AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 21:41   Link #12501
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well now that I've read everything:
I will miss you ebb and flow.

Seriousy though destroying the Moon overdid it a bit...

I''m not sure the moon is needed to keep earth in the suns gravity field though, as Earth was what has kept the moon where it was, not the other way around. Then again physics is math... which I a) am bad in b) will, int he amount needed in high school, never need again in my entire life lol.

As for Medaka & Kumagawa:

TBH I would prefer it this way.
If I had to make a list stating who deserved the relationship most almost every minor character would be more deserving then her.
As for reasons see Arthurro and some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
She also kissed him and confessed her love for him. That alone, at the very least, illustrates that Zenkichi x Medaka is far more central to the romantic element in the story. She even brother-zoned Kumagawa in the latest chapter and, IMO, has never shown any real romantic interest in him (though, of course, she very rarely shows any towards Zenkichi either). For instance, I see a much more defined realism in the Zenkichi x Shiranui pairing than Kumagawa x Medaka, though I easily prefer Zenkichi and Shiranui as friends.
Says nothing tbh, especially since she has a brother with an extremely abnormal (npi) sister complex.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 22:32   Link #12502
ccie20012

Ha-ha
People who prefer Medaka x Kumagawa remind me of people who prefer 2x2=5 or eat ice cream with mustard. Just because it's unusual.
Medaka x Zen is natural and simple as 2x2=4.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 22:41   Link #12503
kenjtr

I dont know if medaka x kumagawa happens but i dont want medaka x zenkichi happen with all my might :P Medaka just with zenkichi because he is the only one who can keep up with her other people just left her but she still doesnt value zenkichi more then a bug maybe less . Anyway i think medaka deserves to be alone for all her life because she doesnt know the value of love or lets say she didnt loved a person once in her life .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 23:19   Link #12504
telamont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Ok, I'm deathly curious, so I've gotta ask.

What made Telamont hate Zenkichi as much as the Al-Qaeda hates the United States?

I mean, it's just so random to see, unlike that other very common hate, but it's pretty clear that every time Zenkichi appears on screen, you probably shout-out in agony or something.
Err... no? What I hate is Medaka X Zenkichi; but, to generalize like you tend to do... EVERYONE hates Medaka X Zenkichi. Nothing new there.

As for Zenkichi himself, I admit that I find him bland and boring as a character; chapters that focus on him, I tend to skim through in a minute or two just to get the general idea. Reflecting that attitude, when I mention him in my posts, my tone is probably somewhat dismissive.

But, while I'd rather he has less screen time, or just go away and star in his own spin-off manga if you'd prefer, I do think that he's a nice, hard working guy who deserves all the happiness in the world. And certainly deserving of a relationship that's not so unbalanced and... dare I say it? even servile as the one he now has with Medaka. If that counts as hating him, then... *shrug* what can I say, tastes vary, I guess?

I actually think I'm on the same page as most of his fans on this issue really (him deserving better). Only difference is how we react. His fans lash out at Medaka for not treating him right. I who like Medaka just fine think that she's not obligated to like him back just because he tries so hard, nor should she fundamentally change her character just for sake of her "love". Zenkichi should open his eyes and realize that's there's plenty more fish in the sea or something.

If the next chapter is truly the end of "Medaka Box" and the beginning of "Zenkichi Whatever", while I most definitely won't follow the new manga, I'll at least be happy that Zenkichi will now have something better to do with his life than following Medaka around all the time like "a faithful pitbull".

If this is yet another fake out, and we return to the old status quo... then *sigh*, I guess I like the manga enough to overlook their "relationship", but really, they both deserve better. Zenkichi for all the reasons people have stated. Medaka because she's a good girl who deserves someone who's more of an equal partner, capable of complementing her, and less of a... "normality pet". Doubtless there are others who would disagree, but that's how I at least see the current Zenkichi-Medaka dynamic.
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 23:59   Link #12505
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
Err... no? What I hate is Medaka X Zenkichi; but, to generalize like you tend to do... EVERYONE hates Medaka X Zenkichi.
I personally hate Medaka but like the pairing, if only because Zenkichi deserves to get what he wants after all the constant shit he goes through.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 00:20   Link #12506
Thth
???

People think it will be anything other than a return to status quo. Oh My!

As for Medaka being paired with anyone. Does it really matter who she is paired with. In the end whether she is paired with Zenkichi, Kumagwa, Oudo, Akune, The PM of Japan, CEO of multi-national corporation, a saint, Kurokami house butler, the local Janitor, it will be the same anyway
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 00:46   Link #12507
Lupus753

Right. It seems the only way for her to marry an equal would be if she found a way to travel the dimensions and got herself into the genderbent universe.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 00:53   Link #12508
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Medaka loves everyone but not one person is special to her.
Old 2013-03-02, 01:55   Link #12509
Viridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I''m not sure the moon is needed to keep earth in the suns gravity field though, as Earth was what has kept the moon where it was, not the other way around. Then again physics is math... which I a) am bad in b) will, int he amount needed in high school, never need again in my entire life lol.
It's more that the orbit of the unusually large (for a satellite) moon stabilizes the tilt of the earth during its orbit, so our climate is considerably more stable than it would be without the moon.
Old 2013-03-02, 01:59   Link #12510
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
It's more that the orbit of the unusually large (for a satellite) moon stabilizes the tilt of the earth during its orbit, so our climate is considerably more stable than it would be without the moon.
So the icecaps melt completely come spring and every coastal city on the planet is flooded? Awesome. Thanks, Medaka.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 03:10   Link #12511
Asuras
Dictadere~!

All those poor horseshoe crabs won't know when to come ashore.
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 06:16   Link #12512
Wolfenstein

Quote:
As for Zenkichi himself, I admit that I find him bland and boring as a character; chapters that focus on him, I tend to skim through in a minute or two just to get the general idea. Reflecting that attitude, when I mention him in my posts, my tone is probably somewhat dismissive.

But, while I'd rather he has less screen time, or just go away and star in his own spin-off manga if you'd prefer, I do think that he's a nice, hard working guy who deserves all the happiness in the world. And certainly deserving of a relationship that's not so unbalanced and... dare I say it? even servile as the one he now has with Medaka. If that counts as hating him, then... *shrug* what can I say, tastes vary, I guess?
Yeah, that kinda counts as hating, I guess. <---- This is sarcasm. All this reminds of a pretty fun quote, although some terms - such as "idiotic" - would need to be changed: "I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it." Hopefully that helped.

I mean, seriously, I'm not trying to be hard here, I'm just trying to understand.

Because, honestly, every single post I read of yours, and by now I must've read alot since I started coming to this thread, passes off the vibe that you hate the guy's guts. It's as if your derision for him is unintentionally seeping out every time you even mention the character's name. "Dismissive", I think some would agree, would be an understatement. "Contempt" would be more like it. I'd seriously have thought that you'd punch-out the screen when he won against Iihiko or something ridiculous like that. But maybe I'm just reading in too much into your tone. Maybe your hatred of the pairing is just spilling to the side you dislike more. Maybe you just hate him that much that you intentionally phrase yourself that way. I don't know.

I don't know if that was your intention, or it's just a subtlety of how you treat characters you simply don't care for. And if that is your intention, then I bring back my original question of what caused you to feel that way.

Since I couldn't choose, I'm just asking

Quote:
I actually think I'm on the same page as most of his fans on this issue really (him deserving better).
Somewhat, yeah. Mostly, I would guess, would be the agreement in the final result. Not what I was asking, though, but thanks for the insight on your thoughts anyways.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2013-03-02 at 13:53.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 06:56   Link #12513
silvercover
Romance Expert

ah seems like I was late for the romance party...

anyways, if I had the choice, id rather go for a medakaXkumagawa pairing instead of ajimuXkumagawa. and id also check out that ajimuXzenkichi pairing.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:07   Link #12514
DawnEmperor

@Wolfenstein Honestly, doesn't Westlo hate Zenkichi more? Or Noobita?
Obviously there are going to be haters and defenders of a characters, so I guess it boils down to tact. If they literally post that they hate this character and want them to be miserable almost every single time, then it does get grating.

@Arturro Depressing to agree with Sol falling? Some past dispute?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:15   Link #12515
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
@Wolfenstein Honestly, doesn't Westlo hate Zenkichi more? Or Noobita?
Obviously there are going to be haters and defenders of a characters, so I guess it boils down to tact. If they literally post that they hate this character and want them to be miserable almost every single time, then it does get grating.
I don't know. I have no idea.

Which is precisely why I'm asking in the first place. I'm simply assuming out of my interpretation of the guy's tone, overt or implicit, and formulating the question from that because I'm curious.
But if it does help you, those two don't seem as profound in their "hate" as the other one, but they are more overt about it, If that makes any sense.

I'm not hard, really. All he has to do is tell me I'm mis-interpreting, and my question is anwsered.
Old 2013-03-02, 15:33   Link #12516
Tenchi Hou Take

TBF we all know there's a group of guys who aren't particularily fond of Zenkichi/really, really dislike him, just like the same with Medaka annd Kumagawa too, like most characters in any story. There's no need to hide your prefference though I doubt anyone does it is fairly obvious from consistent posts.

Obviously the current divide is because of the line up in preferences, a lot of people that like Zenkichi dislike Medaka while the opposite is also true. This creates the age old fandom hating which may intensify the dislike a person has for a certain character, all captain obvious stuff.

Now I wonder where Nisio wants to go with this, the obvious answer is he's wrapping up towards an a close by end, which I wouldn't be surprised by and almost seems the most probable, but if he's not I can't really see how he's going to continue the Medaka doing random shit, Unless he wants her to blow up dangerous stars etc, I can't really see how he could make Medaka anymore ""heroic" or face against decent villains for that matter seems like she's peaked, we can hope (or at least some of us) hope the focus shifts to some of the more sidelined characters should Nisio actually want to bother continuing this thing , perhaps follow on with Aijimu's legacy of Zenkichi as the MC slayer or some Kumagawa development outside of the simply I want to win deal. Perhaps Nienami or Akune considering how he's taken murderous urges dudes spot as inexplicabale popularity in comparison to panel time ( though Akune was actually a MC so deserves it more).

Either way can't see Medaka box as we know it continuing the Nisio may decide to drag it out just for the sake of it. Sorta like after the Ajimu arc.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:39   Link #12517
Wolfenstein

No talk in this forum is as dramactic as actively trying to veil insults or something that ridiculous, such goes without saying.

Tel just gave me the impression that he hated Zen's guts and I was curious as to why, but since now I'm not so sure that's what he was actually going for, I'm just asking.
Old 2013-03-02, 15:48   Link #12518
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
No talk in this forum is as dramactic as actively trying to veil insults or something that ridiculous, such goes without saying.

Tel just gave me the impression that he hated Zen's guts and I was curious as to why, but since now I'm not so sure that's what he was actually going for, I'm just asking.
Well if you compare it to say your "dislike" of Medaka you'll probably get your answer, probably an entirely different reason for it, but the preference basing is a large part of it.
Old 2013-03-02, 15:56   Link #12519
Wolfenstein

No way. "Dislike" is far too shallow of a word to describe what I feel Medaka does to the manga and it's best characters, which is basically ruin them.

I'd used the word "hate", and according to Tel, he dosen't hate Zen - though I get the impression, certainly - but text can be deceiving, sometimes.
Old 2013-03-02, 16:02   Link #12520
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
No way. "Dislike" is far too shallow of a word to describe what I feel Medaka does to the manga and it's best characters, which is basically ruin them.

I'd used the word "hate", and according to Tel, he dosen't hate Zen - though I get the impression, certainly - but text can be deceiving, sometimes.
Strong dislike, my man strong dislike. Hate is a strong word which is why people are hesitant to use it, that's why when called out on it they tend to backtrack (hell I'm pretty sure i've done it before), though everyones description hate varies massively from person to person. E.g you have someone who clearly has an intense dislike of a character to the point where he/she wished the character shouldn't exist and wish for them to be killed of and still state they don't hate the character and the opposite is also true.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council