Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-01-02, 04:21   Link #181
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Oh, I forgot that it was sorta advertising Channel Otaku's webpage with all this event, sorry this is my fault for forgetting that rule.
No no, don't apologize, Hooves-san^^

It was my fault for forgetting and putting it up in the first place. I'm just relieved that it's sorted out now
Old 2011-01-02, 09:46   Link #182
Luna91

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Thank you^^ I must apologize, I was really hoping to make you a separate birthday present, but this competition thing really ate up my time. Really sorry again, I'll make a belated gift once things die down~
Don't worry about it Your waaay too busy lol, its the thought that counts ^^ Love the new avatar by the way <3
Luna91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 04:46   Link #183
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Still, I'm really sorry^^

And thank you, it was time for a new avatar;P
Old 2011-01-03, 13:29   Link #184
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I love your new avatar Papermario such a cute image with a cute loop to it
Old 2011-01-03, 18:47   Link #185
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for "Colours" (Patchy - Petrarchan):

^_^ Really lovely poem, thanks for this one PM-sama...

oh and I'm not cheating lol

Btw SOS Chief Haruhi will knock your door through PM later so prepare for it
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 20:25   Link #186
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it

And everyone knows you're not cheating, not to worry

And oh, that sounds exciting! *waits by the door*
Old 2011-01-04, 17:37   Link #187
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it

And everyone knows you're not cheating, not to worry

And oh, that sounds exciting! *waits by the door*
Guess the knock finally came in *looks at the signature*
Old 2011-01-05, 17:49   Link #188
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

New Article! Pokemon has suspicious characters...

(Fully illustrated version is on my blog *check signature*)

Growing up, Pokemon was one of our biggest pastimes. I recall losing about 100 hours of my life trying to fully beat Pokemon Blue, and I can’t forget all the additional time I spent playing Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Trading Card Game on Game Boy. And let’s not forget about the real life trading card game that everyone was into back then.
Sure, these games were fantastic, and nowadays, Pokemon doesn’t stand up so well anymore. We’ve now reached the Black & White games, which brings the Pokemon count to a staggering 646, which is ridiculous, in my opinion. Of course, you don’t have to face all 646 Pokemon in one game, but they’re starting to get less and less creative with them. Pokemon Gold/Silver were the last amazing Pokemon games, I think; I also should give a special mention to the Heart Gold/Soul Silver remakes.
Anyways, that’s not what this article is about, so let’s get that out of the way. Moving on…
As children, we missed a lot of suspicious activity in the Pokemon world. Did anyone or anything ever strike you as “odd” in the original Blue/Red/Yellow games? Let’s venture in and have a look at The Suspicious Characters from the Original Pokemon Games. This will be a small series, and characters (like the old man appearing on the roof of Cinnabar Gym) that appear from glitches do not count.

Nurse Joy
Ah, Nurse Joy. Who knows if that was her actual name in the games themselves, but she was Joy in the TV show and that was all that mattered. She was sweet and caring on TV, but did anything ever strike you as odd about what she says in the game? We hope to see you again! That one line that was missed by everyone. Why did we go to Pokemon Centres? The answer is: because some jerk who was better than you mopped the floor with you and your precious Pokemon were on the brink of death. After cheerfully healing your Pokemon to full vitality, she says those cursed words. She WANTS to see you holding those bruised Pokemon again. I always knew she was too sweet to be true!

Coffee-Loving Old Man
Professor Oak asks you to retrieve his parcel from Viridian City, and even offers you a rare Pokemon to keep for yourself. You happily comply and after grabbing the parcel, you try to run off into the upper parts of the city – into Viridian Forest. However, an old man blocks your path. It seems he hasn’t had his coffee yet, which is why he’s lying on the ground (?) and proclaiming that you can’t go through – it’s private property. Suspicious, but there’s nothing you can do. Return Oak’s Parcel, and receive the Pokedex from him, and return. Oh joy, the old man has had his coffee! Now he’s up and about, allows you to pass, and even uses one of his Pokeballs (which cost $200 each?!) to demonstrate how to catch a Pokemon. The great thing that this teaches children is that coffee is the ultimate wake-up drug. (Personally, I hate coffee.)

Professor Oak
“Okay Gramps, I’ll fulfill your crazy dream of catching all 151 Pokemon for you!” Professor Oak’s reason for giving you and Gary a Pokemon/Pokedex was because his old ass couldn’t get up and research them himself. If you think about it, what happened when you tried to walk into the tall grass without a Pokemon? Oak sprinted his apparently old body over and dragged you back. Had he said something like: “I’m busy with laboratory research.” then I might have bought it, but “I’m too old for this.” was his final answer. Think back to the TV series (if you even saw it); Oak was fricking everywhere: cheering at tournaments, visiting at random faraway cities, and running around with Pokemon at his lab. Bottom line was: this excuse was mighty suspicious, and Oak should just be glad that his request involved an epic quest.

Magikarp Salesman
Just before you hit Mt. Moon, there’s a convenient Pokemon Centre set up for tired trainers, exhausted Pokemon, and apparently, sleazy businessmen as well. By this point you’ve probably picked up a good selection of Pokemon on your team, and leveled them up as well. Then a fat, balding man offers you a level 5 Magikarp that can only Splash about for $500. It was a clever placement, as many of us were probably either unsure what a Magikarp was, or just was excited over the fact that we’d have another awesome Pokemon on our team. Even more suspicious was when we received the Old Rod from the fisher, and went fishing for the first time. And the second time. And the third. What did you keep pulling up? Level 5 Magikarps. That’s right, this dirty jerk probably fishes up Magikarp, stuffs them in Pokeballs, and sells them for much more than what they’re actually worth. (As a note, do fish up a Magikarp later, because his evolved form Gyrados, is awesome. Just don’t spend $500 on this hack.)

Fossil Nerd
You trek through the confusing Mt. Moon and finally, you reach the end. Blocking your path is a Super Nerd that claims he found two fossils and that they’re both his. There are so many suspicious things about this guy: first off, why didn’t he grab the fossils after finding them, and head to the exit (which is a few steps from his location)? He also stands there, leaving his fossils on the floor. This is not a man who just found the fossils and you happened to run by at that time. He’s been waiting there for you; and after complaining to no extent that the fossils were his, you beat him in one fight and he easily gives up one. These fossils even fascinate the genius minds at Cinnabar Laboratories, and this nerd happened to find two of them. It’s a good thing he’s weak, retarded and a failure.

Random Lass
You escape Mt. Moon and head for Cerulean City. This path is really odd, because once you hop the giant edges, there’s no way to return (until much later). Even more odd is the one lass who stands on the top of these edges. You can stand there all day and wait for her, but she’ll stand there indefinitely. Later on when you can Surf, you can go to her and challenge her in a battle, but what confused everyone was why she was in such an inaccessible location. The funny thing is that she’ll wait there for you until you grab Surf, which doesn’t happen until much later in the game.

Nugget Bridge Rocket
Recruiting takes on a whole new meaning when you beat the 5 trainers of Nugget Bridge. The guy at the end looks normal enough, but then he starts going on about joining Team Rocket, and says (and I quote): “Dedicated to evil using Pokemon!”. That’s damn freaky, and any trainer who beat the Nugget Bridge weaklings all probably got this same message. What’s weirder is his on-screen sprite looks nothing like his battle screen sprite. I deduced that it was to hide his identity as a Rocket, but once the battle is over, his sprite doesn’t change either! And if he’s going to just shout “Join us, we’re Team Rocket!” anyways, then what’s the point of a disguise? This guy makes me laugh every time I pass him.

Shady Bicycle Shop Owner
Wow, this guy takes the word “evil” to a whole new level. You enter Cerulean City after walking slowly the entire game, and finally! A BIKE SHOP! So how much do I have to sa…and then it hits you. The crazy ass shop owner is selling his bicycles for a ludicrous $1 million. And that’s great too, isn’t it, because your fricking wallet only holds up to $999,999! Luckily, there are people with bigger wallets in this world it seems, and you can get a bike voucher later on. But wow, seeing all those people who ride bikes in this world; you’ll always wonder how they afforded such a valuable bike. There’s no other bicycle stores in the game either, just so you know.

So wow, those are some suspicious people. And this is only Part 1 of the first games! Come back soon for another segment of Suspicious Pokemon Characters.
Old 2011-01-05, 17:53   Link #189
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Nurse Joy
Ah, Nurse Joy. Who knows if that was her actual name in the games themselves, but she was Joy in the TV show and that was all that mattered. She was sweet and caring on TV, but did anything ever strike you as odd about what she says in the game? We hope to see you again! That one line that was missed by everyone. Why did we go to Pokemon Centres? The answer is: because some jerk who was better than you mopped the floor with you and your precious Pokemon were on the brink of death. After cheerfully healing your Pokemon to full vitality, she says those cursed words. She WANTS to see you holding those bruised Pokemon again. I always knew she was too sweet to be true!
This one completely caught me by surprise now that I actually think about it. Nurse Joy saying that might actually approve of our pokemon getting beat up....

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-05 at 18:03.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:58   Link #190
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I can see what they were trying to do with that message, but they definitely could have worded it better. :P

Something like: "If your Pokemon are injured again, don't hesitate to bring them back!" or something.
Old 2011-01-05, 19:13   Link #191
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I can see what they were trying to do with that message, but they definitely could have worded it better. :P

Something like: "If your Pokemon are injured again, don't hesitate to bring them back!" or something.
That would have probably got all the trainers to never come back but then again they have to, but they will probably give a bad expression when they go there once they realize what the good nurse means by her words
Old 2011-01-06, 03:14   Link #192
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Suspicious Pokemon Characters (Part 2)

Once again, version with screenshots is available on my blog *points at signature*

The Pokemon Club Owner

This guy loves his Pokemon, and in this world, there's nothing wrong with that. What DOES matter is how pointless his speech (that you are forced to listen to) is. To summarize: "My Rapidash is da bomb, yo. *insert pointless banter*" At least by "listening" to the old man's story, he parts ways with something worth $1 million Pokedollars - a Bicycle Voucher. Apparently his wonderful Fearow (which isn't as great as his magnificent Rapidash) can Fly him anywhere, so why he had a million dollar voucher to begin with is way past me. Another odd thing is that by simply listening to him, he parts ways with it. Are you telling me that NOBODY else stopped by before I did and show a little respect?

Vermilion City Scumbag

Think about this: you hear in the news that the city where a loved one is overrun by an evil organization known as Team Rocket, and they are terrorizing them to the point where they are all secluded in their tiny homes. The only way of contact is by pigeon (oh sorry, Pidgey) mail, so you write something as fast as you can. And the message will be considerate and assuring, right? Well, this apparently insensitive douche has trouble with basic human emotions, because his note reads something like: "Oh, I hear your city is overrun by the all-powerful, evil Team Rocket. Just thought you should know that my city is perfectly fine." Trust me, if this game allowed me to rewrite that note, I'd write: "I'm a total douche. P.S. A wonderfully handsome *insert character name here* will be coming to your town to kick Team Rocket's weak asses out soon."

S.S. Anne Sailor

You're either just looking for items or trainers so you can level up your Pokemon, but you eventually run across this sailor in his room. I think the screenshot says it all, he likes his young children feisty. Of course, you all know what he actually meant, but what's wrong with: "I like a good fight!"? What's worse is the situation you're in what these words are spoken: a sailor who should be working is in his private room, and you walk in alone. Would this really be the best words to pick in this situation? At least you beat his weak ass into the ground and never see him again, the creeper.

The S.S. Anne Captain

According to one of the ship's employees, the captain is a master swordsman because he holds a hidden machine that contains Cut, a move that he himself can't directly use. For being a master swordsman AND a fricking Captain, he manages to contain himself in his own room and hold down a bad case of sea sickness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ships usually stocked with Gravol or some other Dimenhydrinate variation in case of nausea? I mean, we have a Captain that can't start moving the damn ship because he's feeling ill. Oh, and how do you cure sea sickness? According to Pokemon, you rub the back of the one who is suffering. Those accursed words on the screen will never escape your mind: "Rub rub... rub rub... rub rub...".

Any Shopping Mart Clerks

While overcharging us for simple necessities is a bloody crime, everyone in Pokemon seems to commit the deed anyways, so there's no use complaining. What we CAN complain about is when the clerks attempt to subtly trick/make fun of you. Just look at that insulting screenshot: "I can pay you $0 for that." This message is so tricky that those of us in a rush to sell items and get back to the actual game (which is everyone who enjoys the concept of FUN) end up accidentally selling off a useful item for literally nothing. To add final insult, there are items that the shop clerk won't buy from you. "I can't buy that." and "I'll buy it from you for...nothing."; what is the bloody difference? He might as well just take my item that is apparently so sacred that it's not allowed to be taken into inventory, and laugh in my childish face for not properly understanding the world of business.

The Pokemon Tower Channelers

Okay, Pokemon Tower (on your first visit) is one of the creepiest locations in the entire game. Apparently evil spirits have possessed the channelers of the tower, and only by defeating them in a Pocket Monster battle can you free them from their torment. If only 'The Exorcist' was that simple, huh? Either way, things start out eerie and only get scarier as you ascend further up the tower. Not only do more and more possessed channelers block your path, but a few of them have terrifying things to say to you. The most frightening of all is shown in the second screenshot, "Give...me...blood...". Bloody hell, this would be scary even in a modern day horror game, but for it to show up in a world of cuddly monsters and children trainers is beyond ghastly.

First Degree Murderers

Yes, when you battled trainers, your Pokemon would get injured and pass out. However, what kept this game safe for children is that they never actually died. Get in a battle, black out, and return to the nearest Pokemon Centre with no apparent injuries (and with much less money). That was the magical formula, and parents were satisfied enough that their children weren't killing anything or watching anything die. Once the parents turned their back, you run into Lavender Town and learn that Pokemon COULD and actually DID die. A LOT. Talking to the two in the screenshots reveal that the now-more-evil Team Rocket actually killed a large number of Pokemon completely. It is revealed that the Pokemon Tower holds gravestones for all the Pokemon that were murdered by Team Rocket. Think back to your climb up that accursed tower; there were enough gravestones to make it a bloody maze - that's how many Pokemon they killed! Actually, who knows how many more were never found. Shall we call up Ms. Ema Skye and scientifically analyze all the Rocket hideouts for blood?

The Karate Gym Leader

Much like the Fossil Nerd, this fighter stays at the end of a hallway of other carbon copy fighters and guards the two Pokeballs behind him. The entire gym is easy to defeat, and as soon as you defeat their leader (who uses the Pokemon in the Pokeballs behind him during the fight itself), he gives up one of the prizes he was guarding. I ask yet again, but is anyone else on this adventure to fight the Elite Four and be the best trainer? You'll take one of his beloved trophies and leave, and the leader will keep his second trophy for the rest of his boring life. You're telling me that nobody could defeat a group of fighting-type Pokemon, and while allowed healing along the way? Or does the gym leader have an infinite number of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee stashed away in a hidden room in the back? If that were the case, why doesn't he ever replace the one I take away? Oh right, because nobody ever trains their Pokemon in this game except for you. They just sit in the same place with the same level Pokemon - imagine if there were less trainers in general, but they actually train their Pokemon at your pace, and can run into you later on. Actually, let me write this down and e-Mail Game Freak and Nintendo.

The Rocket Failure Guard

Allow me to introduce the worst guard in the entire game. His only job is to keep little children out of this one building, which will keep all of Team Rocket's evil plans running smoothly. Of course, this idiot has to fail at that one task. For a majority of the game he stays sharp and successfully guards the entrance. Of course, once you infiltrate the Game Centre/Pokemon Tower bases, it must activate the "Rocket Guard: Take one step over and fall asleep" code, because that's exactly what the dumbass does. I can understand falling asleep on the job, but with such an important task, you'd think he'd lock the door, chain himself to the entrance, or at least fall asleep against the door. But nope, that would be way too logical, now wouldn't it? If he's going to slack off, he's going to be as retarded as he can - be very thankful that guards like him exist. Imagine if he never moved and was the perfect guard. You'd never save the scientists in the building. You'd never obtain a rare Lapras. You'd be forced to return home after all your hard work. If that guard gets fired, I'll be happy to hire him...to guard my pocket lint.
Old 2011-01-06, 05:34   Link #193
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

papermario13689's Sayings

A compilation of sayings by myself.

- In an orchestra, missing just one instrument will dramatically change the sound. Such is the way our life works - if we lose one important person, our lives change dramatically. Therefore, we must fill the void by opening new doors and allowing new people in. The end result is always a majestic sound.

- "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." However, life doesn't hand you lemons. Instead, when life gives you opportunities, make yourself an opportunist.

- Our lives are like arrows fired from a bow. If we aim straight at the target, we theoretically should hit it directly. However, obstacles always get in our way, causing us to stray from the target. The important thing to remember is that hitting the target is all that matters - nobody expects us to make a perfect shot at life.

- Fortune isn't wealth. People always make this simple mistake, but fortunate are the ones who know the true meaning of fortune - the gift of life and happiness.

- Both a compliment and an insult can stay with someone forever. These are powerful tools - one that sends poison through the body, while the other sends bliss. We never got anywhere by insulting others - it's the words of faith that keep us going.

- We never walk backwards because it is dangerous. It is important to take steps forward to get ahead in life, but never forget to turn around and backtrack now and then as well. Just remember to face forward when you walk, no matter whichever way you are going.

- They said the Earth wasn't round. They said man could never fly. They said you could never be something. They were wrong.

- Everyone is born with a talent, there is nobody in the world that doesn't possess one. The difference between people is that some will let that talent become lost to the world, while others will pursue them to the ends of the Earth. Always pursue your talents, and the world will remember your name.

- Reward only comes to those who are not afraid to step outside their own boundaries. One cannot expect to move forward when they never take chances.

- Empathy is to feel with a person, while sympathy is the feel for the person. Always practice empathy before sympathy. For instance, if you obtained an umbrella and were walking in the rain with your girlfriend, you would see that she was getting wet from the rain. Thus, the normal reaction would be to both stand under the umbrella. However, this would mean that when you returned home, you would be dry while she was drenched. Instead, offer her the umbrella, and feel the rain as she did. Anyone can sympathize without meaning, but one cannot empathize unless they absolutely cared for the person's troubles.

"Give a fish to a homeless man, and he will eat for one day. Teach the man to fish, and he will never go hungry again." Take this saying a step further, and encourage the man to take the same action for another unfortunate being. This way, that man is not the only one that will be freed from hunger.

- The only thing more important than leading a fulfilling life is leading a fulfilling life with your one and only true love.

- Walk not the path that others build for you, but the one you build for yourself.

- "Rome wasn't built in a day." However, the signing of the Declaration of Independence formed the United States in one day. When Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge, the very definition of humanity was forged that day. Do not mistake this saying, it does not imply that grand things cannot be built in one day, but instead implies that hard work and dedication is the foundation for greatness.

- If you're going to work half-heartedly, don't work at all. The well-oiled machine does not need a rusty cog added to it while it is running smoothly.

- Join me on my path across life - the lonely venture becomes less impossible with every person you meet along the way.

- "There is somebody for everyone in this world." Grasp this saying tightly, for those who don't find anyone gave up too early.

- Laughter is only one of the best medicines. Mix in love and affection, and you've got a concoction that cannot be beaten.

- Why is the sky our limit? Always reach for beyond that, as far as you can go.

- Never give up, because that is when it's over.

- Give up? That's never an option you should take, because dedicated perseverance always pays off in the end.

- Why do we falter? Because we're scared. But why do we push on? Because we're strong on the inside, no matter what anyone says.

- The moment you stop living for yourself, is the moment you start living for others. This beautiful moment is undeniably the best you will have in your life.

- When all is grim, a simple prayer stretches out and saves those who are at their absolute end.

- Given the choice, would you be beautiful on the outside, or on the inside? Truly reflect on how being beautiful on the outside will leave you emotionally empty, while being beautiful on the inside will leave you in a completely different state.

- Reach out to the people you meet, and they will reach back. Through this joining of hands, we are truly taught the importance of unity.

- Nothing in this world stays the same. If you don't get up and move with it, you can never take that step forward in your life.

- "I can't" isn't an acceptable phrase, there is nothing you can't do if you put everything you've got into learning.

- Procrastination is the biggest ingredient in failure. We can't determine our own future, so you kill off your chances at life whenever you procrastinate.

- Sheltering yourself from the world is a wrecking ball, and interaction is the order to cancel. Today's demolition? Your life.

- Love for yourself is stronger than unbreakable steel. What other love can fuel all of your decisions and actions all at once?

- You never know how truly blessed you are, until you or your loved one is standing at death's door.

- You never know how others live...until you've taken their steps for yourself.

- When you drown in the problems in your life, a hand always reaches out from somewhere. You cannot give up while this hand offers you life again.

- Fear sinks in, and you cower. Stand up, overcome the fear. Only then can you move on with your life.

- Everyone has a talent and a problem in their lifetime. It would be wise to nurture the talent and to push through the problem.

- Live or die, the choice is ultimately ours, isn't it? And it seems that you've chosen correctly if you can read this message.

- People say life isn't long enough, but as long as you don't procrastinate, you have plenty of time to do whatever you wish.

- A true friend stays until the painful end.

- One needs nourishment to survive - not just physically, but mentally as well. To be precise, one needs much more mental nourishment than physical nourishment.

- No matter how many times you are knocked over, if you keep getting back up and trying again, you will always succeed.

- Practice does not make perfect - nobody is perfect. Instead, practice makes permanent - you permanently become skilled in your own way.

- Do you have the will to fight on? Then you cannot lose.

- Why do we eat and drink? So we can live. Why do we love? For the exact same reason.

- When death knocks at your door, do not answer unless you have no regrets left in life.

- Monetary value means nothing when compared to the value of life itself.

- Happiness comes every day for some people, and for some it never comes at all. Always treasure every day as if it was your last.

- We hold hands, and with our combined strength, we fight for one person. That is the power of love, which can break any curse.

- Ice always melts, so you can't live a cold life forever.
Old 2011-01-06, 05:41   Link #194
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Sofiel's Sayings

A compilation of Sofiel's Sayings, which were written in conjunction with my own.

- Loneliness is merely the temprance that allows us to truly apperciate what it means to be loved. If we learn to cultivate gratitude, loneliness is merely an intermission to pure joy.

- Darkness fears light, not the other way around. When there is light darkness shuns away and hides. Never does darkness overtake the light unless you put the light out. Think about that next time you allow darkness swell in your heart.

- "You are the wind, I am the sand" we are two seperate things yet we dance together so easily~ that is the grace of true love.

- Night Blooming Cereus, a flower which blooms only at night - you mustn't pluck, for these flowers are paired - plucking a blossom from one location causes another elsewhere to die. They are truly "the love of those who only wish to see each other." Love in this way and you shall understand the virtue of this flower.

- You know it's love when you want to give joy and forsake the consequences.

- As children we learn that the world can be anything we imagine, yet as adults we believe the world can only be what we experienced... If that is true, than that makes the adult the foolish one.

- No matter how cloudy things get or how dark the day becomes, know that the sun is always shining above those clouds.

- One does not need to be a beauty that can destroy a nation to have happiness.

- Every girl deserves to be Cinderella.

- Dilated eyes, queasy sick feeling, loss of sense of self, feelings of faintness, and desire of warmth - there are two things that make one feel this way - Love and Poison. Both will change your world forever.

- Love is the star that guides you through the blackest of nights.

- If there is no hope then you've not seen the fire within your soul. The song and melody of your body that urges you ever forward.

- The universe isn't something to demand of or rush, it will give all in time you need only keep that thought in your heart.

- There is no such thing as an empty greeting, all of us touch each others lives in a profound way. Once we meet our lives have already begun to alter course.

- You can not stifle or deny love, it is a raging fire that will emerge eventually and scorch you.

- The only words a human can say that will never be true is: "I love no one."

- Divine power gave birth to the galaxy through the stars, which gave birth to life, so you could say that we were made from stars. You needn't wish on a star you merely need to wish in your heart. Surly it would come true as you are always the first star you see.

- If you feel that things are out of your reach just take a step. That is all you need to do is take the first step forward. You will find that it shall come closer and closer with each step.

- Reflection is the first step to healing past pain. You may not realize it, but the second you look back the healing process has already begun.
The answer to all global, universal, and individual problems existing today is to rid ourselves of our ego or false self.

- Do not let the poisons of the world effect you. If you do that than anyone has control over your happiness. Wouldn't it be best if you had control?

- If beauty is only what your eyes can see, then you are trapped in a fatal illusion. True beauty is felt heart to heart, a place too profound for superficial senses.

- You can become anyone do anything and change a bad deed by simply saying "From now on I won't do it." There is no need for tomorrow or after this or that. You can change simply having the courage to start now.

- When you look at things and situations in life look with as little preconceptions as possible. You should always question and ask what things are doing or how they work, even if you already know. The ability to relearn and discern is our gift as concious beings.

- Take your time, the story will tell itself, but not always in the pace we would want.

- Often times one rages denial of what their innerself is telling them. Listen to your heart, it's the only guiding post that can't betray you. Only people can do that.

- Live for your dreams till the last drop of your blood, death can come at any time.

- Take a chance, there is nothing wrong with rejection or failure. What is wrong is never trying and allowing yourself to live in regret. Never pass up a chance if you feel the push, take it!

- I still believe the world is a beautiful place. Sure there is terrible things that happen and darkness around us, but there is also the overcoming of it.

- Control anger... before it controls you.

- Life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.

- An esteemed person should not worry about people knowing them, they should worry about people they do not know.

- Some people ask when they are at the end of their rope, why do I still live. The answer is simple, you haven't given up on the dream... not yet.

- Never judging someones appearance, being accepting and caring despite race, weight, background or past, Always be cheerful when others are around and open to meet and learn about new people, grasp reality and strive ever forward, rejoice in what is given and give thanks always. Sound like a wonderful person? Well, your dog is already that... so why is it that we behave poorer than a dog?

- Short-term expediency always fails in the long-term.

- Seeds are planted with each new meeting, don't judge too quickly because what fruit they bare can not be known until the one flourishes.

- We each write the story of our own lives, if you feel yours isn't worth reading perhaps it's time to edit it.

- When others place impossible expectations on a man, he must redefine his goals, and forge his own path. That way at least someone is satisfied.

- A life lived in love will never be dull.

- Do not let yourself or anyone else set the limit to what you can do or who you can become. Setting limits on yourself and your possible chance at happiness is how sorrow and loss is created.

- Who being loved is poor?

- Dreams are the trailer of life's coming attractions.

- Time isn't always your enemy, learn to use the time you are given and you'll find you can have time work for you.

- The only thing that shall limit you is you. No one else can stop you, no situation can stop you, no words can hinder you. When you understand this you'll learn just how powerful you are.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:44   Link #195
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Woah I just came around this thread and found all sorts of things I must read, caught me by surprise with all these words papermario. (starts reading)
Old 2011-01-06, 18:42   Link #196
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

There's two posts that have the sayings that Sofiel and I constructed a while back. I just needed to post them and link them to my first post (to save space). Speaking of which, I organized and completely redesigned the first post^^

And of course, the Suspicious Pokemon Characters (Part 2) is new, and so is Chapter 1 of my new novel, "Knowledge".
Old 2011-01-07, 06:36   Link #197
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Suspicious Pokemon Characters (Conclusion)

Nurse Hostage
Silph Company is under the control of Team Rocket, and there are many guards stationed around the enormous building. The employees are stuck inside small rooms as hostages, and dare not attempt an escape. Luckily, you’re bold enough to walk straight in there (past the worst guard ever), and take them down, one by one. You battle waves of Rockets in a seemingly endless war, and with a weakened group of Pokemon, you stumble into a corner. Here, a nurse has manage to set up a healing area composed of 5 giant beds, and has been hiding here undetected. Lucky for her, no Rockets were deployed in this area where the beds happened to be. This tough woman never acts like a hostage would; instead she’s under the delusion that she’s still working at her full-time job in a Pokemon Centre.

Old Pervert
Wow, this old man takes the entire creepy cake – there will be no sharing with him. When you first arrive at Celadon City in search for your Rainbowbadge, you’ll see him perched outside the gym. Here’s what he says: “This gym is great! It’s full of women!” Now, that there is creepy enough, but what creeps me out the most is that you’ll defeat Erika and leave Celadon City, finish your long quest, and then probably return days later. Of course, it seems the old man’s perversion knows no ends, and you can wait as long as you like – he’s never going to stop peeking into the young women’s gym.

Grammatically Challenged Scientist
Remember the fossil you took from the nerd in Mt. Moon, and the Amber you collected from the Pewter City Museum? Well, those fossils can actually be brought back to life with the help of this guy. At first, he seems like he knows what he’s doing, but make sure you have a fossil on hand when you talk to him, because if you don’t, he’ll basically turn into a semi-literate idiot. Actually, he’ll talk like that all over the place, saying things like: “No! IS too bad!”. Will you trust your rare fossils with this guy? Just so you know, the game thinks you should.

Warden “Slowpoke”
The poor Warden of the Safari Zone has become an incomprehensible man. You’ll learn that the Warden is holding a hidden machine that contains Strength for moving large boulders. You’ll also learn that he has lost the ability to talk properly because he lost his Gold Teeth. Yes, GOLD TEETH. Where did he lose them, you ask? Maybe in his house? In the offices of the Safari Zone? No, he dropped them in a random location inside the actual Safari Zone. How he managed to drop his false teeth and not realize until he returned home is way beyond me, but what surprises me more is that I was the first one to find his prized speech tool. When you reach the end of the Safari Zone and get the Surf hidden machine, you’ll learn that you’re the first to make it there too. Does anybody else move around in this world?

