AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-04-08, 05:55   Link #1
Black Opal
Bean Stalk

Post Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) [Light Novels]

Does anyone know the Mirai Nikki Light Novels? I've asked around and it seems no-one knows they exist. You can see them on MAL, Anisearch, Anime Planet, and a Tumblr Post. I can't find anywhere to read them online and even purchasing it is hard enough (IDK where too even). There are just two volumes and you can find a blurb/summery from MAL.
Black Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 12:42   Link #2
AndrewR5D4

Fascinating, but the story is long finished. The manga produced an anime and several side-stories, so unless these novels bring something new to the table, I don't know why anyone would search for them.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 10:16   Link #3
Black Opal
Bean Stalk

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Fascinating, but the story is long finished. The manga produced an anime and several side-stories, so unless these novels bring something new to the table, I don't know why anyone would search for them.
I've searched and it seems no-one has done a full English translation of it ever. It seems they have changed the story quite a bit once more, and the art included is interesting (You can find the art on Tumblr). The story isn't quite unique, but it seems the creators have changed/removed parts of the climax. I've also found that "the final chapter attempts to describe a detached, ethereal perspective on Yuki and Yuno’s godhood." (Described by what I've read online).

Last edited by Black Opal; 2021-04-14 at 09:13.
Old 2021-04-14, 09:12   Link #4
Black Opal
Bean Stalk

Arrow

After seeing reviews by people who understand Japanese/Japanese people, I've found out that the story is told from multiple perspectives (inclu. Deus') in First Person. The story is the same but has some things have been cut out. They've said it's interesting, but if you want something new [story-wise], you'll be let down.

Tags
discussion, future diary, light novel, manga, mirai nikki