AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-17, 06:16   Link #161
rik
Ace_of_Something_really

simply put...gundam, gundam v, g gundam,gundam x, wing(just the mechs.)
and pardon the term destiny is just pure rehash...seed was better, destiny isn't needed, the ending of seed is enough to put kira in the distinguished pilot up there with amuro,usso,camille, domon (c'mon he is the only gundam pilot that doesnt got his unit trashed in the end of the anime.....sekiha! tenkyo god finger!!)
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 15:41   Link #162
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
um, Kira's freedom was pretty much screwed at the end, its legs got shot off and was severly damaged by the end of Seed, it wasn't destroyed but had to recive some extensive repairs. If A boa quo didn't blow up the original gundam could have been repaired as well. Although to his credit, Kira for the first half of seed demonstrates good piloting skill but the later half and GSD were basically beam spaming. If I remmber correctly, Zeta Gundam was present in double Zeta as well, Judau pilots the Zeta first than the ZZ. Amuro brought his re-gz back in one piece at the start of CCA, the Ric-dias was also in one piece, there are plenty of pilots that returned with their suits other than Kira (whos suit is actually trashed just not blowned up).

Lacan/Grahf

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2007-12-05 at 19:33.
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 21:24   Link #163
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
i have to say gundam wing is my favorite...wing gundam and freedom are my favorite gundam but i dont like gundam seed that much...cuz you know.....
Old 2007-12-07, 08:14   Link #164
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i know i have sign my own death when i say this

i got bored near the end of Wing but not the ending

My favorite is GS and GSD please dont kill me

When Flay slept with Kira to exact her revenge basically made this list

Basiacaly watched GSD to see Lacus and Kira together, without her, he might have been an early Shin Asuka
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 08:17   Link #165
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
i know i have sign my own death when i say this

i got bored near the end of Wing but not the ending

My favorite is GS and GSD please dont kill me
OMG U L1EK GS N GSD!? -facestab-

No really, I dont see the problem if people actually like something others dont.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 08:25   Link #166
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
OMG U L1EK GS N GSD!? -facestab-

No really, I dont see the problem if people actually like something others dont.
it is a joke targeted at the GSD bashers
Old 2007-12-09, 09:38   Link #167
Honey_and_Cleaver

Gundam 00 is my favourite series compare to all of them now. Before it was gundam wing and even before it was gundam seed(but not destiny).
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 17:30   Link #168
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Mine is SEED, obviously. Before that, I was watching WING, but was not driven that much into it. Then Kira and co. came to kick some serious a** with their stunningly melodramatic adventures. As I love the idea of best friends being parted by war and I like the idea of "teenage drama" with big mechas, it was just a show for me. And the designs... I just had to grab those beautiful gunplas and start collecting them like a madman
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 17:33   Link #169
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

G Gundam lol
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 00:09   Link #170
mystic210

Send a message via MSN to mystic210
my favorite Gundam Series are
Zeta Gundam
Gundam Seed
and 08th MS Team

Last edited by mystic210; 2007-12-16 at 18:49.
mystic210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 00:22   Link #171
wolf-rayet star

my favourite is shining hathaway (novel not anime, i mean this series doesn't exist in anime)
wolf-rayet star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 19:13   Link #172
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i was hoping there was poll for this

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-08 at 23:04.
Old 2008-01-15, 06:09   Link #173
NinjaxAnbu

Send a message via ICQ to NinjaxAnbu Send a message via AIM to NinjaxAnbu Send a message via MSN to NinjaxAnbu
1) Turn A - The last half of the series is way too epic. It has the best ending and Gundam lead (Loran) imo.
2) Wing - My first Gundam. It is an awesome series despite a plot that goes in circle
Spoiler for Wing:

3) Zeta - He is a Char!, Haman Karn, and
Spoiler for Zeta:
What more can I say?
NinjaxAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 19:13   Link #174
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Sorry 4tran, but you've lost all credibility when you said 00 was a lot better than G.

That series delivered, if you can get passed the silly designs it is one of the best Gundams out there, it's fresh, it's different, and it does it well. It was never meant to be a real robot show, but rather SUPER since the very start. For a Super Robot series it is hella good.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:37   Link #175
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Sorry 4tran, but you've lost all credibility when you said 00 was a lot better than G.
Just because he does not like the show? He wasn't demanding your agreement, mind you. And there are many others, such as myself, who agrees.

Quote:
That series delivered, if you can get passed the silly designs it is one of the best Gundams out there, it's fresh, it's different, and it does it well. It was never meant to be a real robot show, but rather SUPER since the very start. For a Super Robot series it is hella good.
I don't think it delivered. I thought it was stupid and I felt very uncomfortable watching it. The Cantonese pop music did not help, which to me is the most memorable part of the show. And when that happens to be my most memorable part of the show, something is wrong.

I also cannot stomach the idea of Gundam being super-robot. Sure, the franchise flirted with that fine line before, but most of the time it stayed within that boundary.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-01 at 19:49.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 20:06   Link #176
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Just because he does not like the show? He wasn't demanding your agreement, mind you. And there are many others, such as myself, who agrees.

I don't think it delivered. I thought it was stupid and I felt very uncomfortable watching it. The Cantonese pop music did not help, which to me is the most memorable part of the show. And when that happens to be my most memorable part of the show, something is wrong.

I also cannot stomach the idea of Gundam being super-robot. Sure, the franchise flirted with that fine line before, but most of the time it stayed within that boundary.

- Tak
He doesn't seem to like any Gundam shows...

Anyways, G wasn't stupid, it was silly at times yes, but it didn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the series. It was a combination of light-hearted, silly moments with some serious and badass moments that made it a good show. If you went in expecting something uber serious and realistic then you should have stopped at episode 1.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:16   Link #177
Tak

Quote:
Anyways, G wasn't stupid, it was silly at times yes, but it didn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the series. It was a combination of light-hearted, silly moments with some serious and badass moments that made it a good show.
Those badass moments were completely incapacitated by the presence of its settings.

Quote:
If you went in expecting something uber serious and realistic then you should have stopped at episode 1.
If I had a choice at the time I watched it, I would have.

Hey, then again, if that is a show you like, more power to you. I just could not find myself ever enjoying it, and I will probably not revisit G Gundam anytime soon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:18   Link #178
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Personally I liked G Gundam's quirkiness and how it kept me coming back each week, but it could get a little old and formulaic during the Gundam Fight of the week portions. As for the Cantonese song Men of Battle, there's a Japanese version of it as well, though personally I have no problem with it, it kind of sounds like something Jackie Chan would sing. In fact I'm pretty sure that Armour of God is where they got the idea from.

And yes that is Jackie Chan singing. And now back to your regularly scheduled ratings.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 23:27   Link #179
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mod of the Gundam Forum
For my money, Gundam 00 is one of the most disappointing Gundam TV shows I've watched. I would say the it's a bit better than ZZ and a lot better than G Gundam, but that it falls quite short of Gundam Wing. It's a bit sad since the 2307 CE setting is one of the best settings of any Gundam show - probably only surpassed by Seed/Destiny in this regard. Gundam 00 also had a number of interesting facets at the beginning that unfortunately didn't end up amounting to very much. I may write up a more complete impression later on.
You MIGHT write more later huh? Not even worthy of your time huh? How bout we just get to the truth here for those that don't know...You don't like Gundam and you never have...You say Wing was superior to 00, yet you don't even like Wing, and you think GSD is like the 2nd or 3rd best G-series of all time (Which is online seppuku)...How can any self-respecting gundam fan be bothered with your comments...Oh damn, I guess I still am...You so don't pass the sniff-test, but I'm curious in your perfect 12 Kingdoms world of Mecha, what prey tell would make a good gundam series? Not that I don't know your answer as it's been imprinted in my mind ever since the first day i even debated you, but could you perhaps verbalize TO THE FORUM YOU MOD what would be the perfect or best scenario for a Gundam show to you, so maybe they can get an understanding of why in God's name you would want to be the default face of a place that holds the Gundam name?
Old 2009-04-01, 23:32   Link #180
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
what would be the perfect or best scenario for a Gundam show to you, so maybe they can get an understanding of why in God's name you would want to be the default face of a place that holds the Gundam name?
Psst, I would say 08 MS team, but I'd probably get my head shot off for that.

So people like GSD, a lot of people like GSD... so fucking what? Get over it, yeesh.

- Tak