Victory Road Swimmer Guards
Victory Road was a very ingenious idea. Imagine skillfully obtaining all the badges in the league, and then walking a glorious road past 8 guards who make sure you’re among the few who are talented enough to reach the Elite Four. After you show off your shiny Rainbowbadge, you’re forced to surf on one of your Pokemon to reach the next two guards. What’s odd about these two guards? They’re physically treading water all day, every day, waiting for trainers. Quite a few questions arise when you think of this scenario: “Do these guards have to swim to shore whenever they get tired?”, “What happens at night for these two guards? Do they sleep in the water?”, and “Did these guards offer to be in the water, or were they demoted to that position?”

Giovanni
Team Rocket’s executive leader is quite the strange man. Ever since you ran into the first Rocket takeover, Giovanni has been there to try and foil your liberation attempts. He vows again and again to get his revenge, and you beat him once more at Silph Company, and at this point he escapes to Viridian City. The final gym in Viridian City has been closed this entire time because leader Giovanni was on personal leave for reasons of world domination. When did all those trainers inside the Victory Road Cave and Gary obtain the Earthbadge? Either way, once you defeat Giovanni in the gym, he becomes so ashamed of his loss that he disbands Team Rocket entirely. Let’s face it, Giovanni is decently tough, but once you beat him, he’ll either swear vengeance or break down and destroy his plans for ultimate domination.

Gary
Since we’re on the topic of continuity (or the lack thereof), let’s talk about your rival, Gary. You should note that in a video game, you should never take anything too seriously, but this guy manages to avoid all the rules throughout the whole game. Once you defeat Lance of the Elite Four, you’re allowed to enter the Hall of Fame to enter your Pokemon as the best trainer in the land. Of course, Gary never seems to do this; he instead waits in a room for you with a fully healed party. Let’s think about your quest again. Unless Gary waited until you conveniently set up all the gym leaders, he wouldn’t have been able to obtain many of the badges. Considering he was always a step ahead throughout the whole game, I find that hard to believe. Of course, let’s not delve into the realism of games too much here. What perplexes me is when you defeat Gary, Professor Oak appears and informs Gary that he wasn’t the champion because I had more love for my Pokemon. That my friends, is an incredibly incorrect statement. Gary didn’t get into the Hall of Fame because instead of walking a few extra steps and entering his Pokemon into the computer, he stands there and waits for you to mop the floor with him for the umpteenth time. (And did anyone ever wonder why he loved to say: “Smell ya!”)

Lonely Pewter Gym Trainer
Aw, this poor guy. Day by day, he stands in place, waiting for challengers to face Brock. Being the only trainer there, he must have gotten very, very lonely. According to him: “You’re pretty hot, but not as hot as Brock!” He seems to have developed a special relationship with Brock, and no matter how hot you are, you’re not match for him. Take his message however you wish, but did nobody notice how weird his statement sounded?

Hopeful Girl
On your way to Pokemaniac Bill’s house, you’ll be attacked by several trainers. One of these trainers is a young girl, who goes down easily enough. Have a talk with her after the fight, and she’ll say something…not quite right. ("I wish my guy was as good as you!") Here’s the problem: it seems I skipped over the dialogue the first time, and I only caught this message when I returned a second time. I have NO idea what she actually meant to say, but it was hilariously odd when I read it and that’s enough for me. It seems like even Pokemon is unsafe from relationship problems.

Bill, The “Pokemaniac”
Everyone in Cerulean City knows about Bill, the Pokemaniac. He apparently owns a very large collection of rare Pokemon which nobody has ever seen before. “Wow!” you say. “Better go and have a look for myself!” So you venture to Bill’s house and come face to face with a science project run amok. After helping Bill change back to his human self, he offers you a ticket for the S.S. Anne, and also allows you to take a peek at his marvelous Pokemon collection on his PC. “Oh, the excitement!” you think, as you stare at the screen. Yes, that’s right. His wonderful gallery is composed of Eevee and his 3 evolved forms. Nice picks, Bill. I found more rare Pokemon the last time I visited SeaWorld.

Connected Guards
3 separate guards block three separate paths into three separate cities. Each is craving a refreshing drink that you can get from the Celadon Megamart, and so you head there to grab 3 drinks for the 3 hard working guards. Upon return, you give up your first can of cold refreshment and the guard thanks you by allowing you passage. He mentions sharing drinks with his brothers, but that’s not important. You want to repeat the same process for the other two guards as quickly as possible, so you can see two more cities that lie beyond. However, when you visit both, it seems like they’ve somehow transfered the drink to each other without actually moving an inch. Tell them to teach me the secret of indirect osmosis, because it certainly would be revolutionary – being able to share drinks with somebody across the world.

Pokemon Writer
Even the production team is not safe from suspicion, because when you enter this building in Celadon City, you can meet with the digital counterparts of the Pokemon production team. Talking with the story writer should reveal something interesting, right? Well, “interesting” certainly describes what his comment is. There’s one line about how he wrote the story, followed by several lines talking about how attractive Erika, Misty and Sabrina are. Luckily, you manage to run away in fear quickly enough; if you had stayed any longer, who knows what other digital girls he would hit on.

Trapped Old Man
In Celadon City, you’ll probably keep noticing this old man, who is basically staying on the opposite side of a small pond. How did he get there? What is he doing there? Well, when you finally obtain the ability to Surf, you make your way over there to find out. The conversation pretty pointless in itself, but all you get out of it is a technical machine containing Softboiled. The old man goes on to mention that only Chansey can use the TM, so why he was holding onto it is a mystery to me. My biggest curiosity comes from the house behind him; I had thought he lived in it and had a pond for scenic enjoyment. But take another look at that house…there’s no bloody door! We’ll never know how he got there, and why he even was there in the first place.

