AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-27, 23:54   Link #21
jseah

I'm sorry for taking so long for the chapters. Writing 3 chapters worth of words in 3 weeks but only posting twice.

There just wasn't a good stopping point.

So a point of order:
Do you prefer shorter incomplete posts chapters that I update as I write or a complete chapter each week? I could post individual sections as I write them, which would be more often, but they might just stop in the middle of something or I may go back and re-write it.

This wouldn't change the story itself of course.
Old 2015-06-28, 02:02   Link #22
Breimn

I think it would be better to just stop at a good stopping point/cliffhanger , wheter it is short or long. Personally i dont mind wheter you do longbor short updates(though have been spamming f5 for the last 10 days on your site, lok)
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 02:49   Link #23
NotteBoy97

I am always a fan of complete chapters over incomplete chunks
NotteBoy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 04:11   Link #24
Breimn

I have a question. How long do enchantments lasts?Would it be possible to make things like "turbines" that keep moving at least a few hours after you give it just a spin?(for exemple by having A being magic pulled by B being pulled by C being pulled by A makinga sort of magic perpetual motion, this would help both in making energy or as traps against enemy monsters by putting them on walls or ground)Or can you make so that instead of all the arrows enchanted to follow a shot arrow the arrows A01_20 only follow the arrow A0 and wont follow arrow B0? After being already enchanted to follow will it require more mana at the moment of shooting or you can make so that you can shot as many as you want, even a whole army s worth(as long as you have mana for the arrow pulling the other arrows)? Even if the number is limited to like 10 arrows for person(for mana or magic formula requirements) at the time it would still be very useful for the ambushing archers like the Fuuka did with the zombies cause they would be able to shoot X times faster.Another weapon they could put on walls could be following the collision balls experiments except with them pushing the other like magnets with the left and right ends with safety measures to keep the balls inside the chosen area.
Old 2015-06-28, 09:12   Link #25
jseah

Is there interest in magic theory? I could do a special chapter on it but I thought most people wouldn't be interested.
Old 2015-06-28, 09:25   Link #26
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseah View Post
Is there interest in magic theory? I could do a special chapter on it but I thought most people wouldn't be interested.
Do you intend to go full science engineering /politics/ economy? In that case it should be fine to avoid to not bother with it. In case you intend to show how MC magic inventions change the life and wars you should provably set magic rules down even if you keep them to yourself and slowly describe them kinda like Mother of learning did.One thing you should not copy is onii sama explanations since it makes honor students like George or school chairmain look stupid.
Old 2015-06-28, 14:25   Link #27
Breimn

Ah, if you want to go really deep in details on economy/lifestyle side changes it may help to read some history of economics book about industrial revolution , personnally i studied from "dall'espansione allo sviluppo. una storia economica d'europa" but i don't think you can find it in english . Maybe just some summary from your local college would be enough , just to get the idea of why to do something and how the other countries would follow the change made by the first one.
Old 2015-06-28, 21:23   Link #28
Dart-Sama

hmmmm that letter in chap 28, not good!!
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 01:48   Link #29
jseah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Do you intend to go full science engineering /politics/ economy? In that case it should be fine to avoid to not bother with it. In case you intend to show how MC magic inventions change the life and wars you should provably set magic rules down even if you keep them to yourself and slowly describe them kinda like Mother of learning did.
The magic rules already exist. They predate this story concept actually. Kudos for the reference, I will take a look at this "Mother of Learning".

Yes, science / politics / economy will take some level of importance, more than the various Isekai-type novels I have seen here. While I did get the original concept after reading Shield Hero, the overall plot and material is closer to something like Gate, Log Horizon and Daybreak on Hyperion.

Or at least, that's what I'm aiming for. Whether I'm good enough to hit it is another matter. =D But darn if I'm not going to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
One thing you should not copy is onii sama explanations since it makes honor students like George or school chairmain look stupid.
This is referring to uh... Mahouka maybe? (the irregular at magic high school)

Yeah, I wasn't actually going to write an actual lecture (you're not going to get a transcript of the previously referred to "Rilanzar's fifth lecture on magical triggers"), but I did previously have an idea of continuing the magic lessons from Danine's point of view but scrapped it because it would look far too much like Magic Theory 101.
Old 2015-07-04, 20:42   Link #30
Dart-Sama

chap 29, read up, read up! =D
Old 2015-07-12, 14:18   Link #31
Breimn

New ch up, hope crazy girl isnt thinking about making laser guns lol
Old 2015-07-12, 17:51   Link #32
Dart-Sama

hmmmm they arent that far for energy beams, but i can totally see her making a few crazy golems after hearing of robots
Old 2015-07-13, 07:33   Link #33
Breimn

Talking about golems, maybe she is planning about magic limbs for soldiers just like a certain one lost them and got new ones thanks to science? Making just an arm or a leg would be a first goal towards a full working golem.
Old 2015-07-20, 11:54   Link #34
Breimn

Well,she did not make a golem but something close enouhh. A robot exeskrlton.
Old 2015-07-20, 19:49   Link #35
Dart-Sama

Hurraaaaaais for landar =d
Old 2015-07-26, 12:43   Link #36
Breimn

Well, i guess MC will now go full alchemist mode?
Old 2015-07-26, 13:27   Link #37
ShadowSamurai365

The MC needs to learn how to defend himself before attempting to do something that'll attract more dangerous people to himself.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 15:44   Link #38
Breimn

He just needs to learn from the full metal alchemist:P
Old 2015-07-31, 18:51   Link #39
Dart-Sama

hahahahaha new chapt ppl, read up! is worth it xD
its the birth of magitech for em xD
Old 2015-07-31, 19:02   Link #40
jseah

Please don't troll them.

New chapter in a few days. Hopefully 2. I wrote it from back to front and it looks like the front might take a couple thousand more words than I thought. >.<

Tags
alternate universe, harem, scientific magic, web novel