AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2017-06-27, 13:25   Link #1
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

ASUS Celeron from win8.1 to 10, much less battery life

I upgraded my 2015 parents' laptop, an ASUS F553M with a Celeron N2830 CPU and Windows 8.1, to Windows 10 right before the free win10 expiring date about a year ago.

With Win 8.1 they could get about four or five hours of battery with normal browsing and a dim screen setting. But ever since I upgraded to win10 they complained that the autonomy decreased a lot, now it barely reaches 2 hours with the dimmest screen setting, all energy saving options and background programs disabled.

I've tested win10 and it's not even that much faster compared to 8.1 like Microsoft promised, so I'm very disappointed. My problem is that I can't return to 8.1 because the two months trial period after changing to 10 is long gone.

Since I'd have to reinstall a full win8.1 (by whatever means), I had another idea: how about win7? Reported security issues aside, considering it's a Celeron CPU, maybe there could be further battery life gains with 7 than even 8.1?

What I also find weird is that a friend of mine owns an ASUS A541UJ-57A92PB3 with a 7th generation Intel i5 CPU and he claims he manages more than 3 hours of battery life with normal use. So what gives?...
Old 2017-06-27, 19:32   Link #2
IceHism

Lithium-ion batteries lose charge over time. A Celeron is basically netbook tier so the battery probably couldn't even hold that much to begin with. If they use Google chrome, that also kills battery pretty hard and it only gets bloatier and bloatier every year.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 05:34   Link #3
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Lithium-ion batteries lose charge over time. A Celeron is basically netbook tier so the battery probably couldn't even hold that much to begin with. If they use Google chrome, that also kills battery pretty hard and it only gets bloatier and bloatier every year.
The thing is the battery autonomy decreased the moment I changed to 10, I can't believe the battery had degradated so quickly.

Tags
asus, battery, life, win10, win8.1