AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-16, 15:27   Link #461
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

oh my god, the beer scene... i was facepalming and laughing hard at the same time
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 19:31   Link #462
CWW
Lurker

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling the subs didn't quite mesh with the jokes. Like I didn't get the punchline (period?) during the eroge scene. I thought he just had morning wood or something. Likewise Shino's jab at Suzu in the shower scene right after that. Or the family play during the check-in.

Or maybe I'm just too old for this hipster language.

Last edited by CWW; 2010-08-16 at 19:46.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 20:13   Link #463
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Eh~~?
I can't really imagine that dolphin float being so hard as to deliver a critical hit to that guy...

I think it's the corner man, by god. The amount of times I've been crippled by just hitting the corner of something. Oh dear god it's horrible. I felt for the poor guy.

Amazing episode again, couldn't stop laughing throughout.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:01   Link #464
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
oh my god, the beer scene... i was facepalming and laughing hard at the same time
Kobayashi Yuu is the best overactor in the biz, for my money.

Forgive my naivete, but I didn't get the punchline after the backwards shirt gag:

"It would be bad if you put your ***** on the wrong way."

"That would not feel good."

It made me laugh, but I don't know why...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:42   Link #465
twasdfzxcv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling the subs didn't quite mesh with the jokes. Like I didn't get the punchline (period?) during the eroge scene. I thought he just had morning wood or something. Likewise Shino's jab at Suzu in the shower scene right after that. Or the family play during the check-in.

Or maybe I'm just too old for this hipster language.
It depends on which subs you're talking about. Not gonna point fingers or anything but some of them have bad subs
twasdfzxcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 02:43   Link #466
eiyuu99

"Thanks for the meal" - Before the guy gets eaten by "Jaws".
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 05:05   Link #467
Ashaman

I lol'd.

This episode was great. My two favourite bits had to be the beaach guy - rejected - critical hit - .

I felt for the guy there, which is strange because that kind of person is usually shown to be scum. Not this time though. And I was honestly like - "No, not her! Don't do it!" when he was about to try with the teacher.

And then - "Then for the meal" Poor guy.

The other part was the reporter girl. Her appearence this episode had me cracking up. The picture bit especially.
Old 2010-08-17, 05:27   Link #468
passin'gass
Cropduster

If that picture of them sleeping together ever gets into the hands of Shino's fanclub...

Especially if Hata photoshops their clothing away as a means to 'enhance' the breaking news story...
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 10:49   Link #469
art_1ficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I lol'd.

This episode was great. My two favourite bits had to be the beaach guy - rejected - critical hit - .

I felt for the guy there, which is strange because that kind of person is usually shown to be scum. Not this time though. And I was honestly like - "No, not her! Don't do it!" when he was about to try with the teacher.

And then - "Then for the meal" Poor guy.

The other part was the reporter girl. Her appearence this episode had me cracking up. The picture bit especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
If that picture of them sleeping together ever gets into the hands of Shino's fanclub...

Especially if Hata photoshops their clothing away as a means to 'enhance' the breaking news story...
for the last couple episode, I've been waiting for Hata's remarks and antics. . .

'n now, wondering when does the nurse teacher gonna show up
art_1ficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:56   Link #470
Dreamchaser

I must admit that while this episode was fun it wasn't as hilarious as I had expected. Combine this with rather shoddy subs I was left with a somewhat disappointed feeling. But I'll watch it again when Ayako-subs relase theirs which will hopefully change my opinion.

That being said there was some hilarious moments in this episode. I really like how they tied up their teacher to stop her from jumping Tsuda when they slept. Hata shined in this episode as well, she's probably my favourite character right now. I loved how she blackmailed Shino and Tsuda and then showed up with her epic camera. Makes me wonder really, how much gear does she really have?

I enjoyed Shino's dolphin ride and how she managed to hit the beach guy. Aria also proved to be the most innocently perverted person as always.

All in all a fairly fun episode but I consider this to be the weakest yet. Next week will probably turn out to be interesting with the introduction of a new character.
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 19:41   Link #471
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

After watching two different subs, I have no idea what was going on in the bath scene.

It also seemed like Shino was really interested in going back to the bath with Tsuda. Too bad they got caught. That would have been interesting.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 20:43   Link #472
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
After watching two different subs, I have no idea what was going on in the bath scene.
I'm not positive, but I think there was a couple having sex in the unisex bath. Just a theory.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 21:33   Link #473
twasdfzxcv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Second beer shot is live action.
twasdfzxcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:05   Link #474
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I agree with what you guys said, it seems the subs I'm reading is a bit strange...the show is hit and miss as usual, but some of the misses aren't just lame jokes or I find it not funny, but I literaly can't see how it's connected and how it's supposed to be funny. Especially for the parts in the bath...I guess I'll try to compare it with other subs when I have time.

Not the best episode in general, but there's still some good laughs especially from the side characters. I've been rather on the fence with Hata, but she really bring some good laughs in this episode. Nice to see her blackmailing Tsuda and Shino (which has really been given serious romantic scenes this episode - could Hata uses them for her own purposes) and the epic camera scene is so over the top it's hilarious. The nameless guy on the beach is also great to get some schadenfraude laughs.

But my favorite character of this episode is undoubtedly, most definitely, the dolphin. Great laughs, both from the perverted side (it's getting bigger and bigger) and the cute side (Shino playing with dolphin is a real delight to watch). It really reminds me of this song, Inflatable You by Tim Minchin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6raVzrbqrM. It's kinda the other way around there, but it's also a hilarious song.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:06   Link #475
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As odd as it is to say with this series.... this episode was more "gentle humor" rather than slam-bam-punchline. More of the humor was in the situations.

Meh, I thought it was quite entertaining. I do recommend people branch out and try different sub products though....
Old 2010-08-17, 23:29   Link #476
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

After watching three different subs, I have to wonder how long until the girls jump Tsuda.

Also, I love how it's fine that the teacher raped some random guy. Or maybe it's only fine because she didn't get caught?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:54   Link #477
DarciisFyer

Much better with recent subs. The first subs were ridiculously mistranslated. I'm sure they put a decent effort into it, at least it wasn't pure guesswork like a gg troll, mostly they messed up on faint/mumbled/spoken-too-fast voices that someone fluent in japanese would have no trouble with, but it would have been better not to have even put up such a confusing sub.

Edit: after going back, undeleting the first subs that I trashed after 5 minutes and rewatching them, I have to revise my estimation and call them shit. So much of their mistranslation is on punchlines too, so their subs actually made the show seem so much more boring.

Last edited by DarciisFyer; 2010-08-18 at 00:07.
DarciisFyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 00:15   Link #478
ZODDGUTS

Which subs did you watch? The one I watched was from TZM which had good subs. Only reason I DL their sub and not Arc sub is because they released 720p vid.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 00:21   Link #479
DarciisFyer

Yeah, arc sub is the one I'm referring too.
DarciisFyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 00:23   Link #480
Excorsism

Tsuda should have entered the mixed bath with Shino, FUUUU-.

Tags
comedy, shounen