AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 55 32.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-23, 16:55   Link #81
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
Just finished watching it, and I wonder if Haruhi's power manifested to get this "happy ending"... So when Kyon and Itsuki debate about the shadow Haruhi saw, at the end of the ep, maybe they got it wrong: there actually was another man (the murderer), and then in the cave Haruhi rewrote reality.
I was thinking something like that. Haruhi seems to have changed reality in the cave.
Since this version of the story is different that the novel one, everything could be possible.

Talking about HaruhixKyon momments

Kyon: "Haruhi would never truly wish for a murder to happen... that's how she is"

Itsuki: "You have faith in Suzumiya-san"

Kyon: "......."

That was really unexpected from Kyon (and so cute too ^^)

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2006-05-23 at 17:06.
Old 2006-05-23, 17:24   Link #82
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I voted 9, though it wasn't an exciting episode, its another episode of intricate details.

Firstly, Mikuru's fainting scene was really well done, so convincing I actually felt worried for her.

Next, the load of development between Haruhi and Kyon really satisfies me. They are destined to be couples lol

Yuki is really amusing lol, I can't get enough of her hiliarious actions, and did she actually smile there? I thought I saw a tiny grin from her.

Heres a question, whats that thing on the back of Kyon's neck that Itsuki was looking at?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-23, 17:30   Link #83
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I'm surprised no-one seems to be mentioning Kyon's neck at the end there. I'm interested to find out what the hell that was about (particularly since Itsuki patently is aware of it but saying nothing).

edit: C.A. obviously had the same thought as me
Old 2006-05-23, 17:32   Link #84
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
It's in oriental culture that you get that thingy(dunno it's english name...) if you lie...maybe it's implying Kyon is affacted by Suzumiya and is lying?

Just watched the subs today---brillant!

Just a question...since when Kyon can overrider Suzumiya's order for Nagato?
Old 2006-05-23, 17:39   Link #85
hoon
7ON

Gyakuten Saiban + Meitantei Conan reference made this episode awesome for me.
Old 2006-05-23, 17:40   Link #86
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol thanks for the answer there, it just shows more that Haruhi and Kyon really has feelings for each other.

Yuki could have something for Kyon too and thats why she listens to him I think.

Old 2006-05-23, 17:41   Link #87
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Yuki has no more reason to listen to Haruhi than to Kyon. Her boss is not Haruhi.

As for why she seemed to listen to Kyon...

It's the same reason why Yuki isn't wearing her glasses anymore. You will have to wait until episode 5 or so to find out what that is. (That's what happens when the show isn't in chronological order... )
Old 2006-05-23, 17:53   Link #88
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes its indeed because of what happened in episode 5 that Yuki actually feels something for Kyon I think.

I like the way kyonani arranged the episodes, giving questions and answering all of them later. Although since we already read the novels we can't benefit from the full 'wow' effect those who haven't read the novels will recieve.

Old 2006-05-23, 17:53   Link #89
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
It's in oriental culture that you get that thingy
eh?? i never heard that one before....

Quote:
ditto. she has a thing for Kyon, its the next stage of evolution. Emo-for advance machine intelligence. great. The world is going to end, im sure.

Old 2006-05-23, 18:36   Link #90
L33tmaster

omfg that Phoenix Wright parody was absolutely priceless.
Old 2006-05-23, 18:42   Link #91
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Haruhi likes DS. no wonder nintendo has such a good run of luck lately....
Old 2006-05-23, 18:49   Link #92
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Haruhi likes DS. no wonder nintendo has such a good run of luck lately....
What!? Haruhi supports Nintendo? If thats the case, I'll not be buying PS3 first, I think I'll go for the Wii lol

Anyway, another crazy theory from me again:

If the shadow character was Haruhi's creation, who would he want to kill?

Ans: Mikuru, since Haruhi said she would be a victim in episode 6.

But because of Yuki's presence, the would be murderer couldn't get pass the locked door and to Mikuru.

Old 2006-05-23, 19:09   Link #93
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
I'm surprised no-one seems to be mentioning Kyon's neck at the end there.
You can't answer when you don't know what it is yourself. The novels didn't have that sagment.

Go ask KyoAni.

The cave scene was well-done, if a bit overrated. KroAni could have "spread" the explainations in different scene and achieve the same effect.

Anyway I am glad they didn't go for the usual "sexual tension" cliche so often used when two main characters are stuck in a dark cave/hole/elevator/room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Yuki has no more reason to listen to Haruhi than to Kyon. Her boss is not Haruhi.
I know it's a joke, and Yuki already knows-it-all, but...

Well think of it this way: Kyon is the only person who has nothing to gain from the whole Haruhi mess. If I were Yuki, I would only trust Kyon. You wouldn't find me trusting Mikuru, Itsuki, or the observee subject, Haruhi.
Therefore Yuki only listens to Kyon.
Old 2006-05-23, 19:16   Link #94
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
ditto. she has a thing for Kyon, its the next stage of evolution. Emo-for advance machine intelligence. great. The world is going to end, im sure.

ROFL

At 12:00 of afk's sub, something seems to have happened. I really do have the impression that Haruhi re-wrote reality to spare Kyon and the rest.

I am wondering about the shadow, as well as the thingy on Kyon's neck.

Overall I'm giving this a 7. It is the least interesting ep so far imo. I don't see anything strange about Kyon shielding Haruhi, since I think he would have done the same for everyone else but Itsuki

So far the mysteries in this series kept me on the edge of my seat wondering about this and that (and reading spoilers on this forum, even though they're initially hidden in their tags ) but this ep felt somewhat dragged out. Also, I had the vague impression that Haruhi and Kyon's sister were out-of-character, though I can't exactly point out why.

Haruhi wondering about Kyon after the fall was pretty normal imo. She seemed rather troubled by the events and I'm positive that she would've been as worried about Itsuki. The hand holding and the changing in the cave however were very nice character development moments

Placing the last ep in the middle of the series, not sure how I'll react to that...

Edit: Another thing about afk's sub, at 10:07 there's loss of sound, is that intentional or simply an error (my file's/afk's/raw's doesn't matter)
Old 2006-05-23, 19:18   Link #95
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Another thing about Yuki listening to Kyon. If you notice in the cave-cricket episode after Kyon asks her to stop moving she doesn't move at all until Kyon says "You can move now". There are many instances in the novels where Yuki seems to wait for the go-ahead from Kyon before doing something. It happens also in the novel during the baseball incident. After Itsuki asked Yuki to enchant the bat, Yuki looks at Kyon and only does it after Kyon nods. Unfortunately this was not shown in the anime.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-23, 19:26   Link #96
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Another thing about Yuki listening to Kyon. If you notice in the cave-cricket episode after Kyon asks her to stop moving she doesn't move at all until Kyon says "You can move now". There are many instances in the novels where Yuki seems to wait for the go-ahead from Kyon before doing something. It happens also in the novel during the baseball incident. After Itsuki asked Yuki to enchant the bat, Yuki looks at Kyon and only does it after Kyon nods. Unfortunately this was not shown in the anime.
Oohh, the baseball scene would be quite important imo, wonder why they skipped it.
Old 2006-05-23, 19:27   Link #97
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Could Haruhi have wished for a happy ending when she realized what the alternative was? That may have been the alteration that was made.
Old 2006-05-23, 19:35   Link #98
Seyluun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Edit: Another thing about afk's sub, at 10:07 there's loss of sound, is that intentional or simply an error (my file's/afk's/raw's doesn't matter)
I thought it was because at this time ads aired (would make sens to put them at this moment).
Old 2006-05-23, 19:42   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
great eps but im a bit confused...when Itsuki told kyon of the 'false' deduction of wht happened (he died because the door rammed the knife into his heart) kyon sed that he had to silence Itsuki and we saw him getting strangled...then the plot just jumps to somewhere else with kyon and suzumiya and after a while when the truth was finally out Itsuki just mysteriously appeared...i mean wasnt he stranggled or was kyon a part of the whole thing?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-05-23, 19:51   Link #100
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
I thought it was because at this time ads aired (would make sens to put them at this moment).
Ah, I didn't know about that, thanks!