AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 16:57   Link #321
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Actually, we move forums to Older at the end of the month after the last episode airs. So K-On will probably be moved temporarily, and then moved back for the OVA and Movie.

As for this show... I guess we can move it for now. Hasn't exactly been a lot of discussion about the specials yet though...
Old 2010-10-25, 22:55   Link #322
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

With that being said, I shall start things off. As far as I can tell, the first half was original stuff not found in the manga. This makes me think that a season 4 is coming since I can't see why they would want to save material. The second half shows why Natsume wants to scissor Sae.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:44   Link #323
Dop
Mmmm....

I thought the best part of the special was the adaptation of Natsume's backstory as told in volume 4 of the manga. That was brilliant (and I went and read the manga again after watching the episode).

Mind you, I did like the bit where Yoshinoya-sensei suddenly looks behind her expecting to see the principal about to tell her off.

Fingers crossed that after the specials there'll be an announcement from our friends at Sentai Filmworks.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 04:56   Link #324
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Natsume backstory easily made this episode. Classic Shinbo here, plus the music placement was so so good. It's a shame it quickly went from "dawwww" to "poor Natsume ".
Old 2010-10-27, 07:29   Link #325
Toaru ~LL~
Misaka Moe~

ahhh so plzd SHAFT are still making specials and new season of this relaxing anime i love it xD
and nori and nazuna just make the series feel even more relaxing XD
Old 2010-10-27, 11:12   Link #326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was starting to think we would never find out why Natsume is so tsundere for Sae. It was great to finally see her backstory. The first part of the episode was good as well, I loved Yoshinoya's reaction when she saw "pregnant" Miya
Old 2010-10-27, 11:28   Link #327
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Should I assume you're all watching this from raws? I haven't seen any subs appear yet.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 11:35   Link #328
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Should I assume you're all watching this from raws? I haven't seen any subs appear yet.
Actually, it seems that an "Anonymous" sub appeared a few days ago, but it wasn't submitted to AnimeSuki (or caught by the scanners due to it not being a formal group in the system).
Old 2010-10-27, 11:38   Link #329
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Anonymous sub does the job as well, so don't fear when it comes to watching their version.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:40   Link #330
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Both specials were definitely worth the wait and remind me of why this is for the most part my favorite series. Well, one other series is close, but this had the advantage of more weight behind it this time.

Eating out in the first segment of special 1 was fun and the Natsume back story in the second part was nice to finally see animated.

Spoiler for Special 2:
Old 2010-10-27, 16:02   Link #331
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Argh!! They are all so MOE, my nutbladder is going to explode!!!
Old 2010-10-27, 22:35   Link #332
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
nutbladder

After some time away, I appreciate anew the artistic graphics in this show. Did you see Yuno's messed up face in the OP?

Why do I like this goofy show in which the girls spend most of their time eating? I did learn more about Japanese food (food the Japanese eat):
  • demiglace sauce seems popular as a "foreign" flavor
  • hamburger with bun is hanbaga; without bun is hanbagu
  • doria
It's been a long wait for the Natsume story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The Anonymous sub does the job as well, so don't fear when it comes to watching their version.
Not to seem ungrateful, but they dropped the ball on the OP, ED, and preview and got the hamburger part wrong.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-10-28 at 01:56.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 01:24   Link #333
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
nutbladder

After some time away, I appreciate anew the artistic graphics in this show. Did you see Yuno's messed up face in the OP?

Why do I like this goofy show in which the girls spend most of their time eating? I did learn more about Japanese food (food the Japanese eat):
  • seafood doria
It's been a long wait for the Natsume story.Not to seem ungrateful, but they dropped the ball on the preview and got the hamburger part wrong.
How was the hamburger part wrong? Care to explain?
Old 2010-10-28, 01:54   Link #334
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
The item in the menu is hanbagu and Nori orders hanbagu. Hanbagu is a meat dish in a sauce served with rice, pickles, maybe miso on the plate, a Japanese dish very loosely related to a hamburger. Hanbaga refers almost exclusively to a chain franchise hamburger, American style. Burger by itself or baga (baagaa) is not used here.

The translation note says "in Japan, hamburger = meat-patty while burger = hamburger" which at least seems irrelevant.

I'm really uncomfortable criticizing translators, as they do so much for us in return for so little (nothing). I apologise if I've offended.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-10-28 at 02:26.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 04:00   Link #335
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Absolutely loved the second special, especially the BBQ episode. With scenes just as the explanation and results of the grilled marshmallows, to Natsume's adorable addition to the episode. Her smile at the end was just perfect.

We need fourth season announcement now!
Old 2010-10-29, 13:45   Link #336
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Ume drawing demonstration.
Old 2010-10-30, 09:37   Link #337
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
nutbladder

The last time I checked they have demi-glace curry mix.
Quote:
This is what American refers as Salisbury Steak-- in the East it is usually referred as hamburger steak.
Quote:
  • doria
Doria isn't all that Japanese; it is also a favourite lunch food for the Hong Kongers and they probably eat more than the Japanese do.

...Nazuna's a fan of baked Mac n' cheese (I take macaroni gratin to be essentially that). How can she not getting fat that way?
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 10:42   Link #338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Absolutely loved the second special, especially the BBQ episode. With scenes just as the explanation and results of the grilled marshmallows, to Natsume's adorable addition to the episode. Her smile at the end was just perfect.

We need fourth season announcement now!
Loved it as well. Awww, it took three years but Natsume finally managed to get closer to Sae. Probably not as close as she wanted to, but it's a start. It was great to see Yuno's parents again too (her dad is awesome!). & wow, Yuno's cat is bigger than her

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Ume drawing demonstration.
Very nice
Old 2010-11-05, 19:50   Link #339
nojay
Scanlator

In the second Hoshimittsu special at about 8:57 we see a row of books in Yuno's room at home. There's a set of books with the titles "小女きらら" but the *interesting* one is labelled "あらしの夏 3" which is, if my limited understanding of Japanese is correct, "Arashi no Natsu 3". Given that SHAFT and Shinbo produced the first two series of Natsu no Arashi! I wonder if this is a hint that a third series is on the drawing boards?

The book at the end is entitled "Neko no Shitsuke" or "Training Your Cat"...
Old 2010-11-06, 04:53   Link #340
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Given that SHAFT and Shinbo produced the first two series of Natsu no Arashi! I wonder if this is a hint that a third series is on the drawing boards?
I doubt it has anything at all to do with a third season happening. The volume was probably added just because the adaptation is a ShinboxSHAFT work. That's all.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life