Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-07, 06:06   Link #181
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
I think I'm rather slow... just finish watching the entire series and now I grew a new love for loli! (or maybe just Al Azif).

Spoiler:
The timeline split. In one timeline he and Al became a Elder Gods, so he rescued the other him and returned his mortal self to Earth in the present. Through the magic of paradox and multiple time looping he got to have his cake AND eat it too.

If you think that doesn't make sense then, "hello!" I don't think that time travel has ever made logical sense in any TV show or movie. At least splitting time lines is pefectly in line with quantum theory. So let us just agree that anything that actually happened cannot be a paradox by definition and simply accept it. Anyway, this is not one of the worse abuses of badly written time paradox I've ever seen, so it is pretty good as such endings go.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 03:59   Link #182
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

this show was cool because it was so cliche but they did it consistently.

From the constant name shouting. Maaaaster therion!
to the constant attack name shouting. Attuhlantis strikuh!

I was shocked by the scene somewhere early middle when he got intoxicated by the fog. Mostly those kinds of love are pure like it was at the end so it was kinda cool to see them going at it.

the show did lose my interesent from episode eight onwards or so
I liked the power fetching / humor stuff better than all the serious evil rawr with less funny stuff near the end
Old 2008-03-30, 02:48   Link #183
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

I just finished this series.
I must say, I really liked it.
The ending was confusing, but I'm pleased with it. Logical or not, I liked it.
The show kind of reminded me of Ultraman in a way, with the huge mecha transformations at the end.
Now they have to make this a manga now xD
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 09:02   Link #184
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 09:07   Link #185
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd love it if Demonbane was licensed. Wouldn't mind watching it again, with it having quite possibly the best voice cast ever.
Old 2009-10-23, 10:24   Link #186
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Demonbane English Release Nears

Credits : Sankaku

Quote:

Quote:

Deus Machina Demonbane , the first of the much anticipated Nitroplus English eroge releases, is nearing release, with more details and pre-orders now available.

The game itself, Nitroplus’s fifth release and dating from 2003, is billed as a heroic saga featuring mecha and transforming heroes amidst a Cthulhu mythos inspired setting, with art by noted illustrator Niθ. Naturally, it includes plenty of erotic elements as well.The game soon spawned a full mixed media franchise, with family friendly PS2 and PC releases and an anime, novels and manga, along with the usual slew of figures and other merchandise.

More details on the game are set to be published on its official site, and information on the future Nitroplus lineup will be published on the Nitroplus USA site.

<Links maybe slightly NSFW>

Site (ENG) : http://nitroplususa.com/demonbane/

Nitro Plus : http://www.nitroplususa.com/

Pre-Order : http://www.jastusa.com/shop/nitroplus.html

Old 2009-10-23, 16:39   Link #187
Doria

Ah, thanks for that--I'd read about a while ago and meant to make a note of it, but then completely forgot. I really wish they'd release the PS2 version, as well, but I doubt Sony-NA would ever approve that, family friendly or not. Still, I'll enjoy playing the PC version, anyway. This is certainly a game that would be challenging to try to play in Japanese (those incantations...).

Thanks again for the reminder!
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 18:18   Link #188
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Unfortunately its supposed to be an uncensored version so it wont be family friendly . There is also PC version of this release so PS 3 isn't a must ^__^
Old 2009-10-23, 19:39   Link #189
Doria

This is for the PC game, though, right? Sorry if I'm confused by the versions here. The PC game, I'd assume would be uncensored.

The PS2 game was (relatively) family friendly, though, I'd thought (though I still cannot imagine it getting a release in the US, due both to game genre and content)? And a PS3 will not help US audiences who own the PS2 game, unless it was released region-free from the get-go. PS3 is generally region-free only for PS3 games. Ahh, well. I'll probably try to import it one way or another.

Thanks again!
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 10:48   Link #190
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Going by the official site its PC only but the site I got info from did suggest it was PC / PS . Also there was a revamp though here are the specs from official eng site :

Old 2011-02-03, 07:17   Link #191
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REVIEW TIME

Do you know what the word “pretentious” means in storytelling? When a story is pretending to be something than it actually isn’t. Let’s take Demonsbane for example. It is based on a nice visual novel (or so they told me), which in turn is based on the famous Cthulu mythology of H.P.Lovecraft, one of the most famous horror writers of all time. So making an anime based on his works is kinda self-explanatory that it’s supposed to be about horror. And it ain’t.

Demonsbane is a typical mecha show which just tries to pass as special by throwing in a thousand words of Cthulu terminology. Which ends up being a lose situation no matter what.
1) Anyone not familiar with Lovecraftian works, will be completely confused, since the show does very little explaining.
2) Anyone familiar with Lovecraftian works, who also happens to love them, will be completely infuriated at how his books were completely trashed in this anime, since the show uses them very loosely and definitely not for horror.
3) Anyone familiar with Lovecraftian works, who doesn’t particularly like them and keeps an open mind at how someone else tries to give a different take on Cthulu, will be completely disappointed at how this new setting is far less special, exiting or even memorable than the original.
4) Anyone not familiar with Lovecraftian works, who for any reason likes the weird setting and its terminology, will be left with a completely erroneous image of Cthulu and miss completely what it really was all about.

To make an analogy, it’s like taking the story of Jesus and making a slapstick comedy out of it. And yes, movies like The Story of Brian are very good but anyone who is a hardcore believer will most likely be offended. By the way, I liked that movie since religion has done many blunders over the centuries and still plays it to be innocent. The thing is, I have nothing against Lovecraft and I doubt there are many who do. Making a farce of a work with no haters can only work against it own makers; in this case the anime producers.

Which is why I call this show pretentious. It added all this terminology to try to pass as something more than a run of the mill mecha show. And since it didn’t do anything other than throwing in names that have no relation to their original meaning, it just failed hard to be what it intended.

The problems of this show don’t stop there. The playwright of this anime is like having 3 year old babies performing Hamlet; it just looks ridiculous. We have a group of a thousand year old supernatural entities from the far corners of the universe and they are all looking and acting like a bunch of immature retards. Would you believe even for a second that the main heroine is this millennia old witch with a comprehension of the secret arts than abide the universe if she looks and acts like a naggy 12 year old loli? Would you believe the priest of hell is a clown who laughs like he is stoned? Would you believe a sister in a temple is the epitome of purity when naughty thought cross her mind all the time?

The show is completely superficial and naive, full of character stereotypes you would expect to find in a b-grade shounen and not a Cthulu story full of terminology around Dark Gods and dimensions of madness. It’s like having the Gintama characters playing in Monster … in a serious tone. It just doesn’t going to work no matter what. They will be simply out of character; just like the cast of Demonsbane.

As far as animation and soundtrack goes, I have no problems. Many hate the way the mecha were made as well as the crude 3D battles, which is true that they lack choreography or excitement most of the times. Other than that, the depiction of a dark and gloomy world where phychedelic stuff keep appearing is very good while the music tunes are actually very atmospheric. Too bad they all go wasted on a show full of stupid sounding characters, who dress as if it’s Halloween and talk about the end of the world like it’s an anecdote about a horse walking into a bar.
“What’s with the long face?”
And it’s also supposed to pass as serious to us. How stupid.

Bottom line, if you like Picachu playing Kenshiro of Hokuto no Ken WITHOUT being a comedy, then this is the show for you. Otherwise, keep away from it or the Old Ones will throw you in a dimension of screaming flesh eating maggots that have five faces of babies on each and shit puss full of red eyeballs.

Average Score: 3.5 / 10
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:06   Link #192
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

The Visual Novel is finally released in english. If you liked the anime then please consider getting the game too.
Old 2011-05-18, 18:35   Link #193
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
The Visual Novel is finally released in english. If you liked the anime then please consider getting the game too.
Even if you didn;t like the anime, get the game. I thought the anime was "fine," but there's always an element of "rush" when porting a visual novel to an anime series. (and that element is distinctly evident in the Demonbane anime)