AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 00:43   Link #10881
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Kumagawa shouldn't have pointed out his star so casually like that, loved his reaction after what Ajimu did.
Old 2012-10-25, 01:13   Link #10882
CrazyPerson

Hah, now I'm wondering how Ajimu took out the star.

Did she use her omnipotent abilities billions of years ago to predict which star Kumagawa would say is his loser star and then destroy that star back then, just so the light from the destroyed star would show up destroyed at the exact timing?

Or maybe her "Lights out" [Star Destruction Ability] lets her send a blast back in time to destroy so it'd time out right.

Or did she destroy the star at the very moment and use her super skills to bring the destroyed light forward from the uncountable distance away just so as she wanted.

She could probably screw with the speed of light and time with the way Nisio wrote things.

-----------------------------

Then I realized it's a dream, so it was all an illusion and no star was destroyed. Only in the recording did it appear to blow up. So nobody (including Kumagawa) should be the least bit impressed. Hell, the peeking thing isn't that impressive either; he was definitely going to do something.

Also, good call with whoever called Fukurou being in the hospital talking with Zen's mom.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:58   Link #10883
kenjtr

i am calling it first zenkichi will gain skill " slient eraser " lol its so ironic that shishime erased ajimu with a rubber band and zenkicihis introduction to shiranui will be his skill .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 03:07   Link #10884
ShiroiRyu

Wow ..
Loser star destroyed ...
But that was good ... this part ...
Old 2012-10-25, 03:25   Link #10885
Gundamx

Lelouch say hi...
+
Cool chapter but what the point of Zenkichi dream?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 04:55   Link #10886
Sol Falling

Awesome chapter. Great interweaving of the plot. And fuck yes, I want to see Kumagawa someday win.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 05:33   Link #10887
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Cool chapter but what the point of Zenkichi dream?
Yea...I don't get it either...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 06:07   Link #10888
Sixth
Hu Tao

As usual, Kumagawa chapter is awesome and I love every seconds of Kumagawa and Anshin's panels. As for Zenkichi, well, it is boring as usual. Why is he even exist yet?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 06:24   Link #10889
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yea...I don't get it either...
Basically, regardless of what Shiranui says, Zenkichi doesn't believe her and he still honors their friendship as real.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 06:44   Link #10890
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Basically, regardless of what Shiranui says, Zenkichi doesn't believe her and he still honors their friendship as real.
I thought that was pretty straight-forward.

But to those of you who simply can't understand what that was all about:

Basically, after Shiranui said what she said, he was seriously doubting if she ever really thought of him as a friend, if every time they were toguether was just a means to an end to get close to Medaka and such, just using him as a bridge.

He speculates that she's bull-shitting him, as he thinks she clearly enjoyed her stay and was happy at Hakoniwa(she only ever talked to you, dumbass. Put the pieces toguether), regardless if she was there for work.

So he had to decide whether he wanted to keep pursing Shiranui or completely abandon their friendship forever.

He decided he dosen't care if she was just using him, because regardless of her feelings, he sees her as his friend.

~~

Finally a good chapter. Thank heavenly God for it - It's like a holy shield or something.

I'm sad that apparently Ajimu is gone for good, but at least it was worth it for the Kumagawa part. It seems Zenkichi's development always happens in introspects, which isn't really a bad thing, they're done very well, and often are the best part of the chapter, like here.

End was kinda gay, though. Ruined the mood.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:08   Link #10891
Qilin
Romanticist

The chapter left behind a strange feeling within me. I always figured that "always losing" was the foundation that formed Kumagawa's fundamental identity as a minus. Like an abnormal with a focus on failure, he is a true human reject. For this reason, he was portrayed as the pinnacle (or lowest point, if you're picky with words) of being a minus.

So thus, I must wonder what will become of Kumagawa's minus once he happens to start tasting success. It was once mentioned that a minus is a product of environment and mental condition, so if the factors that influence it somehow disappear, what would happen to it? Would it simply live on as a memento of past experience or will it vanish into nothing like it did with Munakata's abnormality?

All that said, it was nice to see Kumagawa trying his best to change himself. I'm pretty sure we already got a glimpse of his discontentment back during the end of the minus arc. This chapter definitely manages to make his character more sympathetic.
Old 2012-10-25, 07:32   Link #10892
silvercover
Romance Expert

hey guys, do you think that medaka likely has 3 other siblings not mentioned? her father did marry all the 6 suitors, and as we know he has had a child with 3 so...

as for why they werent introduced yet, they could be abroad/hidden purposely.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:43   Link #10893
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I just think it's a bit of a shame that while Kumagawa got his All Fiction fixed and upgraded with Hundred Gauntlets and a second unknown ability...Zenkichi simply realized that he and Shiranui are really friends no matter what...and nothing else.
I was just expecting him to get something more than just a sudden realization of a truth that was pretty obvious already.

And where the hell is Devil Style? It's been an arc and a half since its introduction and we haven't seen it in effect since then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
hey guys, do you think that medaka likely has 3 other siblings not mentioned? her father did marry all the 6 suitors, and as we know he has had a child with 3 so...

as for why they werent introduced yet, they could be abroad/hidden purposely.
It could be something used in a future arc...Medaka's unknown siblings show up claiming that they are the rightful heads of the Kurokami family and for some reason are as superhuman as Medaka is (by then).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:19   Link #10894
summers

No action but I really liked this chapter, probably because I agree that Kumagawa is a star for losers. He is a born loser than pwned most of class 13 and controls -13.
Zen's was boring because it was a repeat of events, but it gets the whole "is she really my friend" phase out of the way.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:23   Link #10895
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Hah, now I'm wondering how Ajimu took out the star.

Did she use her omnipotent abilities billions of years ago to predict which star Kumagawa would say is his loser star and then destroy that star back then, just so the light from the destroyed star would show up destroyed at the exact timing?

Or maybe her "Lights out" [Star Destruction Ability] lets her send a blast back in time to destroy so it'd time out right.

Or did she destroy the star at the very moment and use her super skills to bring the destroyed light forward from the uncountable distance away just so as she wanted.

She could probably screw with the speed of light and time with the way Nisio wrote things.

-----------------------------

Then I realized it's a dream, so it was all an illusion and no star was destroyed. Only in the recording did it appear to blow up. So nobody (including Kumagawa) should be the least bit impressed. Hell, the peeking thing isn't that impressive either; he was definitely going to do something.

Also, good call with whoever called Fukurou being in the hospital talking with Zen's mom.
I think she could hear and react to what he was saying but lied about it so she would have an excuse to not react and continue talking so he would listen.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:24   Link #10896
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
The chapter left behind a strange feeling within me. I always figured that "always losing" was the foundation that formed Kumagawa's fundamental identity as a minus. Like an abnormal with a focus on failure, he is a true human reject. For this reason, he was portrayed as the pinnacle (or lowest point, if you're picky with words) of being a minus.

So thus, I must wonder what will become of Kumagawa's minus once he happens to start tasting success. It was once mentioned that a minus is a product of environment and mental condition, so if the factors that influence it somehow disappear, what would happen to it? Would it simply live on as a memento of past experience or will it vanish into nothing like it did with Munakata's abnormality?

All that said, it was nice to see Kumagawa trying his best to change himself. I'm pretty sure we already got a glimpse of his discontentment back during the end of the minus arc. This chapter definitely manages to make his character more sympathetic.

I'd say, it's not necessarily the "always losing" condition which is important. Kumagawa's desire to win is his principle character motivation. It's the most central component of his character, so of course I think by the end of the story he will have somehow succeeded in resolving/surpassing it. I think the greater or more permanent significance of Kumagawa's character is like Ajimu said this chapter, that he is a "star of hope for those who know despair". Or back in the climax of his battle against Medaka, where Maguro described him and Medaka as having "different burdens to shoulder". The significant thing about Kumagawa is not that he always loses, but that he knows all-encompassingly the pain of the losers. Because he shares their pain, other people are willing to put their hope into him; and because he understands others' pain, Kumagawa is able to find the strength/will to reach to them.

At heart, moreso than being a loser, what Kumagawa truly is is an ally of the weak. Even if he manages to win someday, I don't think that will ever change about him.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:11   Link #10897
anfera103

I wonder if the engagement between Zen and Medaka is cancelled now that she decided to succeed her father as the head
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:30   Link #10898
Inarius
★★★★★

Spoiler:

hah, with this page Kumagawa is confirmed to win every single char poll till the series ends XD

so I guess this means best girl really is dead QAQ

I just hope hipster-kun will be seen throughout the entire arc and won't just vanish at some point....also hipster-kun's father is a seinenf4g from that page.

From those last pages I take it this is the final arc unless Nisi will bring out another guy even more OP
Old 2012-10-25, 10:02   Link #10899
Homura7

Calling it. Zen is gonna learn the ability "Silent Eraser".
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:06   Link #10900
DawnEmperor

Obvious as it was, I enjoyed Zenkichi's recollection. For me at least, it serves to ask us "what is real", and that sometimes it doesn't matter how we're drawn in. Liked Ajimu's advice as well,

Don't really understand the double standard, both Kumagawa and Zenkichi's scenes were re-affirming what we already knew(though there is the mystery of Kumagawa's other skill). Kumagawa's always going to be fighting to win, and Zenkichi will always put his full idiotic sincerity in what he does.

Spoiler:
]

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-10-26 at 08:41.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council