AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 52 Rating
Perfect 10 43 66.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 00:50   Link #21
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Another very impressive episode.

I wasn't a fan of the OP music in the middle of the episode, but I really enjoyed the rest of the music that was played, especially that one piece that I don't think we've heared since episode 1 IIRC?

Alphonse definitely stole the show, along with the Armstrong siblings.

Next week is one of the most anticipated episodes for most of us manga readers. I hope Bones doesn't disappoint! Though I am a little disappointed already cause, like Endless Twilight mentioned before, I also noticed that they used the same animation from the Envy/Marcoh fight. WTF?

Last edited by K_Babyy; 2010-04-12 at 01:42.
Old 2010-04-12, 00:59   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Great episode, some major league animation ups, but still a couple of minor problems. Foremost was the horrible usage of the OP as an insert song. Any of the previous OPs would have been better than this one, and several of the EDs. It's just too mellow. wonder if they had to use it as an insert due to contractual reasons...

Also have an issue with Lion King's reentry to the story. They can show Kimblee with his throat in LK's jaws and blood spewing out, they can show him lying on the ground, gurgling blood and choking his last bits of life away as Pride mocks him (10/10 on the gruesome audio on that part, BTW), but instead of actually showing Heinkel as he is biting him, they show what amounts to a "bloody" red screen flash? You can't tell me that's a violence-avoidance thing after the aforementioned gory scenes following it... They could have at least had a shot of Heinkel looming over him/charging up on him, jaws wide, as he goes in for the kill... I can guarantee you if they'd had a shot of Kimblee mid-turn, with Heinkel coming up from behind (per the camera angle), teeth just showing on either side of Kimblee's throat as he's about to clamp down, that would be my avatar right now, spoiler or not. Seriously missed opportunity.

As for "small fry" Heinkel taking out Kimblee, I've got no problem with that. One of the things about war is anybody can kill anybody. You can take out 47 hardened enemy elites with a spork, but if that one fresh-outta-boot-camp buck private gets a lucky shot, you're toast. And I think Heinkel proved last week that as "minor" as he may be, he's more than worthy enough to take advantage of a perfectly-planned 3-on-2 when the enemy is expecting 1-on-2...

Also, looks like we can look forward to a new version of Lapis Philosophorum (violin/piano only?) on the next OST (played during Al and Kimblee's conversation).

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-04-12 at 01:13.
Old 2010-04-12, 01:34   Link #23
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Fricken. Awesome. This was one of the best episode of the series, with the best action I've seen yet. From the start Alphonse vs Pride and Kimblee was breathtaking, and the other ones were done very well as well. I would have never imagined Sloth to be the fastest of the homunculus...
And as many already pointed out, music fail. The insert felt out of place.

Next episode seems very good as well. Can't wait
Old 2010-04-12, 03:13   Link #24
klare

what more can i add? the fights animation is top quality, especially the Alphonse vs bad guys one, a totally different feel from seeing that fight in the manga

Bones, pls dont let us down
Old 2010-04-12, 03:41   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Suh a pittythat Kimbley had diead though...
Well if you listened to Pride's talk, he isn't really dead. He'll live inside Pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Wow music fail.
How so? Care to explain what you didn't like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Also, looks like we can look forward to a new version of Lapis Philosophorum (violin/piano only?) on the next OST (played during Al and Kimblee's conversation).
Yeah it was a violin version.
Old 2010-04-12, 05:21   Link #26
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah it was a violin version.
Primarily, but it's not quite a solo. There's a solid (if subtle) piano backing to it.
Old 2010-04-12, 05:58   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Primarily, but it's not quite a solo. There's a solid (if subtle) piano backing to it.
Yes i know that, though i'm saying violin version because it was the main instrument for the piece, and it'll probably be named that for the third soundtrack.
Old 2010-04-12, 07:17   Link #28
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's actually called "Sorrowful Stone" and is credited in the end credits of the episode. The violin performance is by Emiri Miyamoto.
Old 2010-04-12, 07:42   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's actually called "Sorrowful Stone" and is credited in the end credits of the episode. The violin performance is by Emiri Miyamoto.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up for us.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:29   Link #30
kitten320

Quote:
Well if you listened to Pride's talk, he isn't really dead. He'll live inside Pride.
That's slightly different
Old 2010-04-12, 08:44   Link #31
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Argh. I must have watched the opening 90 seconds about 20 times now. It's... so... good. I honestly think this is the best piece of continuous action BONES (or anyone for that matter, but hey BONES is the best action animation studio so...) has done since Xam'd ep2 and Soul Eater ep1.

The episode itself might not compare with Xam'd ep2 and ep25, but the opening sequence certainly does. Still waiting for BONES to produce an entire episode which tops Eureka Seven ep26 though... I might be waiting for a long, long time.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:50   Link #32
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

LOL... Yoki took down the stronges homonculus ^^
Old 2010-04-12, 09:10   Link #33
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
1. What in the Hell is that all about!? Pride has just killed Kimblee then! Now I'm started to hate Pride now. Why!? He's just don't gave a damn about everything that he had just like kimblee's!! I mean did you guys saw that he did to Gluttony in the last episode 49!? God that twisted bastard Pride!!

Will we ever see Pride again to have revenge & settle the score once and for all?!

2. Will they gonna shoot Olivia rather than those monsters?!
Old 2010-04-12, 09:41   Link #34
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I think we've had plenty of evidence that those soldiers are piece of chickens, and we can be sure that they wont shoot Olivia. If they were going to, they would've done it 'on sight,' and beside, their lives are worth too much for them to die here (even though not much to us lol)
Old 2010-04-12, 10:39   Link #35
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Though I am a little disappointed already cause, like Endless Twilight mentioned before, I also noticed that they used the same animation from the Envy/Marcoh fight. WTF?
If it means they're spending their Yens on the scenes coming up instead, I don't mind. My worst fear is that they run out of cash, since the episodes starting now just top each other in epicness and need appropriate animation.

This episodes was over way to quickly! I was glued to the screen. Yoki's entrance was awesome. Funny enough, I read the manga and should have known what was coming, but I actually reacted the same as when I first saw it: "Oh, right Yoki's still alive! Totally forgot!" Really funny how he claims some spotlight for himself XD

I didn't like the music insert, felt too forced. But that's the only thing I can complain about. This was easily a 10/10.

God, I'm SO excited for the next episodes. The preview didn't make it better.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:26   Link #36
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
But I couldn't help but notice and shake my head at Envy's transformation in it, which was clearly reused animation from his fight with Marcoh in episode 43. Getting lazy there, Bones?
Saving costs has nothing to do with laziness.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:43   Link #37
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Saving costs has nothing to do with laziness.
I didn't even notice they re-used it. That episode was so long ago, it's not in my recent memory. And it's not like the same ship blowing up several dozen times in Gundam SEED or a transformation sequence from, say Sailor Moon or Thundercats. So in short, it's acceptable.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:58   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Still waiting for BONES to produce an entire episode which tops Eureka Seven ep26 though... I might be waiting for a long, long time.
Yeah it's quite the shame. Also pretty frustrating when it can be done, though just won't.

Still i've been plenty satisfying with Brotherhood as of late, and there seems to be no signs of that ending anytime soon.

& yeah i've got nothing on them reusing one scene of full form Envy like the preview shows. I mean just look at the rest of the preview!
Old 2010-04-12, 14:47   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yeah it's quite the shame. Also pretty frustrating when it can be done, though just won't.
It might be for the best with Brotherhood. Making an episode like this right now will inevitably lower the quality of the next few episodes (we've seen the result in Eureka 7...), and it's clearly not a good time with so many great fights coming up. I'd be more than delighted if they can keep up the current animation quality until the end.

This episode was just fantastic, I was looking forward to Al's fight and it didn't disappoint one bit. The scenes of the Fullmuscle Alchemist were also great, I can't wait to see the rest of the fight, especially one scene in particular. The next episode is still the one I am looking forward to the most, as that was one of very best part of manga. I'm confident BONES will do it justice.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:48   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm...this episode was kinda...iunno, perfect :P
1. Al VS Pride/Kimbley, simply amaaazing! We got to see Al using swords, flash bangs, dad's skills, all in a matter of minutes :O
2. Alex standing up was a surprise, wasn't he the coward of the show?
3. Sloth swallows...giant stone spikes, that is.
4. Yoki to the rescuuue, I was half-expecting one of Mustang's men o_0
5. Mustang to the rescuuuue!!! Self-explanatory, really
Closed Thread