AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-06, 12:19   Link #61
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There's a lot of anime characters like Rokuro. And there's a lot of anime characters like Benio. But I honestly can't think of many anime shows that have both of these character types, and in the male/female lead roles to boot.

That, for me, is what's most promising about Episode 1 - Watching a loud hot-blooded male shounen hero type work against/alongside a cool clinical kuudere with steely resolve and precision professionalism. That combo offers a lot of potential, I think, and could well end up being the core of a very good show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
We saw on the train that they can manifest to at least some degree, but more importantly, we know they can abduct people from our world. If Benio let one get away, it could wander off somewhere and grab another victim, possibly her beloved Uncle Ben who told her that with great power comes great responsibility, and then she'd have to spend the rest of the series being all emo like Rokuro, and that would just be too much.
Excellent post. I think that justifies Benio's actions at both an in-canon and meta level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The childhood friend will get blown the F out in this one, haha service these cockblocking scum right. Anyway for the people that hate harem (like me) you will enjoy this series very much, we will get our official couple established very soon.
That's tremendously encouraging. Since yeah, like you, I hate harem. I don't mind a simple love triangle, but I'll also gladly take a straightforward romance without silly harem shenanigans.
Old 2016-04-06, 12:20   Link #62
RDNexus

@DevilHighDxD: Thanks for the intel. Thank goodness it was less than I thought, I barely remember Ch01 and I'm not feeling like checking it out now.

Btw, they were also 14 in the Manga at first?

And the original character is with Benio? What for? Why? WTH is it's role in the story? Dear goodness...
Old 2016-04-06, 12:26   Link #63
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's tremendously encouraging. Since yeah, like you, I hate harem. I don't mind a simple love triangle, but I'll also gladly take a straightforward romance without silly harem shenanigans.
It does have a bit of harem though. Fortunately, the aspect of the show doesn't get too much focus. But yeah, I certainly could do without it.

Tags
harem, not harem, shounen