AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-09-08, 19:41   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Impact of Anime Febli Arc on Novel/Manga Canon

This is a thread for Railgun S anime viewers to discuss the details of the anime-original second arc and how the events and character portrayed may or may not deviate from novel/manga canon, and what impact (if any) this may have on future events (or ways this is inconsistent with novel/manga portrayals of characters in future events).

All manga content may be discussed here without spoiler tags. If you are discussing things from the Index Novels, please use properly-labelled spoiler tags.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 19:44   Link #2
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

will Febli appear in the novel/manga?
Old 2013-09-08, 19:57   Link #3
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^My guess is that they'll mention her once or twice in the manga and maybe the LN illustrator (can't remember his name atm) will draw him a few cameos in the LNs like with Harue.
Old 2013-09-08, 21:43   Link #4
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^My guess is that they'll mention her once or twice in the manga and maybe the LN illustrator (can't remember his name atm) will draw him a few cameos in the LNs like with Harue.
Yeah, that's probably what will happen just to give anime-viewers a little Easter egg.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 21:54   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

I think the tittle should be' Impact of Anime Original Arcs on Novel/Manga Canon' you know, the current arc has Telesthina.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 14:08   Link #6
Karna
just some guy

Just here to say that considering the timeframe as to when this arc is supposed to happen (during the 3 stories arc in Index), that this arc can not really be considered canon. It completely conflcits with the part where Touma went on a fake date with Mikoto to stop Etzali from stalking her.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 19:55   Link #7
Primary Consult

Did it actually conflict though? The last line of the last episode implies that it is September 2nd (mentioning Liberal Arts City tomorrow)... considering the stills included Accel+LO and Touma in class, I am guessing it sailed right past Volume 5 (the last day of summer break). It would have been better if Unabara were shown or even a passing mention of helping Touma with his homework, but I don't see how it directly contradicts the existing timeline. Mikoto just needed an hour or two to herself on August 31st.

(Note: I got my timeline info from the "A certain unified calendar" graphic available on Baka Tsuki's site... I would say that format is the best way to keep all the stuff straight without having to read through walls of text).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:35   Link #8
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Did it actually conflict though? The last line of the last episode implies that it is September 2nd (mentioning Liberal Arts City tomorrow)... considering the stills included Accel+LO and Touma in class, I am guessing it sailed right past Volume 5 (the last day of summer break). It would have been better if Unabara were shown or even a passing mention of helping Touma with his homework, but I don't see how it directly contradicts the existing timeline. Mikoto just needed an hour or two to herself on August 31st.

(Note: I got my timeline info from the "A certain unified calendar" graphic available on Baka Tsuki's site... I would say that format is the best way to keep all the stuff straight without having to read through walls of text).
An organized timeline from when Febli arc began and ended was posted on 2ch, which was then posted on the Ep24 thread, but it got deleted. But Ep24 did indeed happen on Aug 31.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:35   Link #9
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Pretty much. Just like the season 1 arc.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:59   Link #10
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
An organized timeline from when Febli arc began and ended was posted on 2ch, which was then posted on the Ep24 thread, but it got deleted. But Ep24 did indeed happen on Aug 31.
I wish it hadn't been deleted (or maybe it somehow could be moved here?). I'd like to see how they arrived at that conclusion, because IMO September 2nd makes more sense... they wouldn't be worrying about "afternoon classes" on August 31st because it is still summer vacation.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:01   Link #11
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^They started it directly after the sisters arc. Like the next day iirc.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:06   Link #12
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Wait then this didn't go past the Three Stories arc? Because I was confused over Last Order and Accelerator
Old 2013-09-29, 21:14   Link #13
Ilidsor
Angelerator

That's just them not caring about the timeline. Hell sometimes it feels like they don't care about canon in general.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:29   Link #14
Primary Consult

Quote:
^They started it directly after the sisters arc. Like the next day iirc.
Yes that is when they started it... but time had passed several times. For example, from the beginning of Episode 22 they went from 72 hours worth of candy to "the last one".

The timeline may not be internally consistent with itself, but the more I think of it the more sure I am that the final episode is supposed to be September 1st or 2nd.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:39   Link #15
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
I wish it hadn't been deleted (or maybe it somehow could be moved here?). I'd like to see how they arrived at that conclusion, because IMO September 2nd makes more sense... they wouldn't be worrying about "afternoon classes" on August 31st because it is still summer vacation.
It was listed by js06 too. I don't know where I can find it because I am not experienced with looking at 2ch nor 4chan.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:41   Link #16
Ilidsor
Angelerator

They tracked the amount of days that passed and it ended on the 31st. Maybe Haigon still has the image saved. Frankly it ending on September 1st or 2nd doesn't make this any better because that would imply that Misaka decided it was more important to spend an entire day with Touma to shake off some ranom boy, then to deal with an issue this big.

All of this could have been avoided if they had just had it happen in a few days time. If they had just paid any attention at all this could have been avoided.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:48   Link #17
Shinhwa
Banned

I seriously don't get why they chose to make an original arc over Liberal Art City arc... seriously....
Old 2013-09-29, 21:49   Link #18
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
They tracked the amount of days that passed and it ended on the 31st. Maybe Haigon still has the image saved. Frankly it ending on September 1st or 2nd doesn't make this any better because that would imply that Misaka decided it was more important to spend an entire day with Touma to shake off some ranom boy, then to deal with an issue this big.

All of this could have been avoided if they had just had it happen in a few days time. If they had just paid any attention at all this could have been avoided.
Wait so, in the case it did go to Sept 1 or 2, it means she skipped the date and all?
Old 2013-09-29, 21:52   Link #19
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Wait so, in the case it did go to Sept 1 or 2, it means she skipped the date and all?
Pretty much yes.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:54   Link #20
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I seriously don't get why they chose to make an original arc over Liberal Art City arc... seriously....
This is because it is supposed to mirror Index. We can't get what we first see in Liberal Arts City Arc until we get to see it in Index III Battle Royale arc...

This is also because this season was a minor intro to AC's darkness after Mikoto found out about them... It'd be kind of weird if Mikoto suddenly became naive after everything that has been going on.

In the end, even if Mikoto is naive about magic and other things, we don't actually know how naive she is in general. The railgun manga has shown her develop in terms of maturity arc by arc, so I'm not really sure she's supposed to be naive as people generally consider her to be...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote