AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 06:28   Link #3041
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
just tried wicked wind + critical mass. its OP.
Yeah. People used to think it's underpowered spell, but once I tried it, I just realized it's one of the best spell to trigger critical mass' effect.
Old 2012-07-02, 16:25   Link #3042
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The solution is to get lvl60 with good gear.
Hmm, you're slightly more helpful than Blizzard in giving this pearl of advice, but I'll take what we can get and share it with the masses!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 19:01   Link #3043
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hmm, you're slightly more helpful than Blizzard in giving this pearl of advice, but I'll take what we can get and share it with the masses!
Touche. I've found that the so-called "good gear" (especially weapons) get unreasonably expensive very quickly. If it's a 1000+ DPS 1hander with stats AND a socket, well, it's out of reach for semi-casuals like myself.

The inability to break that DPS wall is one of the reasons why I'm playing my Wizard instead of my monk, unless I'm with friends, which means we can faceroll everything up to the Act boss.
Old 2012-07-02, 21:21   Link #3044
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So I was playing hardcore, and I learned you can't turn down trade windows. Which means you can suddenly take away half of someone's screen by shoving the trade window at them.

What?

Well, if someone pisses me off, I'll trade window pk them.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-02, 21:38   Link #3045
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
So I was playing hardcore, and I learned you can't turn down trade windows. Which means you can suddenly take away half of someone's screen by shoving the trade window at them.

What?

Well, if someone pisses me off, I'll trade window pk them.
Wait, I could have sworn that there was an option to disable that. Let me double-check it out.

ADD] Hmm... looks like there isn't after all. Strange... could have sworn I saw one. Must have been some other game.

Natch.

Last edited by Skane; 2012-07-02 at 21:48.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:59   Link #3046
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
So I was playing hardcore, and I learned you can't turn down trade windows...
That's just bad coding on Blizzard's part; I have to wonder how such a thing got past quality control... oh, wait... as I understand it, management is more interested in 'protecting the RMAH' than actually working on gameplay...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 22:19   Link #3047
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
That's just bad coding on Blizzard's part; I have to wonder how such a thing got past quality control... oh, wait... as I understand it, management is more interested in 'protecting the RMAH' than actually working on gameplay...
Pretty sure Blizzard laid off their QA team.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:53   Link #3048
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Okay, since I am playing a Wizard for my alt, should I shoot for the highest DPS weapon I can grab, or build up defenses first (currently working my way to Hell)?
Old 2012-07-02, 23:58   Link #3049
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

I would just focus on damage with vitality on the side. It isn't until inferno where you have to actually start to gear for survival stats due to the ridiculousness of elites and affix combinations + scaled HP.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 00:13   Link #3050
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Okay, since I am playing a Wizard for my alt, should I shoot for the highest DPS weapon I can grab, or build up defenses first (currently working my way to Hell)?
Depend on what's your build. If you aim for Critical Mass build, then you don't really need that high resistance. I can keep my crystal shield going on for the whole encounter.
Old 2012-07-03, 05:16   Link #3051
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Duo Maxwell: My friend who plays a wizard uses the same build as you, and I saw it was very effective. Unfortunately, he gets killed in one or two hits if his Shield goes down all of a sudden. :P

Anyway, my friends (the aforementioned Critical Mass Wizard, Barbarian) and I FINALLY got the barbarian past Belial. We had to coerce another friend to bring his Daemonhunter for DPS though, and I do mean coerce, as he kept on insisting that he goes down in one hit to Belial. Not exactly true as we soon found out, but he does die if he's hit by the smash attack.

Well, he quickly learned to move waaaay back behind my monk. He still died several times (at the end, his repair build was around 20k) but I was on resurrection duty, and in the end the Lord of Lies went down.

We're going through Act 3 now. Pretty chaotic with 4 players, but somehow it actually seems easier than on solo.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-07-03 at 05:32.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 20:00   Link #3052
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Hmm, I am also playing a Wizard and have no idea what's going on. This is hardcore though, so I'd think more defensive skills have to be used but not enough slots which confuses me.

On the other hand, she has way better outfits than my monk.

I'm interested in "slow time". Is it any good, and can I fit this in here? She's only lvl 26 atm.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QfXR!ac!Zaaaaa

On the other hand it's pretty hilarious to buy random crap off the AH and run around normal with a mighty 390 dps like a boss. The hardcore AH also seems far more fluid, since low level items do have more value.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-03, 20:39   Link #3053
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You don't want to leave out teleport, ever, if you are playing HC. Usually I only use Crystal Shield, Nova and Teleport for defensive skills.

The only time Slow Time good is in party, with 20% increase in damage taken. It becomes obsolete pretty early when you meet fast stuffs. I tried it several times when soloing but couldn't find its usefulness. It'd be better if it both slows and reduces projectiles damage. It's lame how a slow moving spear suddenly touch me and I'm dead.
Old 2012-07-04, 18:19   Link #3054
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So while sources are awesome for dealing out damage, a discussion with the people I play with suggest that I may be better off using a shield now that I'm out of normal. If this wasn't hc, it wouldn't matter at all, but Blizzard's inability to maintain stable servers appears to be the greatest challenge.

So I buy a shield off the AH for a cheap 5k, and another square topaz for 130g (would cost more to socket my current thing) But what's with the interface lying? That can't be a 4% defense difference can it? It's a 32% armor increase and a 8% increase in damage reduction. Where's the 4% coming from? Is it calculating overall damage reduction from resists too?

Spoiler:

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-04, 20:34   Link #3055
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
No offense to you but I still believe this complaint to be quite silly. Please correct me if I misunderstand but to me it seems that you're trying to kill enemies at the hardest difficulty setting with an undergeared/underleveled team and complain about them doing huge damage since, well, that should be fairly obvious.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:42   Link #3056
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Hmm, looking at the variant Critical Mass wizard builds, it seems ridiculously gear-dependent (+ to Crit chance doesn't increase naturally), and whats more, the gear in question is much more expensive now. The problem with this is if Blizzard decides to suddenly nerf Critical Hit Chance in the same way they did ASPD, well, you're definitely in a bind.
Old 2012-07-04, 20:45   Link #3057
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
No offense to you but I still believe this complaint to be quite silly. Please correct me if I misunderstand but to me it seems that you're trying to kill enemies at the hardest difficulty setting with an undergeared/underleveled team and complain about them doing huge damage since, well, that should be fairly obvious.
No offense to you either, but please do more research before you try to speak on the issue, or at least get there yourself before you judge the value of people's complaints. Pro Tip: You can't be underleveled for Inferno. Everyone complaining about it isn't just complaining about the enemies merely doing too much damage or being too hard but the curve is too steep and certain mods are literally impossible even with godly gear in the later parts. It's currently more level, but for the most part you can't find gear to beat act 2 in act 1. You can wreck any trash mob, 95% of elites, and the act boss while blindfolding yet against an imba combo, it won't matter as you go down in a few seconds. In the same act. Isn't there something wrong with that?

The reason why most of us even got past act 2 pre-patch was because people exploited a bug to get into act 3, vendor crap and flooded the economy with later act items. How many people in inferno can attest that half their gear was found by themselves? Most likely not.

There's a few hundred posts on this issue in this very thread, if you care to read.

Trust me, most of us know when our play level is not at the right level. I never complained at say, Starcraft 2, because I knew I simply lacked the tactics and strategy to compete at say Masters' level. When I look at D3, and my error is "not grinding for days on end, not using the RMAH, and not cheating to bypass the difficulty", well... I feel that kind of gameplay is fundamentally flawed.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-07-04 at 20:56.
Old 2012-07-04, 20:56   Link #3058
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

My only complain is the freaking level 52 items drop on Inferno. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hmm, looking at the variant Critical Mass wizard builds, it seems ridiculously gear-dependent (+ to Crit chance doesn't increase naturally), and whats more, the gear in question is much more expensive now. The problem with this is if Blizzard decides to suddenly nerf Critical Hit Chance in the same way they did ASPD, well, you're definitely in a bind.
The same as Throwing Barb. For a Critical Mass Wiz, you really need gears that +arcane power on crit, and around 33% crit chance so you can keep Wicked Wind on without running out of Arcane Power. It'd be better if Venom Hydra could proc crit like Twister, but apparently it does not, so use whichever spell that could keep on doing damage while you are refreshing Frost Nova/Crystal Shield. Meteor is another choice, but it's draining Arcane Power way too fast so I'm kinda reluctant to use it until I can find gear with more Arcane Power .

Well, that's a build I'm using when playing solo or when I'm tanking. If there is another one does the tanking, then I could switch to my sweet burning build to wreck havoc.

Quote:
not grinding for days on end
But isn't that what make Diablo? The grinding.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:02   Link #3059
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
But isn't that what make Diablo? The grinding.
Grinding had a purpose in Diablo 2. One is mainly pvp (wait, where is this in D3?) , or to tackle special bonus areas like Uber Tristram which gave access to unique items that could only be found there.

In Diablo 3, you're basically just grinding for the sake of grinding items to go into areas... to get better items. It's certainly a wonderful thing, and I'm not objecting to the grind. The problem is that the time spent to reward/ ratio and risk to reward ratio is out of whack. That's the main problem atm.

And I'm not the only one that thinks this, given the drop buffs and difficulty being lowered. However, when the game is balanced with the subtlety of fanservice in ecchi anime, I'd say there is a problem.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-07-04 at 21:17.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:03   Link #3060
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

The reward ratio is terrible. Your chances of getting something you can use is absurdly small.

Poison resist / intellect on barbarian only belt... Really? All these garbage combination possibilities is just endless.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler