AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-17, 23:17   Link #1
WooHyuk2Be

Weiss Kreuz and Weiss Kreuz Gluhen...?

Whats the differecene between the Weiss Kreuz and Weiss Kreuz Gluhen? I'd like to know :\ haha...I've got the OVA's...Theres Episodes...and a movie? Or 2 sets of eps and no movie?
Old 2004-01-17, 23:23   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I thought that there was a Weiss Kreuz OVA and also a thirteen episode series for Weis Kreuz Gluhen....

To tell u the truth... I've seen both and I was left somewhat confused as to the relation between the two... I think that the series had similar but, yet not the same characters... like they had the same names and weapons and shit like that.... except that Persia was an old man in the OVA, whereas, in the series he was a young man.... Im not really sure....

both of Weiss Kreuz stuff are alright... it's kinda twisted in some ways.. but yet sometimes kinda stupid...... I like it for the blood and fighting...

-- [edit: grammar shit ] --
Old 2004-01-18, 00:39   Link #3
WooHyuk2Be

If you goto AnimeNfo.com and search for "Weiss", it brings up 3 different things with 3 different production dates.

Weiss Kreuz - 1998 with 25 eps released
Weiss Kreuz Gluhen - 2002 with 13 eps released
Weiss Kreuz OVA - 2000 with 4 OVA eps

So...yah...a little confusing. If it was 1998, I should be able to find the DVDs on em..
Old 2004-01-18, 00:48   Link #4
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Well... if anything go and watch Weiss Kreuz Gluhen if you haven't already done so... I liked it better than the other one I saw... though the ending to it is kinda wack imo......... but don't let that discourage you watchin it!
Old 2004-01-22, 22:50   Link #5
na_no_da

weiss kreuz gluhen is weiss kreuz's second season. the characters are the same they just got new character designs in the second season... and Persia died in first season so in second season Omi takes his place o.o *takes a deep breath*
... ^_^
Old 2004-01-22, 23:26   Link #6
mirichan

Actually, the problem is that there are a lot of CD-Drama in japanese only that fills a lot of the gaps between WK and Gluhen (and explains, per example, why both Manx and Birman are not in the new anime -- they're both dead) or what happened to Farfarello...

And the OVA comes between the TV series and Gluhen.

Due to a lawsuit, the character designs had to be changed so it explains the extreme difference for some of the characters (Crawford being one of the worst) and while unclear, there are MANY years between the TV series and Gluhen.

And Omi is no more. The new Persia is Takatori Mamoru, aka Omi's grandfather (who was the creator of both Kritiker (the agency Persia controlled and for whom the Weiss boys worked) and Eszet (the group for whom Schwarz worked)) got sick and "adopted" Omi back to the family. Therefore, Omi died and took his real name again and became the Takatori controlling Kritiker (and became the new Persia while at it).

And of course, the end of Gluhen is not exactly as it seems... you have to remember that there's a new manga (Japanese only) with 2 of the Weiss characters, and they are still working as assassins, but in England now... and they are NOT Omi or Yohji ^_~
Old 2004-01-22, 23:31   Link #7
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooHyuk2Be
Weiss Kreuz - 1998 with 25 eps released
Weiss Kreuz Gluhen - 2002 with 13 eps released
Weiss Kreuz OVA - 2000 with 4 OVA eps

So...yah...a little confusing. If it was 1998, I should be able to find the DVDs on em..

Actually...

Gluhen was in late fall of 2002 (and might have ended early in 2003, not sure).

The TV series is available on DVD (under the stupid name of "Knight Hunters") while both the OVA and the newest series (Gluhen) are unlicensed and therefore you can check around for the fansubs.

Also... the OVA is only TWO episodes... AnimeNfo has been totally wrong all along with that 4 episodes OVA that keep confusing people... it's two. I know, I have them like my WK group of friends and that's it... 2, not 4 ^_~
Old 2004-01-24, 13:50   Link #8
na_no_da

i thought takatori mamoru was omi's real name =/ >_>; ah well... my mistake then ^^;
Old 2004-01-24, 14:25   Link #9
mirichan

Mamoru IS Omi's real name... But Omi as we knew him before does not exist anymore, that's what I meant... so saying Omi is the new Persia is wrong.

Takatori Mamoru "killed" Omi (we saw him for the last time at the end of Gluhen when he joined the others ONE LAST TIME for their attack) and it's Mamoru who took over the position that used to be his father's, aka Persia.
Old 2004-04-18, 03:10   Link #10
WooHyuk2Be

Weiss Kreuz OVA 3-4?

I cant find any news on them but from what I see, they are supposed to exist. But I cant find ANY news on them from Japan or anything. The first 2 OVA's were released in 2000, and supposedly the next 2 were also. I am not "demanding" anything. I'd just like to know if anyone has any knowledge on this? Did they just skip the 3-4 OVA's and go right into Gluhen? Cause that would suck...I wanna see Weiss kick some Schwartz butt Lemme know if anyone has any news! Thanks

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-18 at 14:41. Reason: Moved into General Anime forum since the query concerns the non-existent eps
Old 2004-04-18, 07:22   Link #11
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooHyuk2Be
I cant find any news on them but from what I see, they are supposed to exist. But I cant find ANY news on them from Japan or anything. The first 2 OVA's were released in 2000, and supposedly the next 2 were also. I am not "demanding" anything. I'd just like to know if anyone has any knowledge on this? Did they just skip the 3-4 OVA's and go right into Gluhen? Cause that would suck...I wanna see Weiss kick some Schwartz butt Lemme know if anyone has any news! Thanks
THEY DON'T EXIST.

AnimeNfo was saying 4 OVAs but it's wrong.

Weiss is: The TV series.... TWO OVAs... GLUHEN...

And a manga and several CD-Dramas & a new ongoing manga (Side B).

But that whole OVA being 4 parts is wrong.

And no... we never saw Schwarz (except the few seconds at the end) of OVA2.
Closed Thread