AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-29, 02:48   Link #1
mah_damey

usher usher usher

up till about a week ago i learned that not everyone here lives in america like i do ( i kno stupid me). i juss wanted to kno if yall knew of the greatness that is usher. i juss bought his new cd "confessions" and juss wanted to kno if any of yall had heard of him?
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 03:09   Link #2
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
up till about a week ago i learned that not everyone here lives in america like i do ( i kno stupid me). i juss wanted to kno if yall knew of the greatness that is usher. i juss bought his new cd "confessions" and juss wanted to kno if any of yall had heard of him?
I think we all know who Usher is; some black hiphop/r & b dude?

Americans...
A number of them even thinks that their homeland is the only country that exists in our world.

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 2004-05-29 at 03:29.
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 03:17   Link #3
mah_damey

lol ok... im feeling this negative vibe comin from u lol...
newayz... i juss wanted to expose yall to something new :P (if yall havent heard of him).
Old 2004-05-29, 03:31   Link #4
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
lol ok... im feeling this negative vibe comin from u lol...
newayz... i juss wanted to expose yall to something new :P (if yall havent heard of him).
You almost sound like Mr. Usher himself; judging by the way you type. You black?
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 04:01   Link #5
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
i saw him shopping at my local walmart about a year ago. i hate rap though.
Old 2004-05-29, 04:03   Link #6
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
I hope not every American on this forum will talk like you... I'm French and I'm sure my English is far better than yours!
Old 2004-05-29, 04:17   Link #7
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
I think we all know who Usher is; some black hiphop/r & b dude?

Americans...
A number of them even thinks that their homeland is the only country that exists in our world.
Hey we're not all bad and some of us are cultured enough to know of the great actors Austrailia produces like Yahoo Serious and Paul Hogan . Steve Irwin rules though.

On topic I think Usher sucks.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 04:25   Link #8
mah_damey

Ok. You guys want me to type perfectly, then I will be a good little American boy and type perfectly for you all. No I'm not black. I don't know how you came to that conclusion or why you automatically thought i was black but whatever... I'm not gonna get into that... Usher isnt a rapper. He actually has an awesome singing voice. Just because he is black and is a famous singer doesnt automatically mean that hes a rapper. And just because i type like the way i do doesn't mean my english is bad, i got straight A's in english 2 AP (advanced placement, im sure "yall" have some program like that in "yall's" school. Plus my high school is top 10 in the U.S., so I'm proud of myself. "newayz", im asian, and how i type is how 99.99% of the people in america type on AIM or mirc or msn or any other online messaging thingy. Some people even type in ways that i cant understand "lyKe dIsH n DaT n oOoO daTs sOoO crAzY i dUnNo wuT iM riTeN boUt buT iT getsH a Lot woRsH dEn Dish sO tHaT eVeN iM noT aBlE tO uNderShtAnd wUt deY TaLkInG aBouT plUsH it HuRts dAh EyeSh tOo @_@". <-- I can undertstand if you people got ticked off if i wrote like that but... o well.

Man seriously though, I thought people on this forum were open minded. Thats a big reason why i started posting. Well it turns out some of you guys are pretty quick to jump the gun and make some wild assumptions about other people (Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing my finger at all of yall). Thats something americans would do, and something from the way some of yall replied gave me the idea that yall dont think too highly of us evil people.
ANYWAYS, it seems as though no one here actually knows who usher is and what his music is... so im gonna try to suggest some good songs, and for all of you rap haters, USHER ISN'T A RAPPER!
usher - burn
usher - confessions part II
I doubt any of yall will actually dl these, but they're there (come on reverse psychology)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
On topic I think Usher sucks.
DuRrrR... OuChiEs tHaT wAs sUPeR hArSH!

Last edited by mah_damey; 2004-05-29 at 04:50.
Old 2004-05-29, 04:42   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

the ever popular ebonics and slang in NA tend to confuse european cats... it would only be natural for them to perceive it as an improper way of speaking... cuz they ain't used to it...

on topic... I'm not a huge fan of this kind of pop R&B... so my opinion might be biased... straight up... I think usher is wack... but the ladies love him... gotta give him props though since that cat has been in the business for a long time and managed to stay in the top 40 pop charts...
Old 2004-05-29, 05:00   Link #10
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
ANYWAYS, it seems as though no one here actually knows who usher is and what his music is... so im gonna try to suggest some good songs, and for all of you rap haters, USHER ISN'T A RAPPER!
usher - burn
I doubt any of yall will actually dl these, but they're there (come on reverse psychology)!
1. I doubt you should be telling people to d/l music from artists like that, unless from a legit source.
2. Usher indeed isn't a rapper (that's giving him too much credit), he's a boy band minus four boys. Except stead of the lovey dovey stuff the guy sings bad stuff. "Girl I'm gonna use you. Girl I'm gonna kick your butt to the curb. Then I'm gonna get another girl and do it all over again." Okay maybe that's an exageration but the guy's got a huge ego so I can't stand him.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:04   Link #11
mah_damey

... is there rlly that big a difference from downloading off bittorrent and something else.. maybe ooo.. i dunno ill juss pick something 9/10 ppl have.. kazaa? i mean its basically like the same idea rite?.. o well wutever.
n yea ushers newer stuff seems to be like that stuff u sef up there (juss a hint, but he makes it sound good ), but no. not a boy band. definitely not a boy band.
Old 2004-05-29, 06:04   Link #12
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
... is there rlly that big a difference from downloading off bittorrent and something else.. maybe ooo.. i dunno ill juss pick something 9/10 ppl have.. kazaa? i mean its basically like the same idea rite?.. o well wutever.
n yea ushers newer stuff seems to be like that stuff u sef up there (juss a hint, but he makes it sound good ), but no. not a boy band. definitely not a boy band.
Kazaa(illegal) vs Apple's Istore(legal).
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 06:48   Link #13
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Usher = get off my radio.

Usher = get off my tv.

and in this thread's case ...

Usher = get off my internet.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 07:07   Link #14
HoboGod
Necromancer

Usher is a whiney little bitch who sings about being weak and pathetic. Oh, and so does Eminem. XD

love is an emotion displayed by the simple-minded and easily emused. time is a consept created by man to measure how long they have left to live. and casual sex is a sceme created to populate this world with unwanted babies. VOTE HOBOGOD FOR PRESIDENT.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 07:28   Link #15
Kurapica

Usher is allright. Talented dancer too. I haven't heard his album though, but that song that's out sounds good. It's called Yeah.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 07:33   Link #16
Ending

Question

Never even heard of him before this, but if he is like Eminem, I know I wouldn't had cared either way. Can't really understand rap/hip-hop -they do not even have good melodies, and most of the time the singers just boast about this-or-that being sooo great...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 08:30   Link #17
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Ok. You guys want me to type perfectly, then I will be a good little American boy and type perfectly for you all. No I'm not black. I don't know how you came to that conclusion or why you automatically thought i was black but whatever... I'm not gonna get into that... Usher isnt a rapper. He actually has an awesome singing voice. Just because he is black and is a famous singer doesnt automatically mean that hes a rapper. And just because i type like the way i do doesn't mean my english is bad, i got straight A's in english 2 AP (advanced placement, im sure "yall" have some program like that in "yall's" school. Plus my high school is top 10 in the U.S., so I'm proud of myself. "newayz", im asian, and how i type is how 99.99% of the people in america type on AIM or mirc or msn or any other online messaging thingy. Some people even type in ways that i cant understand "lyKe dIsH n DaT n oOoO daTs sOoO crAzY i dUnNo wuT iM riTeN boUt buT iT getsH a Lot woRsH dEn Dish sO tHaT eVeN iM noT aBlE tO uNderShtAnd wUt deY TaLkInG aBouT plUsH it HuRts dAh EyeSh tOo @_@". <-- I can undertstand if you people got ticked off if i wrote like that but... o well.

Man seriously though, I thought people on this forum were open minded. Thats a big reason why i started posting. Well it turns out some of you guys are pretty quick to jump the gun and make some wild assumptions about other people (Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing my finger at all of yall). Thats something americans would do, and something from the way some of yall replied gave me the idea that yall dont think too highly of us evil people.
usher - burn

DuRrrR... OuChiEs tHaT wAs sUPeR hArSH!
If you could continue to speak like a common person in every post you did it would be so much better...
Really...
Old 2004-05-29, 08:59   Link #18
darkwave
Manual Mode

I like Usher, he's a good singer/dancer. His voice is so natural whenever he sings. Not many artist have that talent.

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-05-29 at 10:40.
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:21   Link #19
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Never even heard of him before this, but if he is like Eminem, I know I wouldn't had cared either way. Can't really understand rap/hip-hop -they do not even have good melodies, and most of the time the singers just boast about this-or-that being sooo great...
dont get the wrong impression. that comparison with eminiem was super wrong. Like i said before, hes not a rapper. I dont see how you can even put compare eminem and usher, theyre not the same genre. Its like comparing a funny anime and a serious one. It just depends on your tast. Just try some of his songs and see for yourself if you like it or not. once again, usher is NOT a rapper. good god.

ok i can see why some of yall might not like usher. its like the whole nsync and leonardo dicaprio thing. Just because every girl likes him, or a whole bunch of people like him, people start to hate him just because.. i dunno, everyone likes him? Some of yall haters might not have even heard his stuff and still hate him cause everyone is talking about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
Usher is a whiney little bitch who sings about being weak and pathetic.
Can you tell me the song, cause i dont remember that at all, less your juss one of those haters mentioned above. plz yall, dont hate, where is the love (thats a good song too).
Old 2004-05-29, 12:35   Link #20
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
black eyed peas? anyways, im not a fan of hip-hop, english pop, and r&b/rap. but usher is actually okay-ish to me. he's got a voice, but i just don't like the music. he is also a great dancer though, some cool moves i've seen him do.
anime_luver is offline   Reply With Quote