AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Angel Beats! character(s)
Tenshi/Tachibana Kanade 244 59.37%
Nakamura Yuri 178 43.31%
Otonashi Yuzuru 145 35.28%
Hinata Hideki 135 32.85%
Yui 167 40.63%
Shiina 103 25.06%
T.K. 141 34.31%
Takamatsu 18 4.38%
Fujimaki 11 2.68%
Takeyama 9 2.19%
Ooyama 20 4.87%
Noda 35 8.52%
Matsushita 10 2.43%
Naoi Ayato 64 15.57%
Yusa 45 10.95%
Iwasawa Asami 102 24.82%
Hisako 28 6.81%
Irie Miyuki 19 4.62%
Sekine Shiori 21 5.11%
Otonashi Hatsune 21 5.11%
Igarashi 11 2.68%
Saitou 4 0.97%
Chaa 5 1.22%
Evil Tenshi (Clones) 34 8.27%
Others (specify) 5 1.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-13, 09:53   Link #121
kaitok
Inspired Musician

gahh!! i'm so stuck in this poll! I love both Shiina and Iwasawa!!!!
Old 2011-10-25, 13:58   Link #122
Sunburst

I prefer Iwasawa and Shiina.

Shiina has a really adorable personality and especial her weakness for cute things makes her very likeable.

Iwasawa is just amazing -I don't thinks its necessary to explain why I voted for her
Old 2011-10-25, 16:04   Link #123
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
I prefer Iwasawa and Shiina.

Shiina has a really adorable personality and especial her weakness for cute things makes her very likeable.

Iwasawa is just amazing -I don't thinks its necessary to explain why I voted for her
seems like i found a best friend in trouble here. LOL. But I voted for Shiina. Her cuteness is just too irresistible there's a pulling force from her to click and vote for her.....

nah, cus she's my first fav char since ep 1 XD
Old 2011-10-26, 09:55   Link #124
Sunburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
Her cuteness is just too irresistible there's a pulling force from her to click and vote for her.....

nah, cus she's my first fav char since ep 1 XD
I know what you mean^^

But why didn't you vote for both?
Old 2011-10-27, 10:02   Link #125
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
I know what you mean^^

But why didn't you vote for both?
you could vote for both?!!? BOTH?!!??

OMGGGGGGGGG I WANT TO REVOTE!!!

i didnt know that you could select two choices!! -_- that's why i only selected 1. i didnt see any comments saying that they voted for 2 person as well. ZZZZ omg
Old 2011-10-29, 17:39   Link #126
Tager

T.K isnt really a main character, but I enjoyed him and his random english phrases. Otherwise I would say Tenshi is my favorite character.
Old 2011-10-29, 22:03   Link #127
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tager View Post
T.K isnt really a main character, but I enjoyed him and his random english phrases. Otherwise I would say Tenshi is my favorite character.
Sometimes, the side characters have the most awesome in them.
Old 2011-10-31, 22:39   Link #128
webkid94
*Author

T.K - Instead of "Get chance and luck".... "KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR". Love this guy!

Otonashi - This is how you make a male protagonist. Even when the focus is more towards Kanade, Otonashi isn't just a forgettable male MC he's got a past (sad one too...T__T) and he's very likeable. Of course, being voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi (Natsume <3) makes him more awesome than he already was.

Yuri - At first gave me Haruhi vibes, i really enjoyed her character especially during the comedic parts of the show.

Kanade - I knew from episode 1 that she was going to be a good character and she definitely was. So innocent, adorable and intriguing!

Takematsu - Megane with abs? AW RIGHT!

Hinata - The test-switching episode was priceless with him.
Old 2011-12-03, 03:14   Link #129
Huatuo
Supreme Commander

Location: Beyond the heaven within the Gensokyo above the netherworld inside the Takeda house in Ikebukuro...?
BEST ANIME EVER!!!! LOVES EVERYONE~!! But I had to pick the best......X(

Yuri: Loves her leadership, always leading the team into victory!

Hinata: Always make me laugh!!! Especially at episode 4!!!! XD Very encouraging and friendly character.

T.K:.............EPICNESS.

Noda: His idiotic action makes the story a lot more interesting!!!! It make me died of laughing HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! XD Other than that......he's......DA BOSS..."100 HIT'S"

Naoi: His hypnotism...WIN

Izay....er...Otonashi!: A good example of "How to become a good main characters". Always make a humorous remarks. Very sad past. A very seasonable characters. My FAV. XD

Last edited by Huatuo; 2011-12-03 at 03:26.
Old 2011-12-26, 22:50   Link #130
chaosangel
iwasawa fan

i have to choose iwasawa she is my very favorite character because she is amazing and extremly cute. Enough said.
Old 2011-12-29, 03:30   Link #131
allaboutshuffle
shuffle fan

My favorite is naoi because his passion and humor clips
Old 2012-02-25, 07:38   Link #132
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

I voted for:

Kanade - Do I need to say why? It's pretty obvious that without her, I wouldn't watch this series, and her MOE is damn real good!

Yuzuru - well, as for the main protagonist. He moved us all. That's all. Call it long for short

Hinata - first friend of Yuzuru in SSS

Yui - her hyperactive personality makes me laugh out loud, especially when she accidentally hung herself in episode 4

That's all
Old 2012-03-22, 19:31   Link #133
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I'm seriously upset that Yuzuru of all people got such a low vote total compared to the two female leads. Even TK beat him. I mean, what the hell? He's the epicenter of everything Angel Beats. The way he drove the narrative with his reasonably but nonetheless remarkably altruistic actions, the way that he figured out every single major plot point without being a superhuman invincible leader or impossible genius, and even in his dying breaths how he signed that form to become an organ donor to save the girl he'd one day come to fall in love with in the afterlife. Heck, without him, the Kanade you know and love would have never come to be. The first two episodes would basically be the entire anime (I hated the first two episodes).

All in all, I was impressed at how well he drove the story while still being a likable person all his own. He probably wouldn't have moved the series along as he did if he were slightly more passive or reluctant as many other main protagonists are in anime, but he did his job and then some. Move over Yuri, this was the real star of the show.

All of that and you vote for the predictable purple-haired pair of tits with the gun and the silver-haired emotionless doll that appears in like, every anime? Man, you guys suck.

Okay, I have a confession to make. If Yuzuru were my favorite character, Kanade is undoubtedly my second favorite. The second I saw her in the OP playing that piano beautifully, and standing serene amidst the battlefield of the first episode, I knew what kind of character she was going to be. Not one thing she did surprised me (save for a brief exchange in the final episode, but we'll have that conversation another time)..however, I can do naught but bemoan my fateful taste in fictional characters as her character archetype finds its way into my heart every time. She's adorable, frighteningly proficient in combat, and her scenes are some of the most moving and fluidly animated in the anime (a true compliment, considering this series is covered in jaw-dropping aesthetics and emotional moments). She, alongside Yuzuru, was vital to the progression of the story.

Yui: I'll admit, I didn't like her at first, but after episode 10, we all do. The level of energy and humor she brings to this series is undeniable. I was on the fucking floor when the guys kept putting her in strangleholds every time she said or did something stupid.

Hinata gets the final mention by being a legitimately good friend and a swell guy all around who played a brief but rather significant role in my favorite episode of the series. I thought he was a little strange at first because of his quick and rather forward bond to our main hero, but after they stopped the jokes, allowed him to mellow out a bit, and showed how, in the rare moment's he's serious, that his ability to move people rivaled that of Yuzuru's, he left me smiling with every appearance.

The way his fate was contradicted so that we could grow more attached to him all the way up to the finale was surprisingly brilliant as well. I mean come on. We knew his ass was gone the second he caught that fly ball. But his role in the series wasn't quite over yet. It was a great move to keep him and I respect that decision on the writers' part.
Old 2012-03-24, 08:21   Link #134
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I second this, Yzuru is the man.

Haven't liked a male lead like him since Tomoya.
Old 2012-04-15, 15:33   Link #135
Tsugaru0_0
つがるしゃみせん

Yusa is sooo underrated. She's adorable >.<
Old 2012-04-26, 22:00   Link #136
lastcrusade101

Kanade, because i want to hug her.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:19   Link #137
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Since not enough people have said anything about Ayato, let me explain why I voted for him. He has a very cool arrogance about him that makes him stand out from the rest of the mostly friendly main cast. This foil, and his ability to open up to Yuzuru, made him a very interesting character in my eyes. His backstory made me slightly more sympathetic to him, but only slightly. I don't think he was a good character so much as he was a well-played chess piece. How does it feel to be crazy enough to convince yourself you're God? I hope I never know.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:58   Link #138
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Kanade is simply amazing although in the ending i wish she could've said more.