Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 23:58   Link #2141
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Hiding where you are is abit different then hiding your identity in a society based on family rank. Cornelia was laying low and on the move investigating the Geass ruins which makes it harder for her to be tracked, it doesn't hurt her that Guilford suspected Zero of abducting her or atleast have something to do with her disappearance. I don't really see how being trained in military proceedings would help him hide his identity, if anything he would need a prestigious and established lineage to actually get anywhere in the military. We are talking about a society that determines a person's opportunities through his/her family's status, such focus on lineage would make it all the harder for someone to hide his family background. Kallen managed to pull it off because her father hid the fact she was his love child and let her live in an Area and attend a commoner school, had she went to a more prestigious school for nobles on the mainland I doubt she would pass the undoubtedly stringent background checks to avoid those of lesser status attending with the noble's kids.
Does family rank really apply to the KoO? It has no tie to his bloodline, just his abilities. We saw the same with Suzaku, it is your accomplisments that make you a KoR (Gino excluded), not your status or bloodline. So, while Cornelia may have been on the move, she has an actual bloodline and public identity that's chasing her around. People will notice the Princess of Britannia. Bismark, on the other hand (or the KoO in general), does not strike me as a role that's played in the forefront of cameras and national news, unlike Cornelia's role.

By military trainings, I was refering to the idea of being able to maintain his composure within any situation. As in, he'd have to hardpressed to let down a facade.

Not taking Kallen to the mainland allows her to be with her actual mother. I don't think it was done for just her bloodline, but for her own life. A child needs its mother. I'm also sure that the cherade played by her step-mother would be enough to clear up Kallen's heritage if she were to attend a more formal Britannian school as I do not see them doing blood tests. Not to mention that money can buy just about anything in Britannia's Darwinistic Society.

Quote:
Bismark and Stadtfeld are both German if I am not mistaken, Bismark is a famous German battleship from WW2.
I thought it was German, but I wasn't going to overstep my bounds on what I actually know.

Quote:
Well, I did mention that it was unlikely he could have taken control of Area 11 with so many Royals interested, but as I said he could have taken command of it during the year after the Black Rebellion under the pretense of directly managing and pacifying a region that claimed four of the Emperor's children and recently revolted against Britannian rule. And just because he is managing Area 11, it doesn't mean that he would have to be overtly obvious with his familial connections.
True, but we do not know what engagements he had in other locations. From what we saw in Ep.12 he's not exactly free all day long. He was standing (which is quite a feat) for an entire discussion between Royals, and then reporting it all to their father. I doubt Charles would want the KoO to even be near Lelouch. Though, to be frank, this is probably one of the weaker sides of my theory. I can't really make a grounded argument with no real basis.

The only sensible thing I can come up with is that he had already taken another area and is forced to maintain that area. The other possibility being Charles and Nunally.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm having fun as well so no need to thank me or anything.
Oh good. I'll start charging you then!
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:08   Link #2142
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Very interesting theory about Kallen's possible father. However, looking at it in a simple way. I think Nunnally visited Kallen since their friends and Nunnally hasn't seen anyone from Ashford so it makes since for her to visit Kallen. He had to appear anyway since Suzaku wants his position. Its not like we have background information on the other Knights except Suzaku. Even though Bismark appeared last episode along with Nunnally and Kallen. It looked to me since Lloyd was talking about the Guren then they showed Kallen since its her mech. That aside if its true though, it will be interesting to watch.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2008-07-03 at 00:35.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:28   Link #2143
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Does family rank really apply to the KoO? It has no tie to his bloodline, just his abilities. We saw the same with Suzaku, it is your accomplisments that make you a KoR (Gino excluded), not your status or bloodline.
It doesn't. Both Gino and Anya got there because of their uber skills. If Gino was just a guy who got onboard because of his ties then he'd be dead already in his engagements with kallen and Xing Ke who he held well against.

It'd look bad too if the emperor promoted people as his personal knights simply because of their bloodlines. For a guy who strives for survival of the weakness, he'd obviously wants people who can prove themselves.

Quote:
The only sensible thing I can come up with is that he had already taken another area and is forced to maintain that area. The other possibility being Charles and Nunally.
Just because you take up and govern an area doesn't mean you have to be there 24/7. So long as you establish authority and the proper administrators in place, which you keep in contact with, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Though I doubt the Knight of One dealt with Japan. Schenzeil would be the most likely candidate since he was the one coming in with the fleet. Might as well do it while he's there.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:29   Link #2144
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Gino happens to be a good pilot with a stellar background. That's all.
Old 2008-07-03, 00:33   Link #2145
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It doesn't. Both Gino and Anya got there because of their uber skills. If Gino was just a guy who got onboard because of his ties then he'd be dead already in his engagements with kallen and Xing Ke who he held well against.
I likely worded that wrong, I meant that Gino is a KoR that actually comes from a very outstanding background, unlike the other KoR we've been presented.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:37   Link #2146
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Gino happens to be a good pilot with a stellar background. That's all.
Now I wonder about Anya's background.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:38   Link #2147
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Phoenyx View Post
Now I wonder about Anya's background.
Let's get back to Kallen. We have strayed far enough.
Old 2008-07-03, 00:41   Link #2148
DarkLordOfkichiku

Kallen's father may or may not be the KoO. I doubt he's just a nobody anyway considering that they've kept who he is and what his occupation is kept a secret for now - having it turn out that he's the KoO could be just about the right twist we need for things to come. Though if it'll actually turn out to be that way or not remains to be seen.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:46   Link #2149
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think Kallen's father is the Knight of One. I honestly don't, it would've come up in conversation by now, and likely if he was, Suzaku would've approached him on the matter of Kallen. He himself would've visited Kallen as well, whether to talk to her or reprimand her or whatever. Besides, I don't know what you guys see in the way of resemblance. I sure as hell don't see it.

Besides, how does gray-black haired man and a brown haired woman produce a redheaded daughter?
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:52   Link #2150
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't think Kallen's father is the Knight of One. I honestly don't, it would've come up in conversation by now, and likely if he was, Suzaku would've approached him on the matter of Kallen. He himself would've visited Kallen as well, whether to talk to her or reprimand her or whatever. Besides, I don't know what you guys see in the way of resemblance. I sure as hell don't see it.

Besides, how does gray-black haired man and a brown haired woman produce a redheaded daughter?
Our speculation is that only Bismarck himself knows this. As KoO, he doesn't think it's necessary to visit Kallen, and as her father, it's inappropriate to say the least, for now anyway.
Old 2008-07-03, 00:52   Link #2151
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

It's anime, anything can happen.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:53   Link #2152
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I don't think Kallen's father is the Knight of One. I honestly don't, it would've come up in conversation by now, and likely if he was, Suzaku would've approached him on the matter of Kallen.
Don't forget that Var's theory is that his true identity is a BIG secet, hence why not even Suzaku might know about it. It might be something of a personal request that he (the KoO) has made of the emperor: to keep who he really is from everyone.

Quote:
He himself would've visited Kallen as well, whether to talk to her or reprimand her or whatever. Besides, I don't know what you guys see in the way of resemblance. I sure as hell don't see it..
Hmm, I'm not sure he thinks he should be involved such as the matter is - at best he might help from the shadows, but that's all...

Quote:
Come on, genetics works in strange ways; your daughter might have the hair of your mother or great-grandmother or whatever, for example...
Besides, this is anime; how the hell does a girl get pink hair, pray tell?
Old 2008-07-03, 01:04   Link #2153
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Don't forget that Var's theory is that his true identity is a BIG secet, hence why not even Suzaku might know about it. It might be something of a personal request that he (the KoO) has made of the emperor: to keep who he really is from everyone.
I've already made comments on that. And while he might try to keep out of the public eye, I'm not sure that's possible for someone of such high regard. Not with the way nobility and royalty works. If he rules an area, then he can't stick to the shadows. Besides, apparently people knows there's a current Knight of One. If no one knew that, then when Suzaku told Lelouch about it, Lelouch would've said something along the lines of "Who's the Knight of One?" Or, if he didn't know there was one already, he would've asked Suzaku why he hasn't gone after the position yet. But he didn't, which kinda implies that people know there's one already.

Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure he thinks he should be involved such as the matter is - at best he might help from the shadows, but that's all...
Granted, this is too early to tell.

Quote:
Come on, genetics works in strange ways; your daughter might have the hair of your mother or great-grandmother or whatever, for example...
Besides, this is anime; how the hell does a girl get pink hair, pray tell?
Yes, I know its an anime, but that theory doesn't make sense when plenty of the other characters already show genetic similarities, such as Lelouch and Marianne having the same hair color, and Lelouch and Nunnally sharing the same eye color with their mother, and Shirley and her parents having similar blends of hair colors. So why would they throw that out of the window in regards to Kallen? She's not that special.
Old 2008-07-03, 01:06   Link #2154
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I've already made comments on that. And while he might try to keep out of the public eye, I'm not sure that's possible for someone of such high regard. Not with the way nobility and royalty works. If he rules an area, then he can't stick to the shadows. Besides, apparently people knows there's a current Knight of One. If no one knew that, then when Suzaku told Lelouch about it, Lelouch would've said something along the lines of "Who's the Knight of One?" Or, if he didn't know there was one already, he would've asked Suzaku why he hasn't gone after the position yet. But he didn't, which kinda implies that people know there's one already.

I think the news is that people know there is a KoO. All other details are likely faked.
Old 2008-07-03, 01:08   Link #2155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think the news is that people know there is a KoO. All other details are likely faked.
Why would they need to be faked, though? If he's as good as he is, and the Emperor's personal bodyguard, then he doesn't NEED shadows to protect himself, the only ones he has to worry about are any Knights of Rounds that may covet his position. Such as Suzaku.
Old 2008-07-03, 01:10   Link #2156
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Why would they need to be faked, though? If he's as good as he is, and the Emperor's personal bodyguard, then he doesn't NEED shadows to protect himself, the only ones he has to worry about are any Knights of Rounds that may covet his position. Such as Suzaku.
Nothing wrong with being secretive about your best. The rest of the Knights are in the spotlight, but that doesn't mean that the best must follow. The shadows are for Charles's use, not Bismarck's, although I suspect he doesn't like publicity as well.

Also, what other duties can the KoO have? With Charles around...
Old 2008-07-03, 01:10   Link #2157
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
So why would they throw that out of the window in regards to Kallen? She's not that special.
Kallen and Naoto both have ruby-coloured hair. So the hair colour is shared among family members.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 01:14   Link #2158
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I've already made comments on that. And while he might try to keep out of the public eye, I'm not sure that's possible for someone of such high regard. Not with the way nobility and royalty works. If he rules an area, then he can't stick to the shadows.
Which he might or might not actually rule as such... . Do we even have it confirmed that he does? We KNOW that the KoO CAN rile any area he wants, but does he do this...? Anyway, he could have been using a fake identity from the very start as a way of protecting those close to him or something.

Quote:
Besides, apparently people knows there's a current Knight of One. If no one knew that, then when Suzaku told Lelouch about it, Lelouch would've said something along the lines of "Who's the Knight of One?" Or, if he didn't know there was one already, he would've asked Suzaku why he hasn't gone after the position yet. But he didn't, which kinda implies that people know there's one already.
Thye know that there's a KoO. That's about it .

Quote:
Yes, I know its an anime, but that theory doesn't make sense when plenty of the other characters already show genetic similarities, such as Lelouch and Marianne having the same hair color, and Lelouch and Nunnally sharing the same eye color with their mother, and Shirley and her parents having similar blends of hair colors. So why would they throw that out of the window in regards to Kallen? She's not that special.
*shrug*. I don't know. But we do know that sometimes they just don't bother with genetic similarities. As for why, well - it might have been a late idea on their part... or something

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Kallen and Naoto both have ruby-coloured hair. So the hair colour is shared among family members.
Ah, good point - that'd make the red hair a family trait on her mother's side then, I guess.
Old 2008-07-03, 01:23   Link #2159
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Bismark and Stadtfeld are both German if I am not mistaken, Bismark is a famous German battleship from WW2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I thought it was German, but I wasn't going to overstep my bounds on what I actually know.
I realize this isn't a Bismarck thread and it's kind of off topic, but I read this and wanted to throw in a comment.

Bismarck is definitely German and while I'm impressed at the mention of the Bismarck battleship, I think it should be noted that the battleship was named after Otto von Bismarck of Prussia. He was the leader of Prussia and he united the German states into the nation of Germany just prior to World War I. I always thought Bismarck, the Knight of One, got his name from the German war monger.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 01:25   Link #2160
light_water

Quote:

Their eye colors are the same
light_water is offline   Reply With Quote