AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 3 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 41.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 8.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-24, 06:24   Link #21
DracoS

Really glad to see this sequal has the same quality as the orginal so far. The new girl fits is nicely too.
Old 2018-04-24, 12:41   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Something I don't get:

Is Ruuka currently male or female?
I mean this is a timeline where he didn't undo all his changes to get back to start, so Ruuka should actually be female and Ferris maid cafe not exist.

Might be that my chronology is a tadf wrong here - its been twelve years. (Just like with Duke Nukem Forever )

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-04-24, 12:51   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ruka was originally male. He was only female in a small part of the alpha worldline and Okabe had to undo all the changes caused by the dmails.
It is because of Ruka's dmail that his mother changed her diet during her pregnancy, leading to the gender change. Meanwhile, it was because of Faris' dmail that her dad was alive, hence she couldn't create the May Queen maid cafe leading to the moe culture in akiba.
So female Ruka and "no moe" akihabara are just some divergence consequences of dmail and were not supposed to happen. They are not present in the beta worldline at all.

And no, Steins gate was first released as a VN on 2009 and its anime adaptation was broadcasted on 2011, so it hardly has been 12 years. You are definitely confusing with FMP.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-04-24 at 13:12.
Old 2018-04-24, 18:40   Link #24
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ruka was originally male. He was only female in a small part of the alpha worldline and Okabe had to undo all the changes caused by the dmails.
It is because of Ruka's dmail that his mother changed her diet during her pregnancy, leading to the gender change. Meanwhile, it was because of Faris' dmail that her dad was alive, hence she couldn't create the May Queen maid cafe leading to the moe culture in akiba.
So female Ruka and "no moe" akihabara are just some divergence consequences of dmail and were not supposed to happen. They are not present in the beta worldline at all.

And no, Steins gate was first released as a VN on 2009 and its anime adaptation was broadcasted on 2011, so it hardly has been 12 years. You are definitely confusing with FMP.
7 years is a lot too to be fair.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-24, 23:53   Link #25
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Something I don't get:

Is Ruuka currently male or female?
I mean this is a timeline where he didn't undo all his changes to get back to start, so Ruuka should actually be female and Ferris maid cafe not exist.
Uhm no, this timeline only diverges at episode 23 of the original series. So all the changes caused by the D-mails such as Rukako being female and Akiba being a electronics district only have already been undone.
Old 2018-04-26, 04:02   Link #26
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well to be fair, most of the original Steins;Gate actually didn't happen on the current worldline. Since Steins;Gate is mostly the alpha world line, and this is the beta.

That said, the changes AC-Phoenix is talking about that were undone also were on the alpha worldline. So akihabara is all anime-ified, and Luka is still a boy, on the beta worldline.
Old 2018-04-26, 10:57   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
7 years is a lot too to be fair.
Indeed. That's why I thought it was a must to rewatch the previous series before this one started airing. And sure enough, I had forgotten a lot of details.