AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-14, 23:51   Link #1
Trevor1st93

Send a message via AIM to Trevor1st93 Send a message via MSN to Trevor1st93 Send a message via Yahoo to Trevor1st93
Tenchi Muyo OVA 4?

Does anyone know if the makers of Tenchi Muyo plan on making an OVA 4? I've read at one or two websites that they are but I've also read at more websites that they're not...

Also, I read here that they were supposed to release the second volume of OVA 3 last Fall at this website: http://tmau.fateback.com/index.html. I've looked on Ebay but I haven't found volume 2 yet so I'm not sure if it came out or not. If it wasn't released yet then I'm a bit surprised because all the information on that website is pretty accurate... Can anyone confirm if they released the second volume of OVA 3 yet for me? I would greatly appreciate it!
Trevor1st93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 04:24   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor1st93
Also, I read here that they were supposed to release the second volume of OVA 3 last Fall at this website: http://tmau.fateback.com/index.html. I've looked on Ebay but I haven't found volume 2 yet so I'm not sure if it came out or not. If it wasn't released yet then I'm a bit surprised because all the information on that website is pretty accurate... Can anyone confirm if they released the second volume of OVA 3 yet for me? I would greatly appreciate it!
AnimeOnDVD Upcoming Releases
Quote:
09-12-2006 Tenchi Muyo RYO-OHKI Vol. #2 (of 3) FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd. $29.98
11-07-2006 Tenchi Muyo RYO-OHKI Vol. #3 (of 3) FUNimation Entertainment, Ltd. $29.98
So the current release dates are September and November (they were pushed back from the original planned date). So far they don't seem to be listed on any on-line store but then it's still a number of months away before Vol 2 is meant to be released. You most likely can find more details in the AoD forums.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 06:15   Link #3
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Masaki Kajishima once mentioned that he wanted to do OVA 4 and OVA 5 in fact. I don't know if the project is still continuing, but he did say he was planning to do them.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 10:45   Link #4
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I'll be happy if he does, the Tenchi Muyo OAV's are some of my favourites (Washu in particular). Another spin-off series set in that universe would work well too, like GXP. Seeing all the old gang when Seina goes home to earth for a visit was great
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 21:03   Link #5
animefanjack
Committed Anime Fan

Tenchi Muyo! discussion

i am in the process of acquiring tenchi anime and was wonder the order that tecnhi series was produced
animefanjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 21:30   Link #6
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Well, first came the OAVs. Then there was Pretty Sammy's OAV's. Then there was... I think the tenchi TV series followed by the PRetty Sammy TV series. Then GXP, then the latest OAV's, then the latesy Pretty Sammy series.

I'm unsure about the movies but judging how the first one came with a Set 0 ani-mayhem card, it must've been just prior to the TV series. I figure the other two movies came out just after the TV series. My info on the movies may be wrong.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 21:43   Link #7
Tancos
Who?

Tenchi Muyo! Another Universe includes the original broadcast dates with its episode summaries. You might also want to check the listings in the Anime News Network Encyclopedia. Here's the page on the first OVA.
Tancos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 04:00   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sites such as Anime News Network are a good place to start.

You could also check out the Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki! OVA3 thread because similar questions were asked there.

Thread moved into the correct forum (and renamed).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 16:07   Link #9
ILoveKiyone
Theonewhoateyourfunyuns

Location: S.E. Pennsylvania(or in your heart, whichever is warmer)
The Tenchi OVA's and the tv series occur in two completely different realities. You'll notice this after watching the first episodes of each series. As for the movies, the third one (Tenchi Forever) is a sequel to the first one (Tenchi Muyo in Love),
and the events in these movies immediately follow the first TV series(Tenchi Muyo TV, a.k.a. Tenchi Universe). The second movie occurs in either the Tenchi Universe timeline or the Tenchi Muyo TV2 (Tenchi in Tokyo) timeline, although I am unsure of its exact chronological position on these timelines. You'll also notice that although Tenchi in Tokyo is labeled as the sequel to Tenchi Universe, the beginning of these two stories (the point at which the girls land on earth) is totally different. Finally, Magical Project S (Pretty sammy TV) and the Pretty Sammy OVA are a "spin-off" from the Mihoshi Special, which takes place between episodes 7 and 8 of the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki OVA.
PHEW! That was exhausting! Anyway, enjoy collecting and watching these shows, animefanjack! They are, in my opinion, some of the greatest anime ever made. (hence the avatar)

Last edited by ILoveKiyone; 2007-05-29 at 23:48. Reason: spacing and spelling errors
ILoveKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 07:51   Link #10
memberofSTARS
Tru Believer

Tenchi Muyo

Is anyone into Tenchi Muyo, or ever heard of it? Or even Vandread? I just love these two anime's and wonder if anybody else are into them...
memberofSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 08:55   Link #11
Ending

I have seen the first, but not the latter. The first ten episodes or so were pretty good, plus some select others, and I loved the atmosphere. Too bad that they never took it anywhere and became fixated on the "action" part of the story/fillers.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:50   Link #12
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefanjack View Post
i am in the process of acquiring tenchi anime and was wonder the order that tecnhi series was produced
I think you might be better off looking into how the different series, OVAs and movies relate to each other, rather than the chronology of their release. There are at least three different, and unlelated, time-lines or "universes" to the Tenchi anime with major differences in characters and back-story between them.

I think it all works out something like this:

"OVA" Continuity
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki OVA 1 (episodes 1-7)
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki OVA 2 (episodes 8-13)
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki OVA 3 (episodes 14-20)
Tenchi Muyo! GPX TV (same universe but different main characters)
Tenchi Muyo! Daughter of Darkness Movie (maybe?)

Tenchi Universe Continuity
Tenchi Muyo! TV
Tenchi Muyo! In Love 1 Movie
Tenchi Muyo! In Love 2 (Tenchi Forever) Movie

Tenchi in Tokyo Continuity
Tenchi in Tokyo TV

Hope that helps!
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 21:51   Link #13
memberofSTARS
Tru Believer

Yeah something like that...but I think it's like 7 episodes in ova 3 not sure gotta check...O_o
memberofSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:36   Link #14
Zadnost

Tenchi Muyo!

Im wanting to watch Tenchi Muyo!, but if i do i want to watch the entire series of it in order can anyone name the series in order for me? ive looked in a few places but couldnt really figure it out. thx
Zadnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:29   Link #15
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadnost View Post
Im wanting to watch Tenchi Muyo!, but if i do i want to watch the entire series of it in order can anyone name the series in order for me? ive looked in a few places but couldnt really figure it out. thx
The order is listed just two messages above your post.
Old 2008-04-14, 21:53   Link #16
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
im hoping a re-release of the old ova's/universe/tokyo comes. ever since geneon well.....since "that" happened. since they owned everything besides OVA 3 (and maybe gxp)
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:04   Link #17
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
im hoping a re-release of the old ova's/universe/tokyo comes. ever since geneon well.....since "that" happened. since they owned everything besides OVA 3 (and maybe gxp)
Same here. The OVAs are actually my favorite version of the Tenchi story, and I always ment to pick up a copy. However, I kept putting it off becuase there was always something "new" I wanted to get first, and now I'm screwed. The Geneon OVAs seem to be out of stock everywhere, and prices have already skyrocketed on the second hand market.
Old 2008-04-14, 23:39   Link #18
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I have some advice Never watch Tenchi in Tokyo Tenchi Muyo Tenchi Universe and even Tenchi Muyo GXP are bearable but uhhh Tenchi in Tokyo was an atrocity. Tenchi was my first anime and i Love it more than any other but whoever created that abomination called Tenchi in Tokp should be Incarcerated immediately for crimes against humanity
Old 2008-05-29, 04:16   Link #19
Ry-Ohki4eva
Ryo-Ohki freak XD

Send a message via ICQ to Ry-Ohki4eva Send a message via AIM to Ry-Ohki4eva Send a message via Yahoo to Ry-Ohki4eva
i would SO Freak out MORE RYO-OHKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Sasami... and my second fave WASHUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ry-Ohki4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 15:27   Link #20
kujoe
from head to heel

With the way things are going, I won't be surprised if I'll be watching OVA 4 in my thirties.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a new GXP either. An old school-ish comedy once in while wouldn't bad at all.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem