Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-26, 00:21   Link #221
Wandering Soul

Now we have started best girl's arc.
Old 2016-01-26, 00:47   Link #222
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Was episode two really that bad? I haven't read the source material but it didn't feel that rushed to me at all.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 00:58   Link #223
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Then enlighten me. You had him getting tricked their date and then introduction of Raiser 2.0 any DxD fan gets the reference.

Well Regardless it feels as though they're going the World Break route 2 episodes per volume hit the major parts and go from there.
come to the LN thread and i'd be more then happy to. not gonna risk a ban with these intense spoiler rules

edit- my response is already up.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2016-01-26 at 01:22.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 01:22   Link #224
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Then enlighten me. You had him getting tricked their date and then introduction of Raiser 2.0 any DxD fan gets the reference.

Well Regardless it feels as though they're going the World Break route 2 episodes per volume hit the major parts and go from there.
im surprised you dont read this from the get go o.o but yea better go to the LN thread for stuff like this
Old 2016-01-26, 01:47   Link #225
XFire
150% done

I'm going to make a suggestion for the LN readers (of which I am one).....forget the source material. They aren't doing that bad a job, honestly, mostly just cutting things that were basically side material. While it means the characters aren't nearly as fleshed out, it also means we get to see all of the actually important stuff faster.

Them leaving out Lisha and her drill was an unforgivable sin though
Old 2016-01-26, 01:54   Link #226
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm going to make a suggestion for the LN readers (of which I am one).....forget the source material. They aren't doing that bad a job, honestly, mostly just cutting things that were basically side material. While it means the characters aren't nearly as fleshed out, it also means we get to see all of the actually important stuff faster.

Them leaving out Lisha and her drill was an unforgivable sin though
come to the LN thread and see my response to imperialflame and see if you still believe that. a certain point you have stop doing damage control,and just acknowledge the butchering.
Old 2016-01-26, 08:32   Link #227
-Breakthrough-

@ LN readers ::

I understand if the anime's rushed / cuts out things in respect to its source material (I read up volume 2 recently, major shame about what didn't make the episode because I'm loving Krulucifer so far) but I'm pretty sure people are allowed to enjoy the anime too without having to be reminded 24/7 about what got cut or not. Again, I don't agree with things getting cut out for no reason aside rushing / saving time but why spoil people's enjoyment? I agree that some of the pacing / story choices are pretty poor so far in this adaption (volume 1 being really rushed into two episodes) but often these things are often done with the LN author / publisher's approval like it or not.

I'm not saying this further justifies the rush mess we got in the first two episodes but at the end of the day, these LN anime are basically just gateways to the novels. This is why we have such a huge saturated amount of battle harem LN based shows during the past few years. Pretty sure otaku in Japan KNOW by default that no matter how much an anime tries to decently pace an LN (i.e. Overlord which did like 4-5 episodes a volume and even then people complained about how scenes were portrayed and how some things weren't elaborated on, Mondaiji and Highschool DxD which did like 5 episodes into one volume), things are still going to get cut out. It's a similar argument to "the book's better" in regards to movies that adapt them. In some way or in some little form, things may be cut out or shortened. Granted, again, this doesn't justify what could be poor story choices but just saying.

If you want to express critique over how much of a bad job they're doing with the pacing by far, then sure as long as it's constructive (which it has been so far). Just I'm pretty sure people are allowed to enjoy it regardless if it's badly paced or not. While I'm not a huge fan of what was apparently cut out, I found episode 3 okay compared to 2.

Also, rushed mess or not, I find the animation / character designs better (and well adopted for the latter in respect to the original LN illustrations) compared to AMA (biggest comparison I've seen so far).
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 10:27   Link #228
Shlugo

Even though Krucifer didn't leave much of an impression in the first two episodes, I was willing to put that on the rushed adaptation, since I've heard much good about her and her arc. This was... disappointing to say the least. Krucifer is nothing special really, a bit boring girl, and her arc is just the Boyfriend Bluff scenario, complete with engagement to some douchebag noble that creeps all over her and general is just there to be hateful. The episode felt dragged out for the most part, and it felt like they added the attack by Empire loyalists just so there could be some action in it.

Funny thing that even in an arc focused on another girl Lishe was still the best part of the episode; all the really entertaining parts focused on her.

Also, the jump between the last episode and this one is pretty weird. It ended with Lux using Bahamut in front of Lishe and others, but this episode treats this as an afterthought barely worth mentioning, and instead jumps right back harem hijinks.

Oh and for some reason Lux voice sounds different.

6/10 episode, just okay nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

In other ways I'm still baffled at Lisha's actions. I can get some interest, but shouldn't she have more concern and focus on her station? Lux is a prince of the old empire, that should be as off-limits for a romantic partner as possible. Wouldn't that be as big a political "no" as possible for her? This is a new empire trying to establish itself. All kind of weird signals thrown out there if she gets involved with a prince of the old empire.
Actually it's the opposite - marrying Lux would help legitimize the new dynasty, since Lux holds the claim of the Old Empire (even if he has no desire to pursue it), joining with Lisha would pretty much cut the head of any reactionary movements in the future. Stuff like that was pretty common through the ages.

Last edited by Shlugo; 2016-01-26 at 10:38.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 10:59   Link #229
RDNexus

I guess it's because of opinions like yours to how the events of Vol02 got portrayed that LN readers are raging to the adaption.
Things like cutting a lot of small scenes with Krulcifer and giving a bit more of screentime to Lisha... Or something like this
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 11:07   Link #230
Sacredus

Just imagine, how bad this adaptation must be, to someone call Krulcifer boring
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 12:34   Link #231
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
snip
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I guess it's because of opinions like yours to how the events of Vol02 got portrayed that LN readers are raging to the adaption.
Things like cutting a lot of small scenes with Krulcifer and giving a bit more of screentime to Lisha... Or something like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Just imagine, how bad this adaptation must be, to someone call Krulcifer boring
this sequence of posts right here is what i'm getting at @breakthrough.

what is sad is that i like lisha but the anime is making her seem like even more of a jealous loser. that scene where she's like "lol we held hands" was so cringe. it's the like the whole room broke the forth wall and realized how stupid the directing was.
Old 2016-01-26, 12:47   Link #232
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Even though Krucifer didn't leave much of an impression in the first two episodes, I was willing to put that on the rushed adaptation, since I've heard much good about her and her arc. This was... disappointing to say the least. Krucifer is nothing special really, a bit boring girl, and her arc is just the Boyfriend Bluff scenario, complete with engagement to some douchebag noble that creeps all over her and general is just there to be hateful. The episode felt dragged out for the most part, and it felt like they added the attack by Empire loyalists just so there could be some action in it.

Funny thing that even in an arc focused on another girl Lishe was still the best part of the episode; all the really entertaining parts focused on her.

Also, the jump between the last episode and this one is pretty weird. It ended with Lux using Bahamut in front of Lishe and others, but this episode treats this as an afterthought barely worth mentioning, and instead jumps right back harem hijinks.

Oh and for some reason Lux voice sounds different.

6/10 episode, just okay nothing more.

Actually it's the opposite - marrying Lux would help legitimize the new dynasty, since Lux holds the claim of the Old Empire (even if he has no desire to pursue it), joining with Lisha would pretty much cut the head of any reactionary movements in the future. Stuff like that was pretty common through the ages.
Yeah...I don't buy that one. This is a person basically enslaved by an entire nation. You cannot get further down on the totem poll than he is right now. Plus he's the heir of an Empire that apparently was universally reviled. Outside of those members of the Empire that survived and want their power back, doesn't sound like anyone misses what was basically Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia.

That general things has happened at times through history, but it sure as heck wasn't common. I certainly don't recall a lot of female ruled Empires deciding to marry fallen royal members and making them King. Nor do I think it would apply at all to this situation. As much as legitimizing a new rule, it could spark another civil war. People didn't fight to overthrow the Old Empire just to put a member of that royal family on the throne anyways.
Old 2016-01-26, 14:22   Link #233
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Breakthrough- View Post
...I understand if the anime's rushed / cuts out things in respect to its source material...but I'm pretty sure people are allowed to enjoy the anime too without having to be reminded 24/7 about what got cut or not. Again, I don't agree with things getting cut out for no reason aside rushing / saving time but why spoil people's enjoyment...?
Thank you. As an anime-only viewer of this and many other shows, the discussions on AS are often a big downer for me, as people who love the manga spend all their time complaining about what got left out, rather than enjoying the anime for what it is. Anyway, I'm not sure how Krulcifer could be called boring. Quite the opposite, for me. Maybe I'd better read some manga to get the contrast.

This is not the most wonderful show in the world, but I'm enjoying it. I agree that the evolution of the plot is fairly ramshackle, possibly from having to leave things out to keep the show within the number of episodes budgeted for. I accept that necessity as a reality of the anime business, and in this and many other cases it doesn't bother me.

And some of the voice-work is good -- as you'd expect with Aketagawa Jin as the sound director -- Tamura Mutsumi (the woman who plays Lux), Fujii Yukiyo (Krulcifer), Ozawa Ari (Airi). But Kubo Yurika (Pholuffy) and Lynn (Lisesharte) sound pretty rocky to me: overplayed without making the humour of that work. Maybe they will settle in as the show goes on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 14:24   Link #234
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
come to the LN thread and see my response to imperialflame and see if you still believe that. a certain point you have stop doing damage control,and just acknowledge the butchering.
Saw it. Didn't really think any of that mattered. I'm watching this with a friend who doesn't read LN (the philistine) and he liked it just fine.

The only people that stuff matters to is the LN readers, who already have access to all the stuff "Left out".
Old 2016-01-26, 16:05   Link #235
Hakuro
Banned

I'm very surprised about this situation with Lerche.

Their last work Monster Musume - correct me if I'm wrong - was almost perfectly made, they followed the manga chapter by chapter just moving one of them to other place so they can show all the girls before the anime ends and give some screentime to other characters - like MON squad - and now we have the opposite situation with bahamut, an adaptation so badly made that is painfully to watch sometimes.

Yes I agree episode 3 was better than the first 2 but that doesn't change the fact Lerche is killing this on purpose. Giving a look to the stalker points - even if is too early - and the rankings on Nico Nico - polls with more than 200K viewers - Bahamut is doing a "below average" work, and I must say the adaptation is failing to the point is gonna be with Phantom World at the bottom of the list.

I know this is not SHAFT or Sunrise to ask for a almost-perfect adaptation but seriously if some studio pick up certain Light Novel at least do a decent job even if the story do not capture the attention of the viewers, Lerche must be ashamed of this crap.
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 16:47   Link #236
KnightShade

on the bright side it at least looks nice. and @kaoru, i do agree that the VA's have been good, though yes phi-chans is too dry and lisha's is to whiny.

the biggest surprise is lux's VA, she's no where near as bad as i thought should would be in this role. it's kinda like i forgot that these types of VA roles have worked before, see tommy from rugrats or dexter from dexters laboratory.
Old 2016-01-26, 17:48   Link #237
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Lerche is killing this on purpose.
Woah there, being overdramatic much? Lerche isn't doing a stellar job adaptation wise as people hoped? Perhaps. Killing this on purpose? Now it's just reached overdramatic levels. Their adaption choices aren't exactly the best but anime production doesn't involve just "trying to kill this on purpose". Production takes time, money, etc in general. Why they'd spend that much to kill an LN's reputation is stupid. I mentioned this earlier but again, these things are usually done in coordination with authors / publishers.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 17:57   Link #238
The 48th Ronin

I'm not exactly enraged but, what the hell Lerche? You're doing the exact opposite of what you do to Ass Class.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 18:23   Link #239
Hakuro
Banned

@-Breakthrough-

When a studio does an awful adaptation like this one, that can be product of 2 things, you have low budget so they do something fast and easy to earn some money or they are just being lazy. On Bahamut's case is the second one, Lerche is being lazy so that is on purpose.

Now why I say this? is because when you look at Monmusume for example the studio worked along with the author (Okayado) to change the manga on some chapters so they can fit the story in a good way. This is a very rare practice nowadays and if you think all adaptations are made working alon with the author/publishers then you know nothing.

I really doubt the author of Bahamut agrees with rushing an entire volume in 2 episodes, or cut a good part of Krulcifer's arc on volume 2. I'm not a fan of this, I don't like it too much but this adaptation is just a bad joke specially for the real fans.
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 18:35   Link #240
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to remind everyone to be constructive with your opinions and stop with the finger-pointing and whining about what's been left in/out of the anime ADAPTATION.

In regards to why the studio's ADAPTATION is different from a previous ADAPTATION, is probably because the production committee is totally different and thus, have different goals for this ADAPTATION (for better or worse).

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha