AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-07, 02:08   Link #601
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
That bespectacled guy has really a talent to unwillingly drive the only cute girls of the show into despair
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 02:32   Link #602
Elestia

Ouch! Being itoko-zoned was definitely a hilarious twist. Poor girl. Epic showdown at the end was epic. It's really surprising how much different Habara was back then and now. Although, Karasawa seems to be traumatized even to this day.
Old 2012-03-07, 03:06   Link #603

Lol. This anime is the most hilarious of the season.
The blonde guy with tan skinn cracked me up in episode 9 lol.
555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 03:09   Link #604
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow, they're really burning material at an alarming rate.
Considering that a lot of good comedy shows don't get a chance for a second or further series, I am fine with that.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 03:32   Link #605
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
it's the ongoing sense of "should I do a Kyon now or is there some unspoken rule of trolling him more?" that makes the comedy tension so great in that skit. If you want a better imagery it could've just him doing the faceplant to the ground while saying "FUUUUUU". This skit relies on the familiarity of the type of humour that Kyon does best, the type of sudden outburst over stupid acts. It works wonderfully as it put a twist to what you were anticipating. It's like the next level really.
I loved it. But the guy I quoted it found it lacking. And the fact that the punchline appeared weak (to the guy I quoted) is because it was intentionally there to give an abrupt, plain end to lead into more trolling of Mitsuo, which isn't exactly a magical punchline either. That it was humorous is something I agree with but that it relied on over the top reaction to stupidity and a character getting bullied by the author etc. are details that the poster who didn't like the skit didn't know of or realize. To tell him there was something magical in the skit would be a lie. The plainness and the stupidity is what makes it funny. Not everybody has to find it funny but I was trying to tell the same thing you wrote in reply to my post to that poster.
Old 2012-03-07, 09:17   Link #606
runner

Something still bugging me.

In the showdown with archdemon Habara, Yanagin said she had a reason to fight then it flashed the picture of a boy that injured in his head which I assume he is Karasawa.

But in one of the earlier episodes, when the girls threaten Karasawa to remove his cap, it looks like Yanagin didn't know about his scar at all.
runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 09:32   Link #607
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post
But in one of the earlier episodes, when the girls threaten Karasawa to remove his cap, it looks like Yanagin didn't know about his scar at all.
They didn't threaten Karasawa to remove his cap, he did it to shut them up.

And it wasn't that Yanagin didn't know about his scar, she was reminded of it and the worse crap that Karasawa had already gone through.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 09:49   Link #608
CWW
Lurker

The glasses skit was the funniest one because of how absurd it was. Just goes to show how different humour can make different people laugh.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 09:52   Link #609
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
The glasses skit was the funniest one because of how absurd it was. Just goes to show how different things can make different people laugh.
Throughout the entire skit I was going through the same thought process as Mitsuo

"This is a trick? They can't be that stupid right? This must be a prank of some sort..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 10:03   Link #610
CWW
Lurker

The "Don't laugh!" punchline when he pointed out the importance of the timing of a punchline was gold and the straw that broke the camel's Mitsuo's back.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 11:51   Link #611
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
And it wasn't that Yanagin didn't know about his scar, she was reminded of it and the worse crap that Karasawa had already gone through.
What perplexes me though is in that episode (episode 4), why was Yanagin as uncomfortable with Karasawa's scar as Habara was, when she was fighting FOR him in the first place?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 12:22   Link #612
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Were they parodying something with those zubabababan and borororon on the sponsor part, or those were just random shout?
I believe they were parodying Mizuki Ichiro (anime song singer). He often shouts out random words like that (especially burororo~n) when he's performing live.
Old 2012-03-07, 13:17   Link #613
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I kind of wonder what happened to Habara in middle school to turn her into a moeblob
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:18   Link #614
SamCurt

Quote:
Throughout the entire skit I was going through the same thought process as Mitsuo

"This is a trick? They can't be that stupid right? This must be a prank of some sort..."
It took me a whole day to get the point--not that they are doing fruitless things, but they don't know they're doing fruitless things. Mitsuo was again trolled because he thought of a logical explanation of the previous.

The story of Archdemon reminded me of one thing: back in Episode 6, Takahiro mentioned that even now high school boys are afraid of Habara. Does that imply Habara only bullied boys at that time?

Also:
Spoiler for What anime has cut from the manga:

I have noticed many here complained the humor has gone down in the last two episodes. On the other hand, I also noticed the word on Chinese-language forums--the general consensus was Ep 9 was literally ROFL. Does that imply Asians have that different sense of humor than Americans in general? (As one of the more Westernized Hong Konger, by opinion is at the middle point of the two--not that it matters; I take this show for characterization and less on humour)
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:37   Link #615
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What perplexes me though is in that episode (episode 4), why was Yanagin as uncomfortable with Karasawa's scar as Habara was, when she was fighting FOR him in the first place?
I think that was cause she was making fun and insulting just before he revealed the scar. Even if she knew about it or even foguht for him, she was insulting just before hand, you'd feel uncomfortable regardless.

However I thought that Habara changed after the incident with Karasawa but it was actually the big fight after that(?)

I have to say the Highschool boys and panties was my favorite skit just cause it's got Ringo-chan in it.
Love her for being herself, her wanting to one up the boys but failing to do so.
But also have to feel sorry and pity for her for being dumb and tricked like so but that itself is also very amusing at the same time.
She's such a sweetheart.

And Hidenori, can you call it lucky or unlucky?
To put the brakes on such a cute girl like that, thats gotta burn
BTW is there a name for the cousin girl?
Old 2012-03-07, 13:48   Link #616
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I found myself consistently laughing through the last couple of episodes. In fact, each episode always have two or three skits laughing out loud. It might be because I expected not something as fubar as Excel but something that can be cruel, embarassing or painful as something that have happened to me or one of my friends. Like the bee.

Also, I appreciate the show for deconstructing a much abused trope that really needed to be deconstructed. Yes, it plays it straight in other skits, but the whole Karasawa x Habara take is much needed to show that this shit HAVE consequences
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:54   Link #617
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
BTW is there a name for the cousin girl?
Her name is Emi, which should be pretty clear...
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:34   Link #618
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
Her name is Emi, which should be pretty clear...
Oh yea your right totally missed that part lol.
Old 2012-03-07, 17:38   Link #619
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I think this show is sort of like Monty Python. A bunch of the sketches do die or are just awkward, but they're still needed to create the world this series takes place in, and when the comedy hits, it hits hard.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 20:10   Link #620
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
However I thought that Habara changed after the incident with Karasawa but it was actually the big fight after that(?)
I thought so too, since that episode where they try to set up Habara, the guy mentions about the big fight THEN Toshiyuki's injury.

But apparently, this isn't the case. Now I dunno who I should ship Karasawa with, since Yanagin hit a spot in my heart when her reason to fight was for Karasawa. Kinda odd though she doesn't seem to be too interested with him... makes me sad panda.

That said, Habara is way more apologetic to Karasawa then every other boy. Perhaps its only after the fight that cleared her mind and allowed her to truly see that Karasawa will be LITERALLY forever scarred for life. I dunno, hopefully we get more explanation to the past.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire