very, very disappointed. Orochimaru's character really hasn't been done justice imho, so I think he at least deserves an epic death similar to Jiraiya; I'm sure Tsunade is about to have one. As great a villain he's been for this series, I think his character should be given a much better exit than being defeated by Sakura.
To each their own. As long as it is a good fight I really do not care...within reason. If Chouji or Tenten were to kill someone like Orochimaru, then I would also scream foul, but Sakura (as an extension of the Legendary Sennin and the only one of the new Sennin not to have fought him already) could be a blast.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion