AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-04-20, 07:34   Link #3781
Lucidrago

Don't take abilities or powers out of context. POD is an attack like no over. While it has that characteristic of being able to reduce things to nothingness, it depends on Rias. Multiple times, it has been shown it can be blocked. So why wouldn't the ability of one of the most powerful weapons on the fave of this Earth not be able to block it? Kokabiep blocked POD with his bare hands and Vali was stronger than him.

Despite what people think, POD doesn't just automatically destroy everything it comes into contact with. It depends on the ability of the user.

When was POD ever a defensive technique? When Sirzechs uses his True Form, the aura of destruction covering him acts as defense. but that's it. All POD users aren't Sirzechs.

When Issei used Penetrate in Volume 18, Rizevim wasn't expecting it. It only worked on Rizevim because of the surprise factor. He wouldn't be fooled again.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 08:59   Link #3782
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, it's not a matter of him being fooled or not. Penetrate would still work. Are you thinking he could counter Penetrate?
Old 2018-04-20, 12:12   Link #3783
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
From Volume 20 Life 3.

In this quote both Ddraig and Rizevim confirm that Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceller is working on Issei's DxD form by cancelling some of it but not all of it therefore weakening the power of DxD so against Apophis Issei's DxD form was able to show of its true power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
That is a plausible theory. He could have reduced the power that Ddraig provided to the form but the power of Ophis was too immense to remove & was able to make up the difference.

Edit: Do you guys think that Vali would be able to [Reflect] Rias's Power of Destruction with his Sacred Gear ability?

But Issei also confirmed that the power wasn't reduced:

Spoiler for First Punch of Issei vs Rizevim:

That is how Ophis power of Infinity works. For example, If Rizevim's Scared Gear Cancellar makes any power of a Sacred Gear power from 100 to 0, the power of Ophis makes the power Infinity time 100. So even if Rizevim cancelled it once, the Power of Ophis restores it or maintains it the same always.

The same happened with Apophis darkness which was supposed to stop attacks or erase them, but that did not happen with the power of Infinity of Issei.

Spoiler for First Punch of Issei vs Apophis:

What happen to Rizevim, the same happen to Apophis. So both were cancelling Issei's attacks but couldn't due how the power of infinity works. So in both fight we did not see the full potential of DxD if we include this. And the full body of Apophis is cover by darkness with this ability. It is a shield for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Power of Destruction is a defensive technique, though? I'm not sure if Penetrate would work on it.

@CCP: The power of Ddraig's abilities was being enhanced by the power of infinity, so the Sacred Gear Canceler couldn't completely cancel it. But the only time Rizevim is confirmed to have tried to use his Canceler against DxD Ise was when he tried to counter Ise's very first punch in that form with it. Is Rizevim's Canceler always on? Or does he have to activate it at will?

@Kiiro: Ise clearly said when fighting Apophis that he had an easier time against Rizevim than he had had against Apophis. Ise still had breathing room against Rizevim. It's true that Ise would've been in trouble if DxD mode had reached its limit while Rizevim was still there, but as it was Rizevim saw it fit to get out of there as he seemed to have thought Ise would've killed him otherwise.

So yeah, Ise himself felt that he had an easier time against Rizevim and like Hakai said, I'm willing to believe him over you on this.

And you asked what head canon was. It's basically canon you create on your own in your own head, hence "head canon". Fantasies. Fan fiction.
It did cancel completely the power of Issei, but the power of Infinity make it always return to how it is, infinity time 100 would be always 100. That is how it works, I explained it above.

About the fight with Rizevim, not even him had a hard time and also have a margin to improve. Didnt we agree with this already? Issei said he said that is was easy with Rizevim, he did, but did he damaged him like he did with Apophis?

Not really, Rizevim was damaged from the explosion of their attacks, not becuase Issei hurt him directly, there is no statement that indicates this unlike with his battle with Apophis where he cleared that both damaged each other. In a melee battle they were even. Rizevim's aura power was weaker for sure, but still far weaker to be called it was a rape.

Need to read the fight insteed to read what Issei said, he clearly said that Rizevim was strong just as Apophis, but not as strong as Apophis:

Spoiler for Vs Rizevim:

Easier doesnt mean rape. Easier just mean he is comparing their fight and was easier with Rizevim. But nothing happens, take Issei's word if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Don't take abilities or powers out of context. POD is an attack like no over. While it has that characteristic of being able to reduce things to nothingness, it depends on Rias. Multiple times, it has been shown it can be blocked. So why wouldn't the ability of one of the most powerful weapons on the fave of this Earth not be able to block it? Kokabiep blocked POD with his bare hands and Vali was stronger than him.

Despite what people think, POD doesn't just automatically destroy everything it comes into contact with. It depends on the ability of the user.

When was POD ever a defensive technique? When Sirzechs uses his True Form, the aura of destruction covering him acts as defense. but that's it. All POD users aren't Sirzechs.

When Issei used Penetrate in Volume 18, Rizevim wasn't expecting it. It only worked on Rizevim because of the surprise factor. He wouldn't be fooled again.
Well, PoD does work as defense as how Sirzechs used it against Issei in volume 8:

Spoiler for Vs Sirzechs Volume 8:

So Power of Destruction could be used as defense, but if it is Rias, then i could work but at the same level for Sirzechs.

Last edited by kiiro94; 2018-04-20 at 12:35.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 12:19   Link #3784
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@kiiro94 Why are there random "A" in the quotes you provided?
Old 2018-04-20, 12:24   Link #3785
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Actually, yeah, the primordial water also tried to cancel Ise's power but couldn't. The power of infinity didn't allow it. Just like how Rizevim's Canceler also tried to invalidate his power but the power of infinity allowed his attacks to maintain full power.

About the Power of Destruction: Sirzechs just has better mastery of it than his sister.

Edit: One post late.
@CCP: Just ignore those. I think it happens because he's copying the quotes in a certain way.
Old 2018-04-20, 12:33   Link #3786
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
@kiiro94 Why are there random "A" in the quotes you provided?
I dont know. I just copy paste and they appear like that, maybe the forum changes some characters.

What do you think about what I wrote?
Old 2018-04-20, 13:26   Link #3787
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Sairaorg can use Regulus Nemea's BxB so I'm wondering if he can evolve it since he isn't truly it's wielder. It would be interesting to see an alternate form of Regulus Rey Leather Rex Imperial Purpure. Maybe he can add the ability to wield the initial Battle Axe of the Sacred Gear on top of the armor but Sairaorg prefers t fight with his fights so this could be a finishing move.

Last edited by Darksider555; 2018-04-20 at 15:24.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 13:49   Link #3788
Lucidrago

Sirzechs is in the Top 10. That's just not better mastery. That's a freak of nature. Are we going to say Magdaran and Lord Bael can use their POD to destroy anything it touches? POD is OP but not as OP as people think it is. Depends on the user. And Sirzechs is an abnormality among abnormalities.
Old 2018-04-20, 15:47   Link #3789
syzorst
syzorst

Let's do another match up.

Rizevim vs Fenrir (80%)
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:38   Link #3790
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Sirzechs is in the Top 10. That's just not better mastery. That's a freak of nature. Are we going to say Magdaran and Lord Bael can use their POD to destroy anything it touches? POD is OP but not as OP as people think it is. Depends on the user. And Sirzechs is an abnormality among abnormalities.
Freak of nature? What do you mean?

Well Magdaran does not even have the same level of mastery as Rias said by the author. And for Lord Bael, well we dont really know but I think Sirzechs is better than him.

What do you mean that it is not OP as people think it is? Talking about we or the people of the novel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Let's do another match up.

Rizevim vs Fenrir (80%)
I would say a Tie or slightly Rizevim wins.

From spoilers Rias could damaged Fernir.
Old 2018-04-20, 17:01   Link #3791
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

He is talking about the fact that Sirzechs' true form is a humanoid shaped POD compared to normal devils.

I would say Sirzechs mastery over POD would be the best shown in the series because of his true form being made of it.
Old 2018-04-20, 18:23   Link #3792
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

How powerful is Bikou? It seems that he has Sun Wukong potential but lacks the level of technique that Sun has plus Bikou is still young?
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 20:28   Link #3793
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kiiro: What CCP said. And yeah, while I don't like calling him as such, Sirzechs is a freak of nature due to being such a powerful Super Devil. As he himself said, his true form is a mutation. So yeah, he's a freak of nature.
Old 2018-04-20, 22:08   Link #3794
kiiro94

Well I want to clear something. The PoD of Sirzechs is not a mutation.

The mutation is Sirzechs itself. This is not something that happen suddenly.

He was a mutation since birth, but his true form did suddenly awaken.

Sirzechs true form, literally is the aura of PoD. Sirzechs compresses that power un human shape where he is only Satan Class.

And is there any spoilers about who got to the finals of the rating game?

With this we might have a new top 10 beings since here are mostly all the strongest.
Old 2018-04-21, 00:35   Link #3795
B214

No he wasn't a mutation at birth. It was a sudden mutation as Sirzechs said it himself.

Quote:
<<Fafafafa. You monster. I see. You have greatly surpassed the former Lucifer. You even greatly outclass the category of a Maou. No, I can feel powers which make me doubt if I can even call you a Devil. –What are you?>>

[That’s what I would like to know. Though it’s certain that it is a sudden mutation. –Either way, the current me can eliminate you.]
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 00:54   Link #3796
Lucidrago

Well really we don't know how Sirzechs achieved it exactly.
Old 2018-04-21, 06:39   Link #3797
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiro94 View Post
Well I want to clear something. The PoD of Sirzechs is not a mutation.

The mutation is Sirzechs itself. This is not something that happen suddenly.

He was a mutation since birth, but his true form did suddenly awaken.

Sirzechs true form, literally is the aura of PoD. Sirzechs compresses that power un human shape where he is only Satan Class.

And is there any spoilers about who got to the finals of the rating game?

With this we might have a new top 10 beings since here are mostly all the strongest.
If you are talking about the Azazel Cup the top 16 teams are confirmed:

Spoiler for Azazel Cup Top 16 Teams:
Old 2018-04-21, 09:51   Link #3798
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Who's on teams Vajra and Black?

@Kiiro: Sirzechs himself said that it's a sudden mutation, as the quote provided by B214 shows. He must've mutated some time after he was already born if we go by what he said.
Old 2018-04-21, 09:54   Link #3799
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Team Vajra is Indra's and Team Black is Surtr's.
Old 2018-04-21, 11:54   Link #3800
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
No he wasn't a mutation at birth. It was a sudden mutation as Sirzechs said it himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Who's on teams Vajra and Black?

@Kiiro: Sirzechs himself said that it's a sudden mutation, as the quote provided by B214 shows. He must've mutated some time after he was already born if we go by what he said.
Well, it could be a sudden mutation in the blood line of gremory.

Spoiler for Father of Sirzechs:

His father describes it that Sirzechs is a mutation of a Devil and asks himself if it was his blood or the Bael Blood, meaning it Sirzechs was destined since birth.

Besides, his PoD form, is called True Form, not chaotic form which would be an upgrade of himself. The PoD form is his True Form literally, but since this is a form he cant control, he compresses its power in a human shape, in this what we know as Sirzechs.

Sirzechs and Azazel even say so:

Spoiler for True Form:

Sirzechs compresses his power in Human Shape as we know him like this: