AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-05, 18:20   Link #12581
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Fully researched and purchased the T69 with all modules (the x5s have been VERY helpful in that regard), and purchased a Super Pershing, which I've found to be very workable in a platoon environment. Using now the latter to train the M4 Sherman crew I've had for transfer to the T69, though that might take a while as I'm waiting until everyone gets two skills/perks.

RIP my credits and gold though. OTL

Blah, barely broke even tonight, but some nice games among the stinkers:

2nd highest damage, with an AMX 13 90. In Himmelsdorf.

Erlenberg, we everyone somehow contributes in the team.

Komarin, or why Super Pershings hate climbing hills much.

Was actually 1/5 games at one point, and the Super's WR was something like 37%. I have to thank the later platoons that managed to save the day.

EDIT: Went on a minor tilt, ended on something like 52%. Mostly tier 9 games, which means I'm broke again. :<

Fjords on the Type 61, my scrub camo still evident.

An okay Swamps game on the Leo 1.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-07-06 at 14:23.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 14:13   Link #12582
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Once again, I bought the T-43. However this time took advantage of the crew retraining discount and put the IS-8 crew in it (which has 3 skills). Still need 15k xp to finish the grind to the T-44.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:39   Link #12583
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I remembered free xping past the T-43, T-44, and T-54.
Old 2014-07-06, 16:06   Link #12584
Gravitas Free Zone

You free-XPed ALL the things.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 16:17   Link #12585
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

just the ones i wanted in the end, i don't like waiting, and the grinding.
Old 2014-07-06, 16:40   Link #12586
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
just the ones i wanted in the end, i don't like waiting, and the grinding.
It's like you hate having fun

On a related note, I spent like 3 mil creds worth on equipments and I'm close to the red numbers again.
Old 2014-07-06, 16:49   Link #12587
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

No I did have fun, after I get what I freed xped for.

HEH... fun, its more like torture when grinding especially on those events where its 3x exp or 5x exp and matches suck.

I guess my type of fun is different from you guys, because I don't have fun when I'm little fish and I could be couple hits killed, I was more of the mid tiered or top tiered tank. And thats not including modules that I free xped too.

Well I will just leave it at that.
Old 2014-07-06, 18:04   Link #12588
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

But what could be more exciting than knowing that you are more fragile as a piece of glass, yet you manage to outskill the opponent in a somewhat inferior vehicle?

Then I think I'm the only one who enjoys the thrill of battle doing things in tanks that's not supposed to do normaly or even logically.
Old 2014-07-06, 18:21   Link #12589
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I try to avoid full-stock as much as possible. If I could do it, I'd set aside some free exp AFTER unlocking for the tracks and second engine at least, as it makes the grind somewhat easier. Guns are optional, unless its like a tank like the T29, where you HAVE to get the 90mm or else make a spectacle of yourself for the wrong reasons. XD
Old 2014-07-06, 20:01   Link #12590
Gravitas Free Zone

I had the pleasure to be shot at by a fully-stock AT7 once. I forget what I was driving, but it was not impressed.
Old 2014-07-06, 20:42   Link #12591
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

its like getting shot from a bunker... them brit tds before the death star.
Old 2014-07-06, 21:03   Link #12592
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I had the pleasure to be shot at by a fully-stock AT7 once. I forget what I was driving, but it was not impressed.
Given how the stock gun of the AT7 is a 10+-shot autoloader, I can't see how it would even dent you either.
Old 2014-07-07, 03:33   Link #12593
Pen3

It was kinda funny they though i picked the chi-ri just to spite them for our last game of the night.

Replay

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 12:07   Link #12594
Gravitas Free Zone

Legendary American SPG inaccuracy: I knew it going in, but I wanted to clear the M41 to M44 anyway, so I'm spending a week with the M41.

It's horrible. This is the only SPG line where I've had such incredible scenarios as missing two heavies that were parked nose-to-tail after fully-aiming right in the middle of them, and having pointblank TD mode shots hit the next hemisphere.
Old 2014-07-07, 13:39   Link #12595
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Legendary American SPG inaccuracy: I knew it going in, but I wanted to clear the M41 to M44 anyway, so I'm spending a week with the M41.

It's horrible. This is the only SPG line where I've had such incredible scenarios as missing two heavies that were parked nose-to-tail after fully-aiming right in the middle of them, and having pointblank TD mode shots hit the next hemisphere.
You haven't played the S-51/SU-14-2 then. I had the bad luck of missing a fully aimed shot that could have decided the whole game, just to discover the next moment that the shot went and landed 100 meters away from where it was supposed to land according to the reticle (I use the serverside reticle btw).
Old 2014-07-07, 15:44   Link #12596
Gravitas Free Zone

I did do the S-51, all the way through to unlock the tier 8 school bus. Sure, it was inaccurate, but it felt consistent. The M41 seems like it's hitting with the old pre-8.6 anywhere-in-the-circle accuracy, not concentrated around the middle.
Old 2014-07-09, 07:27   Link #12597
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I dont know how hard would it be if let`s say:

I free exp`d tanks from tier 1 to 10.

I don`t know what will happen if someone did that. My cousin(Silver-Throne) recalled that there`s a newb(who started playing December last year) who did that and by damn luck, a lot of players helped her and presently she has only tier 10 tank, the STB-1. Also she`s one unicum players.

I really wished someone will be willing to help me in my server. Sadly, the ping in NA is not something in my country can handle. Now if I only I can get my act together, things would be much different?
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 10:14   Link #12598
Gravitas Free Zone

Most of the time if there's a player with a few premium tanks played and only one high-tier regular tank played, they are a re-roll account that's stat padding. Someone could be naturally really good, but the low-tier learning curve for a complete newbie is incredibly harsh. Crutch platoons would also help the numbers.

I finished grinding the M41 SPG, so now I've at either unlocked or surpassed the Tier 6 SPGs for each nation (though the Soviet approach bypassed all the middle vehicles by going from the S-51 to the SU-14-2).

Bizarre highlights of yesterday included:
Getting two draws on El Halluf within a few hours of each other, both times from the east spawn, once in the M41 and then in the T-150; in both cases being the last one standing versus a tank and two SPGs. Also a nutty direct-fire game in Ruinberg where I forgot that I was in the M41 and drove halfway to the front line before I turned around, finishing with a chase versus the opposing M41 all around the middle of the map.

Other stuff: My single instance of rage-free-XPing a tank was to leap from the Panther II straight to the E-50M. The sale with the current On-Track gave me a chance to finally get an E-50 (that's practically already fully-researched from the tech tree jump). In the one game I've had with it so far I've already seen just how easy it is to finish something off by lightly tapping it with the front of the E-50.
Old 2014-07-09, 23:56   Link #12599
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm pretty close to rage free XPing past the Awful Panther although I really don't want to play a stock Indien.

I actually really enjoyed the VK 28.01 with the derp and expected that Awful would be OK due to it looking fairly similar on paper but in reality the extra matchmaking tier, huge size, and reduced camo ratio totally ruins it. The non derp gun is better but ends up being insanely expensive with the amount of premium to need to fire to do anything.

I'm actually considering giving up on the Leo1 and just buying back the VK 28.01 for the sheer pleasure of derping arty.
Old 2014-07-09, 23:58   Link #12600
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Sadly the Leo 1 pretty much requires REALLY skilled play, as it's lagging behind in the game's current meta. When people look at the E50M as the better performing tank (whereas before it was laughed at for being generally crummy), then you know that things are skewed to having BOTH hitpoints and armor.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks