AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-14, 01:43   Link #21
Esper 28
Akira

Rax: I was well aware of the prerequisites involved with being considered an ace pilot. However, there's nothing that says anywhere in SEED that it functions the same way. We could assume it does but that doesn't mean anything.

Also, I believe what Scherazade says makes perfect sense. Deakka deserted his country during time of war. That's a serious crime and Mwu even said it to Athrun in the later episodes of SEED. It would make sense that he would be stripped of the privileges that being an ace entails.

It's obvious they were sympathetic to Deakka since they didn't throw him in prison or exile him from PLANT or anything like that. They simple dropped his rank (as Schera pointed out) and I bet they wiped his kill count clean. Hell, they probably wiped all his military history clean. If he never joined the military to begin with, then he couldn't desert it.

Again, this is all speculation but I'd imagine Deakka had a handful of legal problems he had to deal with upon returning to PLANT. However, considering who he is, what he's done, and who he's friends with...he managed to find ways around most of them.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 01:52   Link #22
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Rax: I was well aware of the prerequisites involved with being considered an ace pilot. However, there's nothing that says anywhere in SEED that it functions the same way. We could assume it does but that doesn't mean anything.

Also, I believe what Scherazade says makes perfect sense. Deakka deserted his country during time of war. That's a serious crime and Mwu even said it to Athrun in the later episodes of SEED. It would make sense that he would be stripped of the privileges that being an ace entails.

It's obvious they were sympathetic to Deakka since they didn't throw him in prison or exile him from PLANT or anything like that. They simple dropped his rank (as Schera pointed out) and I bet they wiped his kill count clean. Hell, they probably wiped all his military history clean. If he never joined the military to begin with, then he couldn't desert it.

Again, this is all speculation but I'd imagine Deakka had a handful of legal problems he had to deal with upon returning to PLANT. However, considering who he is, what he's done, and who he's friends with...he managed to find ways around most of them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. That little blurb was more for the benefit of others, who have incorrectly used the term Ace. I think it is likely that the Seedverse still uses the orginal efinition of Ace, it's still used in Uc, and Seed draws on so many elements from previous series, that it's likely.

And yeah, Scherazade's probably right. I'd imagine that Athrun would have had the same problems as well, but all of the current ZAFT redcoats know of his exploits, and they celebrate him as a hero. Heck, it's been two years since the war, and they still hold him up as the bar that every soldier should aspire to reach, at the academy. And they do all of this despite the fact that he's left ZAFT behind, and he's guilty of all of Dearka's crimes. I guess being the former chairman's son has it's advantages.

Still I'd like some kind of official confirmation from the show's producers or something.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-14 at 02:36.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:17   Link #23
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Anyways to cut my rant short, I think Luna (I am infering that she is an ace pilot), the orange Zaku pilot, and the Purple Zaku pilot, took the option to paint their Zakus, and Dearka, for whatever reason, left it standard.
Deakka just wanted to save PLANT some money.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:20   Link #24
Rhonin.
Gundam Freak

Naa he just likes the color green after being in buster for so long.
Rhonin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:25   Link #25
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Well, loss of ace perks was probably just a slap on the wrist. To my knowledge Dearka never attack ZAFT pilots while fighting with the Three Ship Alliance. The only time he fought any coordinators is briefly inside Mendel colony with Yzak and a second time outside of Mendel. Yzak was moving to attack Kusanagi [or maybe an M1] and Dearka targeted Duel. Since Yzak backed off, Dearka didn't have to fire.

I don't think i can say the same for Athrun. He may have attacked some ZAFT personnel, but I don't recall. Athrun's slate was problem wiped clean when he destroyed GENESIS, in a sense, redeeming the sins of the father. Dullindal alludes to some actions taken by Eileen Canaver on behalf of Athrun and Dearka during her term as interim Chairman. Perhaps that involved getting Dearka back into ZAFT as an active pilot as well as amnesty for Athrun. Canaver and so far Dullindal are moderates. They seem more than willing to pardon actions taken by Patrick Zala and the radical portion of PLANT government. Patrick kept a lot of secrets that make it understandable that some would not want to serve him.

Quote:
Naa he just likes the color green after being in buster for so long
Except that the greens don't match to Buster and Buster was just as much khaki colored as it was green.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 04:43   Link #26
Tri-Klops
Evil Warrior

Maybe they are just throwing those colors out there to mess with our minds lolz
Tri-Klops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 06:37   Link #27
Guppy

Is it confirmed that Deakka actually was demoted? I thought the red uniform meant that the person was assigned to an MS unit designated as "elite", as opposed to being a mark of ace status (after all, Lunamaria and Shinn seem to start off as distinguished academy graduates rather than combat veterans).

Yzak finished SEED as an elite squad leader, while Deakka was an elite pilot; in Destiny, Yzak seems to be more of a group commander while Deakka is now a squad leader (and given the way he follows Yzak everywhere, I think he's Yzak's 2IC as well). In terms of rank alone, it looks to me like they've both moved up. Perhaps Deakka just decided to stick with Yzak, and the transfer to a regular unit was simply a case of what Yzak was given?
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 10:08   Link #28
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Is it confirmed that Deakka actually was demoted?
Try reading closer. It's been mentioned twice in this thread that there has been no official word.

Quote:
I thought the red uniform meant that the person was assigned to an MS unit designated as "elite", as opposed to being a mark of ace status (after all, Lunamaria and Shinn seem to start off as distinguished academy graduates rather than combat veterans).
Then why were Miguel, Olor, and Matthew in the Le Creuset team?

Quote:
Yzak finished SEED as an elite squad leader
The Jule team that fought at Jachin Due probably had the same reason for existance that the Zala team had in the middle of the series. Le Creuset was too busy planning Spitbreak to lead his team so he designated Athrun as the leader and the team's name temporarily changed. Presumably, had Athrun not be transfer to Special Forces [which only answers to the Ministry of Defense] and Dearka not been captured and Nichol not been killed [Athrun didn't have such a hot record as team leader] all pilots would have gone back to the Le Creuset team. Anyway, the Jule team at the end is the same basic situation as the Zala team.

Quote:
while Deakka was an elite pilot
Hardly. Dearka is lucky he didn't return to a firing squad. Even though ZAFT is a volunteer militia, deserters are still shot I would imagine. However, since the ZAFT chain of command had become very radical, it seems the moderate factions that gained control after GENESIS's destruction chose to look the other way for the most part. Yzak, as a temporary council member probably vouched for Dearka as well, as I said I don't recall Dearka attacking any ZAFT pilots while he was with the Three Ship Alliance. In fact, he explicitly said to Athrun that it would be ok if they stayed with Archangel since they'd still be fighting the Earth Alliance. However, it would encourage desertion if there wasn't some show of punishment which is why I think Dearka no longer wears a red uniform and why I think he has a basic color ZAKU. Also, yes, green is the basic color of the ZAKU as we have seen other ZAKUs that are the same green color. The same cannot be said for the other colors.

Quote:
in Destiny, Yzak seems to be more of a group commander while Deakka is now a squad leader (and given the way he follows Yzak everywhere, I think he's Yzak's 2IC as well)
As stated earlier, ZAFT is a volunteer militia, there are no ranks other than generic titles like ship's captain and team leader, staturs is determined essentially by uniform color. Red is elite academy graduates [pilots], green is the basic soldier/graduate, white is team leader, black is ship's captain, purple means that you are a part of the PLANT High Councils Defense Commitee [but not necessarily a part of ZAFT].

That said, the only ones in the Jule team in Destiny that have any official [order giving] status is the captain of the Voltaire assuming there is one [which there probably is], the captain of the Rousseau, and Yzak. Yzak, as team leader has final say over either of the ship's captains. He essentially has all the priviledges that Le Creuset had in the first series. Dearka's status is reliant on Yzak, any power that Dearka has in the Jule team is because Yzak vested that power in him. Added to that, Dearka probably has the most experience out of the rest of the Jule team so he probably enjoys the same amount of respect as was given to Miguel Aiman in the first series.

Quote:
In terms of rank alone, it looks to me like they've both moved up.
As stated, ZAFT doesn't have "ranks". If you didn't go from a pilot, ship's captain, crewmember, etc. to team leader, you haven't been promoted. Yzak seems to be the only main character that has been promoted post Jachin Due. Athrun was promoted in SEED after he destroyed Strike, because Athrun was place in a new chain of command. Le Creuset couldn't technically order Athrun around after Athrun's transfer to the ministry of Defense.

Quote:
Perhaps Deakka just decided to stick with Yzak, and the transfer to a regular unit was simply a case of what Yzak was given?
It's more likely that Yzak expressly requested that Dearka join his unit. I would assume that that is a team leader's perrogative. Besides it's possibly that other units wouldn't want Dearka considering he's a deserter. Granted, he was a captive at first, after being released he willfully did not return to PLANT/ZAFT. The reason Dearka essentially gives in episode 40 is that he doesn't want to fight someone else's enemies as though he is someone's attack dog. Some team leaders may see that attitude as insubordinate.
Old 2004-12-14, 16:22   Link #29
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Anyways to cut my rant short, I think Luna (I am infering that she is an ace pilot), the orange Zaku pilot, and the Purple Zaku pilot, took the option to paint their Zakus, and Dearka, for whatever reason, left it standard.
The Zaft standard is Green...but Dearka's is forest green...

Dearka was probably just more worried about practicing in his new suit than painting a new coat on it. Plus he's just waiting till he gets a Gundam or something later anyways...no point getting too attached.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:27   Link #30
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
The Zaft standard is Green...but Dearka's is forest green...

Dearka was probably just more worried about practicing in his new suit than painting a new coat on it. Plus he's just waiting till he gets a Gundam or something later anyways...no point getting too attached.
I guess that means that forest green is Dearka's custom paint job. *brushes hands* Well I'm glad that's settled.
Old 2004-12-14, 18:29   Link #31
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
I guess that means that forest green is Dearka's custom paint job. *brushes hands* Well I'm glad that's settled.
Yah yah, I know you guys are joking ( ), but just in case anyone doesn't realize that, here is a comparison.

Spoiler for Athrun's standard Zaku:

Spoiler for Deakka's "forest green" Zaku:
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 18:31   Link #32
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

There is no noticible difference between the color of Dearka's unit and the color of any other green ZAKU. I'll take a pic of Atrhun's ZAKU next to Dearka's.

NM, I don't need to. Thanks, Sarc saved me a few minutes.
Old 2004-12-14, 18:52   Link #33
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Yzak: Dammit Deakka! Stop stealing my uniform!
Deakka: Silence, my hot tempered subordinate...
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:19   Link #34
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco

Yzak: Dammit Deakka! Stop stealing my uniform!
Deakka: Silence, my hot tempered subordinate...
That edited Yzak is scaring me
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:38   Link #35
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
There is no noticible difference between the color of Dearka's unit and the color of any other green ZAKU. I'll take a pic of Atrhun's ZAKU next to Dearka's.
Look closer...Dearka's Zaku is shinier!
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:54   Link #36
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Look closer...Dearka's Zaku is shinier!
Oh, I thought it was just the twinkle in his eye. I see it now.
Old 2004-12-16, 16:14   Link #37
Tri-Klops
Evil Warrior

Found her, maybe that's her and maybe its not but I think this is her! But still not sure if she's the one......yet!
Tri-Klops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 17:14   Link #38
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Klops
Found her, maybe that's her and maybe its not but I think this is her! But still not sure if she's the one......yet!
Yeah, that's Shiho, not sure if she's the pilot of the orange Zaku though...
Old 2004-12-16, 17:15   Link #39
Esper 28
Akira

Wow, reminds me of Emma...

Do we have a name for her or just a picture? And has anyone else seen this picture anywhere?

EDIT: Oh...Rax posted at like, the same time as me.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 17:23   Link #40
FlyByNite

I don't think shiho is the pilot of the orange Zaku because it was fighting during Yzak's briefing on his ship and we see the back of Shiho's head.

She launched with Jule unit so she may be that purple MS that we see.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote