AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-28, 02:31   Link #1
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Valvrave the Liberator - The "He/She is sooooo dead" thread

Suggested by a moderator following the death of another cast member, this thread is meant to provide a place where members of our fine community speculate on the next likely candidate(s) to hit the deadly jackpot. Because if there is one thing that manages to stir discussion on a really boring day, its talking about the possibility that someone might end up biting it sometime along the line.

So, who do you think it'll be next?

Will Shouko end up dying by the end after narrowly escaping it the first time, driving Haruto to go mad once again and get ideas of crashing Module 77 into the earth, causing further deaths? Will A-drei, after being rejected by L-elf, crash into a nearby asteroid and die a pathetic death? Will Kyuuma get to avenge Ania's death by killing off Q-vier?

Will it be Satomi, the Student President, that finds himself sleeping with an angels (and I don't mean with Takahi) and would that be the event that promotes Akira to get out of her pillow fortress and into a Valvrave? Will the lovely Nanami, voiced by the equally lovely Hocchan, end up dying to protect her students?

Will everyone die? Most of them? None of them? Just post what ever theories you have and why you think they might come true. Except ones about Saki's death, since she'll be living to the pristine age of 231.

Have fun ... but not too much, no one likes folks who are too blood thirsty.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:54   Link #2
Key Board
Carbon

Supposing that Kyuuma will become a pilot.. I don't think Kyuuma will last the entire first season

I think he will serve as a reminder that VVV pilots aren't completely immortal

and I think someone else will take his place as pilot

He will also serve as a reminder for others of the dangers of being consumed by revenge... maybe..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-28, 06:10   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'm sure Marie will probably end up dying at the end of season one when a Dorssian force is trying to kill her off during the speculated school hostage, causing Shouko to go mad.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-05-28, 06:15   Link #4
NeutralZero

Q-4... Q-4... and did we mentioned Q-4?
After the death of megane its only right for Kyuma to seek revenge...
Old 2013-05-28, 07:32   Link #5
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'm sure Marie will probably end up dying at the end of season one when a Dorssian force is trying to kill her off during the speculated school hostage, causing Shouko to go mad.
Marie has plot armor of being token loli.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:54   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Marie has plot armor of being token loli.
So does it mean that she'll probably survive?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-05-28, 08:29   Link #7
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
So does it mean that she'll probably survive?
This means if there won't be any big timeskip she will live.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:00   Link #8
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Satomi or Takahi will probably be the next.

They've both had a decent amount of focus so far, but as Shouko/Haruto/L-Elf become the major power-brokers in the student-state, Satomi and Takahi's plot relevance drops barring an unlikely romance between one of them and a major character (i.e. a romance between the two of them wouldn't really count).

Solid amount of character focus + declining plot relevance = prime candidate to be the next one to die.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:10   Link #9
Key Board
Carbon

I'm pretty sure a student election episode is coming

The chairman feels his influence slipping, and he probably wants to assert his authority.

Akira - Takahi - Satomi are a set. If something bad happens to one, the effect will spiral and effect the other two.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-28, 11:59   Link #10
Kakkou
Tch.

As much as I'd be sad to see him go, Q-Vier will probably die at some point. I've had that feeling ever since episode 1. His type of character doesn't seem like the kind to survive a show that kills characters at every chance.

Satomi will probably get himself or someone else killed, maybe even screw everyone over by doing something stupid because he felt the need to assert his authority. Possible death flag bearer.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:01   Link #11
kuromitsu

Yep, Satomi will eventually die, my bet is on a moment of absolutely stupid heroics.

I'll be very sad about it, though. I like him a lot for a side character, he's kind of adorable.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:03   Link #12
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Yeah, Satomi seems ripe to die at some point. What about Rion? She seems like she'll possibly kick the bucket at some point.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:10   Link #13
Irenesharda

I think Yusuke and Satomi will be killed in order to influence Raizo and Akira to become pilots. Shoko will probably die at or near the end of season 1, which will probably change Haruto into either going to the dark side, or for him to become a strong, relentless soldier/pilot against Dorssia.

I think Marie, Takahi, and Rion will be killed in crossfire, or in a resulting explosion. Takumi-sensei will probably live if only to help the Valvrave pilots with maintaining their mechs.

Of the young Dorssian hit squad: Q-vier and maybe H-neun will probably die this season. X-eins is a maybe, but as he's so loyal to Cain, I think he might be a part of whatever Cain is planning. Kriemhild will also probably die as well.

All unnamed soldiers or students will either be cannon fodder or leave the show in some silent arbitrary way. A-drei and Cain will survive, though what paths they go on is another question. A-drei has the potential at this point to be on either side of the conflict. Cain probably has his own plans, and might just end up staging his own coup of Dorssia.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-28, 12:14   Link #14
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think Yusuke and Satomi will be killed in order to influence Raizo and Akira to become pilots. Shoko will probably die at or near the end of season 1, which will probably change Haruto into either going to the dark side, or for him to become a strong, relentless soldier/pilot against Dorssia.

I think Marie, Takahi, and Rion will be killed in crossfire, or in a resulting explosion. Takumi-sensei will probably live if only to help the Valvrave pilots with maintaining their mechs.
I agree with you about Takahi, but I somehow doubt Yusuke will die, I got the feeling he'll be of use investigating the Valvrave with Takumi-sensei.

As for Shouko, I'm probably biased, but I really hope she doesn't die. I'm actually hoping for her to be a pilot.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:25   Link #15
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I agree with you about Takahi, but I somehow doubt Yusuke will die, I got the feeling he'll be of use investigating the Valvrave with Takumi-sensei.
Well, Yusuke has already been given encouragement by Takumi-sensei that he can one day become an engineer, which is already kind of giving him a death flag, plus he is sort of friends with Raizo who is a pilot-in-waiting. Raizo is pretty close to his friends and one has already died on him, I think Yusuke will be the last straw. I don't think he will be a pilot, and you already have Takumi and perhaps Akira for research, Yusuke is a bit superfluous.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-28, 13:23   Link #16
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Q-4... Q-4... and did we mentioned Q-4?
After the death of megane its only right for Kyuma to seek revenge...
Agreed. Hopefully he is shot to pieces, and the hot lead keeps being pumped into him long after he is dead, so that nothing remains of him except a red vapor. Even that would be too good for him.

Endless "Overkill" Soul
Old 2013-05-28, 13:36   Link #17
bastek66

Blondes together, they will die
Old 2013-05-28, 15:38   Link #18
Destined_Fate

Satomi or Takahi will die because everyone knows that such a ship will be sunk to crush our spirits!

>_>

It Marie dies it may cause Shoko to change and be more willing to do everything L-Elf wants.

Everything.

Or she may force herself to pilot a Valvrave to have Haruto angst over it.

I still don't see Shoko dying as everything leads to her atm so her plot armor is strongest.
Old 2013-05-28, 16:41   Link #19
Irenesharda

Actually now that I have been watching the OP closer I can see that it might clue us in on not only who will pilot and in succession, but it all might show us in the order of who will die?

After our two mains are shown (Haruto and L-elf) Saki is shown (confirmed pilot), followed by Kyuma (who is now most likely to become the next pilot), then Raizo, and then Akira.

However, after her we have Aina (the first to die), followed by Marie, Yusuke, Takahi, and Satomi. (Takumi, Rion, and Shoko are last, but I think they figured in this differently, (or then again that might also be the order in which they die as well?)

This would actually figure it into my theory and into how the pilots are influenced to choose Valvrave. Marie will probably die in crossfire, Yusuke will then push Raizo (the next in line) to pilot, Takahi will die and Satomi will try to protect her and his sister, but will also be killed. Akira, in shock over his death and the fact that she did nothing to protect him, will also be spurred to pilot.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-28, 17:25   Link #20
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone who becomes a pilot is unlikely to die before the season one finale. The timeskip mentions the Golden 7, so all 7 pilots will probably fight together in their Valveraves and make their name before dying.

Unless of course if the pilot dies and then the Valverave could choose another owner, then nobody except Saki is safe.
Closed Thread