AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2004-11-08, 16:39   Link #101
Spuffy
オウカ~

With the risk of being annoying. AF-F released Misaki Chronicles with 1024x576. If you check at anidb you see they were around 198-206 MB for each ep, and I remember them looking really nice, so regarding filesize I don't think there should be any problems. But I can buy the playback issues on ancient computers. The raws in question use ~40% cpu on my P4 3.0 with full post processing.

Anyway, thank you for your replies.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 16:47   Link #102
lamer_de

Different shows compress differently. I remember the Tsukihime 856x480 (or similar) raws being 200MB. Now, those Rozen raws approach the 0,5GB for a single episode. Besides, there really is no point in keeping such huge resolutions. Anime does not feature the detail level of live-action movies, where you have film grain, the structure of skin etc pp (where higher resolution might offer a real increase in information). So, there's zero to very small advantage of a higher resolution.

Also, fansubs are not meant to replace commercial releases, and even DVDs don't feature HDTV res, so less incentive to buy DVDs if you have a higher resolution version already, don't you think?

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-11-08, 16:58   Link #103
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Reguarding the quality argument:

Besides, we should be greatful we have nice Digital-TV rips for these episodes... I remember the beginnings of the digisub scene were we had RM and Analog sources =(

Yes, lamer_de makes the best point: if the show intrests you enough, then when its relased here in the states get the DVDs. Believe it or not we're not in the buisness of providing alternatives to the "real deal".

Just rememebered something: Most of the time (correct me if I'm wrong on this) when these shows are shown on a HDTV network (BS-i,ATX etc) in order to get that nice huge resolution they super sample the source to attain the desired resolution. I have no idea what the source resolution is but if this is the case, then retaining that orginal resolution has no great positives if everything is already stretched and smoothed out.
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 02:31   Link #104
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Just watched 03. :
Spoiler:

I had a few beers before watching this episode, so forgive me if my thoughts are choppy...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 06:06   Link #105
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Actually Jun is suffering from depression and bullying

He is Hikkikomori (I think that's how you spell it)

Its the cultural condition suffered by 71% of male teenagers, that have no social interaction skills, suffering from bullying, fear of the outside they lock themselves in their rooms, play games, miss school and refuse to come out for nothing.
Some have been known to suffer up to 6yrs before slowly recovering and coming out again to pick up their broken lives.

Its a very serious problem and isn't help by the "softly-softly" approach ingrained into Japanese health professions and society in general, where even the parents fear getting help, in case the neighbours find out.

It's great that Jun has a great sister, who is trying to help him.

I guess it takes a western approach to help Jun, hence his dutch wif- er i mean Rozen.

and dammn she's a cute little, doll killing thing.

I want to get one for my sisters. (honest! Not that i don't want one too....)
I'm too lazy to type it out again.

But i hope that answers your question about Jun, Muir woods
and here are some articles on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/2334893.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/2336883.stm
Old 2004-11-11, 09:06   Link #106
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler for ep3+4:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 09:43   Link #107
Kensuke

Heh, soon Jun has a harem of dolls in his room.

Episodes 3 & 4
Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 09:45   Link #108
daedalus6

[QUOTE=Trax][spoiler=ep3+4]Saw episode3 yesterday and episode4 today. Jun is finally getting a few moments of 'clarity' now and then, although generally he's still being obnoxious. The 'evil' doll Suigin Tou can apparently visit at any time, can't they put a lock on that mirror? She was the one that sent the clown in the first episode, although I'm still not sure why it attacked Jun while he wasn't even Shinku's "servant" yet. Then again, it looks like Suigin Tou likes to toy with people for her amusement.

Heh in manga it was not clown but Winnie pooh! Why didnt they have winnie pooh in anime?
Trademark issues?
daedalus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 09:49   Link #109
daedalus6

Quote:
Originally Posted by randall
oh damn SCR, u worked on it?
how come i know nothing of it? =X=X=X=X

since u worked on it, i shall not touch it
*deletes rozen and bans Ayu*

im a cute little doll =p
I have to thank you. You really really saved my crappy day when I saw 2 eps of rozen maiden in animesuki!
Good job thanks.

Now I don't even mind the pain after surgery yesterday
Old 2004-11-11, 10:11   Link #110
Kupop
#BlastoMayo Tyrant

Send a message via AIM to Kupop
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
I have to thank you. You really really saved my crappy day when I saw 2 eps of rozen maiden in animesuki!
Good job thanks.
Oh pffft! randall didn't do anything for the Rozen Maiden project. And with the next HDTV raw coming out tomorrow, it shouldn't be long before we release ep 5 as well.

Edit: Oh, and on another note... in regards to SCR's comment about the raws... the raws themselves are 480p (native reso 852x480). While the actual reso of the raws may be larger, that's mainly because of the fact that it's scaled so that it can be displayed on an HDTV with a higher native reso. In other words, encoding it to any resolution with a Y greater than 480 is pretty much just wasted space anyways. If you think about it, 768x432 is pretty good considering the fact that you get a kick-ass resolution and can still fit three eps on a CD (sorry, all of you 175 MB people).

Last edited by Kupop; 2004-11-11 at 10:32.
Kupop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 12:16   Link #111
daedalus6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupop
Oh pffft! randall didn't do anything for the Rozen Maiden project. And with the next HDTV raw coming out tomorrow, it shouldn't be long before we release ep 5 as well.
Well really my comment was ment for all you guys. You rock!
Old 2004-11-11, 14:10   Link #112
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
I'm too lazy to type it out again.

But i hope that answers your question about Jun, Muir woods
and here are some articles on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/2334893.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/2336883.stm
I remember that post, but thanks for the links anyways. I've read through it and; "Mothers will care for their sons until they become 30 or 40 years old." That line disturbed me the most. Anyways, what I was trying to say in my half drunken state was what exactly pushed him over the edge to become a "Hikikomori", because you don't all of a sudden become an introvert (01 hinted that he was healthy before). There must be a reason (they never explicitly showed/explained why Jun is like that). But after watching 04, I think I may have found my answer. at the Seki's eyes.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 15:02   Link #113
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I remember that post, but thanks for the links anyways. I've read through it and; "Mothers will care for their sons until they become 30 or 40 years old." That line disturbed me the most. Anyways, what I was trying to say in my half drunken state was what exactly pushed him over the edge to become a "Hikikomori", because you don't all of a sudden become an introvert (01 hinted that he was healthy before). There must be a reason (they never explicitly showed/explained why Jun is like that). But after watching 04, I think I may have found my answer. at the Seki's eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Just watched 03. :
Spoiler:

I had a few beers before watching this episode, so forgive me if my thoughts are choppy...

Agoraphobia (the fear Jun has) can spring up rapidly, but the vast majority of sufferers are born with it in a small way, and it grows over the years. It normaly becomes a problem during puberty, and can become a serious problem if its not handled.

Episode 2 shows the critical point for him, there was an event during school which was the catalyst and sent over, though he was probably alreadyu showing signs of it.

Most agoraphobics who are children are set off due to peer pressure from school and bullying, which can increase their inferiority complex to breaking point.

Episode 1 explains where the parents are, and part of Jun's problem. the parents are working abroad, and Jun sees this as them abandoning him, that coupled with the above situation was probably all that was needed to send him over the edge, though having a sister like that he probably feels safer on his own hehehe
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 15:16   Link #114
Takemi_Ikazuchi

It's explained in episode 4.

Spoiler:
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 17:43   Link #115
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Episodes 3
Spoiler for episode 3:
My feelings about Suigin Tou:
Spoiler for episode 3:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 18:40   Link #116
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
My feelings about Suigin Tou:
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 09:55   Link #117
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Agoraphobia (the fear Jun has) can spring up rapidly, but the vast majority of sufferers are born with it in a small way, and it grows over the years. It normaly becomes a problem during puberty, and can become a serious problem if its not handled.
Being a little bit psycho himself Dr. Bracken33 does not agree with you .

Maybe I am wrong but Junīs behaviour looks more like he has soziophobia. He is afraid what other people might think about him, this causes his angst. He wants to avoid his feeling of angst so he avoids people.
That is why he is camouflaging himself. Judgement by aquaintances like classmates is esspecially painfull.

People with agoraphobia can be pretty social in their own appartment or house (even party animals). They enjoy the company of others there.
On the other hand people with soziophobia would have no problem to take a walk in the wilderness alone (at least if they donīt have other phobias). This would be horror for people with agoraphobia, because agoraphobia often goes along with panic attacks.

My guess is that Jun would have no problem leaving the house if he would be a farmer living in a remote farm, because there would be no people near.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 10:40   Link #118
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33
Being a little bit psycho himself Dr. Bracken33 does not agree with you .

Maybe I am wrong but Junīs behaviour looks more like he has soziophobia. He is afraid what other people might think about him, this causes his angst. He wants to avoid his feeling of angst so he avoids people.
That is why he is camouflaging himself. Judgement by aquaintances like classmates is esspecially painfull.

People with agoraphobia can be pretty social in their own appartment or house (even party animals). They enjoy the company of others there.
On the other hand people with soziophobia would have no problem to take a walk in the wilderness alone (at least if they donīt have other phobias). This would be horror for people with agoraphobia, because agoraphobia often goes along with panic attacks.

My guess is that Jun would have no problem leaving the house if he would be a farmer living in a remote farm, because there would be no people near.
I live with an agoraphobic

She's suffered from it since school and is slowly coming out of it. Agoraphobia is both a fear of going outside and people. Sal is fine so long as she's in the house, but when its time to leave she goes through hell. And when people want to come into the house, i have to drag her away from the door to let them in.

Like most phobias there are levels, Sal sadly has a really bad agoraphobia, it takes her an hour to open the door to go to work, and by the time she does she's sweating buckets.

Agoraphobia and Anthropophobia (the proper term for soziophobia heheh) are in truth closely linked and related, and are most likely to occur together, each adding to the problem. Jun shows he is most likely both by the reaction he has in the second episode when Tomoe visits (Anthropophobia), and then when he has to leave the house to get Hina's favorite food (Agoraphobia).

To be honest i like this show more for the fact it has these elements in thim, im really looking forward to how they're handled. And now we have a doll with the same fears it should get even better.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 13:13   Link #119
Bracken33

Quote:
She's suffered from it since school and is slowly coming out of it. Agoraphobia is both a fear of going outside and people. Sal is fine so long as she's in the house, but when its time to leave she goes through hell. And when people want to come into the house, i have to drag her away from the door to let them in.
That is strange. So agoraphobia also includes fear of people, I did not know that.
You probably have already guessed it: I am a Soziophobic. The proper english term for my desease seems to be "social anxiety disorder=SAD".
I have absolutely no problems leaving the house as long as I am sure to meet nobody. So basically I have no fear to go outside.

Quote:
Agoraphobia and Anthropophobia (the proper term for soziophobia heheh) are in truth closely linked and related, and are most likely to occur together, each adding to the problem.
Yeah, they probably overlap a lot. I also have other nice mental stuff .
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 02:10   Link #120
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I just started watching this, since I love gothic lolita fashion, etc.

Well, I really like it a lot! I think the dolls are so cute, and the story is great.

I like the music, too. The OP is rather haunting, in my opinion.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, supernatural