AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-10, 10:58   Link #141
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
Then Shaddup!! i know the plot already, I can predict who was standing behind Yuri. How the story will flow etc.

this is Fantasy! it means to be unrealistic!

I have enough of this rant about how this should be done. How that should be happen. reading rant like this only kill my cell brain more than GT did.

"Welp if you don't like it just don't read it".. is as simple as that..
and that goes to me too, why I wasting my precious time trolling others damnit!!!

oh btw I don't want to spoil you.

Spoiler for why I do this:

I will quote this post for future use...
my prediction is not 100% accurate

shaddup rantaid your rant is usseless for me. we know you don't like this story. in fact almost your post in other story is about flaw in story. did you feel great after you found a flaw in story? wow you should apply for editor job mate...
Even fantasy stories have a degree of realism. I agree that the story's poorly written.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 12:39   Link #142
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
Then Shaddup!! i know the plot already, I can predict who was standing behind Yuri. How the story will flow etc.

this is Fantasy! it means to be unrealistic!

I have enough of this rant about how this should be done. How that should be happen. reading rant like this only kill my cell brain more than GT did.

"Welp if you don't like it just don't read it".. is as simple as that..
and that goes to me too, why I wasting my precious time trolling others damnit!!!
gosh, chillax. I aint shutting you up just cos u like playing minesweeper on simple now am I? i'm just wondering why so many are still reading it even tho the plot's all out for every1 with greater than half a brain to see. And I'm not even gripping bout realism here any more either, considering the cardboard characters pretty much nuked any little notion of post-modernism I have. I told u alrdy, I stopped reading it alrdy so your rant didn't apply in the 1st place, now would u kindly tell me wat keeps you reading? *put on labcoat, draws a chair and start taking notes*
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 13:20   Link #143
streakingzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
gosh, chillax. I aint shutting you up just cos u like playing minesweeper on simple now am I? i'm just wondering why so many are still reading it even tho the plot's all out for every1 with greater than half a brain to see. And I'm not even gripping bout realism here any more either, considering the cardboard characters pretty much nuked any little notion of post-modernism I have. I told u alrdy, I stopped reading it alrdy so your rant didn't apply in the 1st place, now would u kindly tell me wat keeps you reading? *put on labcoat, draws a chair and start taking notes*
Some people like to read predictable story because its calming and relaxing. Not everyone like complicated, complex, or unpredictable stories. Sometimes, what matters is the journey instead of the destination.Sure it might be too predictable but then some will enjoy how it will be done. Insulting a story for its predictability and the readers too is honestly a jerkass thing to do.

Okay you stopped reading it, but then why are you still here complaining and whining? Unless annoying other readers is what you intended to do, I see no reason for you to keep being here. Nobody forces you to stay here. If you want to know how many people still reading it, you don't need to be so provocative and demeaning in asking. And no need to act intellectual and scholarly. We are not a patient in your psychiatric session.
streakingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 22:13   Link #144
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Even fantasy stories have a degree of realism. I agree that the story's poorly written.
Every story outside there has some degree of poorly written.

Quote:
if you stop reading it why you still rant about it? it seems to me you still read it.. stop reading and stop ranting.

I'm reading because I Like it. why you ask again? you asking same question again and again. oh okay I read it because it's easy read. noo need using your brain. the plot is predictable.

I read it because I like it..
Old 2016-08-10, 23:42   Link #145
Enternal

Hahaha. I'm reading it because it's relaxing and just plain fun to read without the need to think too much. There are also stories that require a lot of thinking and I enjoyed those as well. It just depends on my mood which one I want to read.

What I'm curious is what's the story like with an actual editor. The released volumes of 1 and 2 should be quite different compared to the web novel version. Either way, I enjoyed it enough that I ended up buying all the released volumes. Now I just need to save up to buy the batches for Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Haken no Kouki Altina. Those were a a fun read too.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 02:22   Link #146
pervypig

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakingzero View Post
Okay you stopped reading it, but then why are you still here complaining and whining? Unless annoying other readers is what you intended to do, I see no reason for you to keep being here. Nobody forces you to stay here. If you want to know how many people still reading it, you don't need to be so provocative and demeaning in asking. And no need to act intellectual and scholarly. We are not a patient in your psychiatric session.
Ara, ara... someone's annoyed...

Quote:
if you stop reading it why you still rant about it? it seems to me you still read it.. stop reading and stop ranting.
As I said, u guys relly need to chill out... I'm not shutting u up for liking what imho is a crappy story, like you are trying to shut me up. People do all kinds of funny things for a ton of funny reasons, and it's not for me to judge who's dumb and who's not. Besides, IF it turns out really better in the later volumes, I won't know cos I'm not reading it already. Well, call it from a purely academic pt of view, but I'm genuinely interested in wat keeps people reading these kind of things. Why, u ask? Well, if this kinda stuff relly sells, who cares wat crap it is! I might even copy the author and write a sequel!
Old 2016-08-11, 02:59   Link #147
streakingzero

Quote:

As I said, u guys relly need to chill out... I'm not shutting u up for liking what imho is a crappy story, like you are trying to shut me up. People do all kinds of funny things for a ton of funny reasons, and it's not for me to judge who's dumb and who's not. Besides, IF it turns out really better in the later volumes, I won't know cos I'm not reading it already. Well, call it from a purely academic pt of view, but I'm genuinely interested in wat keeps people reading these kind of things. Why, u ask? Well, if this kinda stuff relly sells, who cares wat crap it is! I might even copy the author and write a sequel!
Yes, I am annoyed. 3 people already replied to your question, so you should know the answer already."Academic point of view" pfft, there is nothing academic in your manner of asking. Like I said, no need to act scholarly or intellectual, when you keep repeating yourself like broken record.

It might get better later, or not. Or it might get worse. That's up to individual readers to decide.

Okay so you think the story is crappy. That the characters are flat, That the plot is too predictable. That the writing is bad. There is lack of character development

Duly noted. Any other complain about the story that you want to whine about? That you want readers that visit this thread to know?
streakingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 03:46   Link #148
rantaid

whoa man...! even i already forgot i read this once.....

@Moe Connection

too lazy to make username and membership.... :P but i try to bookmark and looky lo~ lurk around before made one. had too many account lazy to remember them la! i already got email, animesuki, fanfiction.net and fictionpress... me so damn la to remember them all, my memory no good, no good. Thanks btw.

@Prongs

well, if you want complain.... a medieval based setting story without rape and female abuse is a big BS. but i would settle for rape. do we have the possibility of rape in the future? i never expect Game of Throne politics from this wn :P but having rape is welcomed i guess, make it more subtly realistic for this story.
or... "Tell them to eat Brioche, mon ami~!" :P

@pervypig

my reason to keep reading these (though i tad forgotten about this :P) ? to expand my knowledge on any material that have great potential for Netorare, Rape, Blackmail, Cheating doujin. I always tell myself to "Learn without satiety and Teach without weary"
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 13:30   Link #149
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
well, if you want complain.... a medieval based setting story without rape and female abuse is a big BS. but i would settle for rape. do we have the possibility of rape in the future? i never expect Game of Throne politics from this wn :P but having rape is welcomed i guess, make it more subtly realistic for this story.

@pervypig

my reason to keep reading these (though i tad forgotten about this :P) ? to expand my knowledge on any material that have great potential for Netorare, Rape, Blackmail, Cheating doujin. I always tell myself to "Learn without satiety and Teach without weary"
Woah woah woah there. What is this?! Considering this is a shoujo-styled light novel with obviously very shoujo-styled art, no way there won't be such things. Besides, I'm reading it not for those things anyway lol. So no there BETTER not be those things. If I want those things, I would go back to Game of Thrones or other dark fantasy.

Anyways, from what I can tell, the time period the story seems to take place more modern than medieval though. Probably at least the 17th century though at times it feels closer to the 18th.

Quote:
Naw. I rather say that it's different than poorly written. It's more similar to Akagami no Shirayuki. Basically a fantasy setting in quite a romanticized and mostly ideal kingdom. Very different than stuff like Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin, Berserk, or Madan no Ou to Vanadis. It isn't meant to be realistic in terms of the settings. I mean, the fact that this kingdom is the same exact kingdom in the otome game she played before she died should tell you. And that specifically to me is something I also quite like from the more usual dark medieval stuff I read. And from my opinion, it's well written from that point since it knows what it wants to be from the getgo.

Last edited by Enternal; 2016-08-11 at 13:42.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 00:26   Link #150
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Woah woah woah there. What is this?! Considering this is a shoujo-styled light novel with obviously very shoujo-styled art, no way there won't be such things. Besides, I'm reading it not for those things anyway lol. So no there BETTER not be those things. If I want those things, I would go back to Game of Thrones or other dark fantasy.

Anyways, from what I can tell, the time period the story seems to take place more modern than medieval though. Probably at least the 17th century though at times it feels closer to the 18th.

Naw. I rather say that it's different than poorly written. It's more similar to Akagami no Shirayuki. Basically a fantasy setting in quite a romanticized and mostly ideal kingdom. Very different than stuff like Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin, Berserk, or Madan no Ou to Vanadis. It isn't meant to be realistic in terms of the settings. I mean, the fact that this kingdom is the same exact kingdom in the otome game she played before she died should tell you. And that specifically to me is something I also quite like from the more usual dark medieval stuff I read. And from my opinion, it's well written from that point since it knows what it wants to be from the getgo.
I think it's okay to tell a more simplistic story in a manga/anime platform,but not good enough if it's a novel.One of the thriving points about novels is that they are extremely detailed in depth.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 08:48   Link #151
dragon1412

Quote:
I think it's okay to tell a more simplistic story in a manga/anime platform,but not good enough if it's a novel.One of the thriving points about novels is that they are extremely detailed in depth.
I see the problem a bit different, in my case, it's not the problem of novels or manga, but rather the theme, once the author actually bringing in the financial situation as main theme, expect a lot of problem, and author simplify it didn't help. For example, when talking about the banks, There is always the issue with trust and movement of the cash flow, leaving cash flow aside, there is almost no problem with Trust arise when the bank etablished is clearly a problem here.

It's like Entrenal said, the story is too ... ideal - but yeah, i could still enjoy the story despite some of it's flaw.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 09:13   Link #152
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:

because I like it.. as for reason. read the story... noo need to explain a thing that even idiot like me could understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
whoa man...! even i already forgot i read this once.....

@Prongs

is not bull shit it just you bullshitting everyone. mocking anyone intelligence. it seems to me you deriberately doing that to annoy everyone.

medieval story with rape? go read
re'monster
oukouku e tsuzuku michi
Chikyuu Tenseisha no Koroshikata
himekishi ga classmate
etc instead reading this story.
Old 2016-08-12, 17:18   Link #153
Xacual

The biggest issue I had with the story was the making schooling for kids compulsory. That should have caused huge ripples since in that kind of era kids of those ages would have all been working for their families as basically unpaid labor. But there was no problem whatsoever. Iris said do it and it was done.

I enjoy the story too but the author really simplifies over some topics way too much.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 21:01   Link #154
yulinard

Because different value.

At that point of history peasant have less working hour but their children are put under apprenticeship for their future career, making being literate not that important.

It pretty consistent so far in my opinion, if you want all your subject are able to read.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 22:56   Link #155
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
Because different value.

At that point of history peasant have less working hour but their children are put under apprenticeship for their future career, making being literate not that important.

It pretty consistent so far in my opinion, if you want all your subject are able to read.
not really work, apprenticeship is a form of working, where they are essentially working for free in exchange of getting taught. Point is, they still produce somethings, not really a full blown education like our system. Like Xacual said, it's a form of unpaid labor.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 01:47   Link #156
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
not really work, apprenticeship is a form of working, where they are essentially working for free in exchange of getting taught. Point is, they still produce somethings, not really a full blown education like our system. Like Xacual said, it's a form of unpaid labor.
Taxation already reduced for the working class so they don't have to produce extra to support them self, freeing their kids so they can be literate. Also in the novel also mentioned other form of knowledge transfer like apothecary and other stuff.

And this kind of reform need to be forced if the population dont know its value. Just like how potato introduced to europe at gun point.

So in short she want the kids to have free time for school, she reduce the tax. She also have the power to do so as the highest governing body of her land.

My only problem is 2 years of time skip which the writer probably dont want to go full detail about the reform.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 02:30   Link #157
pervypig

And so the replies to my pseudo-academic question end up riling up again how unrealistic the story really is... *sigh* There you go, I never did insulted anyone's intelligence once in my threads, even if they did find an ideal shoujo story entertaining. Looks like I really should read it if only to see what keeps em coming...
Old 2016-08-13, 02:36   Link #158
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yo pervy, you can criticize something, I do too (lol), but you should not tell people to stop reading. That's foul play mate~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 02:43   Link #159
pervypig

^pervytiger, I won't and I can't stop pple from reading wat they like. And if u followed the threads, you'd realise I was the one that got shuddup shoved on my face 1st, never once did I insult anyone except to tell em to chill. Besides, telling pple to stop reading is more counterproductive than telling them to start reading, if 10yrs of compulsory education told me anything.
Old 2016-08-13, 02:57   Link #160
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That makes sense
So you're making use of people rebellious spirit to make them read by telling them otherwise!
somehow familiar MO... wait, I did that with Death March lol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote