AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 19:45   Link #61
Xacual

Since they're including side stories I'm expecting SAO's story to go past the first cour. I can't see it lasting more than 15 or 16 episodes max though. ALO's story is pretty fast paced though so I could see it taking only 8 or 9 episodes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:47   Link #62
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Since they're including side stories I'm expecting SAO's story to go past the first cour. I can't see it lasting more than 15 or 16 episodes max though. ALO's story is pretty fast paced though so I could see it taking only 8 or 9 episodes.
Yeah, I agree. I was thinking about this, and if they were to squeeze all of the SAO content into 12 episodes, it'd be a bit of disaster, as a good bit of content would have to get cut. ALO is more or less the same world, so the "intro" to the world, so to say, wouldn't have to be as in depth as the one for SAO was.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:00   Link #63
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Does that also include the "infamous" 16.5 chapter? ...First time I read that I was...whatever.
That was part of the authors blog. It was never officially released in his novels.

If you watch the ending towards episode one I'm pretty sure its the opening for the series. The last scene in the ending is the boss fight where kirito shows the whole sao community his unique skills. Thats probably how their going to end it. Even without the sao sidestories the first novel could already go 24 episodes.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:02   Link #64
Xacual

What no it couldn't. It could only go maybe 5 or 6. You're vastly overestimating the amount of material in the LN. Plus we have two cours and already announced VAs for characters that appear in volume 3 and 4, aka the ALO arc.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:06   Link #65
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
What no it couldn't. It could only go maybe 5 or 6. You're vastly overestimating the amount of material in the LN. Plus we have two cours and already announced VAs for characters that appear in volume 3 and 4, aka the ALO arc.
this, if you try to stretch vol. 1 of the novel to 24 episodes, you'd have so many fillers people would think they're watching Bleach :P
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:08   Link #66
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
this, if you try to stretch vol. 1 of the novel to 24 episodes, you'd have so many fillers people would think they're watching Bleach :P
I'm afraid that's impossible since that volume 2 can technically be considered the "filler" arc to volume 1 since it ties in to it. Turning the SAO story into Bleach fillers..."shudders" I don't want to picture that. But there's hope since they have so much material in a chronological sense to cover all of the Aincard arc with no worries.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:11   Link #67
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
That was part of the authors blog. It was never officially released in his novels.

If you watch the ending towards episode one I'm pretty sure its the opening for the series. The last scene in the ending is the boss fight where kirito shows the whole sao community his unique skills. Thats probably how their going to end it. Even without the sao sidestories the first novel could already go 24 episodes.
So? It's still canon ~

Yeah, the part at the ending is the OP, and it's awesome.

Edit: No, nevermind. I just got really confused.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-07-07 at 20:25.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:55   Link #68
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

i think going on to cover first day would mean that a murder case would have to be done as well and that i guess would seriously stress the "Aincrad Arc in one season" plan i see. also, i get the feeling that ep2 will cover the ENTIRE Aria arc..which isnt so bad actually. lets say 1 ep per side story including the first 2, the main story will take 6 eps, which is doable IMO
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:57   Link #69
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I'm afraid that's impossible since that volume 2 can technically be considered the "filler" arc to volume 1 since it ties in to it. Turning the SAO story into Bleach fillers..."shudders" I don't want to picture that. But there's hope since they have so much material in a chronological sense to cover all of the Aincard arc with no worries.
of course, but my statement was aimed at another poster who suggested that volume one of the novel could fill 24 episodes by itself.
Old 2012-07-07, 21:01   Link #70
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
of course, but my statement was aimed at another poster who suggested that volume one of the novel could fill 24 episodes by itself.
Sorry, I didn't know that comment was intended for someone else. My apologies.
Old 2012-07-07, 22:02   Link #71
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
I'm afraid that's impossible since that volume 2 can technically be considered the "filler" arc to volume 1 since it ties in to it.
Nah, if there's any filler in the Aincrad arc, it's that chapter in volume 1 where Kirito and the sysadmin go fishing. I'll never understand how that made it into the novel while Red Nosed Reindeer was relegated to a side story.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:07   Link #72
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Nah, if there's any filler in the Aincrad arc, it's that chapter in volume 1 where Kirito and the sysadmin go fishing. I'll never understand how that made it into the novel while Red Nosed Reindeer was relegated to a side story.
because RNR was not written when SAO vol.1 was?
Old 2012-07-07, 22:16   Link #73
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yep, you're right. And I think you mean the girl with blue hair (Sachi)?

That scene, and those that prelude are going to be quite heart wrenching. x:
"Heart wrenching"? Hahaha, have every body jump off to their death or just die for all i care. I never care about these lesser character anyway (exception is Kirito's cousin), I feel like the author made the MC feel in love too quickly, cincest ftw even though they are not biological cousin.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2012-07-07 at 22:27.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:20   Link #74
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
well maybe it's to make a relaxing scene first before going to another big battle...
Well I wouldn't really said that vol 2 was just a filler because another 3 chapters of it which includes Lizbet, Scilica and Yui's story was needed as they're reappearing in the next volume...
Maybe it's just that the author didn't really plan in making those story before...

Well, besides the infamous chapter 16.5 that everyone wanna see (me particularly didn't want it to be animated), I hope that they will just add the battle between Kirito and Asuna which was only shown in SAO material edition 1 and was just being said by Asuna in the novel....
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:27   Link #75
Arkard

Now that I think about it, I wish they had expanded on how it was explained in the LN that people on the outside are arranging for hospitals and such for the SAO players and that there's a short grace period for having no electricity or being disconnected from the system before the NerveGear zaps your brain.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:27   Link #76
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
"Heart wrenching"? Hahaha, have every body jump off to their death or just die for all i care. I never care about these lesser character anyway (exception is Kirito's cousin), I feel like the author made the MC feel in love too quickly, cincest ftw even though they are not biological cousin.
Eh, the only one that Kirito fell in love with is Asuna, there was neither the time nor the opportunity really for anything romantic to develop between Sachi and Kirito.

Also, you are one cold-hearted sob :P
Old 2012-07-07, 22:42   Link #77
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Eh, the only one that Kirito fell in love with is Asuna, there was neither the time nor the opportunity really for anything romantic to develop between Sachi and Kirito.

Also, you are one cold-hearted sob :P
If Asuna can just die(yeah I know what I am saying) but I am still rooting for Suguha Kirigaya and Kirito. Alfheim Online >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sword Art Online. I mean the COUSIN......
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:49   Link #78
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
If Asuna can just die(yeah I know what I am saying) but I am still rooting for Suguha Kirigaya and Kirito. Alfheim Online >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sword Art Online. I mean the COUSIN......
you'll be rooting for a long time then....

p.s. it's never going to happen
Old 2012-07-07, 22:56   Link #79
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
because RNR was not written when SAO vol.1 was?
Maybe not for the original web novel, but it existed when the physical book was published,didn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Now that I think about it, I wish they had expanded on how it was explained in the LN that people on the outside are arranging for hospitals and such for the SAO players and that there's a short grace period for having no electricity or being disconnected from the system before the NerveGear zaps your brain.
I'm sure they will eventually, but there's no room in the first episode. Though it does annoy me that one of the ANN reviewers cited that as a plot hole.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 23:02   Link #80
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
I do believe that example gets my point across, which again is that there is no inherent value in how early or late something happens in a story, which as far as I can see is what you're arguing for - that "xxxxx" is better because it happened earlier in the novel as you read it due to the way the novel is structured, which is something that a chronological adaptation change, even though it does not change when it actually took place in the story itself.
Except, there IS value in how early it happens. One of the first and foremost values being that it was unique timing that we only see 3% of the time (if even that), which made SAO stand out, instead of it using the same old recipe.

Quote:
In other words, what you're saying is that "xxxxx" is better simply because it's shown in episode 3 instead of 9.
If you're saying it like that, then you don't really understand my point, and didn't properly read or understand my novel thread post that I linked.