AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 01:29   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 670 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 01:40   Link #2
Jellal
Anime Critic

I've waited for this moment for 9 years. I'm satisfied.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 01:42   Link #3
akumaten

So all about "making your path" and "defying destiny", is all one big lie in this manga.
Naruto is going to learn some jutsu from this guy
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 01:48   Link #4
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

indra was reincarnated into sasuke, obviously
Old 2014-03-26, 01:51   Link #5
Tchadnis

man yall missed it that mean So6p had a brother ? mean their might be others children
Old 2014-03-26, 01:52   Link #6
DKN117

Sage: "Because my mother ate the Chakra Fruit, all the people of this world gained the ability to use chakra."

Me: (looks at own mega-xover fanfic scenes of people from other worlds, with no connection to the Naruto-verse, learning jutsu and using chakra-based attacks, and of ki, chi, & chakra being the exact same force just with different names) ...(plugs ears) NOT LISTENING LA-LA-LA-LA
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:04   Link #7
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

His mother ate the Cha-Cha fruit! She is a Chakra human!

That's it guys, Naruto is the prequel to One Piece!
Old 2014-03-26, 02:10   Link #8
ranchan13

And there's our asspull to explain how Naruto gets the Rinnegan.
1: He's the reincarnation of the Sage's younger son
2: Sage had a brother, could he perhaps be the ancestral founder of the Uzumaki?

God Kishi, PLEASE KEEP NARUTO'S EYES PURE! He don't need no Rinnegan.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:12   Link #9
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
indra was reincarnated into sasuke, obviously
And Madara
Which means Naruto is also a Reincarnation of Hashirama
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:13   Link #10
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Great chapter!

The original sons got reincarnated in every era. I guess, back then it was Madara and Hashi. Now it's Naruto and probably Sasuke.

One thing! What did the sage mean when he said the younger brother gained the same power as the older? Did he also gain sharingan? Since we saw that they were using Susano's to fight each other.

And WTF happened to the sage's brother?

What will he entrust Naruto with? New way of thinking? New power?

And from what place did his mother came? Did she look that "demonic" after eating the fruit, or before?

Maybe the sage's brother become an Uzumaki?!

And just because I can! If younger brother gained the same power as the older (sharingan). And Naruto is literally reincarnation of him. And with Naruto talking with sage and him saying he will entrust something to Naruto. Get ready people! Here comes rinnegan Naruto

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2014-03-26 at 02:26.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:18   Link #11
Spelt

Just get back to Gai already!
Old 2014-03-26, 02:31   Link #12
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
2: Sage had a brother, could he perhaps be the ancestral founder of the Uzumaki?
What I thought about, when I heard that he had a brother was, that the author is creating a setup to make the series go even longer.
So a while after the war against Madara, the Sage's brother (or some descendants) will show up and turn out to be an even bigger threat.

But I really hope it won't go this way.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:32   Link #13
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Anyone else thought Kaguya was hot!?

Also you got to appreciate the irony. The most powerful person was a women! In Naruto! Lol!
Old 2014-03-26, 02:46   Link #14
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
One thing! What did the sage mean when he said the younger brother gained the same power as the older? Did he also gain sharingan?
Because Ashura wasn't shown with a sharingan, and the sage stated the charkra within his body bloomed, I'm going to deduce that by "same power", the sage meant "strength equivalent to".

Quote:
Since we saw that they were using Susano's to fight each other.
Hm that seems like a stretch, those don't appear to be both susanoos to me. It's clear that Naruto's chakra cloak very closely resembles whatever ability Ashura is using and we obviously know why. Inheriting Ashura's chakra is why Naruto's cloak is different from the others. It seems to be some kind of body chakra technique, not a doujutsu. Thus far all Susanoos appear very similar; those two techniques shown don't.

Quote:
And just because I can! If younger brother gained the same power as the older (sharingan). And Naruto is literally reincarnation of him. And with Naruto talking with sage and him saying he will entrust something to Naruto. Get ready people! Here comes rinnegan Naruto
Out of curiosity, with all that Naruto has (and is about to get), why is this particular power which his clan heritage has no association with such a big deal for you?
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 04:38   Link #15
battle22

It was interesting.

The plot really resembles Legend of Korra/Avatar now. The Avatar gets reincarnated every 200 years, just like these two brothers.

It's not a bad thing though. The beginnings are always interesting to read. Wish the whole Manga was this mysterious and magical.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:45   Link #16
II Maestro

Sage of Six Paths didn't even bother where his mother came from before she ate the fruit.

And so what happened to Sage of Six Paths brother?

Wonder what Naruto will get from the Sage of Six Paths?
Old 2014-03-26, 04:59   Link #17
ImperialFlameGod8190

Not gonna lie this might be the most irritating thing this manga has done
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 05:18   Link #18
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
Because Ashura wasn't shown with a sharingan, and the sage stated the charkra within his body bloomed, I'm going to deduce that by "same power", the sage meant "strength equivalent to".
The other translation does suggest this.

Quote:
Hm that seems like a stretch, those don't appear to be both susanoos to me. It's clear that Naruto's chakra cloak very closely resembles whatever ability Ashura is using and we obviously know why. Inheriting Ashura's chakra is why Naruto's cloak is different from the others. It seems to be some kind of body chakra technique, not a doujutsu. Thus far all Susanoos appear very similar; those two techniques shown don't.
It could be. The only reason I question it. Was because the head was really weird. It resembled Madara's susano's head.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, with all that Naruto has (and is about to get), why is this particular power which his clan heritage has no association with such a big deal for you?
That line was meant as a joke. As for why I did it. Some time ago I got insulted (personally) on another place. For even thinking Naruto with rinnegan. So now I like to joke about it. And irritate the anti Naruto/rinnegan people.

Anyway as I said and you can see. That part of my post wasn't all that serious.
Old 2014-03-26, 05:31   Link #19
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Damn are Kaguya and Hagoromo demi-humans or something? Seems like it.
Personally I think Indra might have split and reincarnated into Madara and Sasuke, as well as the fact that they all developed Perfect Suanano'oh.

And we could have possibly seen the possible limit to Naruto's chakra mode.
I'm kinda thankful that Naruto isn't the Sage's reincarnation, but his son's instead, anyone else feel that way?
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 05:46   Link #20
JustRob

To be honest I still don't think Naruto will get the Rinnegan. Ashura was the guy who didn't have the special eyes, but had to do everything through hard work. And Naruto is the reincarnation of that. It would be dumb to give him special eyes now.

Only thing I'm not satisfied with yet is the loose end of Hagoromo's brother. The Sage of the Six Paths had a brother, what happened to him?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion