AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-01, 15:41   Link #961
cleo

It certainly isn't a series where you can sit back and relax, although a lot of pieces have fallen into place. They lost me for a bit when we got those clips from other media, but like Von Himmel I thought they were flashbacks. I've read several times that the anime is going for a new route, and using parts of the other media looked like a goodbye to those routes. But yeah, I understand why people would call it cheap.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 16:14   Link #962
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But don't we know all along that Mary was already there anyway? It really wasn't any new revelation
No, remember in the MV, someone else is there instead of Mary.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 16:39   Link #963
ReverseReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
So Shintaro has reading steiner? i hope he does and somehow go back in time and save everyone. actually does that mean Ayano and Shintaro both died and only Shintaro came back? so Ayano have no power at all?
Maybe Shin does have the reading steiner, and despite what I said, the credibility of the Favoring Eyes is starting to look really iffy to me.
ReverseReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 17:48   Link #964
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
As an anime-only viewer, the assertions from MV watchers that I must be baffled are far more baffling to me than the anime itself. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Yeah, same here.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 20:43   Link #965
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This piano medley is amazing

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-06-01, 20:55   Link #966
Zangor17

im excited because we are on an anime original route for this story alot is the same but alot is different and with 4 episodes to wrap this up i expect to be surprised alot hopefully they are good surprises.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 07:43   Link #967
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
im excited because we are on an anime original route for this story alot is the same but alot is different and with 4 episodes to wrap this up i expect to be surprised alot hopefully they are good surprises.
I didn't see the other media, but it seems the title change from "Kagerou Days" to "Mekakucity Actors" was more than just the main author using the title he always wanted to use.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 10:43   Link #968
amatakamata
4koma and web manga fan

I don't know how to start the video from the middle, but the part from 1:30 is pretty funny .
Shintarou sucks as usual, but Konoha and Ene sounds really good.
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-06-03, 06:33   Link #969
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I have to agree, but it continues to demonstrate that under his playful exterior he's not a very nice person.

Honestly the whole last part of the episode, starting from that, was just really screwed up and disturbing. In a way, it kinda soured me on the show a bit. I've been enjoying the mystery of piecing together all of these parts, but it's seven episodes in now and the pacing, to me, has finally hit the point of being excruciatingly glacial.

There's no plot here, unless you've been spoiled already from other material like the songs.
Kano can be built up either as emotionally unstable and understandably unhinged from Ayano's death or he can be made worse by portraying him as being jealous, obsessive. Either way, he seems to know more than he lets on because he knows that Haruka died too, and that knowledge shouldn't have been his, even if it was practically spelled out for the viewers and not very difficult to get to for a smart kid. The way he just jumps right to it doesn't suggest much of a detective reasoning if you ask me. He is in with whatever is pulling the strings, or at least has access to more information than the rest of the group.

I actually think his reaction wasn't all that uncalled for. He overreacted, but it wasn't a complete meltdown. I also think the show actually picked up some pace from that scene o_0

I strongly disagree with the last sentence. I had no idea whatsoever about the other material and I see an intricate plot.

Quote:
I wouldn't say vague. I think the issue is that the anime isn't very friendly to people new to the franchise. While you can kinda get a sense of story, it's clear that you're missing a lot if you haven't seen the other stuff yet. It's easy enough to notice this because even people who have seen the videos, manga, etc., are scratching their heads on where this is going.
I was away for almost 2 years and I went into the show completely blind. I had the extremely understated advantage of having 8 episodes to consume in one go, but I feel like a lot of the complaints in this thread (I read it whole from the first episode onward after I caught up ...) stem from impatience and from a bigger reason I rant a little bit over below.

People really did a bad job of not talking about source material in this thread. Even in the last couple of pages, nearly every post is talking about some music video or some other and drawing comparisons. I don't give a damn, god damn it. All of this only makes an anime only viewer question what they saw far too much. I actually managed to get the gist of the story from the anime just fine. After reading through all the crap in this thread (and I also watched the MVs), I don't feel like the anime doesn't do a good enough job explaining itself. What I do feel, feel very strongly, is that the constant reference to this song or that song and references to the particulars of said songs is very exhausting. It is a huge detriment to the experience for an anime only viewer and I am very happy I didn't follow the thread along for this show. At this point the damage is perhaps too big, but please drop it. Go discuss the differences from other routes in the LN/Music thread. Just comment on the episode here.

All of that aside, I have rather enjoyed the show thus far and I am excited to see where this will lead. I do feel as though Hiyori and Hibiya have been rather inconsequential in the anime thus far and just randomly dedicating an episode to them then making not much more of it for the next 4 can understandably test an anime only viewer's patience.
Old 2014-06-03, 07:04   Link #970
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No, remember in the MV, someone else is there instead of Mary.
Ah? But wasn't Ms Acta est Fabula known to be her all along? How...would she do it if she were not present then...
Old 2014-06-03, 10:01   Link #971
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
He is in with whatever is pulling the strings, or at least has access to more information than the rest of the group.
The timespan of the story so far is only a day or two. It's clear that all the characters possess information the others don't, and it's not hard to put the pieces together when they compare notes. Given that he's fairly astute, it's not a stretch that he can figure out the obvious conclusion to Ene's story and use it against her.

Quote:
I actually think his reaction wasn't all that uncalled for. He overreacted, but it wasn't a complete meltdown. I also think the show actually picked up some pace from that scene o_0
It did pick up some pace, but he was an asshole. I get the whole cultural "don't disrespect the dead" thing, but then he turns around and does it to her. So much for turning the other cheek, eh? The point of the scene, in my opinion, was that his nice guy act is just that.

Quote:
I strongly disagree with the last sentence. I had no idea whatsoever about the other material and I see an intricate plot.
I don't. There's eight episodes so far. The only plot that has been established is that a girl died that was central to other characters and that they developed powers for reasons they don't know. There's a lot of filler and very little meat. Spending an entire episode dropping small details and hints with the last few minutes actually progressing the plot is frustrating, and the only decent part so far has been Ene's episode where she actually connects some major dots.

You might find this pacing interesting and building something intricate, but I don't. I "get it", in the meta sense, but the way the plot is unfolding frustrates me, personally.

But don't mistake that as "this show sucks and I'm dropping it". I do want to see where it's going, I just want fewer Shaft Head Tilts and more plot progression in each episode instead. It's the same frustrating feeling I had when watching later seasons of the Monogatari series. I just don't get any feeling that these smaller details matter, that they are building something important, even if they probably are.

It's a difficult feeling to express, honestly. Ene's story was perfectly paced and had a lot of meat to it. I want more of that.

Quote:
I was away for almost 2 years and I went into the show completely blind. I had the extremely understated advantage of having 8 episodes to consume in one go, but I feel like a lot of the complaints in this thread (I read it whole from the first episode onward after I caught up ...) stem from impatience and from a bigger reason I rant a little bit over below.

People really did a bad job of not talking about source material in this thread. Even in the last couple of pages, nearly every post is talking about some music video or some other and drawing comparisons. I don't give a damn, god damn it. All of this only makes an anime only viewer question what they saw far too much. I actually managed to get the gist of the story from the anime just fine. After reading through all the crap in this thread (and I also watched the MVs), I don't feel like the anime doesn't do a good enough job explaining itself. What I do feel, feel very strongly, is that the constant reference to this song or that song and references to the particulars of said songs is very exhausting. It is a huge detriment to the experience for an anime only viewer and I am very happy I didn't follow the thread along for this show. At this point the damage is perhaps too big, but please drop it. Go discuss the differences from other routes in the LN/Music thread. Just comment on the episode here.

All of that aside, I have rather enjoyed the show thus far and I am excited to see where this will lead. I do feel as though Hiyori and Hibiya have been rather inconsequential in the anime thus far and just randomly dedicating an episode to them then making not much more of it for the next 4 can understandably test an anime only viewer's patience.
The songs are important to the story, enough that they are featured in the anime itself. This is a multimedia project, which means the anime isn't an isolated story. Anime only viewers can enjoy it as a stand alone work but the story itself is part of a bigger whole. Sorry, but comparisons are allowed here. No one is blurting out spoilers (they can't, because the anime is following its own path, so they're speculating too) and no one is forcing you to click the videos, a number of which are in the anime anyway.

Also, I'm an anime only viewer myself. However I'm also aware of what people are talking about here and on other sites. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but there are definitely people who aren't following all of the projects that are confused about at least some of what the anime is doing. If you're someone that is watching only the anime and aren't confused or not trying to see the bigger project picture (or just don't care), great, but not everyone is like that.

Opinions. Everyone has them.
Old 2014-06-03, 14:10   Link #972
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Ah? But wasn't Ms Acta est Fabula known to be her all along? How...would she do it if she were not present then...
Cosmic, you should really watch the MV again. There are a couple of critical differences there.

Spoiler for MV:

Last edited by shmaster; 2014-06-03 at 14:21.
Old 2014-06-03, 15:11   Link #973
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
The timespan of the story so far is only a day or two. It's clear that all the characters possess information the others don't, and it's not hard to put the pieces together when they compare notes. Given that he's fairly astute, it's not a stretch that he can figure out the obvious conclusion to Ene's story and use it against her.
Yes, everyone has information that others don't have. But Kano appears to know at least something about what actually is happening behind the scenes while everybody else only knows what happened to them. That is what I meant. It is not a stretch to think he could pick up on it, but the way he presented it suggests prior knowledge imo.

Quote:
It did pick up some pace, but he was an asshole. I get the whole cultural "don't disrespect the dead" thing, but then he turns around and does it to her. So much for turning the other cheek, eh? The point of the scene, in my opinion, was that his nice guy act is just that.
Yes, he was an asshole there. But the scene can also be there to establish his emotional instability and heavy emotional reliance on Ayano. People can be asshole over certain topics and still be nice when it comes to their core essence.

Quote:
I don't. There's eight episodes so far. The only plot that has been established is that a girl died that was central to other characters and that they developed powers for reasons they don't know. There's a lot of filler and very little meat. Spending an entire episode dropping small details and hints with the last few minutes actually progressing the plot is frustrating, and the only decent part so far has been Ene's episode where she actually connects some major dots.

You might find this pacing interesting and building something intricate, but I don't. I "get it", in the meta sense, but the way the plot is unfolding frustrates me, personally.

But don't mistake that as "this show sucks and I'm dropping it". I do want to see where it's going, I just want fewer Shaft Head Tilts and more plot progression in each episode instead. It's the same frustrating feeling I had when watching later seasons of the Monogatari series. I just don't get any feeling that these smaller details matter, that they are building something important, even if they probably are.

It's a difficult feeling to express, honestly. Ene's story was perfectly paced and had a lot of meat to it. I want more of that.
Fair enough. It is how you feel, and I have no say there. I was merely claiming that I don't feel that way. In all honesty, I can see why you would feel that way, especially if you didn't watch all 8 episodes so far in one go like I did.

Quote:
The songs are important to the story, enough that they are featured in the anime itself. This is a multimedia project, which means the anime isn't an isolated story. Anime only viewers can enjoy it as a stand alone work but the story itself is part of a bigger whole. Sorry, but comparisons are allowed here. No one is blurting out spoilers (they can't, because the anime is following its own path, so they're speculating too) and no one is forcing you to click the videos, a number of which are in the anime anyway.

Also, I'm an anime only viewer myself. However I'm also aware of what people are talking about here and on other sites. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but there are definitely people who aren't following all of the projects that are confused about at least some of what the anime is doing. If you're someone that is watching only the anime and aren't confused or not trying to see the bigger project picture (or just don't care), great, but not everyone is like that.

Opinions. Everyone has them.
Interesting. Given that there is a thread specifically for the LN/Manga and another one for the music videos, I am surprised that comparisons are allowed here. You can say it's not a spoiler because the anime is following its own route, but the characters are still the same, and the routes seem to have very similar overarching structure. I don't even mind spoilers, I actually watched all the MVs after I got introduced to them thanks to the first few posts in this thread. I just find constant comparison to another media uncouth, but if it is allowed, so be it.

I sympathize with the anime only viewers who are at a loss. I don't mind shifting through minor details to concoct intricacy, and if I say so myself, am pretty good at extrapolating information out to connect the dots, and I watched the show thus far in one go. My intentions with the claim that the anime does a good enough job explaining itself isn't to dis other anime-only viewers as lesser mortals but to insist that the anime deserves more patience than most seem to have given it.

Everyone has opinions, and to each his own indeed.
Old 2014-06-04, 11:10   Link #974
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Cosmic, you should really watch the MV again. There are a couple of critical differences there.

Spoiler for MV:
Yes, but we all know from Mary no Kakuu Sekai that Mary is the one who is behind.....that (for spoiler reasons although like 99% of people here know it already)

So I don't see what's new.
Old 2014-06-05, 00:52   Link #975
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Yes, but we all know from Mary no Kakuu Sekai that Mary is the one who is behind.....that (for spoiler reasons although like 99% of people here know it already)

So I don't see what's new.
But this is Lost Time Memory.
The Acta Est Fabula should only occur after Outer Science.
Marycurius showing up on that point of the time is like defying all the previously established mechanics.
Just HOW does she managed to show up prior to Outer Science?

Adding the fact that Shintaro's eyes are already red, this would suggest the LTM we see here might just be him recalling what happened upon seeing Ayano's photo, and the actual LTM happened much earlier. In other words, LTM happened even earlier than the other routes, making Marycurius' appearance there a even bigger HOW.
Old 2014-06-05, 09:21   Link #976
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
But this is Lost Time Memory.
The Acta Est Fabula should only occur after Outer Science.
Marycurius showing up on that point of the time is like defying all the previously established mechanics.
Just HOW does she managed to show up prior to Outer Science?

Adding the fact that Shintaro's eyes are already red, this would suggest the LTM we see here might just be him recalling what happened upon seeing Ayano's photo, and the actual LTM happened much earlier. In other words, LTM happened even earlier than the other routes, making Marycurius' appearance there a even bigger HOW.
Eh? But the ending segment is a complete rehash of things from future (or possibly past in relation to the ep. Timeline's all circular after all...) parts...all with Kuroha. Would it not stand to reason Outer Science would be shown too?

Besides, each loop should be caused by Marycurius no? Who else has the ability to do so?

The only question is did this happen before or after the LN and MV routes.
Old 2014-06-07, 10:34   Link #977
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

..Oh god

While I'm happy that they explained many things in this episode, I don't know how to feel to see my favorite song becomes that...thing.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 10:39   Link #978
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There is no god.......
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 10:47   Link #979
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I felt like I was violated and molested then thrown to the dumpster after watching this episode.

Fuck you SHAFT. Really.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 11:00   Link #980
Kakkou
Tch.

...I have no words to describe the despair of watching that music segment.

Anyway, the website put up the last few titles:
10 - Kuusou Forest
11 - Otsukimi Recital
12 - Children Record

No resolution, hello second season? Just thinking of more of this anime is terrifying.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft