AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 63 71.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 23.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-14, 00:17   Link #41
solomon

@sage

I think we can all agree that the story is largely paint by numbers and you can add the character development to that as well. However, the characters them selves are so broadly appealing that I think the staff gets away with it.

More generally, I am glad to see I'm not the only one that thought this ep ruled especially in comparison to the more meh previous episodes. It's interesting, there's nothing revolutionary here storywise (anyone with half a brain can call what Nui is all about) but the execution and build up of everything is just IMPECCABLE. Everything is set just right for a big ass epic battle (which is really all anyone really wanted) with some kickass characters.

Oh and I wanted to yell out at the TOP OF MY FREAKING LUNGS at the second coming of FIGHT CLUB MAKO...............but I have a sore throat.......
Old 2014-03-14, 00:42   Link #42
XFire
150% done

After re-watching, I've decided on my favorite line. (Not counting the sister one.)

"I'm not your springboard!"
Old 2014-03-14, 01:13   Link #43
Death Usagi
Banned

I seriously loved Nui's reactions today 8D
Old 2014-03-14, 01:15   Link #44
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I swear, Senketsu's the cutest character in this entire show.
Old 2014-03-14, 01:38   Link #45
BoyTitan

Some one get this dust out my eye I swear i am not crying or anything.

Also fack yea finally combat spec mako is back the true hero of the series.

Also this character development is not a death flag for Satsuki it is needed Satsuki was never a villain she was always just the 2nd protagonist of this show. If she was not the 2nd prog yea she would die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Ok, I think this episode hinted who Senketsu might be. Soichiro himself Or maybe at least having Some connection with him ( maybe through blood or other) .

And also Mako .
Dammit dude you solved the mystery of the eye you spoiled a plot reveal I would have never figured out on my own. Soichiro 2nd eye was never shown Senketsu only has 1 eye...

This is extremely disgusting on Soichiro end I am pretty sure this counts as some sick form of rape I am going to go barf now.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2014-03-14 at 01:52.
Old 2014-03-14, 02:08   Link #46
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Glorious episode, definitely one of my favourites so far. Nothing like having your most hated character getting beaten up at the beginning. The Satsuki and Ryuuko moments were quite heartwarming; by now Satsuki's pretty much my favourite character in the whole series, plus Ryuuko struggling to call Satsuki 'onee-san' was a nice inclusion. Senketsu had some adorable scenes this time too.

And last but not least, Mako barges in 'Fight Club' mode. Now I'm really at the edge of my chair for next week's ep.
Old 2014-03-14, 03:06   Link #47
deadite

So Ragyou and COVERS is Queen Zeal and Lavos from Chrono TRIGGER. Also, Satsuki is Magus.
Old 2014-03-14, 04:01   Link #48
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Best part (except for Banchou Mako, of course) is Hououmaru completely not giving a shit while Nui gushes gallons of blood into her face. Says a lot about the show that a character that has had less screen time than the 2-star losers and fewer lines than Isshin, and has no apparent powers, can be such an unadulterated badass. I'm actually worried about what Nui has in mind for her...

10/10 episode. Best of the series so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
So Ragyou and COVERS is Queen Zeal and Lavos from Chrono TRIGGER. Also, Satsuki is Magus.
Well, yeah, duh... That was obvious the first time we saw the giant Happy Fun Ball.

And I finally have a good idea what Shinra-Koketsu is. It's a way for Ragyo to escape the Earth. Certainly looks like a spaceship, doesn't it?
Old 2014-03-14, 05:11   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah... I wonder where would the episode without that annoying notice comes out...

anyway.... this episode is SUPERB!

Psycho-Nui
Life Fiber Resurrection (I guess 4 Kings would get back their Uniform as well)
Gallant Satsuki.... with new Junketsu
I think no one would predict that there would be a time where Junketsu contain both Ryuko and Satsuki's blood and Senketsu contain Ryuko, Mako, and Satsuki's blood
Onee-chan scene.... *fainting*
Double Bakuzan and Double Scissors
last but not least, Banchou-Mako!!!!

all of them are going to kick ass in next episode... stay tuned!
Old 2014-03-14, 05:23   Link #50
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I wasn't sure whether I was watching anime or perfection.

That episode was infinity/10. That was absolutely insane!!!!

That episode was beautifully done, everything in that episode was amazing.

I feel really bad for the people missing out on this amazing show.
Old 2014-03-14, 05:49   Link #51
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It was a pretty good episode. I keep believing Satsuki is stealing the show. Maybe it's because she is the one talking with her subordinates. Also, what's with Mako's Goku uniform? Now she's gonna overshadow the Four Devas?
Old 2014-03-14, 06:14   Link #52
Casshern

I don't think so. I'm guessing she brought new uniforms for everyone in that crate she dropped.
Old 2014-03-14, 06:29   Link #53
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

I just don't know how this show can keep one upping itself but it sure as hell does! What a fantastic episode, Sister bonding beginning nicely. Satsuki though raising a lot of death flags like others have stated. I don't want this show to end!
Old 2014-03-14, 06:45   Link #54
Side-streetdog

That Sengetsu gattai scene give me a nostalgia of 90's robot anime.
This series truly robot anime in disguise!
Old 2014-03-14, 06:53   Link #55
Rogue66

This show is amazing this episode was just so much fun to watch.

Nui got what she finally deserved, Ryuuko also got both Scissors blade now.

Satsuki and Ryuuko were great in this episode just love the bit were she try to call her sister.

Love how all them have some time to relax before the final battle.

It looks like everyone getting their uniforms back even Mako.

The final battle looks like it will be great cant wait for next episode.
Old 2014-03-14, 06:59   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This was truly the perfect setup episode.

Just a great blend of fun and flashy action scenes, lighthearted comedy, intense drama, and quick but sufficient plot/character development.

And Solace is right about one of the key strengths of the show - It does an excellent job in keeping the full supporting cast relevant and appealing. Bringing back Mako's Fight Club President uniform was particularly awesome here - Without it, Mako really would fall into the background for the remaining two episodes. With it, we get a nice twist to end the episode on, one a bit surprising because it's been so long since we've seen the Fight Club President uniform.

And yes, all of the Ryuko/Satsuki scenes were handled perfectly. The anime actually had a tough job here, in my view - They had to have the two sisters quickly but believably get over any residual hard feelings (mainly on Ryuko's side, as she was kept in the dark for a very long time as part of Satsuki's plan) while also not completely ignoring the family revelations that both of them now know. And they had to do this in just a lone episode. Without very deft handling, it could have come off as either too cold/sterile or too sappy/OoC or just plain whiplash-y.

But I think they got it just right - Just the right amount of residual hard feelings, and just the right amount of sisterly affection, and with both seeming very in-character. Ryuko wanting to call Satsuki "sister" but struggling/blushing while doing so was in-character for Ryuko, the girl who wants family and wears her heart on her sleeve. But Satsuki's smooth handling of it is also in-character for her, as she's always maintained a firm control of her emotions, keeping with the fact that her whole plan against Ragyo required her to be that way for a long time.

So, yeah, fantastic episode.

One thing I have to admit I'm not quite seeing, though, are Satsuki death flags. I'm curious as to what particular piece of dialogue or scene gives people the "death flag" vibe?

Still, now that this episode thread has made me think of it, Satsuki's death would be the most impacting one possible. If Kill La Kill wants a powerful bittersweet ending, this may be the best way to get it.

This isn't what I want as a viewer, mind you - I'd rather see the overwhelming majority of this cast survive, including Satsuki. But looking at it from the writer perspective, I can see the appeal of having Satsuki die a hero in a climatic fight.
Old 2014-03-14, 07:09   Link #57
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It was a pretty good episode. I keep believing Satsuki is stealing the show. Maybe it's because she is the one talking with her subordinates. Also, what's with Mako's Goku uniform? Now she's gonna overshadow the Four Devas?
Iori is making new uniforms for the Devas
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-03-14, 07:28   Link #58
Homura7

I don't know if my body can handle what's coming now. This was too epic.
Old 2014-03-14, 10:51   Link #59
Dark Wing

What more can I say it's just yet another awesome episode sprinkled with a bit more awesome on top of it!

From Ryuko finally finding her way to Mako's return to the fray.

Also Nui confirmed rug muncher now?...
Old 2014-03-14, 11:43   Link #60
Eragon
Still Alive

The savior is back !! Bow down to Fight Club Mako !

I would have died from cuteness overload if Ryouko completed that sentence. So damn CUTE <3

Tags
pure awesomeness