AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 10:32   Link #1121
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, isn't that around the largest advantage SF4 has in terms of match-ups? I remember some 70-30 ones in SF4 (Hello Sagat?), so you can't call CS incredibly unbalanced unless you call SF4 one as well.

It's not perfect, but which fighter is? I'd take it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:18   Link #1122
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually, isn't that around the largest advantage SF4 has in terms of match-ups? I remember some 70-30 ones in SF4 (Hello Sagat?), so you can't call CS incredibly unbalanced unless you call SF4 one as well.
SFIV is the first version and has 25 fighters, console version just added underpowered characters and had nothing rebalanced period.

BB CS is the second version and has 14 fighters, is getting rebalanced for console as well as an additional fighter.

You can claim they're equal but you have to take those numbers into account.. and SSFIV with 35 characters from most accounts is even better balanced than SFIV. SSFIV Arcade will more than likely add a few characters as well as get tweaked as well, Arcade version is probably going to be DLC for console.

Sagat vs Claw is no longer 7-3 in Japan in top play. Izuna vortex works wonders on Sagat... still in Sagat's favour or course...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:21   Link #1123
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
SFIV is the first version and has 25 fighters, console version just added underpowered characters and had nothing rebalanced period.

BB CS is the second version and has 14 fighters, is getting rebalanced for console as well as an additional fighter.

You can claim they're equal but you have to take those numbers into account.. and SSFIV with 35 characters from most accounts is even better balanced than SFIV. SSFIV Arcade will more than likely add a few characters as well as get tweaked as well, Arcade version is probably going to be DLC for console.

Sagat vs Claw is no longer 7-3 in Japan in top play. Izuna vortex works wonders on Sagat... still in Sagat's favour or course...
Yeah but a lot of those 25 fighters are just different variations of each other. Whereas each fighter in BB is so different that they could have come from different fighting games.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:03   Link #1124
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Yeah but a lot of those 25 fighters are just different variations of each other. Whereas each fighter in BB is so different that they could have come from different fighting games.
This isn't 1994 anymore, Ken isn't a headswap of Ryu so 2P can also play as "Ryu" against a P1 Ryu. There's a reason people like me keep playing as Ken in SFIV even though he's vastly inferior to Ryu, the playstyle is different. None of the incoming 10 fighters in Super play like any of the existing 25 cast members as well..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 23:04   Link #1125
Nerroth
NePoi!

I got the PSP version earlier in the week.

So far, I ran through the story mode (not quite 100%, though) as well as the arcade modes for Noel, Tao and chichinohito, a Legion campaign in easy mode, plus the odd versus and training bout.

I'm not a big fighting game-r, so I got this more to enter the BlayzeBloo shopping setting - and I was not disappointed! The backdrop is very compelling, most of the characters are interesting to follow, plus I like how different (so far) the story told in the Arcade Mode for a character is distinct from the branches in the Story Mode levels.

I'm really hoping there'll be a version of the sequel for the PSP.

There are a few things I'd like to figure out, though.

Spoiler for Qs:

Also, I noticed something when re-watching the opening chapter of the story mode.

Spoiler for CT/CS thing:
Old 2010-04-10, 23:20   Link #1126
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Spoiler for Qs:
Spoiler for Reply, CS spoilers:

Quote:
Spoiler for CT/CS thing:
Spoiler for Reply, CS spoilers.:
Old 2010-04-10, 23:36   Link #1127
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Spoiler for Reply, CS spoilers:

Okay then.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Speaking of faces,

Spoiler for q:

Quote:
Spoiler:

By that logic,
Spoiler for speculation:

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply, CS spoilers.:

But still,

Spoiler for cs:

Oh, one other thing (for now) - I saw a version of the console intro on YouTube, which has a song with lyrics in it. However, on the PSP version (or at least on my copy of it) the console OP has the same music as the arcade mode intro video.

Odd.

EDIT: Is that Makoto sitting in the background of the port stage at night, or some other beastgirl?

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-04-10 at 23:52.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 23:52   Link #1128
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
But still,

Spoiler for cs:
Spoiler for CS Spoilers, hope this helps.:

Quote:
Oh, one other thing (for now) - I saw a version of the console intro on YouTube, which has a song with lyrics in it. However, on the PSP version (or at least on my copy of it) the console OP has the same music as the arcade mode intro video.
Yeah, maybe the song caused some functionality issues or something. I wouldn't really know.

Quote:
EDIT: Is that Makoto sitting in the background of the port stage at night, or some other beastgirl?
Doubt it's Makoto, she's with the NOL remember?
Old 2010-04-12, 14:43   Link #1129
Nerroth
NePoi!

Also - has there been a set of translations done for these?

EDIT: I was watching this - and while I'm... not too sure what was going on, I couldn't help but notice just how much Tsubaki/Asami seemed to be, well, pretty much running the whole thing!

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-04-12 at 15:11.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 15:22   Link #1130
ZeroForever

better then CT and most fighting games in general but 6.5:3.5 is still pretty bad.

Overall it seems pretty balanced, kinda glad Nu/Lamda is middle now as people can STFU if they lose now, but seriously if i see a explosion of bangs online.... ugh.
Old 2010-04-12, 16:12   Link #1131
Nerroth
NePoi!

I found a subbed version of the newer radio show!

After watching some of this stuff, I'm suddenly finding Tsubaki a lot more interesting...
Old 2010-04-12, 16:24   Link #1132
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
I found a subbed version of the newer radio show!

After watching some of this stuff, I'm suddenly finding Tsubaki a lot more interesting...
Oh wow, that is AWESOME.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 16:44   Link #1133
Nerroth
NePoi!

Yes. Yes it is.

By the way, there was an earlier release special for the arcade edition of CS - which has stuff about the PSP release of CT in it.

I want CS for PSP, damnit!
Old 2010-04-12, 16:52   Link #1134
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Aww poor Bang, everybody ganging up on him. That's not how you treat one who fights for love and justice. xD

The dance he and Jin did too was epic. =p

And yeah, Tsubaki definetly has the leader-like role on that show which makes her one of the more interesting people there. Rachel was awfully untalkative though.

I'm so glad this fella decided to sub it. Hope he does Spring Raid part 2 and 3 soon.~
Old 2010-04-13, 00:33   Link #1135
Nerroth
NePoi!

Bang should have been more of a gentlemen to that other Noel. Chichinohito would not approve of such loutish behaviour!

And also - I had a bunch of questions/observations/etc I was gonna list... but right now, I can't think of them. Sigh.
Old 2010-04-13, 02:36   Link #1136
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Man... it's a pity the dirty bits were cut out. They sounded like they would have been huge amounts of fun.

Rachel is an M? wut? :P.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 10:22   Link #1137
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I love the BlazBlue Radio show.
I laughed when Tomokazu Sugita gave Kanako Kondou and Asami Imai their funny nicknames; "Kondom" and "Imagine" respectively. I was ROFL when i heard that!
Old 2010-04-13, 15:29   Link #1138
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

aww.. i miss Nu. how do you not want one after seeing that?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:33   Link #1139
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

for the jin players out there. credit to stunedge from DL. what a nasty video. yes, the beginning is CT, but the rest is CS. but the damage done would make you think CT..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-04-14 at 16:38.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 17:27   Link #1140
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Har, BluRaji is why I bought the game. Gotta check these ones out when I have more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Aww poor Bang, everybody ganging up on him. That's not how you treat one who fights for love and justice. xD
Considering how censored he was on the radio show for CT, I'd gang up on him too. >__>;
Quote:
And yeah, Tsubaki definetly has the leader-like role on that show which makes her one of the more interesting people there. Rachel was awfully untalkative though.
Freedom Sugita can be a bit of a bully [orz Kondoumu], so Asamingosu Imagine is there to.... save the poor girl, rofl. She's pretty crazy from the few Idolmaster things I've seen and kind of awesome from what people tell me. Seiyuu for Litchi proposed to Imagine and she basically went "FCUK NO." I think that's all kinds of awesome.

Actually, Ueda Kana just has a tendency to not talk a lot if there's a lot of people. I only clearly remember her from Nanoha A's/StS afureko and she did the same thing. The Rachel episode for the show is actually second in views, with the first being the first episode. It's been nearly a year since I've seen it, so don't really remember much, sorry.

.... Reminds me of how on her own radio show, Marunage, Ueda Kana made a list of seiyuu she thinks are ドM with co-host Shimizu Kaori, lol.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360