AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 03:26   Link #61
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
They should have just left it PSV exclusive if they were going to cheese out so much. Anybody with both a PS3 and PSV won't bother paying extra for a version that doesn't even have better maps.
Sorry but I have to disagree about this. I only own a PS3 and I really want SRW Z3 so I can't accept you saying this game is just enough for vita
Many people still want it on PS3 even when they knew about the animation or 2D/head map.
If you can't stand 2D map on PS3 then buy that vita version, or just replay those amazing OG series maybe?

It's still better we get traditional SRW with HD sprites (with some get new sprites like Shin Getter, Shin Mazinger, Destiny, etc) rather than just copy-paste old sprites like on @1->@G or @2->@3 or OGS->OGG IMO.

And I agree with Duo about SRW sales is in decline

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2014-01-23 at 03:42.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 07:28   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You shouldn't ignore my point about SRW is in decline. I think they didn't intend for Z3 to be on PS3. It's just there because the Vita's userbase is low, and they don't want to keep the game on the PSP. Also, OGs 2nd was in planning longer than Z3. It was in at least 5 years for developing, and then the delay. This is not a full blown PS3 game, period.

And you can't just port an engine to HD. The sprites need to be redraw.
I didn't ignore. I just didn't respond because I don't necessarilly disagree. And I do agree that Z3 was probably not originally meant for the PS3 (one look at the combat animations and the 2D map layout will tell that story), though considering how anticipated fans have been for this game, it should have been. And it still doesn't change how crappy it looks as a PS3 game.

And I wasn't speaking with tehnological accuracy. But what they pretty much did was take the Z2 engine and plug it in Z3. The way the Arbalest (rather clumsy-looking-ly) runs over to Gaul's Codarl to attack it was pretty much ripped straight out of how such running-across-the-screen animations appeared in Z2. The only improvements is that it looks slightly more fluid due to the higher processing power and the HD-quality picture. (if it didin't meet these two criteria as the bare minimum, this game would be a total failure as a PSV game even)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree about this. I only own a PS3 and I really want SRW Z3 so I can't accept you saying this game is just enough for vita
Many people still want it on PS3 even when they knew about the animation or 2D/head map.
If you can't stand 2D map on PS3 then buy that vita version, or just replay those amazing OG series maybe?

It's still better we get traditional SRW with HD sprites (with some get new sprites like Shin Getter, Shin Mazinger, Destiny, etc) rather than just copy-paste old sprites like on @1->@G or @2->@3 or OGS->OGG IMO.

And I agree with Duo about SRW sales is in decline
Sorry, but graphics-wise this is not in any way a PS3 game, whether it was originally intended to be one or not. It's nice that PS3-only gamers like you (I also have one in addition to a PSV) will be able to get it, but that's completely beside the point. SRW players who want Z3 and don't have a PSV will boost sales for the PS3 version, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is clearly not making any real use of the PS3's capabilities.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2014-01-23 at 07:38.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 08:23   Link #63
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Graphic-wise I still think it's a PS3 game. People are just spoiled by OGs2nd. I'm still holding my judgment until I have the high-res image, but frankly speaking, the sprite is on the level of Dark Prison. Not OGs 2nd, but Dark Prison clean and detail level.
Old 2014-01-23, 08:38   Link #64
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Graphic-wise I still think it's a PS3 game. People are just spoiled by OGs2nd.
2nd OG? Console SRWs have been using 3D maps, full map body sprites, and all that since the Playstation era, and they only got massively better on the PS2.
The only real improvement from Z2 is that they're in HD, and like I said, this game would be a failure as a PSV game too if it didn't meet that criteria

Quote:
I'm still holding my judgment until I have the high-res image, but frankly speaking, the sprite is on the level of Dark Prison. Not OGs 2nd, but Dark Prison clean and detail level.
Too bad the mech movements in the combat animations shown in the trailer look like the clunky kind straight out of Z2, just with HD picture, and not 2nd OG nor Dark Prison, or you might have a point.
Old 2014-01-23, 15:49   Link #65
Destined_Fate

2nd OGs is a different team, they aren't going to revamp Z saga completely when they don't have to as many will still buy a step up over Z2.2 because of their investment in the Z saga, the series included, and wanting to see how Z ends. @ didn't do it, Z ain't gonna do it as such improvements would cost too much time, energy, resources, manpower, and money. They're better off reusing as much as they can while also doing improvements. Which they've done with quite a few of the mecha.

The Talgeese III, for example, is extremely detailed and much larger than reals were in Z2.2.

Besides the Z Saga has been profitable and has sold well enough(even with the decline that has effected all SRW titles), no need to try and change that by doing unnecessary things like changing the map to 3D when 2D works fine.

Not like 3D maps looked all that awe-inspiring in my opinion. Z2.1/2 also loaded much faster than the MX port and A remake by far as well as having much better animations for attacks and mecha.

2D map also provides easier map management and is much cleaner and easier to navigate than 3D maps in the SRW games.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 14:31   Link #66
Destined_Fate

So, anyone have any guesses on what excuse the Wing Boys will use for having less weapons and stuff on their Gundams?

They can't use the excuse that they were gonna destroy them as the Wing Boys know that they will be needed to fight as Ba-al is coming.
Old 2014-01-25, 22:16   Link #67
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So, anyone have any guesses on what excuse the Wing Boys will use for having less weapons and stuff on their Gundams?

They can't use the excuse that they were gonna destroy them as the Wing Boys know that they will be needed to fight as Ba-al is coming.
Heero: "We was attacked by a bunch of STMC/Dimension Beast and greatly outnumbered. So we pressed the self-destruct button to escapte like we usually did in TV series. As a result, we're here but some of our Gundam's weapons are scrap now.". Yeah, that's my opinion ( Flashback to Alpha with the Wing boys' unique skill: Self-destruction )
Old 2014-01-26, 01:00   Link #68
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
( Flashback to Alpha with the Wing boys' unique skill: Self-destruction )
Wasn't Getter Robo's Musashi and Mazinger Z's Boss also had that seishin? I remember reading a 4-koma where Heero's self-destructing Wing ala Musashi did with Getter-1
Old 2014-01-26, 04:23   Link #69
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Wasn't Getter Robo's Musashi and Mazinger Z's Boss also had that seishin? I remember reading a 4-koma where Heero's self-destructing Wing ala Musashi did with Getter-1
The thing about Wing's self-destruct is that I never wanted to use it since their Gundam cost a lot ( To me, any robot cost more than 2000 is expensive >< ). Boss on the other hand only cost 10 . IMO, that skill is unique to Wing's boys not because it's useful but because I almost never use it.
Old 2014-01-26, 20:46   Link #70
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Heero: "We was attacked by a bunch of STMC/Dimension Beast and greatly outnumbered. So we pressed the self-destruct button to escapte like we usually did in TV series. As a result, we're here but some of our Gundam's weapons are scrap now.". Yeah, that's my opinion ( Flashback to Alpha with the Wing boys' unique skill: Self-destruction )
Well DMs don't have a leader atm since Gaioh is defeated and Uther and his top servants other than Marguerite are all dead. So they'll be like when Esther was busting them at the start of the game, not really a threat and kinda dumb but still can cause property damage so DM Busters are hired to deal with them.

Since the 00 Movie preview didn't show the Qan(T) I have a feeling that the ELS and stuff wont be appearing til late in the game with the Qan(T) only being usable for like the last 10 or so stages.

Gotta keep it fresh for Z3.2.

So it's a mystery...
Old 2014-01-27, 05:25   Link #71
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well DMs don't have a leader atm since Gaioh is defeated and Uther and his top servants other than Marguerite are all dead. So they'll be like when Esther was busting them at the start of the game, not really a threat and kinda dumb but still can cause property damage so DM Busters are hired to deal with them.

Since the 00 Movie preview didn't show the Qan(T) I have a feeling that the ELS and stuff wont be appearing til late in the game with the Qan(T) only being usable for like the last 10 or so stages.

Gotta keep it fresh for Z3.2.

So it's a mystery...
I just hope they will give us Diebuster in Z3.2. I don't care what kind of crazy plot they have, I just want to see both Noriko and Nono in a same SRW games . And god bless Banpresto if they gave them a Combination attack ^^.
Old 2014-01-27, 08:11   Link #72
Destined_Fate

Well, it may happen... I wont be surprised if Aquarion returns in Z3.2 just so it can get combo attacks with the Evol version. So Diebuster and Gunbuster happening would be awesome as well.

After all they're gonna try and top @3 as that was their last trilogy series + Gaiden.

Splitting Z3 into two parts better mean we get an epic roster for the final confrontation with Ba-al!

And they better give Esther her darn Mecha Upgrade! You don't leave plot points like that untouched!

Spoiler for Image:

I also want them to continue Esther and Setsuko's relationship where Esther saw Setsuko as a big sister figure that she really respected and looked up to!
Old 2014-02-05, 12:59   Link #73
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201402/06047596.html

Some mechanics are explained, we see M9D from The Second Raid, and the Balarant Union from VOTOMS will be playing a significant role.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 23:06   Link #74
Cyprene

Wow, Infinite Battle really sold like crap, didn't it?

I am... completely unsurprised.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 19:34   Link #75
Destined_Fate

It had no story mode or the such... I wasn't really wow'd by it at all. Rather play Dark Prison, only pull in my eyes to get that game.

I wonder if Crowe will show up in his "retirement" Mecha which is the Axion Scott Mk.II. Maybe it gets trashed and he somehow gets in to debt again which drags him back to working for Traiya which I'm sure would make Esther happy since she hasn't given up winning his heart.

VOTOMs getting a huge focus again means that Code Geass will be getting a lot of Focus as well. In z2.2 it's revealed that C.C. is similar to Wiseman and CG/VOTOMs had a lot of plot points merged together.

I'm sure they'll play off Kallen and C.C.'s hilarious conversations when they join up, those two really made an odd yet very hilarious traveling pair.
Old 2014-02-08, 10:24   Link #76
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
VOTOMs getting a huge focus again means that Code Geass will be getting a lot of Focus as well.
CG's plot is done, VOTOMS has more OVAs to go, plus the Sunsa arc was mostly skipped over save for the final battle with Ypsilon and the Quent arc was reduced to one stage. If Garadoublas MK01 and the heavy Balarant units being used are any indication Banpresto might be retreading ground they were not able to cover in Z2.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 11:02   Link #77
Key Board
Carbon

I honestly dislike Shining Heresy.

It feels that they revived the series just to needlessly drag things on and piss on it one last time.

reeks of Marvel comic syndrome

I suppose it lives up to its title of "heresy"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 11:54   Link #78
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

We get the scan of the original characters and suit. Seems like they go with Gemini this time.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-12, 12:22   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
We get the scan of the original characters and suit. Seems like they go with Gemini this time.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I like the Geneon's design, but something about Hibiki's design just doesn't click for me.
Old 2014-02-12, 15:29   Link #80
Kirayuki

A unit with Dimension Energy as power source ? And can deploy D-Field by its own ? Wow.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha