AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-05-30, 17:50   Link #121
Rei's Cookies
Rei little soeur

1) Oniisama e...
2) Maria-sama ga Miteru
3) Rose of Versailles
4) Azumanga Daioh
5) Haibane-Renmei

The main animes I love to watch revolve around girls. ^__^
Rei's Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:18   Link #122
mah_damey

in no order

fruits basket

scrapped princess

last exile

wolfs rain

princess mononoke
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 20:44   Link #123
LK_LoA

I'm not sure whether I answered to this thread before. Still it would make an interesting update given the new anime...

Macross Zero
Macross Plus had nice dogfights and focus on the Valkyries but had flabby storytelling and a tacked-on 'epic' ending. Macross Zero has better direction and there's been an undercurrent of war all the way. Surprisingly the best chereographed fight scene to me was the dogfight between the normal planes. Although the Roy Fokker and his Russian rival came close. =P

Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door (the Movie)
Wow, the movie is what the episodes could have been and wasn't due to the time restriction/budget etc. Vincent is a better tragic villian that Vicious. Something about having a katana in a world with handguns didn't appeal to me.

Jinroh
Red Riding Hood carries a bomb. Makes me wish for an OVA or TV series of the Cerebus Panzer Crops. The ending blows you away literally.

Figure 17
A weird mish-mash of genres but I saw it as mainly a growing-up anime with the sci-fi elements as plot devices. The ending is emotional but without much fanfare as befits the series.

Kokoro Toshokan
Episode 11 ... this is the best climax ever. The anti-war message from the reading and it highlights the difference between "offense is the best defence" and "I'll protect my people". Who ever though that such a cutesy anime can have such a deep message.
This anime is the one that cements Chiwa Saitou as the best seiyuu ever for crying scenes. If you don't have a crying scene, you're wasted her talent!
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 02:14   Link #124
Late
Peelo

Not in order.

- Naruto
- One Piece
- Planetes
- Cowboy Bebop
- Midori no Hibi

Edit: Update ^^

Last edited by Late; 2004-06-15 at 19:13.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 21:12   Link #125
machinistchild

Send a message via MSN to machinistchild
5. Flcl - Funny but weird. and that big red robot was cool
4. Scryed - Very action packed
3. His And Her Circumstances
2. Gto - The thing that onizuka does is crazy. and he gets away with it too.
1. Chobits - Loved it from begging to end. except the special episode at the end . it was kinda dumb
machinistchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 21:16   Link #126
donna8157

My top 5 Series would consist of:

Rurouni Kenshin - I liked how it was based off of historical facts and how the characters were portrayed.

Naruto - Great story and great creativity on behalf of the creator, Kishimoto.

Princess Tutu - Beautiful. Not what you would expect from a magical girl type of anime series.

Utena - Intriguing story that was quite dark.

Twelve Kingdoms - One of the best plots and had no fillers.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 22:25   Link #127
momojigari
Great I-Jin

1. GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka - This one has drama, action, comedy, and romance with a lil' echi all rolled into one unique package.

2. Naruto One of those animes that comes once in a blue moon and it still keeps getting better!!

3. Hellsing Alucard is just one bad-@ss kickin' vampire. You just don't mess with that.

4. Love Hina - One of those animes where u just wanna see a character get whopped by a girl!! hahah..poor keitaro.

5. CHOBITS My very first completed anime series. They say you never forget your firsts in everything..so how can we forget the part where Chii was saying..Pantsu..pantsu. Ahh memories!
momojigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 01:29   Link #128
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

In no order (except Mononoke Hime, which is my number 1)

Mononoke Hime (no questions, hands down, a work of art)
Cowboy Bebop + Knockin on Heaven's Door (a classic)
Full Metal Panic- Season 1 + Fumoffu (Funny or amazing beyond belief)
Noir (OST and action kept me drooling)
Scrapped Princess (plot and theme unlike anything I've ever seen b4 in anime)

In close second:

Now and Then, Here and There (Incredibly powerful, but too disturbing)
Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien (It's a bishoujo, what can I say?)
Read or Die the OVA (Haven't watched the series yet, but OVA was terrific. Too short and too many questions to be in top 5)

I may have eclectic tastes, but I stay afloat. I'll watch anything, but I guess I'm partial to the more realistic or artsy actions films (no shounen for me!)
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 00:35   Link #129
Rikichi

Last Exile
Yukikaze
Kiddy Grade
Vandread
Habaine
Rikichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 02:07   Link #130
arias

I need to argue that there needs to be more Ghibli in this thread.

Unless this thread is about anime series.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 02:36   Link #131
aahhsin

1. Dragon Ball Z

This is number one because it introduced Anime outside of Japan. There should be no reason why this isn't number 1. DBZ as much as you hate it (dunno why I enjoyed it) it's the best anime to break the ice to new fans. I don't know about you, but DBZ didn't get popular because it sucked. If it sucked it wouldn't be as popular as it is.

2. Pokemon

Cmon any idiot can see what it did to the entire world.

3. Doremon

I grew up with this, heck my mom knows more about Doremon then I do... she even collected the Manga, that's gotta mean something.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 03:20   Link #132
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
2. Pokemon

Cmon any idiot can see what it did to the entire world.
While I don't dislike the anime (Heck, the latest movie is actually really, really good), I think it was more the games that brought on the phenomenon. Backed up by the show, the merchandising, and a successful card game at a time when such games were a really big thing created a splash the world over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I need to argue that there needs to be more Ghibli in this thread.

Unless this thread is about anime series.
I would argue that this thread needs less of the trendy, popular this week, unpopular the next, anime, and more of the really, really good anime that is remembered fondly many years afterwards. Ghibli, Matsumoto, and Yokoyama Mitsuteru's works don't seem to get as much respect in the internet community's short term memory span that can't seem to recall anything before Eva, and even that is starting to get a little fuzzy.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 05:43   Link #133
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I cannot decide, so I will just list the animes that has inspired me for the past twenty years I have been watching anime.

In no particular order (some, i do not know official English title):

[clipped for brevity...]

other animes are very great in their own respective ways. However in a sense how they have affected me in my life for the past twenty years, these animes stand out personally as a vivid memory of my years.
What, no Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro? I remember watching this series with my Mom during my childhood years... I'd kill to get this series on DVD!

And to stay OT:

1. Nausicaa
2. Tetsuwan Atomu
3. Gingatetsudo 999 ("Galaxy Express 999." I just can't get used to that...)
4. Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro
5. Sentou Yousei Yukikaze (I'm an aircraft engineer, what can I say)

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 11:48   Link #134
Daisakura
Studio Gangsta

HI All First Post!! Wizz-oooot!!!

1- Koko wa Greenwood [This show hit me like a rock on how cool and different it was... I just wish it was longer, thank god for Manga]
2- Ranma 1/2 [Ranma is the MAN!! and too many cool personalities]
3- Sailor Moon(all Seasons except SuperS, this show haunts me... I have no idea why I love it soo much!)
4- Azumanga Daioh(the single funniest show EVER!!)
5- Ah! Megami-Sama(My favorite anime character is MY BOY K-1!!)

I guess I'm alot different then most of you guys, huh...
Daisakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 08:27   Link #135
Russelwhite
GRAND MASTER EURO SENNIN

Location: Deaths House....the one with the multidimensional golf course...
Send a message via MSN to Russelwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd

I would argue that this thread needs less of the trendy, popular this week, unpopular the next, anime, and more of the really, really good anime that is remembered fondly many years afterwards. Ghibli, Matsumoto, and Yokoyama Mitsuteru's works don't seem to get as much respect in the internet community's short term memory span that can't seem to recall anything before Eva, and even that is starting to get a little fuzzy.
Agreed, I can remember thoroughly enjoying some of the earlier works in anime...vague peices that never really managed to make it big outside of japan but nevertheless put most modern anime to shame (and for gods sake noteworthy readers please dont try comparing pokemon to these)...the days of 8th Man (The Armored Man), Gigantor (Return Of The Spider), Astroboy (The Monster Machine), and Leo the Lion (The Case of the Moonlight Stone) are sadly missed (more for their originality than anything else). I'm still trying to find some story driven anime that is as good or better than haibane renmei, serial experiments: lain, or even last exile....sadly nothing much seems to have poped up (samurai champloo looked interesting for the first ep but it got licenced). I still cant beleive how badly they screwed up the artimage: polymatrix english release, even as I watched it I knew it used to be a good anime (I had actually seen the original japanese ova's) but I couldnt really get past the crappy dubbs to see its hidden charm in the english version...well, just goes to further the lesson that the only good dub is a dead dub (so far anyway).

Darcy White

Last edited by Russelwhite; 2004-06-05 at 08:41.
Russelwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 09:20   Link #136
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The reason for not mentioning older animes must be, that most people cut down on their top 5 by the question "What anime would be the best from my present point of view?". To say that you enjoyed those older animes a couple of years ago, so they must be very good is as wrong as to always name the newest animes because you`d like to watch them right now.

In the first case you didn`t know the newer animes back then, so if you just remember how much you liked the old ones in the past you don`t give the new ones a fair chance. In the other case, if you`d have to decide what anime you would like to watch right know, you`d probably chose an anime currently running.

Also, I asume that your taste changed over the time. If I think of myself when I first watched anime, I enjoyed stuff very much back then, that I would rate "OK" at the most by now. Again, to rate the old animes after your "old taste" and use your new preferences on the new ones would give new anime a disadvantage.

If you think those old ones are still great, then there is no problem naming them here though.

enough talking, here`s my personal top 5 (no order, it was hard enough to cut down on 5):

- Witch Hunter Robin (for the plot, the mood and Robins cute hairstyle )

- Scrapped Princess (for...I just love it ... )

- 3x3 - Eyes (for cool evil demons, even cooler magical powers and a lot of mystery )

- Jin Roh (for me this is the best [and saddest] anime movie ever )

- Azumanga Daioh! (for the fun part in my top 5 this anime showed me the true meaning of "rofl" )
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 14:33   Link #137
arias

Uhh.. So little Ghibli.

Porco Rosso (passionate)
Princess Mononoke (gripping)
Spirited Away (entrancing)
Sky Castle of Laputa (magical)
Totoro (very cute)

I would seriously consider all these my top anime.. but anyways, Azumanga Daioh is a pretty good choice for me too. It wasn't extremely funny in the beginning, but it got progressively more humorous and whacky. And Chiyo-chaaaannn....
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 21:39   Link #138
mattato
art snob

Send a message via AIM to mattato
macross
cowboy bebop
ghost in the shell
patlabor 2
castle of cagliostro
mattato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 21:50   Link #139
hexleo

TOP 5 anime of all time?

doraemon (i haven't seen that in years)
Rupan sanei (again havent seen in years)
Hunter X Hunter (actualy i like the manga better)
Dragon Ball ( i hated the english dubbs)
Detective Connan

i stopped watching connan quite a wile a go so i lost the plot and then i got the chance to watch it again (i get videos sent to me and some times connan is on) it was a special ep and connan gets close to Vermouth, lots happen, that was the most recent episode i saw.
hexleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 00:23   Link #140
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Top 5 Anime of multi-choice

Most overrated, poor-written, crappy anime of all time:

1. FLCL (Oh, yes it is truely the greatest anime of all ime. I mean, you must be a genius to make an overrated poorly animated anime the creators made while drunk, right? WRONG. It toook me a long time to realized IT SUCKED.) Note: Not worst anime. Not even on top ten. Anyone who says it holds a deep meaning is talking a bunch of BS. It was made to advertise for a kick-ass band called "The Pillows".
Repeat after me. You will buy the soundtrack.

2. Digimon (What's with the stipid teenaged fans praising a childrens show? What a bunch of doinks.)

3. Naruto (Naruto is just DBZ with ninjas, but duller somehow, despite ninjas kinking ass. Fanboys of this show deserve to realize this fact.)

4. DBZ (The fans: Wow, all they do is scream and recycle fighting animation. This is the greatest thing ever made! Me: No, it takes 5 seconds to think up because it sucks!)

5. DBGT (See DBZ above, but worse. This is one of the top 10 worst anime ever.)

Worst anime period:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

If I hear one more person say it's deeper in the Japanese version, I will walk up to their house and beat the crap out of them. It's a 23 minute commercial for the love of freaking God! 0_o It's poorly animated, poorly written, slow-paced that makes DBZ look rushed. This is the worst anime of all time.

2. Wedding Peach

Take all the greatness of Sailor Moon. Then throw it across the room, torch it, then flush it down the toliet, then take the rest and run down the street and shoot it. Momoko's a whiny bitch whose voic makes my ears bleed. The villians make the Amazon Trio look like there in business suits, stupid named enchanted items called the "Saint Something Four". (I kid you not.) The main femle leads are supposed to be best friends?! Yeah, right.

3. Dragonball GT

What the hell is this?! Do my eyes decieve me, or is it a Cash-cow? It's more poorly written, poorly animted that DBZ ever was (Which is a hard feat to pull off.) Turn his crap off. Watch something else.

4. Pilot Candidate

Now I will quote a character: "Hmmmmm........ very intresting......" Yeah. It's intresting on how anyone can not fall asleep while watching this.

One night, I said these words which hold graet and pwerful meaning, "Tim, could you sit up please? I can still see the TV." I haven't been this bored since football season (no offense football fans.)

Note: I will not list the next one to avoid more hate posts.

No top 5 greatest anime because there is no greatest anime of all tme. Everyone has a complaint about an anime, therefore making all anime imperfect in a way.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five