AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-14, 21:43   Link #5001
Nosauz

Man negi is a horny bastard, I'm still on the lines of that asuna is somehow related to negi which doesn't mean that she can't be part of his harem, just i don't think there will be a "true" end and most likely a more harem end.

man with the biggest harem is HANDS DOWN Rance, no woman can escape his charm/brute force.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 04:22   Link #5002
Chris38

Well after seining chapter 283

Spoiler for Chapter 283, Negi's condition:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 11:27   Link #5003
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Man negi is a horny bastard, I'm still on the lines of that asuna is somehow related to negi which doesn't mean that she can't be part of his harem, just i don't think there will be a "true" end and most likely a more harem end.

man with the biggest harem is HANDS DOWN Rance, no woman can escape his charm/brute force.
just because they are related doesn't mean they can't get it on. it is only in the US there is this weird rule about cousin marriages. it is perfectly acceptable in the rest of the world to have cousin (incl 1st cousins) marriages and not see anything wrong with it.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-03-16 at 14:49.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 12:44   Link #5004
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just because they are related doesn't mean they can't get it on. it is only in the US there is this weird rule about cousin marriages. it is perfectly acceptable in the rest of the world to have cousin (incl 1st cousins) and not see anything wrong with it.
Congenial birth defects; Genetics, among other things...

Which, by the way, between two people wouldn't seem so bad in the potential context that entire whole percentages of a population could become interrelated to a particular Springfield gene, fit for a monarchy...How's that for a family reunion?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 14:49   Link #5005
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Congenial birth defects; Genetics, among other things...

Which, by the way, between two people wouldn't seem so bad in the potential context that entire whole percentages of a population could become interrelated to a particular Springfield gene, fit for a monarchy...How's that for a family reunion?
according to recent studies, the rate of birth/genetic defects between siblings (bro&Sis) is not much higer then the general population and is non-existant between cousins (even 1st). It is the next gen if there are more inbreeding that the defects would show up at a higher rate.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/....incest.04.09/
Old 2010-03-17, 08:50   Link #5006
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
according to recent studies, the rate of birth/genetic defects between siblings (bro&Sis) is not much higer then the general population and is non-existant between cousins (even 1st). It is the next gen if there are more inbreeding that the defects would show up at a higher rate.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/....incest.04.09/
That's just plain wrong to think so. There are several things that counteract the NegixAsuna pairing if that's what you're trying to say is going to happen. If so, then there's a certain pattern in what Akamatsu does: the first girl who meets him, is the one who gets him in the end.

First of all, Asuna is his aunt, as far as we know. That's -not- 1st cousin at all, no matter how you look at it!

Negi knows that by now, and why on Earth & Mars, would he go and marry his Aunt? Go on, tell me. It's still Squick and Incest, and even if it is minimum, the chance for birth defects is still higher than the normal population.

Also, the real Asuna happens also to be pointing Negi in Nodoka's direction. She prefers that he ends up with Honya-chan rather than herself, because Honya's feelings are real, very, and she wants the best for her friends always. If she were to push Nodoka away from him and hog Negi to herself, what kind of friend would she be?

Just because someone pulled a scientific investigation justifying their own marriage, does that really mean that he'll go for her? No. Just, no.

If we can confirm that Chao really is his descendant, then we can definitely count Bells out of the chart as well. She didn't have any defects at all.

Negi and Asuna are gonna be close in life, but not to the lvl of hitting the springs or getting married, but if you refuse to see that point of view, then you need to be hit on the head.

That's all. Thank you.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 11:56   Link #5007
Xacual

We have no knowledge regarding Asuna and Arika's relationship. Negi might have more information then us that hasn't been revealed yet but I'm still going to assume unless straight out stated that she isn't his aunt. I assume more likely cousin or second cousins.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 12:01   Link #5008
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post

First of all, Asuna is his aunt, as far as we know. That's -not- 1st cousin at all, no matter how you look at it!

Negi knows that by now, and why on Earth & Mars, would he go and marry his Aunt? Go on, tell me. It's still Squick and Incest, and even if it is minimum, the chance for birth defects is still higher than the normal population.
No we don't, there is no actual info on Asuna and Arika's exact relationship other they are related and both belong to the Ostia Royal Family.

as for your 2nd point, it is obvious you never watch Tenchi Muyo
Old 2010-03-17, 15:40   Link #5009
cyberdemon

Quote:
not necessarily, the only thing we know is that they're related. I remember Rakan SPECULATING on their relationship thinking she COULD be Arika's sister but that is the only that that is really said about it
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 01:36   Link #5010
Kurush

Quote:
the only thing we know is that they're related. I remember Rakan SPECULATING on their relationship thinking she COULD be Arika's sister but that is the only that that is really said about it
Just because Rakan said it just once, doesn't mean that it's not pursued after that. One line is pretty much for one thing to bloom and then there are scores of images and hints about them. It's a matter of interpretation, really.

Quote:
it is obvious you never watch Tenchi Muyo
I know enough to say that Tenchi Muyo is not the best role model for a relationship. On a 2nd note, those two who got Tenchi and were blood related to him, were not as close as Asuna could be to Negi.

But let's face it, IF she's the one to get Negi in the end, then Akamatsu's stories got a clear pattern in which the girl who meets the hero first gets him. Eventually, those stories that he continues to make if he continues that pattern will become BORING. I doubt that he would want that to happen.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-03-18, 02:07   Link #5011
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
But let's face it, IF she's the one to get Negi in the end, then Akamatsu's stories got a clear pattern in which the girl who meets the hero first gets him. Eventually, those stories that he continues to make if he continues that pattern will become BORING. I doubt that he would want that to happen.
Mmm I doubt Negi will end up with Asuna, mainly for the fact that after whats happened we guess she has her memories of being the imperial princess back so its safe to assume some one of "Her class and Rank" wouldn't go for someone as short/young as Negi. Plus Kens style in Love Hina the manga and the Anime were alot alike in many ways, we can't rule out that the ending of the Negima! Anime won't be added into the manga also in Asuna's position it seems fitting for her to die. Or pull an Arika and Vanish off with our Hero. lol
Old 2010-03-18, 02:14   Link #5012
Xacual

I really don't think it matter's too much who Negi ends up with anymore, romance of any sort has taken a backseat to the adventure / shounen plot that Ken wanted to do all along. Now of course I want Asuna to be the final winner since I know Eva won't happen but whoever Negi does end up with, if anyone, it won't really kill my enjoyment of the story. Love Hina and stuff was all about when Naru and Keitaro would finally just get together, there was never really any other option.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 02:47   Link #5013
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just because Rakan said it just once, doesn't mean that it's not pursued after that. One line is pretty much for one thing to bloom and then there are scores of images and hints about them. It's a matter of interpretation, really.
You were using a character's assumption and turning it into a fact. Pursuing the matter and claiming it won't work without a clear fact isn't exactly the best way to pull out such kind of argument.

Quote:
That would have been the case if there wasn't any character development between the two, but their relationship was probably the most intricate by a long shot, followed by Nodoka and Chisame.
It isn't like he decided to pull Asuna like this, should he decide to pair her with Negi.

It isn't exactly a matter of "who will it be", since there wasn't a real "harem" pretention in Negima either, rather "how the relationship will turn out".
Old 2010-03-18, 03:08   Link #5014
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Is it just me?

Or does it look like Negi's had a noticeable growth spurt in this chapter(283)?

Chalk it up to inconsistent art... or actual intent?
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 03:35   Link #5015
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Is it just me?

Or does it look like Negi's had a noticeable growth spurt in this chapter(283)?

Chalk it up to inconsistent art... or actual intent?
Negi did grow up several times in this manga. Which also been noted several times IN manga.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 12:18   Link #5016
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Mmm I doubt Negi will end up with Asuna, mainly for the fact that after whats happened we guess she has her memories of being the imperial princess back so its safe to assume some one of "Her class and Rank" wouldn't go for someone as short/young as Negi. Plus Kens style in Love Hina the manga and the Anime were alot alike in many ways, we can't rule out that the ending of the Negima! Anime won't be added into the manga also in Asuna's position it seems fitting for her to die. Or pull an Arika and Vanish off with our Hero. lol
why not? Negi is Arika's son so he is also a Imperial Prince. As far as Rank goes he is her equal. As for Age and Height, it never made any difference in Royal marriage. It is not uncommon for the wife to be a few older then the husband if you look into back into history. While the ideal is for the husband to be older, for the wife to be 3-5 yrs older then the husband isn't very rare either.
Old 2010-03-18, 13:02   Link #5017
Kurush

Now that I'm not gonna argue about.

Old 2010-03-18, 15:25   Link #5018
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
why not? Negi is Arika's son so he is also a Imperial Prince. As far as Rank goes he is her equal. As for Age and Height, it never made any difference in Royal marriage. It is not uncommon for the wife to be a few older then the husband if you look into back into history. While the ideal is for the husband to be older, for the wife to be 3-5 yrs older then the husband isn't very rare either.
Sure in real life maybe most of that applies but then again this is a manga character they act different than us and do a ton of shit based off of "Selfish Emotions" and Asuna says most of Negi's actions are selfish, and now with her memories possibly coming back that could turn her back to her old self and she wanted some one like Nagi in the flashbacks not the complete opposite of him.
Old 2010-03-19, 09:12   Link #5019
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Sure in real life maybe most of that applies but then again this is a manga character they act different than us and do a ton of shit based off of "Selfish Emotions" and Asuna says most of Negi's actions are selfish, and now with her memories possibly coming back that could turn her back to her old self and she wanted some one like Nagi in the flashbacks not the complete opposite of him.
Yes, but possibly wanting someone more like Nagi and less like Negi has absolutely nothing to do with class/rank, or age/height.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 09:21   Link #5020
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

The enemy's spy, getto daze!

Tags
action, fantasy