And just as a bonus…
Now, if I got 666 experience points once, it could happen anywhere. But would you believe that I obtained this number of experience points a total of 9 times? And all with my Dragonair? Quite odd indeed…I wouldn’t look too much into that; it’s all just a string of coincidences…right?!

And that brings our 3 part Pokemon suspicions to an end. Who knows? One day we may return again to this series, but with the Gold and Silver games involved.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-01-07 at 15:04.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 06:43   Link #198
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Scott Pilgrim VS. The World Review

Okay, so it’s been a while since the movie came out in theatres, but I figure I should get a movie review out there, so here we are!

Scott Pilgrim VS. The World is a simple love story that just can’t seem to…stay normal. Back when this movie was still just in theatres, my friend showed me the trailer and in all honesty, I wasn’t interested at all. It probably didn’t help that I hadn’t read the graphic novels by Bryan Lee O’Malley, and it also probably didn’t help that I couldn’t stand Michael Cera‘s voice at first.

So I avoided the theatre, but when the movie hit our towne cinema for a discounted ticket price, I gave in. Walking in, the theatre was almost empty – “can’t be a good sign“, I thought to myself. In the theatre showing, I had a few laughs at the obvious jokes, but because I was in the wrong mindset I missed out on a LOT of things. I have to admit, the soundtrack was much to my liking.

The premise: Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) and Knives Chau (Ellen Wong) are dating, and all is peachy-keen between the two, until Scott locks eyes with a girl named Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). After failing to impress Ramona at a party, Scott orders something from Amazon.ca to get Ramona to deliver it to him (it’s her part-time work). The two share a mostly emotional night together and Ramona starts to hang out more with Scott (who has not told Knives that he’s dating Ramona). While using his gay roommate’s dial-up internet, Scott also receives a strange e-Mail that tells him the fight of his life is coming his way, but Scott is easily bored with the message and deletes it. That turns out to be a mistake, because he is unexpectedly attacked and learns that he must defeat Ramona’s 7 evil exes if they are to continue dating.

Scott Pilgrim VS. The World isn’t meant to be taken seriously, so if you do, you may find it difficult to get into the story. Everything that happens in this film is in its own little magical world, where logic is thrown out the door. Don’t expect to have any “What just happened?” questions answered, just take it for what it is and you will enjoy it.

The comedy is unique and actually very solid. If you are a hardcore (or even a casual) fan of video games and the media world in general, you’ll be able to spot TONS of clever references in this film. The DVD/Blu-Ray versions have a “trivia track” subtitle available, that mentions all the references and additional tidbits while you watch the movie. If you’ve seen the movie already, be sure to check out the “Extras” at the end of this review for a few of those references.

Visuals and music = awesome. A very talented group of artists worked on the music for this movie, and thus an epic soundtrack was born. Beck Hansen himself composed many of the Sex Bob-omb (Scott Pilgrim’s distortion-loving band) songs, while Nigel Godrich composed most of the background music. Aside from the soundtrack, the visuals are quite epic as well, using a flashy/colourful style to give the movie an edgy, yet exciting look.

In conclusion: Don’t go into Scott Pilgrim VS. The World expecting something heavily story driven and straightforward. If you’re looking for something that is purely comical and entertaining, then this movie will definitely appeal to you. (Or in my case, grow on you)
Oh, and for those of you who are still wondering: Michael Cera’s voice no longer annoys me. I think it’s a fitting voice for his character.

SCORE: 8/10

Spoiler for Fun Facts - May Contain Spoilers!:
Old 2011-01-07, 06:47   Link #199
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The Upcoming K-ON! Movie Prediction

Oh the joy! We’re getting a K-ON! movie, and it’ll be produced by KyoAni, who gave us the wonderful movie: “The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya“.
With that note, while we anxiously await for the movie, I have an on-the-spot prediction about how the movie will play out.

Prologue
Sakuragaoka High School’s bell rings. The weather is sunny, with cherry blossoms floating around in a mild breeze. We see an overview of the school’s inner halls, and it is soon followed by an ecstatic, powerful countdown with the sound of resonating drumstick clacks. 1! 2! 3! 4! and one of K-ON’s songs starts playing. [I have a feeling it will be either Cagayake! GIRLS or Fuwa Fuwa Time] During the song, we’re shown a series of clips involving the original HTT members, which includes seeing them play their song and several other clips that involves their adventures together.

Opening
As their song comes to an end, the camera pans out to reveal Azusa, Ui and Jun playing together in the same room, with the original members nowhere to be seen. The three girls shortly reminisce about the previous club members, and Ui obsesses over her sister a little bit more.

Because the new school year has started, the club is once again put under pressure to find another member before it is declared that they don’t have enough members to perform their live show. Azusa, Ui and Jun contemplate how they’ll find another member, just like the previous members had to do.

It is decided that they’ll put up fliers (seeing as how none of them knew the light-music club at the time that the last club put their fliers up), and of course, Ui’s picture completely stumps Jun’s relatively off-topic flier, and it is picked over Azusa’s creation. During all this, an optimistic Sawako-sensei suggests the traditional animal costumes for advertising, which systematically progresses to Azusa’s denial. A ludicrous (and probably quite useless) suggestion is made by Jun, which is politely refused by Ui, while being completely destroyed inside Azusa’s mind. In the end though, the scene pops to the girls in the frightening animal costumes, handing out fliers.

Nobody rejects the fliers, but nobody in particular looks interested. Even as they politely accept the offers, the students have no real interest in joining, which Azusa immediately senses.

Weeks pass, with nobody even showing up at the club door to take a look. Troubled, the girls decide to practice a few of their songs to take their mind off of their current predicament. In the midst of hearing one of their new songs, we hear a barely audible knock against the wooden door. Just as Azusa cautiously looked into the clubroom for the first time, a timid girl (To follow my inklings, I’m naming her Misaka) enters the room, tightly clutching one of the fliers that was passed out a few weeks back.

It is revealed that she had been interested from the very beginning, but is ridiculously shy (which is why Azusa couldn’t sense any interest from her, and why she didn’t show up for weeks). After a decent length chat (over teatime…at Azusa’s suggestion surprisingly), it is revealed that “Misaka” has quite the experience in music theory, which impresses everyone. However, due to her shy nature, she never attempted to do anything with this skill of hers, meaning she doesn’t have experience playing instruments. Like the previous club members played for Yui, the new group decides to play for “Misaka”.

Even while playing, Azusa notices Misaka tapping her foot along with the song in a very special way. While normal people tap their foot along to basic beats, Misaka’s foot tap out different, intricate beats. Then soon her fingers follow. A spark goes off in Azusa’s head, causing her to make a mistake in her playing. The song never finishes, but Azusa confronts a puzzled Misaka about getting her to play the drums. It takes a little time until Ui realizes where Azusa’s confidence in Misaka came from, and for Jun the realization doesn’t ever arrive, until Ui kindly points it out. If Misaka had to start an instrument at any point, the drums just seemed perfectly suited for her. After a tough decision, Misaka finally overcomes her potential fears and joins.

Misaka sits down at the Sonar drumset that the school had, and as expected, her first attempts at playing are confusing and broken. Jun still wonders why Azusa suggested this, but Azusa’s resolve stands strong. Desperate for a drummer anyways, the members welcome her into the group and offer to help her learn the drums. They all enthusiastically raise their fists for the success of their first live concert.

Mid-Point (Story Arc)
On-board a bus, we see a shy-as-ever Mio looking out the window into the sights outside. The scene cuts to the other members of HTT, who are all waiting at the station where they all stood a long time ago, after their part time work to help buy Yui’s guitar. When the bus arrives, the girls are re-united. After reminiscing about their previous adventures at this location, the girls head to Yui’s house. As usual, an unbelievably mature Ui greets them at the door, and Yui’s maturity is the focus of the jokes that soon follow.

While the girls all enjoy a meal (once again, fully made professionally by Ui), they talk about their lives at university, at which Yui is obviously having slight difficulty in. Mio is still struggling with meeting new people, Ritsu is already getting in trouble for disrupting class, and Mugi is suspiciously talking about several classmates that interest her. The topic changes, and Ui informs them about their club’s new 4th member. Ecstatic, the HTT members find out all they can about the new girl. Afterwards, Ui lets them know that they’ve been working on a few new songs, and requests that the girls come to their live performance as alumni. The girls consider their schedules, and decide to think on their decision.

Moments later, the doorbell rings, and in steps Azusa and Jun, who have been invited over by Ui. The two girls had no idea that their senpai were in the other room, and Ui sneakily leads the two groups together. Not having seen them since graduation, everyone is ecstatic. Through more insight on the new girl, the graduates decide that they will attend the live performance, as they are now curious about her.

Near the end of the day, the girls go their separate ways. While we don’t see where anyone else goes, Azusa heads back to the school, to pick up her guitar, and Jun tags along. When they arrive, the school is empty, but a resounding thumping and crashing of a drumset can be heard throughout the entire school grounds. Following the sound to the music clubroom, Azusa and Jun see Misaka at the set, practicing as if her life depended on it. Surprisingly, she had improved dramatically, and was certainly close to being ready for a live performance. Azusa unpacks her guitar, and Jun picks up her bass. The three play something relatively simple, but do so very successfully. While the scene fades out, we see Sawako-sensei, watching silently but happily through a crack in the clubroom door.

Denouement
It’s days before the live performance. Advisor Sawako contently listens to the new songs, and is fully satisfied that the live will go well. Sawako’s next step, of course, is to suggest ridiculous costumes for their performance, which is when Misaka begins to worry…a lot. Typical Azusa suggests their school uniforms for the show, whereas Misaka quickly agrees to. As a worrying thought, we see Jun actually considering Sawako’s costumes…we’re slowly losing her. Azusa even briefly considers the cat ears.

Curtain time. We see an overview of the school’s festival, which is packed like always. The girls all help bring equipment to the stage, and a surprised Jun sees Ui pass her, carrying equipment with no trouble. (Reminisce in the good old days, where Yui watched Mugi pass her in the same fashion~) After being green-lighted by the new student council member, Azusa shares a laugh with her friends about how Ritsu always forgot to hand in the stage request forms.

Until the curtain rises, all is good. Everything is set and ready to go. Then the curtain opens. Sitting in the audience is a ridiculous amount of new faces, along with the old HTT members, who are standing in the back where Azusa, Ui and Jun watched years ago. Then, a problem arises. Just like Mio broke down in her first concert, Misaka’s fear arises. The remaining band members notice a quivering Misaka and comfort her. The old HTT members also shout encouragement from far away, which leads into a thunderous shout from the crowd. It was clear, they all showed up to see the revival of the keion-bu. Misaka’s shakiness subsides, and she energetically counts off their song.

We only catch a glimpse of one of their songs, but everyone is happy. The new band has a much different feel to them, but they never lost the original band’s spirit, determination, and will to work hard. Therefore, their music stays as energetic as ever.

Ending
At the end, the new members receive a huge applause from the entire crowd, and unlike the old band’s first performance, they exit off-stage without troubles. An overexcited Jun waits at the door of the clubroom, where the old band stood. And just like old times, nobody arrives after the performance. Later on, however, the alumni show up along with Sawako, congratulating them on their successful performance. Lots of AZU-NYAAAAN hugs are given by Yui to…well, everyone. After a disappointing amount of time, nobody arrives at the door. The girls have important matters to attend to, and the senpai leave, while only the kouhai remain. Just as they are about to pack up and leave, we catch a glimpse of a new girl with long hair and a hard-shell guitar case in hand…

Yeah, it’s total fiction and ends on a cliffhanger. If ANY of that actually happens in the real movie, I’ll be at a total loss for words.
Old 2011-01-08, 02:38   Link #200
Knightrunner

I missed a lot for the pass two days. I better start reading. For the pokemon post if you read the Manga it may clarify some of the team rocket stuff.

Tags
blog, chroma, hiroi sekai, photoshop