AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-12, 16:00   Link #21
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
TO ABIDE AND PROTECT MY WAY OF THE NINJAAAAAAAAA , LIFE GATE OPEEEEEENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Everyones hair getting blown back while they stare in disbelief.]

Everything about that scene was perfect. The look on gaara and Neji's face. The way gai sensei just smiled. Kakashi and his sharingan staring wide eyed at lee. Definitely one of the top 5 "moments" of the entire naruto series.
yes, I still get chills down my spine everytime I see the lee vs gaara episodes....
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 16:11   Link #22
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

So far none of the Jutsus have looked quote as hip as Lee after opening his gates IMO... And the fact that he trashed a restaraunt after getting drunk is just cute ...

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?

<3 Rock Lee . He's a good guy.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 16:25   Link #23
Uzumaki_kitsune
Ookamiyasha(wolf demon)

Location: in this magical land where you can do whatever you want as long as you dont care
now if he jus got a better hero to look like then gai "cough loser cough" like more bruce lee ish or that martial arts uniform he was wearing in that flashback where his hair and cloths were cooler than id like him alot more
Uzumaki_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 17:06   Link #24
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
humm... I tried to understand your post but for some reason I just can't.

For one, Lee doesn't bitch for being a failure. When he gets knocked down, he comes harder on the second try. Gets knocked down again, he comes faster on the third try. He just pushes himself too hard. The only thing he bitches about is.... well I don't really call it bitbhing but whatever. He only bitches about him not being able to do jutsus.
actually, the bitching i'm refering to is his outcry to be better than neji. When he failed to beat neji, he always complained and swore he would somebody win. It got really annoying, really fast. ^_^

Quote:
Nothing makes him so fucking great that makes him think he's better than everyone else. I don't ever recall seeing or hearing him say he is better than everyone else. I don't know how you got that vibe off of him.
He isn't trying to be EQUAL to neji, he is trying to be BETTER than neji. He thinks that he, more that anyone else, deserves to be the best. I could understand training because one loves to fight, but training because one loves to win is as stupid as gamer that uses cheap, repetitive strategies that make the game boring, but easy to win.

Quote:
About him crying like a stupid bitch, they only part where I've seen him cry is the flash backs. Of course he'll cry. He's just a kid. Kid cries all the time. Naruto cries as a kid, Sasuke cried as a kid, Sakura cried as a kid, even Gaara cried. SO why you bitching about him crying when he can't do something?
I hate children. ^_^

Quote:
*confused* umm.. I'm not gonna argue my point about lee's smile. He has every right to smile.
Not in my book. Smiling is reserved for times when one is happier than usual, a casual smile pisses me off.

Quote:
and about the humiliation part. He gave all he had against Gaara and he still lost.. isn't that enough?
hehe, yea, that was great, but his spirit wasn't crushed. Maybe if Orochimaru beat the crap out of him for a while, or maybe Itachi. Gaara is great, but a sociopath of that level can do little more than killing, not much humiliation in being beat by a psycho.

Quote:
Lee doesn't come off as a cocky character to me (unlike someone else *cough*sasuke*cough*) . The only thing he wants to prove is the be a great ninja without using jutsus. He also wants Neji to akwowlegde him. I don't see that as a problem because everyone wants someone to akwonlegde them in the anime.
Petty goals like that piss me off.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 17:47   Link #25
Seelenfang

Hiho

At first, Lee is one of my favourites beside Shikimaru.

He'd never say that he is better then Neji, he just want to prove that a ninja how can only use taijutsu can beat a ninja who can use all.
Beside that I think he is pissed of, what Neji said: A looser is a looser and your path is predicted, bla bla bla.

Okay, when u hate children, I do so too, u should hate Sasuke and Gaara the same,... Oh my God, he killed my family and the whole town, what should I do...cryin'.

If somebody beats the shit out of you, you wouldn't make difference between a psycho (Gaara) and Orochimaru, who is also a psycho.

And do you think it's a petty goal, to prove that a ninja with only taijutsu can be a greater ninja then the best of the Hyuuga Clan?

But put that aside, Gai is better because he has an eternal rival.

mata ne

Seelenfang
Seelenfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 18:18   Link #26
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelenfang
Okay, when u hate children, I do so too, u should hate Sasuke and Gaara the same,... Oh my God, he killed my family and the whole town, what should I do...cryin'.
yep, most definatly hated sasuke and gaara as they were children. expecially Gaara... I didn't like how they made him cute and cuddly in that flashback, he was too whiney before he started killing people.

Quote:
If somebody beats the shit out of you, you wouldn't make difference between a psycho (Gaara) and Orochimaru, who is also a psycho.
well, Gaara is a sociopath psycho, he seperates himself from society and can't truely understand how others feel. Orochimaru is a sadist psycho, he gets close to people so that he may hurt them in all the worst ways. Gaara would try to kill you and inflict pain which he doesn't know hurts whereas Orochmaru would torture you in ways he know hurts and would enjoy the suffering you endure. I'd think Oro has a more humiliating way of beating the crap out of you.

Quote:
And do you think it's a petty goal, to prove that a ninja with only taijutsu can be a greater ninja then the best of the Hyuuga Clan?
can you say that is a grand goal? after he does reach his goal, would that be enough? could he die there happily after that? would he be remembered and revered for generations to come? would people tell stories of the guy that wanted to achieve an irrelivant personal goal? "the great and might lee, he became an exelent ninja with taijutsu alone," is that what they'd say? that is horse shit, i could understand freeing the "land from opression" or "protecting the village from destruction," but all he wants is petty attention for doing nothing other than being himself.
Old 2004-08-12, 20:56   Link #27
yinstro

rock lee vs gaara is definitely one of the best fights in the series, best animation, good drama. overall exciting. IMO Rock is one of the best chars, but he hasnt got as much time recently, + unless he develops more strength, speed or abilities, it may seem he ll get left behind. Hopefully kishimoto will look after him

oh yea btw, you are a lil scary...
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 21:16   Link #28
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

lol Hobogod ... I think half the stuff you list is just a mind game that your dislike towards the character plays on you ... (He thinks that he, more that anyone else, deserves to be the best.) ... I mean cmon ... what was that based on?

His goal is simple: prove that you can be a decent shinobi without natural gifts. The best way to do that is to compete with the #1 rookie who just happens to have the best eyes his clan has ever seen. You aim high and try your hardest you just might have a shot ...

You are turning head strong into arrogant asshole.

And really if you haven't noticed ... other than Naruto every character in that series has a personal goal or dream that won't get them mentioned.

The older Jounins and Sannin got their names because of their ability during the war ... completely different times and circumstances.

Give the kid a break lol ... btw just curious ... which characters do you like?
Old 2004-08-12, 22:13   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I can answer that one. As an anti-social sociopath himself, HoboGod adores Gaara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
hehe, yea, that was great, but his spirit wasn't crushed. Maybe if Orochimaru beat the crap out of him for a while, or maybe Itachi. Gaara is great, but a sociopath of that level can do little more than killing, not much humiliation in being beat by a psycho.
That is one of the reason Neji is such a great fighter. He always goes for an absolute victory where the opponent will admit absolute defeat (physically and mentally). He wears down his opponent both physically and mentally. If Lee was beaten by Neji then that probably would have been the end of Rock. Still Rock Lee is such a cool character because he was able to acheive everything "he has" through hard work.

Nice post Ashi-chan. I share your enthusiasm for Rock Lee and welcome to the forum.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 22:41   Link #30
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I can answer that one. As an anti-social sociopath himself, HoboGod adores Gaara.
Is it that easy to tell i'm anti-social? ^_^

as for adoring Gaara, I'd say it is more like idolize, but adore is a good word too. Gaara > Shikamaru > Kyuubified Naruto > Itachi > everyone else.
Old 2004-08-12, 23:30   Link #31
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

Quote:
Is it that easy to tell i'm anti-social? ^_^
apparently.. ^_^'
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 02:21   Link #32
Ben

Rock Lee owns you and you know it.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 05:03   Link #33
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

No... Rock Lee is one of the worst characters in the entire series... and I am not saying that just to annoy all of you... I never liked his design nor his actual character... he is not even funny... besides... how many critical one on one fights has Lee won (the "victory" over Sasuke does not count)? hmmm... zero... what good of a ninja is that? ... he's no better than Sakura...
Old 2004-08-13, 06:45   Link #34
Ramen Naruto
Shogun

Send a message via MSN to Ramen Naruto
It's too bad that you skip so many ep. the whole story about Zabuza n' Haku is MUCH MUCH MORE interesting !
Ramen Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 14:00   Link #35
indo

i have to agree with everything hobogod has posted in this thread!

but i have a question for you, do you read the manga?
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 15:31   Link #36
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I think you guys are just jealous ... every time you see him jiggle those tight, fit buns... you wish your butt was that gorgeous.
Old 2004-08-13, 16:39   Link #37
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
i have to agree with everything hobogod has posted in this thread!

but i have a question for you, do you read the manga?
yep, i prefer reading anything than watching it. Something about the stillness of a quiet read in a cold empty room is really nostalgic of my childhood for some reason.

but yea, i know what happens to Lee, but I still don't like him. ^_^
Old 2004-08-13, 17:09   Link #38
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Quote:
yep, i prefer reading anything than watching it. Something about the stillness of a quiet read in a cold empty room is really nostalgic of my childhood for some reason.

but yea, i know what happens to Lee, but I still don't like him. ^_^
I don't like him either, and what happened to him made me dislike him even more.
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 18:02   Link #39
Ponko

Rock Lee is the best. I want to kidnap him and force him to be my sex slave. Everything about him is perfect. I love how hard he fights against his own insecurites, and I love how he can persue his goal without insulting and trying to tear others down. Lee is polite, charming, funny, brave, loyal, dedicated, forgiving.....the list goes on and on. Sure he is goofy looking, but that is what makes him so great. He can dress bad and style his hair wrong, he can act like a goof and behave in strange manner with his sensei, and yet he is still one of the most amazing ninja in the series. Lee has more 'coolness' in his fuzzy eyebrows than anyone on the show.... except maybe Gai. ^______^

Besides, I like his cat smile. Everytime I see it I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I do not know why anyone would think Lee is arrogant. His goal is simply to be taken seriously as a ninja for the abilities he has rather than ridiculed for the abilities he does not. What better way than to show that he can compete with the genius ninja?

Besides, Lee's fighting style rocked. It was unfortunate that Lee ended up competing with likely the only ninja who could have defended against the Gates. To be fair to Lee, any other genin who entered that ring with Gaara would probably have faired just as bad, if not worse. I'm hoping that in the future they do have a battle between Neji and Lee or Lee and Sasuke. Even if Lee does not win, it would be nice to have others admit that he can compete on thier level, and he is not the waste of ninja flesh that others have been telling him his whole life.

I like Gaara too. Gaara and Lee are two of my favourite characters, so you are not alone in being a Lee fan who does not dislike Gaara. ^___^
Ponko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 19:37   Link #40
jbruns
Warez Kiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi-chan
...for being madly, massively, helplessly infatuated with Rock Lee? ^.^;;

I see Rock-kun lose, even after unleashing forbidden moves and all that jazz. I cry. Like mad. I was groping my monitor and bawling, "Oh my gosh, no! My poor Rock-kun." Surprisingly, I don't absolutely abhor Gaara, despite how badly he beat him up. But my poor Rock-kun...

weird infatuation would make more sense to me if I'd fallen for him based on his character.
UM.... damn ..... i mean it was sad and all but bawling?! I hope you're joking otherwise for the love of all things choclately please step away from your comp. Naruto is great and all but obssessing over a character is kinda creepy... and definately not healthy for the mind lol
jbruns is offline   Reply With Quote