AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-02, 01:22   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If its too early to be telling the story, then when is appropriate? This is the perfect time to finally air out the dirty laundry. The epic fight where everyone and their grandma is involved. And these kinda fights will always tell the participants stories.

I don't get how Yoruichi's position was a secret... I mean Soi Fong took her position, and Soi Fongs position wasn't a secret... I guess it was hard to put two and two together?
Old 2008-04-02, 04:01   Link #42
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

I think the male voice was just a mistake of the anime-crew. They probably didn't know, that Yoruichi was supposed to be a woman, at the time they casted the voice actors for the show, and just had to went by her male-like word choice.

I was under the impression that they chose a male VA to make it a bigger shock (and joke) when she turns into her human form
Old 2008-04-02, 04:35   Link #43
Wych

I am still wondering about a long, long time ago in the Manga. It appeared the Executus (sp?) appeared and challenged her to a fight, I don't recall her being shown killing them off or has she done it "behind the scenes" to show how strong she really is?
Old 2008-04-02, 08:23   Link #44
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
about yourichi not carrying a sword i could simply because since she has to travel in her cat form, she cannot carry one. remember that when she transformed back to a human she did not even clothes on, so of course she wouldn't have a sword. i can see her having to use a sword similar to soi fong's one day against a much stronger opponent(halibel?)

It would be a could plot twist to find out that SS is actually the evil one, or there is corruption within... that is why so many captains quit??

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2008-04-02, 08:42   Link #45
unameit

Seems like Bleach becomes interesting again after a HUGE dissappointment from hueco mundo arc like the fight with pavilion? espada, rukia vs aaronieo, zaraki vs noi and syazel fight..
Especially rukia and zaraki fight, (Have to comment on these 2), where aaoronio's release didn't make a difference and he LET rukia stabbed him in the face, AND then zaraki, 2-handed sword makes the difference as if it likes jupiter and pluto.. haiz..boo.booo..boo..

Finally, the background story is worth reading, It's so much interesting than hueco mundo arc.. yipee.. keep them coming...
Old 2008-04-02, 09:19   Link #46
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Kenpachi's reversal was, in retrospect, fitting for a personality like his. Kendo pose is definitely more convincing than giving him bankai and it shows that he's been "toying" with Spoony all the while.

But, yeah, the other fights have been a little bland, although Rukia's fight was still above ok for me.

Yourichi's confirmation as a taicho shouldn't make anyone go "WTF?". I would want to see little Soi Fon again, although going by how she didn't understand why Yourichi left, we won't see her.

Urahara hasn't shown his bankai, and I believe that Yourichi has one. However, I also believe that given her reliance on hand-to-hand, her blade may have said, "Screw you, girl."
Old 2008-04-02, 09:42   Link #47
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Kenpachi's reversal was, in retrospect, fitting for a personality like his. Kendo pose is definitely more convincing than giving him bankai and it shows that he's been "toying" with Spoony all the while.

But, yeah, the other fights have been a little bland, although Rukia's fight was still above ok for me.
Come to think of it, Zaraki and Byakuya could beat their opponent in just seconds... But what I don't like is, zaraki 2-handed sword makes him likes mile away from ichigo and other taichos.., too big hype about it imo..

9th espada, well the one who got 'main-character material' beaten in that manner... Shame on him.. The one who could be the best in bleah universe died in that way, I just can't believe it..

Well, a bit off topic, lets get back to the topic, do you people think shinji is better than aizen now or even was he better than aizen that time when he's still his taicho? I always think urahara and yama-ji could fight on par witjh aizen but now after the newest chapter, the name shinji comes into the picture..
Old 2008-04-02, 11:54   Link #48
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

9th Espada died because the story needed him to for Rukia to survive, it is sad but true. He became overconfidents purely because he had the upperhand, typical badguy downfall.

Zaraki's fight on the other hand it to show us that the Captain's aren't weaklings when compared to the top Espada, especially the stronger ones.

Considering what it took to draw with Kenpachi the first time (100% Ichigo + Hollow assist), it doesn't suprise me at all that he can beat the 5th Espada when he takes his fights seriously, he did almost die in that fight. Don't forget that Kenapachi could fight two Captains with his eyepatch on, and win.

Byakuya vs 7th Espada was just a plain mismatch, the 7th Espada's abilities were useless against Byakuya's own, the same could be said for Mayuri vs the 8th Espada.
Old 2008-04-02, 12:49   Link #49
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
about yourichi not carrying a sword i could simply because since she has to travel in her cat form, she cannot carry one. remember that when she transformed back to a human she did not even clothes on, so of course she wouldn't have a sword.
That's true, though she did manage to somehow have clothes handy to put on and also the flying device Ichigo used, but she probably just knew where those items could be obtained in SS.

If Yourichi figured that she was just going to be a guide in SS and wouldn't actually have to fight, it would make some sense that she'd leave her zanpakuto behind so she could travel in feline form. But in a situation where she knew was fighting against powerful opponents, I'd think she'd at least carry her zanpakutou even if she still preferred hand-to-hand. That's why the fact that she didn't bring her zanpakuto to face Ulq and Yami makes me wonder a bit about if she still has one or not.

Maybe it could be that her zanpakuto was destroyed in a battle somehow. I know zanpakutou can reform if their broken, but what happens if they're completely destroyed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post

Finally, the background story is worth reading, It's so much interesting than hueco mundo arc.. yipee.. keep them coming...
I have some mixed feelings about it. I'm definitely glad to see more of the SS captains. The real "meat" of the story comes from the taicho though they aren't the main characters. But I was kind of looking forward to finding out the past through bits and pieces at a time weaved in with the current story. Now it looks like Kubo is just going to lay everything out on the table at once.
I'm sure it's gonna be good, but when we eventually get back to the current story, it will seem less interesting without those questions waiting to be revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit
do you people think shinji is better than aizen now or even was he better than aizen that time when he's still his taicho? I always think urahara and yama-ji could fight on par witjh aizen but now after the newest chapter, the name shinji comes into the picture.
I definitely don't think Shinji is stronger than Aizen now, even as a Vizard. Since Aizen is his ex-subordinate, they are probably destined to fight and I can't see any outcome to that but Shinji getting defeated but he likely has the best chances out of any other character in Bleach right now (except maybe Isshin if he really is the Royal Guard captain). I think Urahara is no match for Aizen, but Yamamoto seems like he should still be able give Aizen a decent fight.

Old 2008-04-02, 13:05   Link #50
Zek
Eyebrows...

That's a good point about the catform, she didn't bring any material possessions to Soul Society so that could explain why she only fought bare-handed. She probably just had clothes stashed away in her hideout for 100 years :P Still, I wonder if it's really impossible for a shinigami to recreate their sword just because they left the hilt behind.

There's no question at all that she has bankai though, barring a huge gaping plothole. Yoruichi herself said that the only captain in Soul Society's history to not have bankai was Zaraki.
Old 2008-04-02, 13:26   Link #51
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaata View Post
As for Isshin, I'm really not sure about him. I do believe he was probably a Shiba, but I don't think he was Kaien's father (and I definately don't buy into the whole Ichigo=Kaien reincarnation theory) but he had to be at least of captain level, but he also only lost his powers 20 years before the current timeline, not the 100 years before which was the time of exile. I'm just waiting to see where it goes.
i always hoped that isshin is a shiba. the idea of him as kaien/ganjous dad would make him a bad father, because he left them behind. but how do you know that he lost his powers 80 yrs later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaata View Post
Well, the only person of Captain Level that has been to Ichigo's home is Hitsu, and he obviously is rather young to know all the former captains. With Shinji not knowing Isshin though, I think it more likely that he was a part of the Royal guard, or a replacement of one of the Vizard after their exile that he hadn't had any dealings with, which seams slightly less likely. I am fully confident that Ichigo's mother wasn't a shinigami though. Had she been, Grand Fisher would have known.
he did! didnt he? ichigo is of pure (shinigami) blood. the problem is how could grandfisher beat her? was she tricked or just weak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
it feels like bleach is streching a bit. now with the flashbacks it feels like that kubo is giving the story away too early.

the whole point of not knowing about the past was that it made things so much more tense and intresting. now that he is going to reveal probly how the vizard came to be as well as who left SS and for what reason, this is all going to come together as the fight in ichigo's town starts i think we will see how that fight will turn out by these flashbacks.

who is who's side and who will help who?
at this point of the story, he has to reveal some infos from the past. besides, the vaizards werent there from the start of bleach. they entered the picture after ss arc. take naruto for example: kishi left so many things secret till he missed the timing. we need some background infos, if the vaizards are going to fight!

