AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 23:49   Link #141
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I wonder then, fellow SEED fans, what drove you to the series? First thing that really got to me, was, I admit, the music. The dynamic opening was kinda ok to me, but something moved within me when I heard Asuran and Kira theme for the first time during Yamato's flashback, and then, at the end, the first notes of See-Saw's ending song just enthralled me. Later, the series, even as it entered its a bit disappointing Destiny phase, never really disappointed me in terms of music.

And then, the plot - as I love the concept of two dear friends thrown apart by war, I immediately fell in love with the show's main storyline. And then the question of racism and tollerance... Love, hate and friendship caught in the frame of a great cosmic conflict... the only Gundam series I'd ever watched at that time was Gundam Wing which somehow did not have much emotional impact on me. But SEED really touched the string so, as a fan of all kinds of emotional, epic, dramatic sagas, I just got carried away by Fukuda's great improvisation ('cause I think he improvised during the course of the show... a LOT :P).

And the series' Dearka Elthman became my favorite anime character of all time. Mostly because he surprised me with his character development (again, thank you, bad Buster sales and thank you, Fukuda's knack for improvising ). And I liked this switch of sides. A "bad guy" that betrayed his cause when he realized that he is deceived and that he's not fighting for the world he thought would be so happy for him and his fellows. From an arrogant bastard, he became a modest and more noble person without losing his cockiness and confidence. Well, I found it to be just too cool

He was one of those characters that really learned to observe in order to
UNDERSTAND and was not scared to change his ideals when he felt deep in his heart that they're not right.

I have so many words of praise and details I could wrote, but I think it is enough for now, hehe.

---

So, what did YOU like in the show, fellow SEED fans? :P
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:13   Link #142
Cherudim Arche

Music from See-Saw

I did like the fights in the beginning for they actually use tactics at least.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:38   Link #143
4Tran

If we're talking just about Seed, the biggest draw for me would have to be the characterization. I found most of the characters to be interesting (with the exception of Lacus and Rau): from the adults, Murrue and Roy Mwu, etc. to the younger cast, like Cagalli and Sai. Moreover, Seed has probably my favorite character of all Gundam shows.

Next, I think that a lot of the dramatic moments in the show worked very well. The early going was the weakest in this regard, but we still saw some pretty impressive stuff like Yzak shooting down the shuttle and Fllay's "seduction" of Kira.

Finally, we have the wonderful "Akatsuki no Kuruma". This background music is one of the very best mood-setting pieces that I've heard in anime, and it made me a fan of both Kajiura (Heard'em all ) Yuki and Nanri Yuuka (who won't be working on Gunslinger Girl 2, darn it).

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-01-14 at 01:20.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 06:55   Link #144
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Moreover, Seed has probably my favorite character of all Gundam shows.
Which one would it be?

Akatsuki no Kuruma... yeah, it was very intense. If we're talking about a particular piece of music, my personal favorite is Enrai ~Tooku ni Aru Akari~. I kinda like its more heavy guitar riffs with the silk touch of female vocal. That's basically the same reason why I also really loved the new opening and ending of Gundam 00.
Old 2008-01-14, 08:39   Link #145
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Which one would it be?
It's Fllay.
Old 2008-01-14, 10:03   Link #146
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's Fllay.
Now, you really surprised me there
Old 2008-01-14, 11:01   Link #147
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Now, you really surprised me there
Why? Because he likes the only truly interesting character in the series?
Old 2008-01-14, 11:05   Link #148
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Why? Because he likes the only truly interesting character in the series?
Nope. Because he likes the character which tends to annoy many people. But I am not one of them. I liked Fllay and her contribution to the plot. Without her, it'd not be an interesting a show as it is.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:09   Link #149
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Nope. Because he likes the character which tends to annoy many people. But I am not one of them. I liked Fllay and her contribution to the plot. Without her, it'd not be an interesting a show as it is.
I too, thought she did bring a large, important part to the series. I would agree with you. Without Fllay, Seed would have been boring a hell.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:12   Link #150
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Well, I admit that without her I don't know if SEED would even keep me THAT interested during the first episodes of the show. But I really couldn't say how would I feel about the series in general with such a change.

EDIT: Also, I look at the whole character cast i n a different light than you. Well, one could really just tell it by looking at my nick, I suppose.

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-01-14 at 11:24.
Old 2008-01-14, 19:47   Link #151
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i dont like fllay either but her contribution to the plot is a must.... a portion of GS's greatness was due to her contribution, but her character is too psycho and did some damage to kira which kept me on edge and it was great, the whole cast created a nice balance of drama, emotion and craziness, nothing out there gave me this kinda of ride and thats why GS is so great in my book

GSD fail at connecting me with the new cast on the level GS did, the magic of the orignal cast made the new cast more like 2nd tier characters and even though they are in the spot light throughout most of GSD i am still thinking about the archangel crew and the original zaft crew, thus i cant fully appreciate the crew of the minerva, another thing is: i witness a naive kira yamato mature into a full fledge battle hardened super pilot which over shadow the cocky and rageful shinn asuka.....shinn was kinda likeable every now and then but sometimes some of his action and complaints really deviated him from being a extremely likeable protagonist...the cast and flow of GSD did not surpass GS in anyway which in turn made me feel GSD is inferior to GS......

However GSD did maintain a continuation of GS and provide ample 'fan service reference' to the original story which is what i need the most from a season 2.....coo characters came back, originals characters showing improve character maturity - although some became weak and puppet-ish which got on my nerves -, more emotional and memorable moments was created as expected of the Seed universe, seeing some of the realationship blossom while others are on a brink of disaster, a love triangle develope which is interesting, another tragic love relationship was expose and many things that kept me interested...... GSD was enjoyable but not perfect and definitely inferior to GS...unlike GSD, GS has true greatness which not many stories out there can compete with

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-14 at 21:05.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 20:58   Link #152
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

And in SEED there was no such overload of Gundams as in Destiny. As I saw someone mentioning it in another topic, The new Gundam (Freedom) really appeared around episode 35. Up until then it was just the five cool mechas and my favorite 1 vs 4 configuration. GSD introduced way to many machines. Even grunts were piloting Gundam-like mechas. The super MSes did not seem that exceptional anymore. Technology is progressing way too fast in CE