AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-31, 15:16   Link #41
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I'll alter this quote for a bit for some fun, but it's true. Might be spoiler-ish if anyone tries to figure out what I mean

Yeah. I won't consider having many girls falling for that "unlucky guy", unlucky.

Or he might shout back at us asking him that question with his catchphrase, lamenting about the abundance of girls fitting that question's description around his waist: "FUKOU DA! (This is misfortune!)"

I consider that if he(Touma) didn't notice his evergrowing harem is back luck.
Old 2009-02-01, 07:42   Link #42
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
a certain type of person actually thinks of having a harem around oneself can be misfortunate, if the given person resents the ruckus that comes with it, like Touma whoīs always at the brink of death almost all the time, or ends up in the same hospital room every arc
Old 2009-02-01, 14:56   Link #43
maxikki

do u think his power will grow to the point where his whole body has the same effect as his right hand??or maybe his right hand has the power of destruction, to negate magic and ESPER abilities until he can negate life itself
Old 2009-02-01, 18:08   Link #44
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

i donīt think that his power can extend, it seems more like a bound thing to me, itīs not really an ability that you can extend, try multiplying 0 for example.

or MB
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-02-01, 21:11   Link #45
Ultimate Chicken

Quote:
do u think his power will grow to the point where his whole body has the same effect as his right hand??or maybe his right hand has the power of destruction, to negate magic and ESPER abilities until he can negate life itself
He's at the point where he can actually be considered a Level 5 as it is. I mean, the only negatable thing which gave him trouble is Dragon's Breath. If his entire body behaved like it did when he was dealing with Izzard all the time, he'll have Level 6 IB, only that he'll still be counted as a Level 0 because he can't be gauged. <_<
Old 2009-02-02, 03:57   Link #46
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Touma wouldn't be eligible for a level 1+ status anyway, his ability isn't psychic in origin. I for one believe the psychic levels are determined by control, i.e. how much mastery the psychic has over his/her own reality. If this is true, Touma would still be level 0 because he has no control over his hand except to direct it at stuff.

He's a bright kid and a fair fighter with a heart of gold and a disgusting powerful yet inflexible ability. A good rounding of positives and negatives.

So, my question, to ye of the novel stock. Not too deep in the spoilers...I just want numbers and names.

Who constitutes Touma's harem, officially? I don't just mean the people he's into, I mean the people who are into him.

Mikoto, the Misakas and Index of course. But anyone else? Only people shown thus far in the anime please...if said people have not been show, just say how many more get tallied onto his scorecard.
Old 2009-02-02, 13:01   Link #47
VooXoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i donīt think that his power can extend, it seems more like a bound thing to me, itīs not really an ability that you can extend, try multiplying 0 for example.

or MB
Spoiler for spoiler:
Is true?
Interesting, that change all.

Maybe Touma IS unlucky with girls........index, biribiri and the clones are all younger than him, the moment he try something the FBI van smash the wall and him is in jail for pedo.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:26   Link #48
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^ thatīs just an assumption
Old 2009-02-03, 10:19   Link #49
Ultimate Chicken

Um, hello, Touma's like only 15, a minor w/ a minor is questionable but NOT pedo. <_<
Old 2009-02-04, 02:26   Link #50
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Chicken View Post
Um, hello, Touma's like only 15, a minor w/ a minor is questionable but NOT pedo. <_<

Touma's 15? I thought he was like, 16-17 or something, somewhat a sophomore in his high school.

In my opinion: Else he won't call Biribiri (Mikoto Misaka) as a "middle-school girl". 15 is like, a senior in his/her final year of middle high.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-05, 21:09   Link #51
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Touma's 15? I thought he was like, 16-17 or something, somewhat a sophomore in his high school.

In my opinion: Else he won't call Biribiri (Mikoto Misaka) as a "middle-school girl". 15 is like, a senior in his/her final year of middle high.
I'm pretty sure Touma is 1st year High School and Misaka is 3rd year Middle School. I could be wrong. So she's younger than him, but not by much. Also, depending on when your birthday is you can be 15 in 1st year High School (and 3rd year Middle School). It's not like everyone's birthday is aligned with the school year.
Old 2009-02-06, 07:38   Link #52
eiyuu99

(From http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki)
Touma is in high school (学園都市の第7学区の学生寮に住む高校生)
Mikoto is a 14-year-old middle schooler (学園都市の名門お嬢様学校の常盤台中学に通う14歳)

One can be a normal high schooler and be 15, if one has yet to celebrate its birthday.
Old 2009-02-08, 23:20   Link #53
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I consider that if he(Touma) didn't notice his evergrowing harem is back luck.
Well in way it is bad luck. Everybody else is thinking he is building an army or organization of Espers and Magicians.

Now he is included in the Most Wanted Dead or Alive list.
Old 2009-02-21, 05:02   Link #54
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Chicken View Post
He's at the point where he can actually be considered a Level 5 as it is. I mean, the only negatable thing which gave him trouble is Dragon's Breath. If his entire body behaved like it did when he was dealing with Izzard all the time, he'll have Level 6 IB, only that he'll still be counted as a Level 0 because he can't be gauged. <_<
yes! i second this one... he really should be called a lvl 5 in his stage... but also the author has a point for ESPERs that cant evolve or develop their abilities are lvl 0... and that's the case of our hero.... also like his friend tsuchi-san. But lvl 0 or what... he really is the best!

nut with the Izzard incident... i think your a little bit wrong... what i know about that part is Touma used Izzard's ability to destroy the user. Touma didn't used imagine breaker in that time, you know he's right hand a.k.a. IB was cut off by the alchemist's blade right? Izzard's ability is to make his thoughts existing and when he though of Touma as a monster... Touma became a monster.... well, that is how I understand it... maybe im also wrong hehe

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Old 2009-02-21, 05:09   Link #55
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well in way it is bad luck. Everybody else is thinking he is building an army or organization of Espers and Magicians.

Now he is included in the Most Wanted Dead or Alive list.

well... i guess it doesn't matter even they have a big age gap... the thing is... its all for the anime's goodness....

and also i love that kind of relations
*perverted eyes glowing*

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Old 2009-02-23, 00:50   Link #56
ZeroForever

random side thought.... shouldn't his parents get notified whenever he gets hospitalized (kinda how it works in the real world when they have information on who you are).

sooo his parents never getting informed about his various near fatal injuries just a terrible plot hole or do they have a decent explanation for it?
Old 2009-02-23, 05:39   Link #57
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
random side thought.... shouldn't his parents get notified whenever he gets hospitalized (kinda how it works in the real world when they have information on who you are).

sooo his parents never getting informed about his various near fatal injuries just a terrible plot hole or do they have a decent explanation for it?
Remember, not many know people Academy city exist despite the fact it's located west of Tokyo. This secret city is the home of studying psychic powers and new gen technology. Outsiders like normal people or mage are not allowed to come in there unless they have permission. Remember episode 15, when the Anti-skill officer at the checkpoint was checking for Index's ID. It clearly shows unless you a citizen of the city, your not coming in.

So i think the city officials don't bother telling his parents unless he was dead. They have more important problems to deal with like rogue psychics or spies.
Old 2009-02-23, 13:40   Link #58
ZeroForever

it wouldn't be the city officials doing the calling, more along the lines of normal hospital procedure (even if the hospital clearly isn't normal, though as he does get visited by his family later on in the hospital they clearly don't prevent them from visiting), and clearly his dad knows about the City if the conversations with him are any indication.
Old 2009-02-24, 17:49   Link #59
Miraluka
Banned

Talking about Toma last name, did some noticed the kanjis?? 神上[Kamijou] and 神浄[Kamijou].
Old 2009-02-24, 22:48   Link #60
longshot

from what i've seen of Touma

Abilities- none
Unique ability- imagine breaker, hand to hand combat ( street fighting )
allies: Index, Aisa, Kamoe, Kaori, Stiyl, Misaka, Tsuchimikado, Tsukuyomi
love interest-?????

interesting fact: he seems to get attention from more girls than other anime main character i've seen, attention coming from them either trying to kill him, surprising him, or him saving them from some kind of trouble.

i still wonder though who are the girls in love with him i have some ideas but that isn't many i still wonder though how many he can get
Closed Thread