Quote:
Especially rukia and zaraki fight, (Have to comment on these 2), where aaoronio's release didn't make a difference and he LET rukia stabbed him in the face, AND then zaraki, 2-handed sword makes the difference as if it likes jupiter and pluto.. haiz..boo.booo..boo..
kenpachi is a freak. handicaps himself all the time... hes always goofing around in his fights. thats what you get if he gets serious!! dont fuck with 11th squad
Old 2008-04-02, 14:32   Link #52
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
BTW, I think it's interessting, that after her revelation, Yoruichi stayed as a woman and didn't change into her cat form anymore.
Yes, very interesting indeed. Maybe she's saving it to change, then revert back to human form and cause massive nosebleeds around HM . Though it might be a double-edged sword and wipe out Shinsui and co.

Quote:
Just because this applies to the current Captains, it doesn't necessarily have to apply to the old ones as well.
IIRC in the Soi Fon/Yoruichi Flashback, Soi Fon said, that Yoruichi's family held this position for generations (but maybe I'm wrong), so in this case she maybe got this position out of tradition and not because of skills.
You don't know for sure if she meant the current captains or all the captains in history. I will back you up, though, on her getting the position out of tradition.
I wonder if anyone in the Shihouin clan is stonger than Yoruichi? I think there has to be someone.

And is it me, or are the people who thought Yoruichi was of at least comparable strength to Urahara rapidly disappearing?
Old 2008-04-02, 14:44   Link #53
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yoruichi transforming back and forth to a cat could be why she never carries it around It would kinda be inconvenient.
Old 2008-04-02, 14:54   Link #54
StoneBleach
Soulmate

Yoruichi came from a noble family. It means that she is a pure blood. If she is a pure blood her family should be noble 100 years ago. Donīt forget that Yoruichi knew Urahara when she was young. When Urahara was expelt from SS Yoruichi came with him. maybe she is not allowed to use her zampakutou or she donīt have one. We donīt know what is passing in Tite's head.
http://www.bleachproject.com/imagens.../yoruichi3.jpg
Old 2008-04-02, 15:32   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
Seems like Bleach becomes interesting again after a HUGE dissappointment from hueco mundo arc like the fight with pavilion? espada, rukia vs aaronieo, zaraki vs noi and syazel fight..

Got agree with those sentiments...

Pavillion fights; were probably the better part of the arc... we KNEW they were just filler fights and we not meant to be epic and they ended relatively quickly as they should have... Granted, i would have prefered the thunder witch chick to have survived instead of the guy with the afro...

Chad vs Noi; ok, so their wasn't really a fight, but i thought i mentioned it to make the point that it just proves that Chad STILL worthless

Renji + Ishida vs Syzeal; too god damn long (seriously, let the anime team worry about needless stretching), and far too many hax powers... also, helped make Ishida and Renji LOOK worthless (i say "look" since they had a handicap)... not to mention those two hollows who looked like they were gonna get a serious badass moment got hax'd

Rukia vs aaronieo; started out great... lots of character building for Rukia and mind playing... but then it ended horribly... first off, aaronieo had the powers of THOUSANDS of hollows and we did not see a single one; that's like epic level potential lost... and then he died simply because he was too careless... (aside; i think it would have been pretty damn interesting if part of Kaien was still alive inside of Aaronieo... combine that with an endless list of hollow powers and you got "reoccurring villian" material for Rukia)

Ichigo vs Ulq round 1; ok Ulq is badass, is only #4 and the ass kicking he delivered was quick, so pretty good

Ichigo vs Grim; ok, that was pretty good...

Nel vs Noi; ok, Nel is actually hot and pretty badass... but the fight was pretty damn pointless as it's only real effect was to delay noi for like 5 minutes till Kenpachi could show up... i think i would have preferred Nel vs noi till the end instead of Kenpachi getting involved the way he did... Nel killing Noi probably would have had more impact to it too...

Mayuri vs Syzeal; more dragging on the fight, but how the fight ended was pretty twisted...

Byakuya vs 7th; first off, fastest espada has a release with no legs and some seriously hax'd powers... second off, the entire fight was nothing more than a massive clash of who had the bigger ego... so incredibly irritating...

Unohana vs Exequias; the problem, there was NO Unohana vs Exequias

Kenpachi vs Noi; this fight just screamed inconsistent power levels, i still find it to be loaded with bullshit... would have been so much better if Kenpchi never took off his eyepatch in his fight with ichigo and used THAT as his reason for being strong enough to beat Noi... seriously, using two hands? *groan*

Personal gripe; no Yachiru fight... how long i have wanted to see the tiny pink haired girl rip limb from limb something significantly larger and more imposing than herself... and still nothing... Who doesn't love watch cute innocent looking things beat the ever loving crap out of something large, scary and powerful?

And the most recent chapters... Captians VS Aizen and the Espadas... a battle of truly epic proportions... however, like some said in a previous thread, it sounds too good to be true and we will only a see a small fraction of that most epic battle... and instead we will mostly focus on Ichigo vs Ulq... which i find is nothing when compared to the epic battle... plus i still think the battle looks pretty pointless as i discussed in a previous thread... so overall, the most recent chapters gave me hope but with much foreboding of much of the same crap we've been seeing throughout this arc

And now we have this Gaiden miniarc... this is a breath of fresh air after an arc that has been filled with fail. The secrets that are being revealed are great and we are fidning so much about the past of the characters... We have already leanred who the vizards used to be and there is potential that we will learn how they came to be who they are now, what may have happened to Urahara and Yourichi, and possibly the early ambitions of Aizen... granted, the timing of this arc seems a bit awkward; seems like it would be more appropriate right after the vizards showed up or did something related to what's going on now

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-04-02 at 15:43.
Old 2008-04-02, 16:37   Link #56
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

As I said before, I don't get how people are saying Kenapchi's power level is inconsistent.

I admit, alot of the Hueco Mundo fights were pretty disappointing, but the Captain fights weren't among them, especially Kenpachi.

His growth was in a completely different direction then Ichigo's constant "resolve" or "more Insta-power ups" (Bankai, Mask)

His power level isn't inconsistent because he drew a fight with Ichigo (100% Shikai) + Hollow Ichigo while being held back by his own sword, and later proceeded to manhandle two Captains at the same time WITH his eye-patch on, one of those Captain's is also in a position equal too or above the Espada.

Power levels exist in Bleach, but they are far blurrier then most of us give them credit for, which is a good thing.

--------

As for the current Flash-back arc, I am glad we are finally fleshing out the Vaizards, finding out they were Captain/Vice-Captains in the past is certainly interesting. Seeing Short-haired Yourichi again is never a bad thing either
Old 2008-04-02, 17:05   Link #57
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
i totaly argee with you fenrir.
@slayerx:
i also thought the nel vs noi fight was kind of a waste of chapters, but not pointless in the end (for nel). we got to see nois past , charakter development etc. and i bet everyone thought she was going to beat him, and were surprised when kenpachi showed up. you have to admit that it was exciting when the captains came to the rescue.
Old 2008-04-02, 18:08   Link #58
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
9th Espada died because the story needed him to for Rukia to survive, it is sad but true. He became overconfidents purely because he had the upperhand, typical badguy downfall.
Needed Rukia to survive ? Hmm Espadawtf was solely created for Rukia to showcase character development .He was a filler character at best why ? most of time he was pretending to be Kaien .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Aaronieo... combine that with an endless list of hollow powers and you got "reoccurring villian" material for Rukia)
Arro was solely created for Rukia you could try convincing me a guy with Kaien's face was crreated for some other reason . When Rukia discovered he was not Kaien his purpose for exsistence was instatly zero . After that it wasnt a matter of how he died but when he died .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-04-02 at 18:26.
Old 2008-04-02, 18:15   Link #59
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I got a question.. where the hell is Yammi? (#10)
Old 2008-04-02, 18:30   Link #60
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yammi is following Aizen's instructions. http://i27.tinypic.com/2s85m3b.jpg

Better Answer : Kubo convienetly forgot about

MY Prediction : he will be used against Uno or Chad