Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 09:18   Link #21
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Did you watch it for the first time only recently or why else do you resurrect this thread?
That aside , I rewatched it lately and must agree with your 'masterpiece' statement, this movie is perfect in it's scope. And it's now 13 years old and hasn't aged in the slightest, I surely would like to see it in a theatre one day.

signorRossi.
Im ashamed to say but it was the first time i saw it xD Im always reluctant to watch old animes because i prefer newer animation styles.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:49   Link #22
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 03:29.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 20:37   Link #23
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

British theatre company adapts Princess Mononoke for stage
Quote:
London (Feb 26, 2013): In July last year, anime fans were blindsided by the news of an extraordinarily ambitious stage production – a British adaptation of Hayao Miyazaki’s fantasy blockbuster, Princess Mononoke, created with the blessing of Studio Ghibli. How can giant wolves, cursed monster boars and a shapeshifting deer god be brought to the stage?

All will be revealed in April, when the play runs at London’s New Diorama Theatre for a week; it will run a further fortnight in June. Tickets sold out within hours of going on sale, but there may be more to come. The play’s creators ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to extend Princess Mononoke’s life. Their intention: to take the play to as many places and people as possible.

Whole Hog Theatre is a young company based in Leamington Spa, which is hellbent on staging the supposedly unstageable. So far we know the stage Princess Mononoke will feature human and puppet characters; that the London production will be intimate, with the audience almost touching the action; and it will be as faithful as possible to the film, while using very different techniques. There are some clues about how the film is being adapted in the Kickstarter campaign video below.

MANGA UK
A "making of" video is available with the article at the linked website.

As an alumnus of the University of Warwick (1996-2000) who has also stayed in Leamington Spa for a year, I'm gobsmacked to learn of the personal connections I have to this project. Would really love to watch the production. I'll have to see what arrangements can be made.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 20:49   Link #24
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Nice that people are adapting anime movies that has moral values...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:29   Link #25
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Well, I can't wait to see how this will look like on stage if we get bits of it (on promo) on the net someday.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, ghibli